Hmmh... Roleplay-preferences.

Guest OkataShin

Guest OkataShin

Hello there YO staff!

I've seen many other forums having this "roleplay-resume" -part in their member profiles. It's kind of a "tab" attached to a member's profile where the members can fill in information about their roleplay experience, style, preferences, history etc. etc. I know that this forum isn't only for those who rp so attaching it into one's profile wouldn't be wise.

But also, just posting those kind of things into one rp-recruitment post wouldn't be good because they tend to go light years and light years away when other posts come. So how about a new root to the rp-recruitment section which is called something like "rp preferences" or "rp player status" or something. I dunno about the name but I hope you get the idea.

I think that if we had a section like this, people could list down things about their roleplaying and go update it at times if needed. Then they could put the link of their roleplaying-preference-thingy into their recruitment-posts and that way they wouldn't have to explain their way of roleplaying every time again and again when doing new posts. That way we could probably search for more suitable partners for rps as well since we could scroll through the information of other roleplayers and see if they have any similarities in their way of writing and in their interests.

At least I would use it a lot because writing all the stuff about "being this literate and liking this, that, and this genre and liking this and that pairing etc. etc." again and again is tiring. Putting the link of my "roleplay resume" to every rp-recruitment I make would be a lot easier and there people could see a lot more detailed info about me as a roleplayer and a writer.

I think that the "fill in" parts could be something similar to this:

I

Playing Habits: (how often is the member available and how often can she/he post in a roleplay)

Favourite genres: (Fantasy, scifi, modern, magical, horror, romance, furry etc. etc.)

Disliked genres: (The genres that the member doesn't like to play)

Playing style - Passive or aggressive: (A passive player is someone who needs direction and likes their partner to lead the story. And aggressive player likes directing the action himself and controlling the game. Or then one can be both.)

Character stereotypes: (The kind of characters that the member likes to play most often. For ex. A man with tragic past, badass seme, cute uke, etc.)

Character non-gos: (These are then the character types that the member doesn't like to play.)

Scene sample(s): (An example of a roleplay post just to show the member's playing/writing style, length etc.)

Writing style: (If the member doesn't want to give a scene sample, he/she can just give a description about how many paragraphs does he/she usually write and from which person does he/she usually write)

Mature roleplaying: (Does the member do "smutty" roleplays.)

Position of characters: (Is the member usually playing as uke, seme or seke.)

Playing style: (How does the member like to write sexy scenes/how far can he/she go in them. Fade to black, closed doors, subtle hints, descriptive, explicit, dirty etc.)

Plot Balance: (More sex or more plot? Which one is more important to the member when roleplaying.)

Preferences: (Scenes, situations, positions, pairings, fetishes, group etc. etc.)

^^I think those things could be asked. It could be like a form to fill in, and of course there should be those explanations to every part included just in case that someone doesn't get the idea, or writes something off-topic. And if the member wants to fill in the form, he/she can just fill in parts of it or add his/her own stuff. Those could be just... directional questions.

These are just some ideas which could be questioned. What is important is that the other members get a good picture of the person's rp-style and can then for ex. decide to ask him/her for an rp. Of course this is just optional and I'm not sure how many others are up for this but at least It'd be a lot easier for me to write one, long post about my style and then I could give the link to my fellow roleplayers. I think this would be a good extra to the rp-recruitment or some other section, with a lot of polishing of course.

I think you're the one who can give me help with this. Am I right, @Key ?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

We already have such a section, which is very new actually. It's called

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and there is no special pattern you gotta follow. You can simply list there all your experience, your expectations or whatever you feel your future RP partners should know before starting to RP with you.

Guest OkataShin

Oh, I thought it was only for "rules" like "don't do this", "don't do that" kind of stuff. But yeah. I'll use it and update my "rules" into something more. Thank you @Key !