GrimRabbit

Saito smiled in spite of himself. He curled up in the blanket,savoring the warmth. When the other said he was taking a shower,he nodded and grinned. Still sleepy. He sighed happily and drifted off the sleep. Saito was so comfortable that he forgot about the frequent nightmares he's been having ever since he first found out about this university.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrimRabbit

• StainedCrimson

• Elmeida

Azusa lightly touched the door with his fingertips. Through the glass, he could see his brother, Liam Leonhardt, lying ever so peacefully in a coma. Most of the time he couldn't bear to enter, this was one of those times.

'I'd appreciate if you didn't have such a sullen look.' Liam said in his head.

'you can't even see me, maybe it's just your imagination.' Azusa thought.

'I've lived inside your head long enough to feel what you feel, and to sense the expression you wear. You can't trick me, Azusa.' Liam said, his tone serious.

Azusa only sighed. 'are you happy now that I've visited?'

'very.' Liam said happily.

Azusa turned to leave the hospital, glancing at the doctor who was looking at him in the hallway. Something did not sit right with him. 'be careful, Azusa.' Liam said, sensing the same vibe from the doctor.

'I should say that to you too.' Azusa thought, leaving the hospital without glancing back again, his pace slightly faster. By the time he got back, it was already late, the guard at the school gates nearly locked him out of school. The stairs creaked beneath his feet as he climbed, exhausted. Entering the room silently, he closed the door behind him and removed his coat which smelled of antiseptic. His eyelids were heavy and so couldn't clearly see even with the lights on. Not bothering to change, Azusa only removed his shirt throwing it on the floor, and covered himself with layers of blankets. Just before closing his eyes, he silently noted how the room was warmer than most days...

Vincent looks at Azusa when he enters from his perch near the balcony. He stays silent, as per usual, while Azusa undresses and goes to bed. His eyes widen slightly taking in the sight and a faint blush can be seen as he finally manages to snap his gaze back out the window. He toys with one of his rings before it seems to melt and form on his hand as a mini replica of Azusa that walks around before melting down again to reform as a ring on his finger. With a soft sight he gets up and goes to bed wearing a tank top and shorts. His alarm set early so he can wake up his roommate to get his books.

That morning,Saito woke up in a cold sweat. He had another nightmare.' They just keep getting worse and worse...and i still can't remember them'. He sigh,irritated,he checked his phone to see the time.'5:43...'. Knowing he wasn't going to get anymore sleep,he got up. But as soon as his feet touched the ground,his vision turned hazy."Shit..." He stood there until his vision was clear and grabbed his bag,heading towards the bathroom. He closed the door,not bothering on locking it. He slid to the floor,panting heavily. The lights started flickering and the mirror cracking.'No...not now..'

Vincent's eyes snap open as Saito starts to have his problem in the bathroom. Sliding out of bed, all his metal pieces still in place as he sleeps with them, he goes over to the door and knocks. "Are you alright?" He asks in a low voice to avoid waking their other roommate. He turns the door knob slowly and cautiously, unsure of what will greet him when he opens the door.

When the door opened,it startled Saito. Causing the.mirror to shatter and the lights becoming unbearably bright. "Get out!" He yelled,not wanting Vincent to seem him like this. He didn't want to scare off his new roommates because of his 'problem' . 'He thinks i'm a freak. ..' he thought bitterly. The bathtub started to crack and the sink exploded,shooting water everywhere. Saito held his now aching head,the pain being too much for him. He rocked back and forth,trying to calm down."I said get out....please"

Hearing the shattering mirror and other commotion going on in the bathroom Vincent ducks and tackles Saito to cover him using his own body to protect him from the glass. The metal forms a small barrier over them to help protect from the rest of the debris. Glancing down at Saito he gathers him up and gets them out of the bathroom and just outside the door. "Are you alright?" He asks looking down at the figure in his arms as his metal resettles back on his body.

Saito looked back up at Vincent surprised.' He's just like me..?' The tub stopped cracking and repaired itself. The water shooting out of the sink floated in the air,levitating. The freshman was at a lose for words,he thought he was the only one with such 'unique' powers. The only one who was abnormal. But he was wrong,he's been wrong all along. He wasn't the only one with unique abilities. He wasn't alone..." I'm.....f-fine.." his words slurred,he was losing consciousness. Trying to hold back his' problem' always made him weak. No matter how little it was.

'Azusa, I'm not gonna call you again. Wake up!' Liam said, sounding a little frustrated.

'What? You want another visit?' Azusa jokingly thought. Give him a warm bed in winter and he'd hibernate through it all, even if it was his brother calling him.

'No dammit, there's something wrong...' Liam's voice sounded faint. Azusa's eyes shot open, he was completely awake now. "Liam?" he asked, no answer. He sat up on his bed, agitated. Pushing back his bangs, he noticed Vincent and Saito. Did his brother's disconnection have anything to do with the two of them? His gaze slightly drifted to the open bathroom. The water floated like it was the normal thing to do. Rubbing his eyes and looking again, he knew he wasn't just imagining it. "shit...I must be really sleepy but...." he stared at the both of them, slightly glaring, "what the hell is going on here?"

Vincent looks up at Azusa surprised to see him awake while in the middle of picking up Saito to carry him to bed. He gets a very faint blush before frowning slightly and looking down at the unconscious man in his arms. "I'm not sure. He went into the bathroom and I heard sounds so I went to check on him. Opening the door I saw him and the bathroom breaking apart, then the water shot up as the rest of the bathroom went to normal as he passed out." He states while taking their unconscious roommate to his bed and tucks him in.

"huh?" Azusa couldn't understand or maybe he didn't want to. He then looked at Saito who was unconscious, his eyes widened. "Is he alright?!" he asked, getting up from his bed and rushing to them. The cold chased away his drowsiness and his warmth. "it's cold." he said, taking out a plain long sleeved t-shirt from his wardrobe. Glancing at Saito again and knowing he was comfortable, he walked to the bathroom and leaned on the door. Looking at it now, he believed that everything Vincent told him actually happened. "...and I slept through all this?" he asked and looking at his wristwatch. It was almost six, 'so much for planning to sleep till mid-day.' he thought.

Saito layed unconscious in bed. He was lost in the depths of his mind. Every time something like this happens he either has no memory of it,or sleeps through the whole the. He was having another one of those ,well memories to be exact. Memories about his mom. How it use to be,before the incident. Later on he wakes up tired,mentally and physically.'Hmm?..what happened? ' He layed in bed confused,not knowing what the time or day was. Memories of the incident came rushing back. Making Saito sit up quickly,wide eyed'H-he saw...he saw what happened..' He was scared,he was scared that Vincent might tell someone. Then he'd have to start all over again. He stood up and checked his phone. It was 2:43 in the afternoon..a whole day later!! ' Shit!' The freshman hurried and got dress,muttering colorful words. When was in,what he deemed, appropriate clothes. He ran out the dorm,heading to class in a sprint

Vincent shrugs. "I have no reason to lie to you. And as for how you slept through it I don't know. Still, we should keep an eye on him so that when he wakes up we know he's okay and find out what happened." He states tilting his head at Saito. He chuckles softly when the other comments about the cold and goes over to the thermostat to turn it up a little bit. "Is that better?" He asks Azusa as the heater kicks on to warm the room a little.

----------

The next day he looks at the still sleeping Saito concerned. "If he doesn't wake up today by the end of classes I'll take him to the infirmary." He tells Azusa looking at him while finishing getting dressed for class. Later, while in the middle of lecture he looks up a bit surprised, but also relieved, to see Saito running to class and bursting into it. Nodding in a satisfied manner that the other seems well and to have recovered he goes back to his own studies.

Saito walked towards an empty seat in the back an sat down. Some of the students were staring at him. But when he glared,they turned their gazes right back to the front.'Assholes...' The freshman scrunched up his nose in annoyance. Through the whole class period,he couldn't focus. He tried but always failed miserably. He looked over at Vincent,mind racing with thoughts' What if he told someone? No...he probably didn't. But...still' Saito continued to stare,trying to figure out his roommate.

• 2 weeks later...

Azusa nodded to what Vincent said, he was also curious to know what had happened. "...yeah, thanks." Azusa said as Vincent turned up the room temperature. He hadn't slept through the remaining hours, instead he'd stay up constantly keeping an eye on Saito. What if he's...like me? Unconciously, he drifted off to sleep.

--next day--

Azusa woke with a start, surprised for the first time that he had actually woken up early for classes. He glanced at Vincent who was already dressed. "...got it." he replied to Vincent as he also got up. He was never on time for classes, why would he bo ontime today? He took a long shower and after dressing in warm clothes, he strode to Saito. Brushing aside his bangs from his face and slightly stroking his cheek. Although he was engrossed with Saito's beauty, he couldn't linger. Taking his notebook from his drawer, Azusa got out of the room, slowly walking to class.

He was a full two lessons late. His composure didn't change as the proffesor shouted at him, he was used it. Of course he knew he'd recieve detention after class. He took his seat and all through the day, he'd wonder how Saito was doing, had he woken up or not. Looking out the window, he silently wished he were in the same class as him...

Vincent notices Saito looking at him and can guess as to why the other is so nervous and jumpy. Glancing away from his roommate he just leans his cheek on an open palm while staring out the window with a bored look on his face. His free hand writes down notes, but on the whole he doesn't seem too interested in the class or what's going on. When the lunch bell rings he gathers up his things and leaves the room to head up to the roof to eat his lunch in a slightly isolated corner.

Saito jumped out of his skin when the lunch bell went off. He grabbed his messenger bag and headed towards the hallway,still glaring at the students who stared. 'They act like they've never seen purple hair before...' . Sighing bitterly,he walked outside to the court yard. He knew no one would be outside because of the weather. He slumped down on a bench sighing heavily. ' I wonder if they saw everything....'. He looked at the falling snow in thought.' I've moved to different cities before but now i have to change university!?' He glared up at the sky with much hate. He envied the snow flakes. Falling to wherever on the ground. Not having to change spots every few months. He envied the trees,tgey can change any color and no one would bat an eye. But for him,as soon as he walks into a room,there's stares every where. Some even go as far as take pictures. He closed his eyes,trying to calm himself

• 1 month later...

Not caring about the snow that's falling, Vincent finishes his lunch and then passes the time working with his metal. Making it change shapes, move, split and converge. Hearing the bell ring signalling the end of lunch he sighs and reluctantly returns everything to where and how it was before heading back inside to make it to his next class. Absently he wonders if he'll have his roommates in any more of his classes or if that's it for the day until they get back to the dorms.