King's Pawn (XxMissxPhantomhivexX & ideduce)

XxMissxPhantomhivexX

anime.jpg

~Stands at 4'10~

~Name~

Julian Fairchild

~Age~

~Species~

Human

~Gender~

Male

~Rank~

Slave

~Personality~

Julian is rather shy and timid though he can be pretty sassy when invoked. He startles and scares easily and doesn't like loud or sudden noises. He is really clumsy and tends to trip a lot, mostly over his own feet. He loves helping people and does so whenever he can. He is kind and doesn't judge people. He can be oblivious and trusts way too easily.

~Biography~

Julian's mother died when he was young. He was left with his drunk of a father who spent all their money on liquor. Julian went to bed most nights hungry. He did odd jobs around the town but every coin he raked in was taken by his father. If Julian refused to give up the money he was beaten and his father took it anyway. One day, after having not eaten anything for a few days and not having anything to buy food with Julian got desperate. He had contemplated stealing before but never had to guts to do so. But his stomach was controlling his mind and so he snuck over quietly to a horse and started rummaging around in the saddle bag, not knowing just who he was stealing from.

~Other~

He is mute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julian darted out the door, his fathers drunken yells following him. The boy received many curses and glares as he ran through the crowd in the market. He didn't care though seeing as he was too busy putting as much distance between his father and himself as he could. Once he was a good ways away from his house he stopped to examine the new bruises and cuts marring his skin curtsey of one of his father's fit of rage.

He sighed and turned, making his way more slowly down the street. He tried to ignore all the appetizing smells floating through the air but his stomach grumbled loudly away. He placed a hand on his stomach and sighed once more. He had no money to buy anything with, his father having taken all he had. But what if...? Julian immediately tried to shove the though aside. No, stealing was wrong. If he was caught stealing his hand could be cut off, or worse.

But his stomach persisted and soon he found himself drifting over to a horse tied to a post outside the tavern. He peeked around to make sure no one was looking before standing on his tip toes to try and peer inside. He, of course, was too short and he cursed silently. He spotted a box and pushed it over before stepping up and began rummaging through the saddlebag with more success.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XxMissxPhantomhivexX

• ideduce

Anime_guy.jpg

~Stands at 5' 9~

~Name~

Arminas of Dorthonion

~Age~

~Species~

elf

~Gender~

Male

~Rank~

Prince of thieves

~Personality~

haughty and fun loving, he's a free spirit and rather gentle but if his coin or mates are in danger he's quick to slit throats

~Biography~

Born a lordling he was found to be a bastard son and was sent to Ithaca to be a guard and be forgotten. However the guards there were rappiers, the damned, the fat, the lame, and the incredibly stupid. Armines didn't care to stay, and escaped. He soon ran the town with his black market, and with the guard already corrupt there was no one to stop him. He vowed to prove his father wrong someday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The elf watched the back side of a thieve and thought it rather amusing. He snuck up on what he thought was a child based on his side and hoisted him up onto the horse and kicked the barrel away. He gave him a light spank.

"Shame on you. Trying to steal my wares. Just who do you think you are." He laughed. He went around his horse to see the male in question face to face.

(You used Howl's picture, you're my favorite person now. xD)

Julian let out a silent gasp and jerked as he was suddenly lifted into the air as though he was nothing more than a bag of cotton. He flinched when he backside was spanked and tried to writhe away. He kicked his small legs and wriggled in his captures hold. Julian glanced up and saw just who he had been trying to steal from. The fight went out of him like a deflated balloon and his large brown eyes widened. Oh dear gods, he had just tried to steal from the Prince of thieves himself. He cursed silently in his head. Without a voice he could only hang there helplessly, praying the Prince was in a merciful mood.

(haha)

his violet eyes watched the younger with a smile.

"Human boy ey? How queer, what's a tiny thing like you doing in my town?" he winked and pulled at him and helped him to the ground. he ruffled his hair. "You're awfully light for you size. Want some lemon cake boy?" his eyes smiled at him.

The sun shined on his face. He was always in high spirits with the sun so high.

Julian was grateful when he felt solid ground under his feet. His eyes regarded the man warily though he couldn't help but feel a tiny bit hopeful when the man asked him if he wanted cake. A loud grumbled answered for the mute boy, his stomach choosing at that time to protest its emptiness. Julian blushed and wrapped his around around his middle as though to stifle the noise.

Julian bated at the hand with his own small one, scowling up at the man who was almost a foot taller than he was. By way of answer he pointed at his throat then shook his head, hand dropping to his side.

Julian blinked. Had the man intended to rhyme? Julian did as he asked and parted his lips, wondering what the man was looking for.

Looks

"You lost your voice....We'll find it one day no worries. What say you? Want to work under me? I'll show you how to steal and you can just....Well Take care of me so to speak." he rummaged in his parcel and held out a lemon cake in a large green leaf. "I don't eat meat but if I must I can get you some."

Julian stood there for a moment blinking, his brain struggling to process what he just said. He wanted him..to basically be his slave? Julian looked at him like he was crazy but...the man was offering adventures and besides, he was miserable with the life he was living now. Julian hesitated for a moment before he nodded.

"Good man! You'll be polishing amour and everything before you know it. Eventually you'll get strong enough to do acrobats and I'll take you on a heist." He smiled. "You'll give silent as a thief a new meaning." he beamed. "Untill then lets go in the resturant for a bite.....Lets see if you can handle stealing a simple apple." He grinned.

Julian nodded hesitantly again, wondering if he was going to regret taking the elf's offer. Well, too late to back out of it now so he might as well suck it up and honor his word.

Arminas sat at the table and looked to him.

"steal an apple, any apple.....Then carve your name in it and give it to me." He handed him a dirk with a blue blade and nodded to him.

In the meantime he'd order pancakes, salad, peach cobbler, honeymilk, eggs and bacon, though the eggs and bacon were for the lad he now brought in. He was curious to see what skill he had. He'd keep a watchful eye on him.

Julian hesitantly took the dirk, looking curiously at the blade. Why was it blue? He mentally shrugged and stuck it through a ring in his belt. He looked up at Arminas once more before turning and disappearing in the crowd. The idle thought to run crossed his mind, by the time Arminas went looking for him he could be long gone...Julian shook his head fiercely. He agreed and he was going to keep his word. He scanned the crowd with sharp eyes, looking for a target. There. There was old Boris. He was half blind and almost deaf. Perfect. Julian snuck over, using his small size to hide from sight.

When the old mans back was turned he darted from his hiding spot and snatched an apple. A sudden shout made his head jerk up. The old man was descending upon him, cane raised to hit him. Julian reacted instinctively. One small hand shot to his belt and pulled the dirk free, swinging it up in the same movement. He blocked the cane just in time, surprised at himself. Then years of avoiding his father kicked in and he spun to his left, the cane missing his ear by inches. A hand reached out and grabbed the back of his jacket, yanking him back. Julian, thinking quickly, shed the jacket and darted away into the crowd, apple still clenched in his hand. He ran several streets away before he darted into an alleyway and paused to catch his breath. His eyes drifted down to the shiny, ruby red apple held in his small hand.

A grin stretched across his face and he carved his name into the skin of the apple with the knife. He waited for about ten more minutes before he made his way back to the tavern, using the back ways he knew of. He entered the tavern through a side door and made his way over to Arminas, holding the apple out proudly.

"They have your scent.....Or would have." Arminas held up the other's coat. "Though I'm sure they don't now." He traded him for the apple and looked at the name. "Like a jewel. So. Julian. You'll have to work hard for your thief name, but you seem to have skill. You know how to pick your targets. Most novices just try to show off, which is the bane of their existance. You were clever. A seasoned thief wouldn't bother in this manner, however, you know your place so teaching you will be very simple. There's a spider's crypt. The old king Lannistare and his family all sleep there. No one can pray for them, and no raider wishes to meet with spiders the size of horses. For me, it's a decent enough challange to catch my intrest, and one to train you on." He slid the plate over to Julian. "Eat up because today we find coin and gem."

Julian accepted his jacket and slipped it back on. He sat down at the table and nodded in thanks as a plate was slid in front of him. He picked up a fork and began eating the eggs, being careful not to make a mess. Even though he was starving he knew he would get a stomachache if he ate too quickly so he forced himself to eat slowly.

Julian paused in his eating to look up at Arminas and nod before he took a strip of bacon and began nibbling on it. He thought about going back to his house to pick up some things but then wondered if he should risk his fathers wrath. He looked around then spied a notebook and pencil sitting on a table next to them. He grabbed it then began to write:

Could I stop ay my house to pick up a few things?

He then slid the notebook in front of the other man.

He looked. He wasn't aware of his situation at home.

"We can stop there, where is it?" he asked curiously as he was eating the apple Julian stole.

Julian took the notebook back and wrote under his question:

Not far. About ten minutes walk from here. He then slid it back in front of Arminas.

He looked and nodded.

"You'll teach me how to sign to you tonight. It'll be much faster." he smiled.

With that he washed his hands in the bowl of water and dried them. He got up leaving the money on the table.

"Lets be off. We can walk there my horse needs to rest still."

He escourted Julian to the home. He wasn't sure if he should wait here or go in. He expected instruction from the other male.

(I've made a

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
. Would you please check it out? ^^)

Julian nodded and stood up as well. The walk to his house was quick and soon they were standing at the door. Julian pressed an ear against the wood then smiled when his fathers drunken snores reached him. Excellent. Julian then looked at Arminas, pointed at him, then pointed at the ground where he stood, signaling he wanted him to stay were he was. He waited for a response.

He just walked away and lept into a tree and just relaxed up there. He figured there was something wrong, or someone abusive was behind the door that didn't take kindly to rogues. So he just stayed were he was for now.

Julian turned and quietly entered the house. His father was asleep, an empty tankard dangling from his fingers. Julian crept past him, down the hall and into his room. It was much, just a mattress stuffed with hay and a scratchy blanket. Julian padded over to the wooden box that house his clothes and began stuffing them into a bag. He also grabbed his mothers locket and hung it around his neck. He finished getting all he need and slung the pack over his shoulder. He went back down the hall and started for the door but he didnt make it very far. A shout sounded out behind him and he whirled around just in time for a fist to connect with his right cheek. It threw Julian back and he slammed into the wall, slumping to the ground. He laid dazed for a moment but before he could struggle to his feet, a foot connected with his side and a strangled cry of pain escaped him.

Julian curled into a ball, arms over his head. "Where do you think you're going boy?! Thinking of leaving are you? Where are you going to go eh? No one wants a pathetic little weakling such as yourself." The man snarled as he grabbed a fist full of Julian's hair, making the boy gasp.