The Camping Trip w/ Bellala99

azuneko

Paul tilted his head and smiled. "You don't seem like one who'd stay at one place, either." He said with the smile lingering on his face. The laughter coming from Ethan warmed Paul up and he joined it, chuckling quietly to himself. This was way more enjoyable, that's for sure!

"Me? I work at a small cafe, nothing special... Though on my free time I enjoy writing. It helps me calm my nerves after some annoying customers or so~" The black-haired male grinned and tossed away what was left of the apple. He licked his lips and closed his eyes, a smile now not leaving his face. He could hear almost everything - from the wind, blowing through the top of the trees, to the sound of his heart beating. He enjoyed this so much..

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azuneko

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• vadess40

"It sounds like you live a rather peaceful life. It must be nice Paul." he mutters as he stood up and closed his eyes. He could hear the sounds of water. He knew they were on the right path. "Well lets get a move on. If this water is connected to the waterfall I saw yesterday then we can't be too far away." he said glad to be almost free from the woods.

Ethan glanced over at Paul with a smile. "Maybe once this is over I will come by the cafe. You can serve me up a sweet tea and cakes. How does that sound. I may not look it but I sure do have a sweet tooth." he said cheerfully.

Paul chuckled and nodded. "It id pretty peaceful... I don't really enjoy too much noise and all. It's way better spending some time in nature... Preferably not lost though." The black-haired male laughed cheerfully and glanced at the other. "I'm glad you're here, Ethan. If it weren't for you, I'd probably be in pieces already..." He smiled and stood up as well.

Once he'd heard what Ethan said later, a bright smile appeared on his face. "With the condition you'll show me your drawings~ I'm really curious, you know. And believe me, our cook is the best! His cakes are absolutely delicious~" Paul promised as he walked up to the other. "It'd be worthy of your art, that's for sure." The taller male smiled and started walking.

Ethan looked at him. "Sure thing. Lets get going or I'll never be able to prove you wrong on those sweets. I bet you are just trying to butter me up to see my drawings." he said with a chuckle. He began his walk into the woods as he headed towards the water. Though once he had made it into the clearing his smile faded instantly. They were at the waterfall he drew but surprisingly on the other side of it.

"Just how far did we walk before realizing we were lost. This is the other side of the waterfall. I know because that rock over there is where I was sitting to draw it. What the hell!!? I don't know what to do now. Crossing the waterfall is out best bet in actually getting home but it the most deadly option we have. One false move and we go down. Any options Paul?" he asked

Paul followed the other male with a smile never disappearing from his face. “You'll regret these words later~ The sweets really are incredible, believe me!“ The black-haired male said and tilted his head once they reached the clearing. He was just about to ask Ethan if this was the right place, when the later started talking himself. Slight worry appeared in Paul's eyes before he let a soft sigh escape his mouth.

“I won't have any problems with getting across. If anything, I'm a good swimmer. If this is the best way, we should do this... If you'd be comfortable with it, I could carry you on my back... You're lighter than I am, so the water would be able to wash you off if you went alone. Ethan, just trust me here, okay? Get onto my back, hold on tight and we'll get across.“ Paul said with a confident look on his face. He was sure he wouldn't drown, nor he would fall. He used to swim oftenly before, now maybe a bit less, but the muscles formed because of this activity were still left and ready for action.

"That water is cold. Just because we are in early summer doesn't change that. We will could get frostbite just after moments of exiting the water. My pack only has food, water and makeshift tent. Unless you have spare clothes or somethin in your bag. It's far too risky to cross." he said looking down. Ethan hated to admit defeat.

He looked at the water and the distance from each side. He even looked at the speed the water was flowing. It was possible to cross but the thought of freezing worried him. His gaze drops upon Paul. "You are more eager to get home than I am. So this is your call Paul. Cross or don't cross?" he said

Paul smiled and nodded. "I happened to have a change of clothes and a towel with me. Getting cold won't be a problem to me... Besides, I really have to get home by today. It's really important..." He said and tilted his head before taking off his backpack and passing it to Ethan. "Come on, hold this, get on my back and let's go."

The black-haired male crouched in front of the other so it would be more comfortable to get on. He waited for Ethan to finally get in place so they could get moving and he would be able to visit the graves of his parents' with his sister. He'd feel really bad if he didn't...

Ethan sighs as he pulled a rope from his bag. He ties it around the two backpacks. He then ties part around Paul's waist and his own waist. "Let's get going. This way we are secure together. Now hurry up because this is odd." he said softly as he got upon the other's back. This was really nerve wrecking for him.

As they approached the water, Ethan gripped the bags tightly with one hand. He really hoped they didn't fall over. He couldn't swim and just the throught of being this close to the water made his nervous. He could feel his heart racing as they began the journey across.

Paul smiled and waited until the other one was comfortable on his back. The ropes were a truly good idea... He tightened the knot around his waist and started walking, holding onto Ethan's legs at first to keep him in place. Soon he reached the water and lightly bit his lip from the wave of coldness that hit him. This wouldn't be as easy as he thought...

Still, it wasn't only his own life here. He was responsible for Ethan as well. He had to make sure both of them make it out alive and in one piece. With this thought Paul found the strength to keep walking, carefully setting his feet down - wouldn't want to slip from some rock, that's for sure. The black-haired male kept on walking, the water now up to his waist.

"From the look of it, this is has high as the water will get for now. Once we're dead center it will get higher but only for that second. Just be careful. We could turn back now you know." he said full nervousness in his tone. He hated this idea more and more. His feet feeling the coldness. It shot right up his legs without warning.

Ethan held the bags and onto Paul hoping this would work. His only concern besides survival was getting far from the water as quickly as possible. His eyes darted across the water. It wasn't a far cross but it was the cold that would make it seem so. He focused on the other side only.

Paul looked at Ethan with slightly worried eyes. "You sound so nervous... Don't worry too much, I'll get us both across safe, okay? I trust in myself, so could you have at least some faith in me as well? I won't let you fall or get hurt in any way, you hear me?" The black-haired male said confidently. There was no way he'd let something bad happen to either of them, that's for sure.

With his strong hands, the taller male grabbed Ethan's legs tighter and kept walking, still going as carefully as before. This may be slow, but it was way safer than running across without thinking. Each movement Paul made was filled with confidence and calmness. He could do it, and he would do it no matter what.

Ethan shook his head a bit. "This is not about you or if we will make it across. I hate being in the water like this. So just stop talking and hurry up. I don't want to be out here longer than necessary." he said a strike of fear building up in his voice. He really did hate the water and this wasn't making him like it any better.

He would have closed his eyes but that would have made things worse for him. He focused on the rock on the other side. He knew if he could touch that rock then this entire event would be over. Ethan told himself that over and over in his head. It was to keep himself from panicking and making them fall over.

Paul blinked a few times and grabbed Ethan tighter. "I can't hurry, you know... I make one wrong move and we both fall down." There he let out a soft sigh and kept on walking, going slowly. "Ethan... Why're you scared of being in the water? Could it be that you can't swim?" The black-haired male asked while keeping his eyes on the shore. They were almost halfway across now.

The taller male could feel that Ethan was nearly panicking. He had to be even more careful so nothing at all would happen. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if something were to happen to Ethan and it would be his fault. Right now he wanted to hurry up, but his brain said otherwise. It was best to take it slow and calm... Right?

Ethan glanced down at Paul. "I can't swim and there is another reason I hate water. Until we are out of it I don't want to think of anything but that rock over there. I don't want to panic more than I already am." he said looking back at the rock. He had to calm down or it would make Paul nervous. he knew that and yet he couldn't find anything to ease him.

"Tell me about your sister Paul. I need something to get my mind clear." he said determined to get out of this situation one way or another. He could see the safety of the dirt within reach but he wasn't sure just how close it was. It seemed close yet could be so far away. That scared him even more.

Paul could only nod and keep on walking. Just as Ethan said, the water rised up a little more, now nearly reaching his chest. The cold water was not a pleasurable feeling, that's for sure. He could feel his breathing getting a bit heavier as the tall male kept walking, lightly biting down on his lip.

"My sister?" A slight smile appeared on Paul's face as he kept up the steady pace of walking. "She's really nice, actually. Her name's Lily... She has this adorable smile on her face, and honestly, I'm surprised she hasn't found a boyfriend yet. She also helps me out at the cafe sometimes, usually on summer. She enjoys cooking, and her steamed vegetables are the best! I wasn't a fan of them until one time she just went and did some... Now I can't refuse~" The tall male chuckled softly and sighed in relief as they passed through the deepest part. Even so, the walk wasn't over yet.

"I see, you and your parents must be proud of her. I wish for a sibling like that. It makes me a bit jealous of you." he said with a soft sigh. He noticed the water got deeper as his pants get more soaked. He took a deep breath as this was not fun at all for him. He glanced up at the sky. "Is it suppose to rain today?" he asked noticing some clouds moving in. "Please do hurry if possible. Rain and a waterfall don't mix well. At least making it across before it downpours would be best." he said softly.

He didn't wish to pressure Paul but knowing how quickly the pace of the water will pick up at the sign of rain was dangerous for them both. He kept his eyes on the sky now making sure it didn't start raining yet. His worse nightmare right in front of him and all he could think of was if Paul was going to be okay.

Paul's breathing hitched at the mention of his parents. He wouldn't say anything, just lowered his head and kept walking. He shouldn't get Ethan worried or anything... But after the nightmare, he seemed to be way more touchy about this topic than before. He thought that if Ethan would mention it even just one more time, he couldn't take it.

The question coming from the other woke him up from the thoughts. "Rain? I'm not sure... I think so?" The black-haired male said, his voice slightly cracking at the end of the sentence. Shit, he had to get a grip! The taller male cleared his throat and let out a slightly shaky sigh. He increased the pace of his steps just a little, still being careful not to slip anywhere. Well, the shoes would have to go to trash after this... Walk.

Ethan noticed that Paul had gotten very silent on him. He was worried the other might not be focused due to the coldness of the water. He was going to panic but then the male spoke to him. "I'll keep an eye on the sky. You get us across." he said not taking his eyes off the sky at all. He was not about to get washed away.

As the sky darkened, Ethan's fears only grew. "Are we any closer to safety? I don't want to look away from the sky so you'll have to tell me." he said trying not to sound nervous. It was helping to not think about the water but it wasn't easy. Ethan was thinking on the cafe and the sweets he'd soon get to try.

"Relax, Ethan, we'll be fine. I promise, I'll get you across safely, okay?" Paul spoke in a calm voice. He got used to faking a voice like this throughout the years. Very few people would actually understand it was fake - one person he could never trick was his sister. "We're almost here, just a little more..." The black-haired male muttered out quietly.

Just a little bit more and they'd reach the shore. The taller male kept on walking with the same confident steps, not slowing down, nor speeding up. One step, two steps, three steps... Paul focused on this as he walked until he was just a few metres away from the shore. The last part was the easiest one. The male walked over to the shore and let out a soft sigh as he got out of the water, the cold wind immediately making him shiver. "See, told you I'd get you to shore safely~"

Ethan felt a small drop of water hit his face. That was enough to have him tense up on Paul. He didn't even realize they were out of the water for a good twenty seconds. When he did his gaze drifts over to Paul. "You should get out of those clothes. You need to warm up." he said looking around the place. He knew the rain was coming and they needed somewhere to get warm.

He tried to remember exactly everything he saw on his way here and something sparked in his head. "If we stay out here we will just get soaked again. I know a spot we can stay dry and get warm. If you need help getting there this time I'll carry you." he said looking at Paul. He unties the rope and begins to roll it up.

Paul nodded slightly and watched as Ethan got off him. He really was starting to feel cold, each second it seemed to increase even more. The taller male let out a smile as the other offered to carry him. "There won't be a need for that~ I'll be able to walk by myself, just lead the way." The smile was fake as well. Paul got used to faking his expressions at times like this. It always happened...

As the taller male watched Ethan roll up the ropes, he grabbed his bag and opened it, looking for a kind of a good-luck talisman. It wasn't anything big - just a simple medalion. The important thing about it was the picture of his parents, himself and his sister. If Paul had the medalion with him, he felt safer, for some reason. The male simply put it on, slipping it underneath his shirt.

Ethan put his bag on his back and began leading the way. It wasn't that far from where they just were. It was a tree where the bottom of his looked uprooted. It was highly a perfect place to avoid the rain. "You get in there and start changing. I'll find some leaves and branches to start a small camp fire. This way we can get warm faster until the rain subsides." he said walking around the tree. He placed his bag inside the tree so he could move quickly.

[the tree:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Once he had enough dry leaves and sticks he went back to the tree. Ethan opens his bag and gets out the tarp he had for his tent. "Cover in this to get warmer. I'll start the fire." he said placing the leaves and sticks neatly in a mini-campfire style. He put some rocks around it and pulled a flint from his bag. It wasn't long before he had the small fire going.

Paul smiled and nodded. "Thanks, Ethan." He looked at the other male walking out before he quickly changed his pants into a pair of warm ones he took in case something happened. He had just taken off his shirt as Ethan came back. The black-haired male searched for the extra shirt he put in, soon taking it out.

His upper body was well-built, at least. The abs were visible pretty well, since the male really did enjoy an occasional visit at the gym. His arms were muscular as well. The tall male put on his shirt and grabbed out a sweater. He had no idea how he managed to make everything fit into the backpack, but it did... The azure-eyed male ran a hand through his hair and sat down on the ground, the medalion shining in the light of the fire. He looked up at Ethan with a soft smile on his face. Gladly he took the tarp and tossed it around himself. "You wanna come over here? It's big enough for us both and I'm sure you're cold as well~" He smiled and patted the ground beside him as an invitation.

Ethan was finally able to ease his mind now. He was out of the water despite his legs being cold. That was all that he needed to know. He glanced over at Paul as the other was putting on his shirt. "So you are better now? That's good to know." he mutters before hearing the other's offer. "No I am fine. You were more immersed in the water than I was. You need it more than me." he said leaning against part of the tree.

He could still be as cold as ever. He hated getting close to others. It never went well for him. "Lets get some rest while we are here. We can start up again in an hour. The rain should be over by then." he said looking at his watch. It was only noon so the day wasn't over yet. Ethan set a timer on it and closed his eyes. The rain started down just as he fully closed his eyes

"Ethan, come oon..." The taller male groaned out as he watched the other lean back against the tree. "Just come here, it'll be warmer if we're together. Besides, it's not like you stayed completely dry..." Paul sighed and stood up, walking closer to Ethan. Once he was next to him, the taller male tossed the tarp on them both and sat close to the other.

"It's like you're scared I might do something, really.." Paul muttered out and leaned back, closing his eyes. He knew Ethan was cold as well, and he couldn't stand it if he knew something was better for him than for the others. "If you try to get away, I'll catch you and bring you back by force~" He promised before closing his eyes. He meant it and he would do it if the smaller one tried to get away.