•The•Two•Kingdoms

Teesie

The naturally red head glanced to the other with emerald green eyes and threw a throwing knife at the enemy knight that had stabbed his ally, the material piercing through the other's skull and into his brain. That would wipe the smirk of the black haired male's face. The batefield would belong to the Zelphia Kingdom as more knights arrived from the village they had been resting at. It was all going according to plan.

"You've been in a war before?" He asked surprised, signaling his troops to start firing arrows. "What kingdom was it that you all were trying to take over?" Strauss asked curiously, flexing his fingers.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Teesie

Oddly enough the younger prince seemed unaffected by witnessing an ally's death, which most likely pertained to his darker sense of humor and the fact that his secretly planned strategy would not go awry simply because of one man's death. "We were not attempting to take over a country," he said flatly, his blue gaze turning to the green eyes of the other. "We were defending ourselves. You see, we have no need to expand."

He pulled his cloak tighter around himself, shivering despite the heat from the summer sun. His thin, underweight body was easily chilled, which was why he hated winter with a passion, as he was always ill. "It was when I was very young, but I saw enough to understand what war is." His pale face lacked emotion; he was hard to read unless you could look directly into his eyes.

Strauss turned to regard the dark haired teen. So the it seems that the Verrandes kingdom was defending themselves; but that wasn't what caught his attention. What caught the naturally red head's attention was the statement afterward. Raven had just said that his kingdom didn't need a reason to expand, so to be said plainly...the kingdom had no complaints. Something was out of place here, but the kid was not all that trustworthy so could the dyed haired teen believe all of what he would say; albeit it a caught the older teen's attention.

"No need for expansion? Then....why is this war taking place? My father informed that you all are trying to take over the dynasty as well as our lands. This is the reason we have to cease the Verrandes people." Strauss said to the other with a slight frown.

Raven gave the older male a cold smile that lacked humor. His icy blue eyes were dark as he said, "Then perhaps your father is not telling the truth." He broke eye contact afterwards and looked back out across the battlefield, scrunching up his nose as a rather cool breeze blew past them. Why is our kingdom not in a warmer climate? he thought dejectedly; he hoped that he was not getting sick, as his recent injuries would cause his body to be weaker than usual. "Expansion only leads to war, and war is for the most part unnecessary, especially for something as trivial as more land. My kingdom has all that it needs at the moment; only if were were lacking resources would be even attempt to expand."

The black-haired prince turned his head to look curiously at Strauss. "So tell me, prince, why is it that you are fighting this war? Hmm? I have just told you that we were not trying to expand. So what is the real reason?"

Strauss narrowed his eyes at the smaller male and stared to the other before speaking. "No, possible your kingdom is lying to you. Verrandes are who attacked first, or at least said they would. We haven't even had the proper materials to defend ourselves, though due to you all giving stupid threats, I'm out here testing out my sword skills. I just wanted to see how war was, it's actually my first one. On the other hand, staying trapped in the castle all day with an arranged marriage is a bit stressful."

The naturally red head male couldn't believe that the other was so easy to talk to, even though he could piss him off a little. Placing a lot of honest information into the smaller male could be a mistake, though there was something about Raven that made him seem trustworthy.

For the first time Raven gave a real smile, albeit a small one, and it faded quickly. "I have been doing intelligence work since I was fourteen. I know what my kingdom plans. The king would do nothing without my consent first." Once again he referred to Alistair as 'the king' instead of 'father'. "And luckily for me, since I am the youngest, I have no need to be married." No woman would want to marry me anyway, what with my questionable heritage and...disposition.

The blue-eyed young man studied Strauss skeptically. "So, is the war what you expected it to be?" he asked, only partially smug-sounding, as he knew that the first time seeing battle was harsh; his tone was almost gentle.

Strauss glanced over to the other and gave a small shake of the head. "Well, I always knew that war was a bit harsh, but I didn't know that it could be so gruesome. Seeing one die in person is worse that even thinking of one dying. It defiantly a new experience for me. I'll get use to the concept I guess." Looking to the smaller of the two with a small smile.

"I guess that why you are so emotionless, huh? Plus...are you being serious or just flattering yourself? The king comes to you for advice...no better yet...he comes to you just to get permission to do something? Wow...that really something." The naturally red head voiced with a smile.

Raven's icy eyes narrowed at his assumption and once again he bristled, his small body tensing. "I am not emotionless," he said calmly, pressing down his anger and storing it away inside to be dealt with later...or never. "I simply do not express emotion unless needed. Smiling or frowning at the wrong time can cause problems. The same goes for speaking." He turned away from the older prince and looked up at the sky.

"I am also being completely serious, and I am not one to flatter myself. The reason for this is simply because my family is stupid and impulsive and most of them would already be dead unless I helped plan strategies." There was no pride in his voice, not even contempt; it was just a hint of lingering sadness.

The naturally red head prince turned to look at the other, his green emerald eyes staring to the dark haired male with admiration. Even though the teen had given his men a tough time, he could tell that Raven had problems of his own. "Then why are we having this war? It must have been from you. All your strategies are unruly and horrid. Maybe your father should have taught you better than to be such...a sneaky person.. The victory are within those of real tactics, like me." He informed, giving the other a stern glare.

Even though Raven denied being emotionless, and the statement the teen had given afterwards, the young heir to Zelphia thought differently. The dark haired teen sure had a way to view things; in Strauss opinion it was all so strange.

Raven shrugged, refusing now to look at the other male in his eyes. "I plan my attacks the way I do because they work. Honor has nothing to do with war. Even if the way you fight is unfair, if you win, you win." He reached up and brushed the hair from his eyes, which were narrowed against the sunlight. "My father argues with tradition. Traditions change as the people change." He was not exactly sure why he was explaining all of this to a man he barely knew, but then again he saw no harm in saying what he thought.

"If being sneaky or unruly will help us to succeed, then I will make it so. If I have to lie to convince my family of what is right, then I will. Honor can have many different meanings." His voice was as icy as his eyes.

The last statement really pissed the naturally red head male off. The older teen took his hands and struck the black haired enemy across the face. The boy couldn't hold himself back, it just had to be done. The statement had made the older prince lose his temper, but afterward he regretted hitting the other. Staring to the small, petit sire; Strauss stared to the other with a open mouth.

"I...I didn't mean to hit you. It's...just the way that you phrased your sentence. Do you not care about killing others over something so useless. I don't mind killing one, but only when necessary. Peoples lives aren't a game to play with Raven. You should really settle down and think about this. Instead of raging the war...we should be stopping it."

Raven had a small hand pressed against his cheek, the pale skin slowly turning a dark pinkish-red color. He took a deep, quiet breath before saying, "I think you misunderstood me. I do not advocate war. My strategies are only called upon to be used when the situation is dire or out of control. They are a last resort, so to say." He turned around to face Strauss, his blue eyes not as icy now, more of a deep ocean-blue color, and were slightly moist. "I myself have never killed another human..."

He trailed off, blinking a few times as his vision became unfocused. The blow to the face had not been hard, but his previous injury to his head had not yet healed, and the tiny jostle brought on the effects of the concussion. He swayed slightly on his feet, moving his hand from his cheek to his temple in an attempt to steady himself. His eyes were hazy, and a dull throbbing sensation appeared in the back of his head. Oh, lovely...

The swaying on the small petit male's body did not seem to be very helpful to Strauss's frustration. The elder prince began to worry, he shouldn't have struck the other. The side to side motion was soon ceased as the natural red head placed his hands onto the younger teen's waist. Still, it did not help the situation from what it was. Raven was having problems with his consciousness and just holding him still wouldn't help, right?

"Please do forgive me. I didn't mean to bring upon any concussion you could have gotten due to injuring your head" The heir to the Zelphia Kingdom said, hoisting the smaller boy into his arms. Raven needed a place to rest his head, and there was a camp not too far away. "I'll take you somewhere to rest." He informed, ignoring all of what the other said. Using the tactics only for dire need was all insane. His men hadn't done anything but pose a threat...Strauss guessed that, that was dire enough.

Under normal circumstances the black-haired prince would have been protesting the treatment viciously as well as struggling to break free of the hold, as he hated it when he was touched. However, the colors and shapes in front of his eyes were merging together and his thoughts were becoming fuzzy. He once again attempted to blink away the dizziness, and he let out a soft yelp when he was lifted into the other's arms.

"I'm...fine," he murmured, his voice trembling slightly. "I just...fell off my horse...earlier..." His blue eyes slipped shut, as keeping them open was making his head hurt even more; he went limp in Strauss' arms, letting himself be carried, his head resting lightly on the other's shoulder; he weighed very little, and it was obvious that he didn't eat much.

The elder prince rushed the other to the tent intending on resting the other against a cool mat. The weather was a bit chilly and the skinny black haired teen needed some warmth. Strauss placed a thin layer of materials over the body of the younger enemy. Raven looked so fragile and easy to break. Strauss didn't like that small fact very much. He would have the youngest to eat at least a fruit when he gained consciousness.

The green orbs traveled over the smaller's body, the now black haired teen was giving the other all his attention. He shouldn't be worried about another who had caused his men distress....at least not as much as he was. If anything, at a time like this, the heir to the Zelphia Kingdom should be killing the other. Taking advantage of the black darkness Raven was surrounded in, but he refused to so do. Killing the enemy royalty wasn't what he wanted.

At this point Raven was only semi-conscious, his breathing gentle and his heartbeat slow. His head was tilted slightly as he laid on the mat, his jet black hair sweeping across his forehead and covering his right closed eye. He could still hear the various sounds around his being, but they were distorted and distant, seeming to echo around him. He was unable to process a clear thought; many different memories and ideas were all jumbled up in his mind at once, slipping away before he could grasp them.

It was often wondered why Raven looked so different from his family. The only thing he had in common with them were his blue eyes, though even they were a slightly off shade of blue. The rumors about the youngest prince's real mother had spared throughout the Verrandes kingdom, even into other kingdoms via merchants and traders. If Strauss had not heard of it, he would soon, as the rumors would spread again through the war. It was said that Raven's mother was a servant woman who had come from another land, much farther away than Verrandes or Zelphia. If this was true, though it could not be proved, then Raven would be only a half-prince; perhaps not even entitled to royalty.

Strauss sweep his fingers across the other's forehead, intending to move the hair from sticking onto the surfaced flesh. After the jet black strands were removed, the eldest prince stared to the unconscious face of Raven's. The petit being sure was a beauty in the green, emerald eyes. The naturally red head prince thought that the smaller male could have been an angel that fell into the middle of a heated, sinful world.

-- Oh gods, that was so cheesy. I can't believe that I would even think such a thing as that.. What a joke. He said to himself, chuckling slightly to his statement. What the Zelphia sire didn't realize soon enough was that he had leaned in and placed a kiss against the other's plump, but small lips. After realizing what he had just done, Strauss jumped away to stare to the unconscious boy with wide eyes.

Raven's eyes fluttered slightly when the older prince placed his lips upon his own, his facial expression becoming a small half-frown, not quite sure what the thing that touched him was. He shifted his position on the thin mat, his right knee bending and his right arm coming up to cover his eyes. He let out a tiny, quiet sigh, his body relaxed and grateful for the warmth it had been given. He was vaguely aware of someone moving nearby, but he felt too tired to bother opening his eyes.

Suddenly, the blue-eyed male's nose twitched and he sneezed; it was a soft, almost cat-like sneeze, one that was almost able to be called cute. This brought some more awareness back into his mind and he gently rubbed at his nose with his sleeve, his eyes opening half-way. Everything was still blurry, however.

The eldest prince just stared to nothing in particular, hoping that Raven didn't find out about the mistake he had just did. If the younger, dark haired male was to know what he just committed, Strauss would possible earn himself a well deserved slap across the cheek. The naturally red head male wouldn't do anything to the other, the green eyes would just stare.

Pursing his lips, the eldest teen smiled slightly, giving the younger a rub across the forehead. It would be a good sign that Raven's forehead wasn't warm. Having a fever would be terrible at a time like this.

Raven's frown deepened and he swatted the hand away from his head weakly, barely even touching the other. He attempted to sit up, the room spinning as soon as he was upright, but he simply closed his eyes and willed away the nausea. After a moment of focusing on breathing through his nose, he opened his eyes and managed to look directly at Strauss, his expression confused for a moment. Where am...?

His eyes widened slightly as he glanced around the room, not recognizing where he was. He knew that he was still with the other prince--that did not bother him--but he was very upset to find that he had been moved without knowing, which meant he had been carried. He felt his heart constrict in his chest, and his calm facade fell; he looked frightened. He must have touched me... The thought sent shivers down his body, and he shrank away from the red-head unconsciously.

The smaller male looked to be frightened. The black haired, elder prince didn't mean to have the other be scared of him. Reaching a hand forward, Strauss placed it on the others hand, which clutched at the small comforting material that Strauss had placed over Raven.

"Are you ok? Did I frighten you in some way. I didn't do anything to you if that is what your thinking. I promise the broader of the two told the other, refusing to mention the small kiss he had unconsciously given to the fourth prince of Verrandes.

Raven stared at him blankly, his blue eyes still uneasy even through he had calmed after hearing the other speak. He was no longer afraid, but quite wary, his body tingling as if he was still being held. He flinched when the hand was placed on his own, and he quickly pulled away, pressing his arms to his chest and swallowing, trying to clear his throat. He was shivering a bit, not visibly, but could be felt if one was close enough to him.

"N-no..." His steady, confident voice had changed to one that was timid and shaky. "I just...don't like...to be touched..." The young prince always had a blank, calm expression on his face when around others; he acted aloof, using his intelligence to seem untouchable, never vulnerable. But in reality his mental state was fragile, like his body, and now he was showing the side of himself that was shy and anxious.

The naturally red head prince stared to Raven as he looked blank and emotionless as he explained not liking another touching him. Though, on closer inspection the Zelphia sire could see that the other was a bit anxious and nervous. Strauss would try his best to do nothing to harm the emo-like boy, but he was surely going to tease him though. This particular action was not very harmful to Raven, therefore he was just going to see what the other would do once he performed it.

Slowly crawling to the other, mostly just shuffling his knees forward, the dark haired prince stared into the beautiful blue orbs of the enemy royalty. The taller, and much broader teen smiled to Raven and decided to commit a crime in which could get him slapped. Not that the black haired Zelphia prince would retaliate, he just was teasing. Quickly the older male leaned forward to capture the small, plum pinkish lips of the smaller teen..

The younger prince's blue eyes widened to twice their original size, and his body stiffened, his breath catching in his throat. Saying he was in shock was putting it lightly. It took his normally quick brain several moments to process what was happening, and as soon as it had, he pulled his head back as fast as he could, using his hands to push his small body backwards on the mattress. The trembling he had experienced before was now extremely obvious, rather violent shaking, and the beginnings of tears had begun to develop in his eyes.

Raven's reaction may have seemed extreme to most other people, but in reality it made perfect sense. There was both a physical and mental predicament that made this interaction so important. First of all, Raven was hyper-sensitive, meaning that any kind of close-contact had to be regulated or planned before being initiated, as sudden touches could cause his body to have a relapse; he was paranoid when it came to touch and often felt 'ghost-touches', such as a hand on his back or head, when the person with him was actually several feet away. This was combined with the fact that Raven had never, not once in his life, been intimately touched; of course he knew what kisses, hugs, and pats on the back meant, but he didn't understand them. In truth he was afraid of being touched, as he was vulnerable then, both physically and mentally. In order for him to allow someone to touch him, there has to be a great amount of trust; if there is no trust, then Raven will be hurt, and he will completely close himself off to the other person, as if he were betrayed. This is what was happening now.

{By the way, the hyper-sensitive thing is real, I actually have a moderate case of it ^^' Raven's is severe, though}

The naturally red head stared to the other with a shocked expression as he also quickly backed away. Ok, so he did not expect the other to do something as strange as beginning to violently shake over a small kiss. Strauss knew nothing of the disorder, defect or whatever you would call that the other had. The broader male did not want the small, petit teen to have a panic attack and damage himself over some stupid actions that he ha just pulled. There had to be some way to calm the black haired enemy down.

"Umm I apologize. I did not mean to make you frighten, scared, anxious or whatever your feeling. That was not my intentions and I apologize dearly so please forgive me. I won't tease you anymore I promise to never place my hands on you without your permission again." He vowed, holding up his hands in a surrendering gesture, so the blue eyed male could see that he was not planning on touching him again.

Oh, how weird. I'd be so scared to touch you still.