•The•Two•Kingdoms

Teesie

Raven slowed the horse to a walk and looked down at Strauss with his head tilted slightly to the left, black hair falling gently over one icy blue eye. "I am not wearing a crest," he said in his usual calm tone, gesturing to his outfit and his horse; his cloak was missing its clasp and was tied with a string, and his horse's harness was missing the silver emblem as well. "I am not stupid, Strauss." The first time Raven had ever said his first name. "I removed them back at the tavern." However, this time there was no smirk; just a blank expression that was completely neutral.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Teesie

Strauss stared to the smaller male, giving a embarrassed smile. "I apologizd. I am not trying to make it seem as if you lack intelligence. I know that you are smart...I'm just being cautious." Watching the other's indifferent expression. With a reaching hand, the elder prince began to speak once again.

"Could you still join me? I would be honored." Voice lowered with a hint of nervousness. The Zelphia prince did not let the announcement of his name go unnoticed. He had heard it, but decided not to comment about such things. There was no estimation on how Raven would react. The last thing the natural red head wanted was to upset the other.

Raven raised an eyebrow. "Join you? We are traveling together and I do not know my way around your kingdom. I have no choice but to go with you." He said this matter-of-factly, but there was much less of the usual spite in his voice. He was no longer trying to get on the other prince's nerves. He was trying his hardest to lower his defenses and act like himself.

Strauss shook his head as he let out a laugh. "Raven, I mean to get off your horse and walk with me. Come, get off." Giving a genuine smile as he ran his fingers through his darkened hair. "Don't worry about me using you as a human shield." A laugh interrupting his speaking before he continued. "My father is going to kill me, but he'll probably be lenient if he saw such a beauty on my arms." Brow raising as he awaited the other's response.

Raven's blue eyes widened slightly, and he huffed, turning his head away before Strauss could see how his pale face had flushed slightly. "Do not tease me," he muttered, swinging his leg over the right side of his horse and carefully dismounting, dropping to the ground and landing perfectly. "Friends are not supposed to do that to each other. Is that correct?" He knew nothing about friendly teasing. His horse snorted and nuzzled his neck; he stroke her nose gently in response.

Strauss took a step forward, arms lightly wrapping around Raven's waist before he just as quickly released the embrace. The naturally red head prince was sure that the other wouldn't like such affectionate touches. "Nah, it's completely normal. Teasing is something that friends do; although you do so in a very nice way. One that won't seriously hurt your friend or make them feel too disheartened. Umm, but that there wasn't a tease." A laugh being given as he took yet another step. "I'm completely serious when it comes to you Raven.. You really are beauiful." Stopping as he looked to the other. Strauss would wait until Raven began to walk with him. At this point, Edmund had vanished from the Zelphia prince's mind

Raven's blue eyes widened when the red-head's hand touched his waist, and in order to keep himself from blushing, he sent another glare Strauss' way and made sure to put some distance between them when the older man released his hold. "Saying things such as that with no thought can get you in trouble," he muttered, but filed away the information on friendly teasing for later use. Behind them, Edmund coughed awkwardly; the youngest prince took that as a cue to start walking, holding his horse's reins in his left hand.

Strauss smiled lightly, walking along with the dark haired teen. Of course he didn't care about the distance that was between them, it was better that way anyhow. With such a beauty beside him, the red head was sure that he couldn't restrain himself from molesting Raven before making it into the privacy of the kingdom's wall.

"Well, what do you think of my kingdom Raven? The garden is quite beautiful right?" Giving a wide smile as he held up a hand to his knights who was aiming arrows for any threat.

"Sir Strauss, is that you?"

"It is knight. Hold your fire so that we can make our way into the castle." Still waiting for the response of his companion

The black-haired prince had his gaze focused on the ground, so when Strauss made his comment, the youngest member of the group lifted his head and looked at the garden. He tilted his head slightly as he considered the view. "It is much better than ours," he said simply. Though Raven didn't leave the castle that often, he had an excellent view from his bedroom window.

Strauss gave a weak smile, sliding himself closer to the other male. "What is the matter? Are you ok? You seem like your upset or unhappy." Concern showing in his eyes, raising a brow to the smaller teen. Raven was such a beauty to the natural red head male, albeit he knew that the dark haired boy would be so much more beautiful if he smiled. That was a sight that the older prince had yet seen.

His response was quick and curt, "I dislike the word 'happy' because of how ambiguous it is. To use a better word to describe myself at the moment, I would say that I am...fine." He kept his tone of voice passive, not wanting to start an argument, and once again there was a lack of malice. It seemed as through the youngest princes had mellowed out slightly; even though he was not quite relaxed, he was not as stiff as he had been at the beginning of the trip.

Strauss only stared for a moment, giving a small smile before deciding to leave the other to his own thoughts, for the moment. After a while, the three prince were walking along the path of the garden and to the door of the castle. With an inhale, the red head reached for the door to open it. This wouldn't go by so well, but the Zelphia prince knew he could handle it.

Inside the castle, Strauss glanced around for his parents. "This won't be a pleasant meeting so I hope you two are prepared. We need to inform my father of a third party in which started this war. It won't be easy to convince him, but I'm sure that Raven can break through anyone's mind. Even if it's as narrow as my father's."

Padding to the throne room, Strauss bowed before his parents. "Father, mother....I know that you are upset with me, but I left out of my own selfishness. Upon that...I discovered something that you wouldn't believe. The-"

"Shut your mouth Strauss. How dare you disobey me and place yourself in death's hands." The king interrupted, "Stand and leave my sight."

"But father I have something that you need to know." Now standing before his father. "I've brought princes from the enemy turf. Its not as bad as it seems. You have to listen."

As soon as Raven set foot in the throne room, his old disposition had returned instantly. His expression became guarded, blue eyes icy and cold. His emotions withdrew from the surface and were once again buried under logic, reason, and seriousness. He stared at the king blankly, not quite defiant but not passive either. Behind him, Edward moved forward with his mouth open as if to introduce them. The youngest prince held out his arm to stop him. The black-haired young man stepped in front of Strauss and bowed stiffly. "I am Raven Verrand," he said, his monotone voice back in place. "My brother and I have news concerning the true origins of this war our two kingdoms are currently engaged in."

The king of Zelphia stared to the enemy princes that was before him. It seemed that the two knew their place and was quite respectful; albeit he wouldn't trust them too much. Doing such an action could leave him wide open for an attack; one that even his son was unaware of. With a clearing of his throat, the elderly man sat upon his throne.

"Do explain the issue that you and my son has seem to notice. This had better be worth my time or I will be highly upset." Crossing his arms across his chest with a raised brow. He was an impatient man and was dying to know what was so important that his son had to bring two enemy princd to the castle.

Raven straightened and put both arms behind his back, hands clasped; it was how one speaking to royalty was supposed to stand in his kingdom. "Of course, your highness." His response was quick, perfectly executed, and gave no sign of the bitter contempt he already felt for this man, even after being in his presence for mere moments. Edmund had fallen silent and gave Strauss a look that was somewhat sheepish. 'He's always like this,' he blonde mouthed silently to the red-head. Raven caught this exchange out of the corner of his eye. "Perhaps it would be best if we discussed this issue in private," he said calmly, though obviously mentioning this because of the other princes, whom he was sure would get in his way. "With your guards present, of course. If this arrangement suits his Majesty."

Strauss gave a smile to Edmund, smiling slightly with a sheepish look. He was embarrassed of his father's ways. The man was more than enough at some points. Now maybe Raven and Edmund could understand of his care-free nature. With the king being so strict and adamant, he needed an attitude of the sorts, or else he was sure he would have gone crazy.

Giving a stern stare to the small, dark haired teen, Strauss' father gave a nod, beckoning one guard to follow him.

"If that is what you please, then let us speak in a different room." Giving the naturally red head prince a knowing look before disappearing from the throne room.

Raven turned on his heel and followed the king without sparing his brother or travel companion a glance; he was in a diplomatic mindset and did not want to be put off by having to look at them. Idiots, he thought with a mental grimace, his black cloak fluttering behind him as he walked. He moved with purpose, and he did not seem at all nervous or self-conscious. He was confident; this was his element. Once he had exited the room, Edmund let out a sigh before turning to Strauss. "You know, your father is kind of like mine."