•The•Two•Kingdoms

Teesie

The prince shrugged, once again clueless about the repetitive question. "It's not easy for me to just explain my feeling either. I know that it hasn't been a day that the two of us has known one another. I guess....I guess that it's just love at first sight. Your intriguing, interesting. I have a feeling of wanting to take care of you. To make you feel like you are worth something to someone." The red head spoke, hands going to comb through his dyed fringes.

"We can't expect for a book to tell us everything about life. I can help you figure out what you need to know though. I'm willing to help you out in either way needed." Half smiling as he took the other's reaction into consideration. The elderly man just wanted Raven to be able to accept his feelings as he would return the favor. Whether the other felt hatred, or anything of the sort, then the Zelphia prince would lend a helping hand.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Teesie

Raven closed his eyes again, hesitating as he tried to think of a response. What could he say? He barely knew this man...and yet here he was, feeling as though he should be confessing to him. Feeling as though he could trust him. And he did not know why. 'Love a first sight'...was it possible? "I...I do not know if I love you..." he began, his voice as soft as always, "but...I think we could...possibly...be friends..." He wanted to laugh at how stupid he sounded at that moment. But there was no laughter left in him. "I have never had friends before...so I will most likely be a bad one..." He felt the urge to apologize but refrained from doing so. The black-haired man lifted his head and looked directly at Strauss with his blue eyes, no longer icy, but ocean-blue.

Strauss glanced to the other for a moment, turning away to once again steer his eyes to the table in thought. The red head wondered how long Raven had felt this way. There had to be some point in time that the smaller male had an enjoyable moment. Possibly as a child. "Mm, it's quite fine. I don't care how much of a friend you are to me. As long as you let me stay close to you I don't mind." The elder teen voiced, emerald green orbs now set on the smaller male.

Raven stared at him in disbelief. "So...even if I said I hated you, you would still want to be near me?" That made absolutely no sense. If someone had told him that they hated him, he would want to get as far away from them as possible. Was that what love was like? Caring for someone else so much that you would stay with them even if they didn't want you to? It was a foreign idea, and never in his life had he expected to experience anything remotely similar. Of course, he had no idea of hos his brothers felt about him...but he did know how his parents felt, and he was sure that it was nothing close to love. His lips twitched, but he kept himself from smiling, not wanting to appear any more vulnerable than he already was.

The naturally red head prince nodded at the question, sighing slightly. It made the older man quite sorrowful with how 'brand-new' this felt to the dark haired teen. To have no one love him, or to never know how it feels to love was certaintly sad. Strauss didn't like to see he one he cares so much about in such a state. Although, most was probably the other's fault. The teen prince was loved, although he couldn't see it. Raven had difficulties with trusting other, with showing emotions and taking a chance. If he was to stay like that for the rest of his life, then there wouldn't be much of a change.

"Yes, even if you claimed that you hated me....I'd still be beside you. I would want to make sure that you feel ok. That you are taking care of yourself properly-and I know your not a child." The prince added quickly, knowing that the dark haired teen had such a come-back. "I just want to make sure. I'd like to attend to your every need Raven, but I can't unless you let me. I know this will be new to you, albeit you will never know if you despise it or not; unless you let your guard down. Unless you let me try." Strauss vocalized, voice low so that no one could hear his word except the other royal male. Who know what would happen if the villagers knew of the love that one prince shared for another.

The younger man was totally dumbfounded by this new development. It sounded too good to be true. Was he willing to let his guard down? Was he willing, or even capable, of allowing this other man into his own self? Was he brave enough, strong enough to trust someone? If he let Strauss in, there was the chance that he would be hurt beyond repair. But there was also the chance that his life would be much better. He wanted so badly to have someone he could depend on, no matter how independent he considered himself to be. The idea was terrifying, though. Once the red-head was inside, there was no way to control what might happen. It was, to Raven, a huge risk. He found himself unable to think of a response. So instead, he reached into his pocket and took out the piece of paper. He stared at it for a moment, trying to prepare himself for what he was about to do, before unfolding the paper and laying it in front of the other prince.

Strauss glanced cautiously at the other once the smaller teen reached into his pocket. Surprisement slithered through his body once he saw the paper, that he once had in his possession, sat so hesitantly in front of him. Emerald green orbs darted up to the dark haired prince's face, wondering was this his imagination or was it real. The elder male would not just read it unless he knew the other was completely and utterly comfortable with his decision.

"Are you sure that you are willing to give in Raven? I don't want to pressure you into doing anything just to end this war. I'll respect your decision either way, even though rejection might hurt." Voice lowering at the ending of his statement. Strauss could feel hope fluttering around in his stomach as he pushed the paper back to Raven. "If you are so sure......read it to me. Softly." The Zelphia prince spoke, leaning his body closer to the other's.

Raven kept his eyes averted from the others'. Is this really giving in? He shook his head, knowing that despite his doubts and fear, that he was not giving in. He was doing just the opposite. Learning about and experiencing emotions correctly would make him stronger. "No. You could not make me do anything that I did not want to." Now he looked at the older man, his eyes not icy nor dark blue, but electric with determination. He was going to take a chance. He was going to try his best. And if it ended badly...no, he couldn't think like that. He would cross that bridge when he got there. "But know that this is not a confession of love. It is...a declaration of friendship." He smoothed out the paper with pale fingers, staring at it almost reverently. A small smile ghosted across his lips. "You may read it."

Forever waiting for disaster,

What David calls servant and master,

Will you play it too?

As this displacement begs for water,

Swimming, bathing,

Drowning in sorrow.

Scream with me.

I crawl across this cracked expansion,

I'll be buried soon.

Beneath the sand with pure intentions,

Wanting something, someone to follow.

For a change, I'll refrain,

From hiding all of me from you.

(Here's my lullaby)

Pray for rain, lose your name,

And watch all your dreams fall through.

(Hush now, don't you cry)

I swoon upon my knees come crashing,

Will you bury me?

Today, this small favor I'm asking

Hold me, you may drop me tomorrow

(Here's my lullaby)

Pray for rain, lose your name.

(Hush now)

Pray for rain, lose your name.

Here's my lullaby.

Hush now don't you cry.

Calm down.

Come down cold resides with me.

With me.

I flee to, I flee to Decemberunderground.

As you exhale, I breathe in and sink into,

The water underground,

And I grow pale without you.

{This song is "The Interview" by AFI. You can listen to it on YouTube if you'd like.}

Strauss glanced to the smaller prince, smiling lightly. The lyrics to the other's song was beautiful, although it held much darker feelings. The red head male couldn't lie and say that he understood where the other was going with this; let alone know what the dark haired prince was talking of. Although with the piece of paper being so dear to the one he was in love with was meaning enough. The elder male was astonished and flattered that he was shared this small but of insight when Raven never shared it with anyone else.

Glancing away from the blue eyes male, green orbs settled on the table between them. "Well, I don't know exactly what to say to that. I feel terrible because I don't want you to think that this was a waste of time. That it was a mistake to tell me when I have no response to it. I want you to know that I feel more than honored to have an insight to your emotions; although I can't say that I do understand it all. I do appreciate your efforts to befriend me." Strauss voiced, emerald eyes once again glancing up to the other across from him. "Thank you."

{So did I ^^ That's great, I'm glad I've found another fan.}

Raven, for some reason, did not feel at all offended by the lack of response as he had expected. Instead he felt relieved that he had shared how he felt with another person and had come away from the experience unharmed. For the first time, the black-haired prince smiled at the red-head himself, not at anything else. This was all new to him; focusing on emotions instead of reason. And he found that he liked the sensation. It gave him a sense of freedom that he had never felt before; it now seemed to him as if he had been bound by invisible chains. But he was getting too far ahead of himself; he still needed to exercise caution with the new experience. "That is fine," he said quietly. "I just write what comes to me. Even I am not always sure what it means."

• 2 weeks later...

Strauss gave a cackle, glancing back to the man that he had fallen in love with in such a short notice. It was such an extreme emotion to feel for Raven when the two had just met. Also, the younger he loved was male. The Zelphia prince didn't really specify himself as homosexual; albeit that was changed now. With the dark haired prince in the picture, Strauss couldn't even think of denying it. Well, one couldn't help who they fell for, right?

"I see. Well Raven, I think you should express yourself more. It was beautiful." Smiling slightly as he glanced around. Emerald orbs settled onto the table, not a word escaping from the naturally red head man's mouth. After a moment of silence, Strauss stood and gave a small smile as he nodded to the other. "I'm off. You can join me if you'd like. I'm....going to possible sleep under the stars." Beginning to waltzed to the entry to exit the building. He knew that Edmund would be much more relaxed now that there wasn't much tension between the two.

Raven simply nodded in response, staying where he was for a few more minutes after Strauss had gone, staring down at the piece of paper resting on the table with his hands in his lap. He came to the conclusion that thinking too much about recent events would end up with him beginning to think negatively, so he folded the paper and slipped it into the pocket sewn into his cloak. He then stood and exited the building, narrowing his eyes and wincing at the cold wind that blew past, ruffling his hair and his cloak. Why would someone want to sleep outside in weather such as this? he wondered with obvious distaste. He really couldn't speak for others, though; he knew that he became colder much more easily and quickly than others. He scanned the streets before making his way over to his horse, finding Edmund standing against the wall.

"Uh...how did it go?" the blonde asked cautiously. Raven tilted his head and said nothing, but he kept his expression blank and eyes nonthreatening, which was enough to convince his older brother that everything was all right for the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Strauss sighed as he climbed up the last inches of ground he had to be atop the hill. From the height of the land, the dyed haired prince could hear the calm swissing of a small lake below and view the various amount of flowered grounds. This was a calming atmosphere; much to the Zelphia prince's liking. Now that he and Raven was over their small dispute; he was sure he could rest easier.

"I wish that all goes well for him. Seeing him like that was the last thing I thought I'd ever view. What sincere beauty." Strauss whispered to himself, reminiscing on the song that the other had wrote. Although the naturally red head prince couldn't understand some of the lyrics, he was sure that all connected to the emotions of the one he loved in some way. Maybe Strauss wasn't as smart as the blue eyed teen, but it didn't stop the fact that the other had shared one of his prized possessions with him.

"Tsch, and yet....he stills reject me." He laughs, shaking his head as he not-so-gently plopped onto the ground to relax.

• 2 weeks later...

[i apologize for the delay. I visited my father and hadn't had the chance to warn you. Yes, let us time-skip]

- - - Updated - - -

[i apologize for the delay. I visited my father and hadn't had the chance to warn you. Yes, let us time-skip]

{It's fine ^^ When would you like to skip to? We could continue the journey or just have them reach the castle?}

{Okay}

Edmund whistled when the large castle came into view, pulling the reins to bring his horse to a stop. "Nice place!" He gave Strauss a friendly, slightly goofy grin. Behind him, Raven rolled his eyes and kept his head down. After the conversation at the tavern, the black-haired prince had drawn in on himself again, refusing to look at either his brother or their companion. He had been seriously pondering the result of the discussion with the red-headed prince, and he found himself not knowing how to act; this was his first real friend.

Strauss gave a smile, nodding at the other for the compliment. The smile soon faded as he noticed Raven with an indifferent look, not speaking a word. It had actually been that way when finishing the journey as well. At first the red head just thought the dark haired teen wasn't in the mood, but now it was just strange.

"Raven, is there anything wrong? I hope that you are ok. Are you in need for anything? I would be more than happy to revive it for you." Taking this chance to jump off the horse and land gracefully on his feet.

Raven's icy blue eyes focused on Strauss and sent the older prince a warning glare; he did not want Edmund to be aware of their friendship, especially when there were suspicions that Strauss had more than friendly feelings for the black-haired young man. Stop being so nice, he mentally commanded. There would be time for kind words later, when they were alone and Strauss would be able to teach him about having a friend. "I do not need anything," he mumbled, breaking eye contact. Edmund blinked in confusion, but then shrugged.

"Well, let's get this diplomatic party started!" He was rewarded with a rock thrown at his head.

Strauss couldn't quite understand the reason behind the small glare but he decided that it would be best to let Raven deal with his own problems at the moment; sometimes being left alone could be the key to solving certain problems. "Alright, whatever you say." The loud, obnoxious scream of the other prince forced a laugh from the red head, one that stopped all so suddenly, as well as the movement of his horse.

"Oh dammit. I'm...at my castle." Voice quieting to an inaudible tone. He was in so much trouble.

Now Raven was as confused as his brother, but did not show it outwardly. Instead he spared a glance at Strauss, his mind working quickly to figure out why the red-head's tone had suddenly changed. Before Edmund could ask what the problem was, the youngest prince spoke up, "You are in trouble, then? With your father, perhaps?" He paused, then added on, "Or maybe you do not wish to see your fiance?" His blue eyes held the knowing smirk that his face did not express. His blonde brother blinked in surprise.

"Oh, um...well, this is awkward. But shouldn't we hurry and stop the war?"

The red head shot the youngest prince a glare. The situation had nothing to do with his fiancé and he was a little upset that Raven would throw that in his face. It felt like a rejection than more of a tease. With a deep inhale, the Zelphia prince ran his fingers through his hair with a sigh. "Your right Edmund, we should be moving along to stop this war...problem is....is that..... my father doesn't know that I am on the bathlefrield. Well...he didn't know." A loud groan radiating theough the sky.

"Oh well. I have to face him one day, but I wasn't planning on doing so, so soon." Steadily standing in his spot, hands glued to the side of the horse. This would be a disaster. If his father forced him to stay at the castle, he wouldn't be able to help stop the war, neither would he be able to see Raven again. "I'm sooooo not ready for this." Taking a small step forward.

Raven rolled his eyes and ignored the other prince's glare, deciding to take his moment of hesitation as the cue to take the lead. He rode ahead of the other men, sighing quietly as his horse trotted, not yet running. Was Strauss' father a cruel man? Or was the red-head just exaggerating, and the king simply strict? He wasn't sure--and he hated not knowing things--but what bothered him the most was that it reminded him of his own father, the side no one had ever seen but himself. He assumed that as a friend, he should help Strauss. It was a hard concept for him to understand, but he would try his best. He would need to learn how to be assertive eventually.

Strauss glanced to Raven who decided that it was a good idea to go ahead on his own. "RAVEN! DON'T YOU DARE TAKE ANOTHER STEP. I HAVE MEN GUARDING THE WALLS OF THE CASTLE. WITH YOU HAVING ANOTHER KINGDOM'S ATTIRE, AS WELL AS SYMBOL OR CREST, THEY'D SHOOT YOU." Patting his horse on the side as he began to jog toward the dark haired male. "Raven, get down from there." Wanting the younger prince to walk beside him. He wouldn't know how to react if his love was to become injured. That would be cruel.