•The•Two•Kingdoms

Teesie

The black-haired prince slipped quietly down the hallways of the castle, much like a shadow, silent and quick; no one seemed to see or hear him, and if they did, they paid him no mind. He saw no sign of his mother and was pleased with that fact; he made a mental note to reward the maid when he returned. Soon enough he was outside, making his way towards the stables.

Upon entering, his chest was pierced with an intense ache and he winced, his fingers digging into his palms. He took a deep breath and searched around the stalls for a suitable horse. There were no pure black ones eligible to ride, as the only ones were still colts, but he found a smaller black-and-white mare who had been Siopi's sister, born many years later; it was rare for a horse to have more than one child, so she was treated much more gently than the others. He walked up to her and she looked back at him with dark brown eyes, the same as her sister's. Raven bit his lip, almost afraid to touch her; but she leaned forward and nuzzled his chest with her nose.

The blue-eyed prince couldn't help but smile, and he patted her neck lightly. "I don't believe you have a name," he murmured. "How about...Sigi." It mean silence, just like Siopi, but was a different translation. The mare huffed and shook her head in agreement. Raven briefly touched the charm around his neck; he had transferred it from the leather strap to a more neat black choker necklace that had the silver pentagram-engraved pendant attached to the front. Without saddling Sigi, he climbed onto her back and unfolded the black cloak he had had in his arms, throwing it behind him and clasping the two sides together; it was black instead of red, and the clasp was silver instead of gold, engraved with the Verrandes crest. He pulled the cowl over his head and the new pair took off towards the battlefield.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Teesie

The naturally red head prince threw knives after knives. It wasn't easy to see as his weapons pierced the flesh of others as they dropped to their demises. That was because the others would never be able to stand again. Never to be able to breath the oxygen and fragrance of the world, and never to be able to open their eyes. It was all saddening to the young heir of Zelphia Kingdom. The kid might have had the nick name of "Ice King" but that didn't mean that Strauss had no remorse....for death.

"I want you all to destroy them. We will not be able to win this battle if the enemy were to even prosper." The young Codiquíle announced, as he looked away slightly. It was hypocritical of him to say such things after such a emotional thought; but he had to have his knights fight or they would die themselves. It wouldn't be so well if his mens were to die either. Death was all the same.

"Dammit, sire Strauss....we will have to move forward. We were able to fight the other's off. What do you think we are suppose to do? Should we move forward....I think if we were to move forward, we could fight them off more."

The prince said nothing and just listened. What did the other actually know about battle strategy. "The disadvantage will be given to us if we are to move from this spot. I think we should stay here."

"Yes sire."

Raven and his new horse were a black streak against the green expanse of land, moving at an incredibly fast pace. The young prince's blue eyes were narrowed against the wind, and already he could hear the sounds of men screaming and steel clashing. I wonder how we are faring... He patted Sigi on the neck, urging her to go faster. The pair came upon the first station after twenty-five minutes of riding.

The first person to see the black-haired young man was a knight named Richard. At first he was alarmed to see the newcomer arriving at such a fast pace, and he readied his sword. However, once the horse and rider slowed, he lowered his weapon, brown eyes widening. "Prince Raven?"

Raven pulled Sigi to a stop in front of the knight, pulling down his cowl and staring blankly at him. He nodded in response before softly asking, "At which station are my brothers?" Ricahrd informed them that they had moved to the fifth station, eastward. The blue-eyed prince thanked him and took off once more, swerving easily around the fighting men without any trouble. They were spread apart enough that there was room for him to move around.

Strauss watched the battifeild with intensity. The prince smiled as he saw all the enemies knights was reduced to mostly nothing. Many of the soldiers on each of the Kingdom's sides were laying lifeless on the ground. It was all such a horrible sight, but it couldn't be helped. The dynasty was in stake, as well as their kingdoms.

After searching though, the naturally red head could tell by the armor that the enemies on the opposite side of the field was of no importance Usually royalty would have a different symbol and, or style; albeit none of the enemy troops wearing anything different. Sighing, the heir of the Zelphia Kingdom groaned loudly. There was no kid with blue eyes and black hair either. That was his main priority at this point.

"Dammit...I need for you all to look for that brat. He will be mine eventually, no matter where he hides." Strauss announced as he looked around the area. Men were still fighting but Zelphia defiantly had the upper hand. The other was all he wanted, and now thinking about it. The now dark haired prince was wondering was the other kid royalty. It was a high possibility. Maybe that was why he was absent from the fight.

Raven and his horse shot across the battlefield like a bullet, leaping over the throng of fighting men as if they were simply a tree branch. Their speed was so great that the hood of his cowl flew back, revealing his rather long jet black hair and icy blue eyes, his pale skin appearing almost white in the harsh sunlight. He was leaning down to lower their wind resistance, his chest pressed lightly against the mare's neck.

The young prince was so focused on getting to his destination that he paid little attention to who he passed, therefore not noticing the man who had yelled at him from across the river. He and his horse jumped over the enemy prince's head in a wide arc, dirt flying up as hooves impacted with the ground again. They were moving so quickly that the natural red-head would have almost no time to react, but he would have been able to see Raven's face before they vanished into the crowd of knights.

Soon enough Sigi brought her master to the fifth battle-station eastward, coming to a stop in front of the main tent. Raven swung his leg over the side of the horse and slid off, patting her neck gently before walking into the large tent, coming face-to-face with his brothers. At first they were surprised, then concerned and angry, scolding him for leaving the castle. He of course ignored them and corrected their strategy so that they would stop losing so many men and start killing more; after that the older three were overjoyed to see their little brother.

Strauss turned to look after the horse that was dashing through and around all of the knights. That was the boy that he had been searching for, for a while now. So it seemed like the smaller of the two had decided to join the battle, but defiantly not this one. So it seemed as if the other was going to accompany another fight that was at another station. Hmph, well...the naturally red head prince would for sure follow him.

Running to mount a horse, the black haired male ran in the direction that he had seen the raven haired male run to. The heir would suddenly be there, but maybe this was a bad idea. Strauss was going by himself and could possible be surrounded by enemies, but this was how bad his determination was. The blue eyed boy had ignored him and it had pissed him off. That was something that the young Codiquíle hated most. Everyone but the enemy would know that.

Soon his horse skidded to a stop as he pulled back on the reigns. There was the one that had ignored him, but it seems that the kid was having a reunion. Strauss did not give two fucks, he would kill the other for ever ignoring him and for pulling such an ungrateful attack. Twirling his throwing knives on his fingers, the green eyed male stared to Raven.

Raven was sitting on the round table in the center of the tent with his brothers in chairs around him. There was a map by his side, and he was watching silently as the other princes sorted through their new plan. His icy blue eyes were seemingly focused on the task at hand, but he could feel a different pair of eyes burning into him and he knew that someone who was not supposed to be there was watching him. He said nothing, though, knowing that the person wouldn't make a move until he was alone.

The black-haired prince had given his input, and he was pleased with the result. Soon enough Verrandes would be the side ahead of the game. He smirked knowingly, brushing the bangs from his face and turning his head slightly, looking straight at Strauss but not knowing he was. If the enemy prince had not figured out his importance because he was conversing with the three princes, then he definitely would know after seeing the crest carved into the clasp on the young man's cloak when he turned; it was the symbol of royalty.

"Raven," Daniel said suddenly, interrupting his brother's thoughts. "Are you sure about this? Wouldn't it be easier to move westward?"

Raven narrowed his eyes, on edge because of the eyes he had felt, and he worried that the enemy would overhear their plan. "I'm sure," he said stiffly, in a tone that silenced his brothers. "Do not speak of it any longer."

Strauss continued to stare at the smaller male. He would do something drastic, but he was sure that since the other princes didn't see him, they wouldn't suspect what he would do. Plus, all of the other's were sitting so that was also a disadvantage, but an advantage for Now black haired male. Taking in a deep breath the naturally red head heir guessed that he should proceed with his thoughts.

Clutching his hand around a throwing knife, the Zelphia sire ran toward the small tent, bursting through with a reckless stumble.. It didn't falter his plans though as he reached for the first prince he could get his hands on. The one that the blue eyed teen had just told to be quiet. Wrapping a arm around the man's neck he baganda to talk.

"Don't even think to move...you either!" He yelled, shaking the one that he had in choke hold. "I just want the blue eyed kid and that's it." Pulling the other in his hands, out the tent. Strauss placed the knife against the other's neck and pointed to raven with the other. "If any one is even aware of this...your soldiers...I will kill him.. Do not make me have to prove it.. I will kill him." The older teen said, narrowing his eyes to the other black haired man.

The eldest brother froze in Strauss' grasp, his blue eyes widening slightly before they focused on his brothers. He shook his head slightly, telling them not to move. Edmund and Stephen were on their feet instantly, swords drawn; however Raven stayed seated on the table, his gaze boring holes into the enemy prince's body. He showed no expression at all; not fear, not concern for his brother--nothing.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Edmund shouted, his eyes filled with fury. Beside him Stephen remained more level-headed, but the anger he felt was still obvious in his posture.

Raven tilted his head slightly, analyzing the situation at rapid speeds. The stranger wanted him, as he had stated, most likely because of the attack by the river. He had his brother with a knife to his neck and was threatening to kill him if he did not get what he wanted. His brother was the heir to the throne, and therefore more valuable than he was. If rescuing him by force was not an option, then the next most logical move was to hand Raven over. But his brothers would not do so until they knew why this was happening, as was their stubborn nature. There were only two possible solutions: have Raven go with the stranger, or attack him by surprise.

Strauss stared to all the other's as he backed away further fom them. He hoped they didn't try anything absurd or stupid or he would kill the other with no remorse. "I'm getting quite impatient.. Either you hand over the kid or I'll kill this guy." Pressing the knife down on the man's neck. Small trickles of blood fell into the frost bits on the ground. The Zelphia prince was not going to play this little game with the enemy; he hated to be treated like a board game.

He was studying the face of Raven's and could tell that the smaller was not giving off any emotions. As if he really cared about that. The stunt was to get the dark haired boy...not get a reaction from him. That actually gave him a good idea. "It seems like the kid doesn't care very much anyways. He cared way more for that horse than his own brother. It's actually pretty funny....to have an animal recieve more love with your brother than you all." The natural red head voiced, giving a smile to the enemy princes.

"Shut up!" Edmund snarled, taking a step forward, only to be pulled back by Stephen; he still felt guilt over Siopi's death, and he very much disliked the way this stranger was treating his younger brother. "Why don't you tell us why the hell you want my brother?" Behind him, Raven had slipped off of the table, walking forward a few paces to stand next to the other two Verrandes princes.

Stephen saw his movement and let go of Edmund, putting his hand in front of the black-haired prince instead. "No, Raven." There was something he refrained from saying, but ice-blue eyes picked it up easily, the unfinished sentence: Not yet. He could tell that Stephen could see the only options, and Raven was not bothered by this. He wasn't very close to anyone in his family, despite how protective they were of him, and he would rather have them thinking logically than letting emotions cloud their judgement.

In the enemy's grasp, Daniel's eyes were fixed on the youngest, searching his face for an answer. Raven met his eldest brother's eyes, and Daniel swallowed when he saw what was there; Raven was willing to go with the stranger in order to save him. Raven, don't...there has to be another way. he tried to convey his thoughts with his eyes, and Raven simply shook his head the slightest bit.

Raven shifted his gaze to Strauss and spoke in a monotonous voice, "You want me because I refused to speak to you at the river."

The naturally red head male had to hold himself back from agreeing with the dark haired teen's statement. Listening to someone else say the reason as to why he was mac made it sound mighty childish. Strauss sneered to the family of four and pressed the knife down harshly onto the eldest's throat.

"I don't have time to talk. I want the kid and I want him now." Glancing to Raven and narrowing his eyes. "How childish do you think I am? Your the one responsible for that unruly attack, right? That's why I'm here for you. I promised to make you mine and that's what you will be. Come, I don't have all day." The now black haired male announced, raising a brow to the smaller enemy.

Raven's harsh blue eyes suddenly lit with realization, and he sent the other young man a cold smirk, one that looked out of place on his pale face. "The way you speak," he said in his soft voice, tilting his head slightly. "You're not supposed to be here, are you?" It was obvious now that he studied the enemy; the way he held himself, the way in which he spoke, even the way he was holding the knife; the man holding his brother captive was royalty.

"Raven, not now!" Edmund snapped, but there was confusion on his face as well as Stephen's. The had no idea of the realization their brother had come to. "We're not giving him--" Raven raised a hand to silence him, not wanting his rashness to cause Daniel's death prematurely.

"Tell me," the black-haired prince said from his place behind Edmund, staring unblinkingly at Strauss with blank eyes. "Why are you here if you do not belong? Is it because of...family issues?" His lips twitched as he refrained from smiling. If he could keep the young man talking, they might have a chance.

The smaller of the two had guessed that completely correct. Something strange was about the raven haired boy. How could he guess such a thing if he hadn't even mentioned it himself. Could it be that these freaks weren't scared because they had magic. Was magic even real?

Narrowing his eyes to Raven, the naturally red head male frowned to having the other asking him questions of his personal life. Strauss don't remember telling the other that he would answer every question he asked. In all honesty, having the other figure him out so quickly pissed him off. There was no way that the dark haired enemy knew so much. Though, the thought of a battle made the heir of Zelphia smirk.

"I'm not the one who have family issues. It seems to me like that is your problem. Why is if that you are here? By the looks of it, you aren't allowed on the battlefield as well. Guess we have our own problems don't we kid. Now, come to me...I'll give you five seconds. One....two...three...four.............five." Tightening his fingers around the blade.

Raven narrowed his eyes even further and took a few steps forward, brushing past Edmund, who tried to grab him; but the brunette managed to avoid his hands. The blue-eyed prince didn't get too close to the red-head, but he moved as he had asked. "What I do not understand is why you want me to come with you. If you are so angry, would it not be easier to simply kill me?"

Behind him Stephen's grip on his sword tightened so that his knuckles turned white. "Raven," he said lowly, in a warning tone, but the youngest brother ignored him. He did not break the eye contact with Strauss, keeping his expression calm despite his rapid-thoughts. There may not be a way out of this, at least not an easy one.

Edmund gritted his teeth, wanting to say something, do something, anything, but there was nothing he could do. The situation was intense, and he had no idea of how to get out of it. Daniel's eyes met his, and there was a spark of understanding; Raven might not be able to get out of this one.

"How are you sure that that's now what I want to do. Maybe I want to bind you and torture you everyday. Have you to beg me for your life and break that calm, cool, intelligent mask right off your face. Maybe I could do that now, with killing your brother here. Your taking an awful long time to come to me for my liking." Strauss teased, but his the tone as best as he could so the others would think he meant serious business. It was no doubt that he wouldn't kill the prince; but the naturally red head heir wouldn't have made such a speech.

Twirling the knife in his fingers, Strauss raised it above th other ready to pierce the eldest's throat.. He wanted the black haired kid to get to him quickly, and stop being such a smart ass.. Taking a few steps was not what he meant, and the small, petit teen knew so. Raven was just being cocky and the older, enemy male didn't like it much.

"Raven, say goodbye to your brother." Forcing his hand down. His intentions were to stop at hearing a scream, the male didn't really wish to kill the other.

Before Edmund or Stephen could protest, Raven moved forward, his long legs carrying him quickly across the small patch of earth separating the two sides. He placed a pale hand over Daniel's neck, right underneath the dagger's blade. His brothers froze, holding their breath as they watched his icy blue eyes meet Strauss'.

"You are bluffing," he said quietly; only if one looked closely at his eyes could one see his true emotions; he was not exactly scared, but he was not as calm as he appeared either. "But I will not take that chance." His straight black hair seemed even more stark against his pale face in the light of the dying sun, and with a gentle hand he grabbed the hilt of the dagger, his skin brushing against the enemy's.

"Stop this now, and I will go with you." There was no sign of untruth in his eyes, but beneath him Daniel started to struggle.

"No, Raven," he choked out, his blue eyes wide. His youngest brother once again ignored him. Raven knew that there was no way out of this; he had known since the beginning, really, but he had wanted to see how far he could go. He wanted to test himself, and see if he could find a weakness; if he was to go with this man, he would prove to him that he could be a match for him.

Strauss smiled and nodded to the dark haired male before quickly grabbing onto the enemy's hand and pulling the kid back from the others. "Good, I got what I wanted. No more delaying...I want you on the horse now or I won't hesitate to hurt anyone." The natural red head male voiced, quickly pushing the smaller toward the mammal, as he studied the other prince's move; not letting the small, petit male go.

The now black haired teen was surprised that he didn't have to hurt anyone for the other to willing come with him. Raven was the only thing from the war that was on his mind, and now that he got the prized possession, the heir of Zelphia was sure that he would think much better.

Strauss walked to the horse he had been riding and mounted it after the other. Looking to the boy's brother, the young Codiquíle let out a smirk. "I don't expect anyone to follow us, nor try to harm me. If any suspicious act is formed, I will have your younger brother killed.....brutally." He teased, raising a brow to the other three.

The three eldest princes could only watch in complete shock as their youngest brother climbed up onto the horse with ease, sitting behind the enemy. They stood still, unable to move, eyes wide and filled with confusion and loss. "We...can't just let him go...?" Edmund stuttered weakly, his gaze fixated on the black-haired young man. Next to him, Daniel swallowed, his hands tightening into fists. We won't, he thought, we'll win the war and take him back.

His eyes met Raven's, and that understanding seemed to pass easily between them. Raven tilted his head slightly and gave a small smile before his expression became blank once more. He turned to Strauss and watched him with empty blue eyes. He said nothing, waiting for him to move. Problems could arise if they stalled for much longer, and he knew that he had a better chance if they left quickly.

I will play your game, prince. The bitter thought echoed through his mind; part of him was terrified, but the other, smaller part was looking forward to a challenge. I may not win, but I will give you one hell of a run. He did not know just how strange the end result of this encounter was going to be.

Strauss jumped onto the horse and quickly tapped the side of the mammal's side and quickly rode away from the smaller male's family. The naturally red head male couldn't believe that he had actually succeeded in getting the dark haired male with him. The actions he had just pulled was dangerous, as well as risky.

"So, tell me....what's your name." He asked, quickly approaching the area in which he was before. More of his men was around so he knew that he'd be safe. "My names Strauss. I want to tell you that you strike interest in me." The dyed haired male confessed.

Thin, pale arms encircled the larger man's waist as the smaller male focused on staying balanced on the new horse. "My name is Raven," he replied in a quiet voice, his icy blue eyes looking out across the grassy fields they were currently running through. "And I hope you know that taking me will lengthen the war." His possessive mother would not let this go unanswered for very long; she was probably hysterical with worry at the moment.

The younger prince's figure was much tinier than Strauss', giving him a fragile appearance. He was almost feminine in looks, but there was no mistaking him for a woman. It was no wonder that he had never been allowed to participate directly in battle, as he obviously lacked the strength needed for combat. His jet black hair and paper-white skin--both of which contrasted with his family's blonde hair and tanned skin--gave him a gloomy and dark appearance, even without the help of the shadows under his eyes.

Strauss only shrugged at the smaller's statement. He knew that taking the other would have that kind of effect, what war wouldn't? Taking a prince, especially one of possible heir of the throne, could be a serious offense. Though, by what the dyed haired male saw, Raven would most likely be he youngest one of them all. That was judging by the size and looks; although the teen seemed to also be the most intelligent too.

"Well, I knew that would come as a problem. You are a prince, as well as the youngest...am I right?" The eldest of the two asked, turning a sharp curve when he noticed he had missed the turn to the right path. "I, myself, am royalty. I'm the only heir to the throne from the Zelphia Kingdom. The younger voiced, smiling softly at the one behind him, knowing that the other couldn't see him.

"I had assumed as much," Raven replied coolly, his eyes narrowing slightly as the mount jerked to the side. "And you are correct, I am the youngest prince. The fourth son of Alistair." He saw no problem with telling this to the older man, as it in no way posed a threat. He also did not mind the conversation, as he wanted to know more about the other prince himself.

He kept his eyes focused ahead of them for the most part, but was slightly peeved that he could barely see over the other's shoulder. I never knew I was this small before, he thought bitterly, feeling irrationally upset by this fact. He always knew that he was shorter than his brothers, but for some reason that had seemed different. Maybe this is why they treated me like a woman.

The dyed haired prince suddenly jumped from the horse and quickly grabbed a hold of his capture and snatched him from the horse as well. The mammal continued to run and was off in the distance, frightened from the arrows and knives being thrown it's way.

"People are a bit jumpy at times like this. If we had of rode by there is no doubt we would have been injured, and thanks to your little unruly attack ... I'm already injured." The heir of the Zelphia Kingdom said, letting off a small smile. Suddenly the prince was met with another male with a arrow aimed to Raven's head.

"This is the kid from before, tell me when to shoot sire."

"Never...put that away. Me and Raven here is having a conversation." The soldier nodded before looking over the battlefield.

Raven let out a little huff, his hair ruffled and looking every bit like a kitten with its fur bristling. He shot the knight an icy glare before standing up and dusting off his black trousers. "I have experienced a war before," he snapped at the red-head, using the back of his hand to wipe a bit of dirt from his cheek. He was partially surprised that he had not been restrained, but he was not one to protest; neither was he one to run away, as he knew logically that he would never get away unharmed.

He turned around in a half circle, scanning the area and taking stock of what was happening around them. For some reason the main fight was a good few yards away from them, and he wondered why no one had come after them while they were vulnerable. He could tell that the fight was even, and he could not help but smirk when he saw one of his knights stab one of the enemy soldiers.