Vampires Suck! (Envy)

RavenLunar

Outwardly, Dante only seemed to be interested in what he had to say, but inside was a different story.

The fact that he 'loved his job' was anything but comforting. Not that he feared for himself, Dante had been made stronger when he had been re-sired ten years after he was created, and only grew stronger with age. It would take someone strong to take him down in a one on one face off. But that didn't mean he would underestimate the man sitting across from him. Even if the young hunter didn't seem like he'd be a threat, he knew that seeming didn't mean he wasn't.

He smiled a little at the questions he was asked next, his fingers playing with the cup of his drink.

“I am not much of a party person. But I do enjoy them occasionally. It's more my room mates that feel the need to entertain themselves so often. I may or may not indulge in their activities.” he replied before his eyes moved around the room before settling back on the human.

“And this place. It's peaceful. Has a lot of space for when you're feeling crowded. It also a good place for hunting.” he added before he took a sip from his cup.

“So, what exactly do you do for an income?” he asked, his head tilting a little in curiosity.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Envy

• RavenLunar

At hearing the male's response Shinomi paid close attention as he nodded here and there and smiled sipping on his cup of tea a few times as it had began to cool down. "Mmm it does have a lot of space, I like that..." He chuckled lightly then at the question the male couldn't make up too bogus of a lie, even though he worked as a hunter the job surprisingly paid a really good sum per job going from a couple 'K' to nearly a mill depending on how serious it is and who was making a call out for them.

"My family is pretty well off and I have saved a lot of money over time since I don't particularly go out much so nothing to really blow my cash on. It just built up over the years so I don't really have much to worry about when it comes to finances on my own. What about you? Do you have a career? Or even a hobby you enjoy?" Playing with a piece of thread on his jacket Shinomi had forgotten what it was like to socialize with stranger, so many questions to ask and equally so many to answer.

"I have a lot of hobbies of my own besides wandering into your neck of the woods." He smiled teasing the pale male before him as he softly giggled crossing his legs as he leaned back in his seat now fully relaxing his stance. This person seemed to be so interested in him that it was a bit flattering to the young human.

"You have a lot of questions Dante, not that I mind it's just a refreshing change from my usually boring every day life." Not that destroying vampires was boring for Shinomi, it was more of a rush and exciting but lately it had seemed to have lost its magic which added to his reasons for taking a break.

Dante was very aware that Shinomi had completely avoided answering his question about what he did for a living. He knew the other wouldn't have admitted to killing vampires and other supernaturals.

What everyday human would have believed him?

They would have called him crazy... among other things. The one thing hunters and preternatural creatures agreed on most was to keep their existence as secret as possible. He almost wanted to tell him, just so he could see his reaction. But not here. He took another sip from his cup as he listened to the human speak to him, memorizing every word, every expression, every beat of his eyes, the way he looked at this moment. He wanted to make sure he would get it all right when he replayed this day back in his mind.

He let another smile slip onto his face when he was accused of asking too many questions.

“How are to get to know one another if not ask questions?” he replied as he lowered his cup to the table.

“I come from a old and wealthy family. I don't have to work if I choose not to. But I do own some very expensive clubs around the world, that cater to the more... elite of society. So I guess you can say I am into the entertainment business.” he finished.

Blushing Shinomi looked down to his glass as he smiled shyly at the playful banter they were doing as it was simply too much fun to ever go back to being a borderline shut in. "Well I guess that's true...and is that so? Maybe I might have seen some of those clubs on business travels, it sounds pretty exciting. I always thought that some day I'd open up my own bakery and sell exotic sweets that I tend to enjoy back home." Brushing some hair from his eyes his honey colored orbs clashed with the other male's for a moment as if he was trying to read his soul.

"Does your roommates ever come out to town? I'm really curious of possibly meeting them sometime, they sound pretty wild. If not I'd still be happy to spend some time with you Dante, you're quite an interesting person. I've honestly never met anyone like you before." Through all his travels and conversations with humans and immortals alike Dante was truly one of a kind.

As the human tried to hide his blush he quickly downed the rest of his tea to have an excuse of the hot tea being the cause of his reddening cheeks. "I hope we'll be able to meet up like this more often, I'm having a lot of fun with you Dante."

• 2 weeks later...

Dante felt a sense of amusement at the young hunters apparent flustered state.

The kid kept blushing as they spoke to one another, and that made it rather obvious that he was becoming enamored with him. Which he was fine with. It would help him get closer to him, maybe learn if he was really just there for a get away, or he was there to hunt. Though the way he just left his things around the bedroom suggested the get away story to be true.

What hunter would leave his journal lying around if he knew a coven of supernaturals lived near by?

But he couldn't look pass the fact he found him close to his home, twice now.

He leaned forward in his seat, resting his forearms and elbows on the table top, his silver eyes looking at the other with pointed intensity, a faint smile curving the corners of his lips.

But he could admit to himself, there might be more to it than that in this for him.

“You won't meet anyone like me again, I can assure you.” he said to the hunter.

He gave his head a tilt to the side as if considering something as he continued to watch him, and gave his head a small nod.

“You can meet them if you like. But I think I'll just keep you to myself for a while longer. When you meet them, then I'll have to share. I can be a rather selfish creature at times.”