Vampires Suck! (Envy)

RavenLunar

1419628-bigthumbnail.jpg

Name: Shinomi Yatsuko

Hair: Soft Brown

Eye: Golden Honey

Height: 5'8"

Personality: Shinomi is a sweet person but likes to keep to himself, he usually had his nose in a large book and only speak when spoken to or if he knows the person really well he'd strike up a conversation. Despite his looks he is one of the top three most powerful hunters along side his father in the world and hates being dismissed just for his size and soft looks. He loves boba tea and chocolate the best out of any sweets, but he definitely has a weak spot for pumpkin pies and cheesecake to boot. He enjoys painting on his days off or just curling up in his favorite chair to play video games and catching up on reading. Shinomi enjoys cooking and baking along with other very artistic crafts or simply taking a long run through the woods to clear his mind.

Bio: Shinomi was born on the large island of Japan and grew up most of his life there but his life wasn't easy considering what his father did for a living. For centuries his family was known to be great and powerful vampire hunters with not just brute strength nor tactical brain power but magic. Magic played a bigger role from his mother's side as his father's family had married into a rich strong magical bloodline that granted them great power and strength for generations. At the age of 7 Shinomi began his own training in the art of slaying and took to it very well along with his mother's training in magic. However tragedy stuck his small family when their secluded home was raided by a powerful coven, sadly his mother didn't survive and had been sucked dry. With a hatred for vampires Shinomi swore to rid the world of the beings even if it took every breath in his body, that was when he was 13 years old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glancing out the window Shinomi groaned as he could tell this was going to be the longest three months of his life. Just thinking about what happened yesterday morning made his blood boil in annoyance as he wanted nothing more than to punch his father for this horrible idea.

The morning before at 8:30 am

Walking through the foyer Shinomi was fixing a buckle on his work gloves as he had his gear set and ready to go for another night of slaying later on but for now he needed to train to get ready.

"Morning dad gonna go practice a bit for tonight!" The young male smiled waving to his father having his morning tea in the living room with his newspaper.

"Whoa whoa Shin hold on a second!" The older man who looked almost like Shinomi but older placed his paper down and smiled. His face looked as young and vibrant almost as if he wasn't even close to his 50's, his hair remained shiny as the color was as black as a raven's feathers. His soft powder blue eyes looked over the young man before him as he coaxed Shinomi to come into the living room to have a word with him.

Looking at his father Shinomi obeyed and sat in a chair beside his dad a little confused on what was going on, "What is it father? Did I forget something?" He asked going through a checklist in his head but the chuckling from the older man took him out of his thoughts.

"No son but its something important, I've decided to give you some time off for a...little while." Raising a brow this was getting interesting as Shinomi looked over his father and tilted his head feeling a little confused. "Time off father?"

Sighing Jason knew his son wouldn't like what he was about to say but had to do it for the other's own good. "I'm sending you away for a little while on vacation, you're working way too hard and you need to go out and act your own age. I want you to have more freedom and fun Shin-kun, I know the slaying business is fun and all for you but you should be out and about with people your own age and its time for you to start looking for a wife."

Eyes wide Shinomi couldn't believe what he was hearing, he didn't have time to date some idiotic girl and settle down, he needed to fulfill his promise to his mother and avenge her. "B-But father are you mad! I can't stop now I'm at the top of my game, I'm going great!"

"No buts Shinomi, my decision is final now go pack up, your flight is tonight." The man spoke as he lightly smiled and ruffled the boy's head a little, "Who knows you might thank my one day."

Watching the taxi car driving away Shinomi sighed looking up to what would be his vacation home for the next three months. It was in a nice secluded little area as it reminded him of his old home but his head shook quickly pushing those thoughts away and tugged his bag closer to him. Walking around without his sword felt so weird and incomplete, he had argued about keeping his weapons but his father refused and told the boy that the vacation home would be safe.

"Yeah put that on my tombstone when I'm nothing but a empty corpse of bones and skin..." He grumbled stumbling into the doorway and saw how modernized the place looked but still had a cozy atmosphere. "Well I guess I should make the best of this." With that Shinomi had explored every room of the two story cabin, unpacked, and was now in the kitchen cooking up a meal. Even though him and his father were wealthy and had hired help to do things for them Shinomi still enjoyed doing things on his own and didn't like being babied all the time. Looking out the window the woods were beautiful and seemed to beckon him to explore them as he couldn't help but to softly smile. "At least he didn't send me to LA...this mountain place is perfect...a lot different than England."

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Envy

• RavenLunar

Dante looked behind him at the sounds of loud laughter coming from inside the house.

He caught the sight of a drunken girl now draped all over the tall figure of a man through the open front door. The girl he didn't know, just one of many guest that had arrived for the house party. The tall man however he knew well enough. Blaize had the woman around the waist, burying his face into her neck as she wiggled, giggling drunk in his arms.

Turning away as the scene turned into the two of them beginning to make out together, he looked out from the house. From his place on the porch, he could look down the tree lined mountain foot hill.

Some of the cabins down below could be seen from there, the comings and goings of some of those homes were visible as well. Especially with his eyesight. The sun had gone down already, the last of it's light was fading fast and he was feeling restless.

The party was a hit, much like all of Blaize's parties tended to be, but he wasn't in the mood for the overly crowded mansion at the moment. Deciding on slipping away before any of the others noticed he wasn't inside, he straightened from the post he had been leaning against and made his way down the front stairs to the graveled drive.

Soon he was lost in the shadowed darkness of the woods, leaving the loud music and voices behind him.

After unpacking and eating a little snack Shinomi had changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top with his running shoes. Looking at the blue and white shoes they held a lot of memories to him as he softly smiled thinking on them. Getting from his bed he looked around his home then picked up his iphone. backpack, and house keys, he headed out the door locking it and was soon on his way jogging lightly toward the line of trees, the wind beckoning him more and more as he began to pick up speed soon going into a full blown run. Feeling the wind whipping against his face and through his hair was an amazing feeling that always perked up his mood no matter how he felt.

Shinomi didn't know how long or even how far he had ran but he was sure to leave some markers on the trees behind so he could find his way back. Brushing his fingers through his hair he found a nice boulder to sit on as he took a much needed breath of air. Taking off his backpack he took out a bottle of water and began to drink from it feeling the cold liquid soothing his lungs and stomach of the burning sensation he felt from running. "Mmmm maybe this place won't be so bad after all, the forest is pretty quiet and clean..."

The woods were quiet, only the wind, insects and animals could be heard.

Dante stopped in his tracks when the sound of foot falls and a racing heart caught his attention. He listened, noting the sound was heading in his direction. He could tell it wasn't an animal from the fact there were only the rhythm of two feet hitting the forest ground and not four. Taking a deep breath the scent of the human could be picked up on the air.

Curious, he stayed where he was, leaning on a tree as he watched the direction the person would emerge from. It didn't take long before the figure of the runner could be seen through the breaks between the trees. When the mortal came closer, he could tell it was a male. He was obviously running for the enjoyment, because he didn't pick up the scent of pursuit or hear anything else near by but the two of them.

He watched as the man slowed to a stop and take a seat on a boulder no more then five feet to his right side. The man was so close he could take a step and touch him, and he didn't even realize he wasn't alone.

Taking another silent breath, he did move as the mans scent filled his nostrils.

Silver eyes stayed on the human as he walked forward passing around the boulder silently, he suddenly appeared in the mans line of vision, letting himself be seen only just an arms lengths away. He could see the man clearly, studying his feathers silently.

“Night runs can be dangerous around here.” he said to the man, his eyes steadily on him.

Looking up at the moon through the canopy of trees Shinomi was about to head back but he felt a presence. Sitting still he didn't want to alarm anyone but he knew something was near as he bit his bottom lip to try and remain calm. Hearing a voice the male jumped a little startled and looked over to see a man there as his figure was highlighted by the moonlight. Licking his lips he slowly stood up but made no movement to move closer to the being, something felt odd about him. "I see, thanks for the advice, but I hope you take your own into account. I was just on my way back home."

Studying the man he felt a sense of danger around him, his eyes were well adjusted to darkness considering his occupational job but this being looked very beautiful. Looking up at the distance Shinomi could see lights making him guess it was a house and the light roaring of music was even more interesting to him. "Not much of a party person? Can hear the music all the way down here..." He lightly smiled trying to make light conversation, after all it wouldn't hurt to try and make new friends in a new place. It was like his life was starting over, no one knew him here nor what he did giving him a chance to create a whole new life. "I apologize if I'm trespassing, I wasn't sure if this land was claimed or not and my head always gets away from me when I take evening jogs." Half of what he said was true but Shinomi was always alert even when he went on runs as ambushes has happened in the past before.

A very light chuckle escaped Dante at the mans response to his words.

He was the top of the food chain around the immediate area, he had nothing to worry about. He studied the man as he stood before him. Still young, but not overly, he guessed young adult. Healthy, obviously liked to stay active. And wary of him.

Well most humans tended to be. Instinctively they seemed to know when they were faced with a creature like himself. And at the moment, he was acting rather detached, so it was no surprised that the other man seemed a little tense. At the mention of the music, he gave a small smile, melting that facade of indifference as he did, and gave a shake of his head.

“Not in the mood for crowds.” he replied “And yes, this is private property, but I can over look your being here. I assume your new... vacation? We get a lot of that around here.”

The boy continued to watch the man as he seemed to relax a little when he saw him smile, his lips easily returning it as he brushed some of his hair from his eyes.

Chuckling softly he had to admit this guy was really interesting in many ways, "I'm not much of a crowds person myself...and thanks. Its more of a forced vacation, talk about working to hard and not having enough fun at my age." The young male spoke putting air quotes around 'my age' to try and prove a point as he shook his head then glances at the man.

"My name is Shinomi, its nice to meet you..." He gently spoke holding out his hand for a shake as he wasn't too used to handshaking with strangers but it was the polite thing to do when introducing one's self. Whether the other took his hand or not Shinomi looked in the direction he had came from feeling the cool wind against his body. "Sorry to cut this short but I should head back before I freeze to death. It was nice meeting ya..." Slowly the young male began to walk backwards as he watched the stranger for a moment not wanting to turn his back on him.

As he reached a comfortable distance between them he lightly waved and smiled, "See ya around!" With that he began to run following the markers toward his home again, deep down Shinomi still felt tense even though he was further away from the person but a vampire was just as dangerous at a distance compared to close range. Shaking his head he scolded himself for thinking about work when all he should be thinking about was relaxing and having fun.

The vampire shook the younger mans hand when it was offered, “Dante.” he offered as he let his hand go.

He made a mental note of the guys name and watched as he left him, going back the way he had come. Curious, he climbed the closes tree and followed the mortal, keeping a good distance between them, and remaining silent as he tracked him by his supernatural hearing and sense of smell.

When he reached the end of his tracking, he dropped down quietly onto the roof of the house where the young mortal's scent ended. His steps were light as he walked along the pitched roof, crouching when he reached the edge, he focused his hearing on the house below him, waiting for a chance to slip in while the human was busy enough that he wouldn't notice he wasn't completely alone.

Normally he wouldn't have bothered.

Most humans were easy to read, though he refrained from mind raping them, they were still easy enough to figure out. This guy for some reason intrigued him enough to get him interested in finding out more. Maybe he was just bored, and needed something to help pass the time.

Plus, he hadn't feed yet, and though he wasn't particularly hungry. He might try his luck here.

Shinomi was relieved when he reached home and flopped onto his couch for a moment unaware that anyone was even around or had followed him. Brushing some of his hair from his eyes he sighed, "A nice hot shower sounds good right about now..." As he was headed for the bathroom the phone rang making him pick it up.

"Hello? Oh father!...Yes I made it here okay..."

"I have met some of the locals, they're really overly friendly here but I guess I can's complain."

"I know...I'm not thinking about work. Not like I can anyway considering you left me high and dry."

"What? No...I did meet a new neighbor today, his name is Dante. He's...really something, like different but has something about him that I can't put my finger on."

Blushing the male didn't know why he had even mentioned Dante but he couldn't help but want to talk about him to someone. After a few more minutes of talking Shinomi told his father goodbye and finally hung up the phone. "Why did I mention him? We just met moments ago...oh well." Shaking his head the young man disappeared into the bathroom keeping the door cracked a little as he turned on the hot tap in the shower to let the room get steamy the way he loved it.

Dante had listened quietly to the conversation going on inside the house.

The mans voice was a little muffled, but he could still hear well enough, though he couldn't really hear the person on the phone. But the one side was enough to make him give a light chuckle.

So, the man had been intrigued with him.

Not that he couldn't tell, but it was nice to know he had read him well enough. The sound of the shower turning on, made him stand. Now was the time to find out more about his new neighbor. Slipping down to the window below him, he was able to pry the window open, breaking the old lock when he forced it up.

Silently he slipped his tall frame into the house, picking up the broken lock and placing it in his pocket, closing the window behind himself. The sight of the mans bags had him going to them. Very neatly, he looked through them, placing the clothing and other items back accurately. He then searched for the mans wallet. Finding it, he went through that as well, memorizing what he found and leaving everything inside just way he found it.

Satisfied, he moved back to the window, leaving just as silent as he had come, hearing the shower turn off once he was on the roof again. Sitting down, he listened to the man in the house once again.

As he hopped out the shower Shinomi smiled feeling fresh and clean of the sweat he had acquired from his nightly run. "Ahhh nothing like a hot shower to loosen the muscles!" He happily hummed then shivered feeling something was off. Looking around the male walked more into his house and then into his bedroom looking over everything he could licking his lips. "Am I nuts? If feels a bit cooler in here..." Doing a once over of his room he shrugged then went to his bag taking out some boxer and got dressed out of his towel.

Picking up a red book with black bats of different sizes he dug around his back taking out a key he had hidden in a corner and smiled lightly. "I guess I can catch up in my journal before bed."

After making some tea and laying in his bed the teen ended up passing out leaving the tv on, his journal was filled with all kids of adventures, potions, spells, weapon tips,deep dark secrets, and even his own person life as over half the large book had been filled. His most recent writings however were all about Dante and their encounter, he wrote about how attractive and stoic the man had seemed but he felt a odd connection to him.

Lying up on the roof Dante heard something mentioned about a journal, so he waited.

He wondered what would be inside, and so he decided to wait until the human had fallen asleep before making his way back inside. When he finally heard the steady breathing from the room below him, he made his move.

Once again, he slipped into the room, making sure to close the window behind himself. Quietly he moved to the bed, looking down on the sleeping figure of Shinomi for a moment. He watched him to make certain he was deeply asleep despite the television still running, his eyes falling on the red book. His head tilting just slightly, he looked at the large book, finding it odd he'd have bats on it, but then shrugged.

Humans were odd at times.

Carefully he reached for the book, not touching the sleeping man, he folded his legs and sat on the floor beside the bed. He pressed his back against the nightstand, slowly he looked it over, noting that the thing had a lock. Of course it would.

Looking back to the bed, he got to his knees, and looked on the nightstand first, figuring that he would have placed it there and smiled a little when it caught his eye. Sitting back down after grabbing it, he unlocked the book. For the next hour, he read it from start to finish. It didn't take him long to figure out what this guy was.

A hunter.

Then he came to the passage about himself, and he took his time reading it. His eyes moved to the bed, sitting up so he could look at the sleeping figure. After a moment of watching him, he decided he wouldn't kill him, nor will he tell the others what he was.

And why should he?

Just because this guy killed others like himself, didn't mean he felt any need to kill him for it. And from what he read, he couldn't really blame him. But not all vampires, or supernatural creatures deserved to be hunted. But he guess no one really showed him that.

Reading the last entry once more, he closed the book and placed everything back where he found it. Standing, he pulled the covers over the man, and turned away.

He was out of the room and back into the woods within moments, heading back to the house on the hill.

Yawning the next morning Shinomi woke up to the soft sounds of birds chirping and his tv in the background. Sitting up he stretched then shivered feeling the same chill he had felt the night before after his shower. Looking down at his journal he sighed placing it under his pillow then took his keys placing them in a safe place till he could figure out a better hiding place. Ruffling his hair the male got up doing his morning routine and get started for another day.

After a hearty breakfast the young male was once again back inside the forest but this time he had a camera with him. He had been taking pictures for the past few hours and even found his way to a nice looking river where he caught some nice photos of some wild life there. Sitting back on the rock he had met Dante the night before he browsed through the pictures he had taken so far.

Deep down Shinomi was hoping to run into the man again, maybe he would get lucky and Dante would be curious to come out here again. Shaking his head he wasn't going to hold his breath on it as he continued to look through the photos to try and keep his mind off a certain person.

"Wonder what he's doing...maybe cleaning up after that wild party. Wonder what his place is even like...probaly super fancy and high classed..." The male spoke out loud to himself as he slowly leaned back against the rocks feeling its smooth flat surface against the back of his thin jacket, it oddly felt comfortable to him.

Realizing he was still thinking about Dante the male cried out and shook his head sitting up crossing his legs feeling frustrated. "What the hell is wrong with me! Why am I thinking so much about it? I should be thinking about other things! Like...like...like that chill in the house! Yeah that crazy chill!"

Nodding his head he bit his bottom lip, "Maybe the place is haunted..." With that he laughed and brushing his hair from his eyes lightly. "Well its not too far fetched considering...nah no way!"

Dante woke as soon as the digital numbers on the clock by his bed turned to noon.

The darkness around him was quiet, except the sounds of the outside. Sitting up, he slowly stretched out his body, and running his fingers through his hair as he stood. The black thick long strands fell around his shoulders as he walked across his room towards the attached bath.

Switching the lights on, he looked at himself in the mirror. His pale skin wasn't as pale as most of kind, and for that he could be thankful. He was naturally bronzed skinned when he was human, so being turned only washed out the color but so much.

Bright silver eyes looked back at him, reflecting the colors of the room around them before he turned away.

His stomach clenched with hunger since he had forgone feeding the night before, though there had been plenty Host at the party. Deciding to get one later, he moved towards the shower, taking his time as the hot water warmed him. When he was done, he dressed and left his room.

The house had been cleaned from last nights party while he and the others slept by the staff he kept employed there. His thoughts went to the hunter from last night as he walked the halls. He was very curious as to why he was really there.

Did he come there to search for supernatural creatures to hunt?

Maybe he heard about him and his small coven here and wanted to rid of them. The only way for him to find out was to find him again, and confront him.

But how...?

His thoughts were broken as he walked down the stairs and heard his name spoken by the smiling woman standing at the foot of the steps. He smiled in return at the brunette middle aged woman.

“Hello Brenna.” he greeted as he stopped on the last step. “I hope your day has been a good one so far.”

Brenna gave her head a nod with her smile still in place, her warm brown eyes behind her glasses “It has.” she replied “ I have Jeremy waiting in his room for you.” she added.

Dante gave her a pat on the shoulder as he walked from the stairs, turning to his left toward the main level bedrooms. It was one of the things he liked about Brenna. Though human, she ran his household with a efficiency of a army sergeant. She saw to all their needs without having to be told most times, and she was loyal to no one but he and the others.

Once he reached the end of the hall, he simply walked into the room before him.

Jeremy, as Brenna had promised was waiting for him, sitting on the edge of his bed shirtless and a smile on his lips. Dante gave him a small smile as he closed the door behind himself, and walked to the bed, the small male looking up at him without any fear, though his heart was beating a little faster in anticipation at his closeness.

Androgynous, Jeremy had large pale blue eyes in a face most took for a girls. His collar length blond hair was so light that it looked white, and naturally pale skin that seemed to glow with health in the sunlight coming through his windows. He was by far Dante's favorite Host.

When he was done, he left the room, leaving Jeremy to sleep, he decided he would go out and find the man that had been occupying his mind for some answers.

• 3 weeks later...

After a while Shinomi had taken out his sketchbook from his backpack he had went back home to get and was sitting back on the rock he had met Dante at but this time he was busy concentrating on drawing. Looking up from the book he watched as a rabbit had seemed to be eating a few blades of grass that stuck out from the thick carpet of leaves on the forest floor. Smiling lightly he enjoyed having that small bit of company as it felt much nicer out in the wild like this, there was no way he'd be able to relax like this back home. Taking out his portable paint kit he began to water color his drawing as the subject didn't even seem to mind he was even there.

The wild life didn't seem to be as afraid of people compared to other places he had visited where there was wild life present. Sighing lightly he continued to paint but then got an odd chill up his spine as it didn't make him stop but his guard was suddenly on high alert. 'Someone is watching me... He thought as he tried to see if he could spot the intruder in the corner of his eye but sadly it felt as if he was either right in front of him or right behind him. Shinomi didn't want to spook the person or thing that had its eyes on him but he began to feel another slight pain in his arm making him lowly hiss out then put his paint brush away back in its small box.

Moving to hang his legs over the side of the rock he pretended to stretch allowing his head to move side to side as his eyes scanned the trees. He noticed the rabbit was also on guard then soon had scurried off making him pout disappointed, "Damn...I wasn't finished yet." He grumbled standing up licking his bottom lip then stood up fully. "Wonder what Dante is up to..." He purposefully spoke out as he couldn't help but be a little curious that his possible watcher could be the very man himself.

Dante smiled lightly at the other mans words.

He wondered what he was up to huh?

Well at that moment he was watching him, wondering why he was there when last night he had told him this was private property, but once again, he was unconcerned with his being there at all. Even knowing he was a hunter. But it saved him from tracking him down, so he could be happy for small favors.

In a blink, he was directly behind the young human without giving himself away.

“Boo...” he said lowly

Hearing the word only made Shinomi squeak out and jump not expecting the oldest trick in the book to startle him in such a manner. "Y-You! I mean Dante!" The boy called out looking at the other standing up blushing lightly and huffed. "Hmp very funny..." He mumbled looking over the other as he couldn't help but to admire his tall frame and felt a slight blush rising to his cheeks making him look away biting his bottom lip softly.

"So urm Its nice seeing you here again, I-I mean it is your property and yeah. Wanna go get some coffee or something with me in town? I'm pretty bored and hoped maybe you'd have some extra time on your own hands that maybe we can get to know each other since we'll be...neighbors for a while." Shinomi carefully worded hoping he didn't sound like a rambling moron in front of the man.

Dante fought down the laughter at the others expense when he jumped and squealed.

Though it was right down hilarious.

He couldn't help the small smile as he watched the young hunter checking him out, chuckling inwardly at the blush on his cheeks. As the other spoke about going to get some coffee, he tilted his head a little, the sunlight catching in the pale silver of his eyes, the same smile on his face.

He straightened from the rock he had been leaning on.

“It just so happened I was going to go look for you anyway.” he told him as he walked around he boulder “I have nothing else to do, and my house mates are all still resting from last nights party.”

He stopped a few steps from the human, looking down on him with a mixture of mild amusement and interest.

“So I'm all yours for the foreseeable future.” he intoned.

As Dante told Shinomi he was looking for him he couldn't help but to feel his blush growing making him try harder to look away from the other male taken aback. 'Come on Shinomi calm down! Get a hold of yourself dammit!'

"Oh really? Did I leave that big of an impression on you?" He chuckled softly relaxing once again as he moved to start walking coaxing the male to follow him. "Lets head to town its not a far walk if you don't mind walking it'll give us some time to talk without people staring and being nosy."

As they began to walk he brush his fingers through his hair lightly as he bit his bottom lip softly humming, "So I take it the party last night was a success? Do you have parties like that all the time?" He started to ask trying to get a conversation going between them as they reached a road and started heading in the direction of the male's house.

"Sorry I gotta get something out of my house right quick! Come in and wait it'll only take me a moment." The young male spoke unlocking his door and walking into the house heading up the stairs leaving Dante near the living room.

“It seems you have,” Dante responded to the younger mans questions “enough for me to be intrigued.”

Turning to follow the hunter, Dante gave a small hymn “Not really. Whenever the mood strikes I guess.” he answered the question about the party.

His coven mates liked their excitement.

Once they were inside the house, and he was left alone, Dante took the moment to have a look around him. He didn't leave the living room, he didn't want to seem like he was snooping. Though he had done just that last night when he broke in the night before.

Reading the others journal left no doubt in his mind that Shinomi would be ready to try and kill him. But for some reason, the thought of him knowing was much more appealing the more time he thought on it. Perhaps he should wait for a little more, then tell him.

Like in a day or two, get to know the other more first.

Leaning on the wall near the stairs, he waited.

• 3 weeks later...

Shinomi returned to his bedroom as he grabbed for his wallet and some cash his parents had sent him to use while in the country. He looked over to his bed then walked over taking the key to his journal and then dug in his bags for something, once having it the male had the key on a light chain and tucked it into his shirt out of sight. Looking himself over in the mirror he soon walked out heading back down the stairs relieved that Dante was still there waiting for him.

"Sorry I still haven't unpacked much so stuff is pretty much everywhere..." The male lightly chuckled the headed out the door watching the other, once he was out Shinomi closed and locked his door stuffing the key chain into his pocket.

"Lets head into town, how about you show me around a bit? Just kidding..." He softly chuckled feeling silly asking the other for a tour of such a small place that all he had to do was stand in one spot and do a full 360 the he would have seen the whole town in a few seconds. "How about the cafe first? I can go for something warm and sweet to drink right now."

Dante gave a small smile to his request of showing him around.

“I could do that.” he replied “Surely you don't think that there aren't any worth while places around here.”

He fell into step with the other man, keeping his strides at the same pace of his shorter companion. He stuffed his hands into the pockets of his black leather jacket, his long black hair being driven from his face by the wind as they walked. He spoke with Shinomi on the way about very minor things, like his day so far, and what he had done before he saw him again.

The walk to the inner part of the town didn't take long, and it seemed the vampire knew just about everyone there.

Considering he was the richest person in the area, and his coven mates tended to throw parties of all kinds, the people that lived there year around knew him, just not overly personally.

Once they reached the cafe, he opened the door and allowed the younger man through first.

After a friendly greeting to the people working behind the counter and introducing the hunter to them, they grabbed a table once they ordered. Sitting down while their drinks were being made, Dante got comfortable, stretching his legs out under the table. His silver eyes moved to the other man when he joined him

“So Shinomi, how do you like your stay so far?” he asked him with a faint smile and open curiosity.

Seeing the other opening the door for him he smiled and walked inside smelling the amazing smell of coffee and spices in the cafe. Walking over to the counter Shinomi blushed feeling a bit shy at being introduced so suddenly but politely spoke his hellos then ordered a hot chai tea latte, his most favorite drink and a chocolate chocolate chip muffin to go with it feeling a bit hungry. After they ordered he sat down at the table looking at the other studying his features.

"So far its really nice compared to my life back home, its nice to sleep in and not worry about tra-...stuff."

The male softly spoke out blushing almost saying too much to the other, how and why he did that confused him as he was usually so well composed around others what made Dante any different?

"Anyway, living in the country is a huge difference from the city life, I love sleeping fully through the night without hearing some loud car zooming pass at all hours of the night."

As the male could feel the other looking at him he brushed his fingers through his dark locks trying not to blush, this was crazy why was he reacting so much around the other.

"You seem to be really popular with the people here, it seemed like everyone we passed on the way here said hello to you." The young male teased then heard their order being ready as he stood from his seat about to go and get them.

Dante kept his features open and interested.

He noticed how the younger man reacted while speaking to him, so placed a small easy going smile on his face to help keep him from being so nervous. At his comment about his popularity, he gave a nod of his head. He motioned for him to stay in his seat and he went to get their order himself, bringing it back to their table.

He placed the cups down as he retook his seat.

“In a area like this,if you live in the largest house, people tend to want to know you. Not to mention we have parties quite often, and most of the people here attend, so they know me, but most of them are only acquaintances. I don't really befriend people who are only interested in me because I have money. Had too many of them to count.” he said before he took his first drink.

Lowering his cup, he studied the other man across from him

“So, what did you need a vacation from? Work? Stressful life? Or just did you just want a different place to explore since I keep finding you near my home.” he gave a light teasing smile “You couldn't have missed me so soon.”

• 3 months later...

Looking at Dante Shinomi lightly chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck at the man's questioning eyes as he sighed lightly. "Its kinda all of the above...you can say I loved my job so much I became a workaholic at such a young age before I even realized it. I had a really bad breakup before I took on my job and I guess at first I worked really hard to try and forget about that horrible person then my passion for my job just happened to grow. My family didn't see it as something I should be doing yet, I didn't have much of a social life either so they pretty much sent me on this little break."

Taking a sip of his hot tea Shinomi shivered as his cheeks flushed a dark red color before he lightly chuckled, "I have always wanted to travel outside of England though and being sent to this little town has really opened my eyes to the world a bit..." Hearing the slight teasing only made the human mockingly glare at the other as he lightly smirked, "Well you didn't hesitate to tag along with me to come get a nice hot drink and chit-chat." Smiling playfully he winked to the older male as he softly giggled and took another sip of his tea.

"What about you? What do you like about this place? Hearing that you have parties often I didn't think this sort of quiet scene suited the life of a partier. I'm not the social type anyway being in a room full of crowded sweating people makes me a bit nervous."