Need a guide or someone to tell me what yaoi is,kinda lost

DyingRemnant33

I need help, I really don't understand yaoi. I don't really get why they r made n i only watch it cuz I like good stories n whatever but I heed help on the purpose of it n why people like it. But I don't know what specifically watch or read, im really young n being a male its hard to find others in person who enjoy it

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DyingRemnant33

• Ero Gaki

• seiragureisu

• Tetsu

Yaoi is a forbidden but very hawt and passionate love between two guys. It is usually r18 and all.

If i were you, i should start reading Shounen Ai (Soft BL) Manga first before Yaoi (Hard BL)

Try reading Kanjou Spectrum, Hana wa Saku ka, Only the Flower Knows, Seven Days, and Aitsu no Daihonmei.

I think Yaoi is made to target female audiences. Same for Yuri and Hentai, it targets majority of male viewers than females.

True, it really is hard to find a Yaoi Lover in real life. :(

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
ok thanks, lol so its for females? Hmmm well I guess I should change to look at other things

not really

I am a male and enjoys yaoi too ^__^

yaoi is when person with a peepee does weird stuff with another person with a peepee :3

Yaoi is boy love. It is usually written/drawn by women, and is targeted predominately at women. If you want "Boy" stuff, then you might want to have a look at Bara, which is written/drawn by men and targeted at men...

The Boys in Yaoi are usually effeminate and "pretty", and the boys in Bara are heavily muscled and hairy looking...

I guess it just depends on what you're into...

Dude, There's a term for male audiences who loves Yaoi. It's Fudanshi. There's nothing wrong with watching Yaoi, i mean, it targets MAJORITY of female only, NOT females solely. So stay put with Yaoi ne? :D

heyy im 19 im old enough to understand what they do in yaoi lol.

uhh I never knew there were terms in yaoi haha, oh man im such a rookie in this

I would love a detailed description of the genre too. I am still trying to grasp the reason and meaning of yaoi. Or, rather than obtaining an explaination of what does it "mean" (since I can easily google it right now), I'd like to know WHY is it the way it is and how is it so appealing for us?

*winks* just a bit of thought...
maybe this will help..:)

to put it bluntly and to not confused bout the wordings / genre..

Yaoi, Yuri, and Hentai... all of them are for those who are open minded and matured enough to understand the way sexuality... well it's all about love and of course with intimate and sexual relationship.

Yaoi is a story about same gender (male) falling inlove and doing some erotic stuffs.

YURI is a vice versa..

=now, it's up to you what will you choose to be interested in.. well as for this family we all love Yaoi than the other..

it is more romantic and it's against all odds... so it's more interesting... *grins*

and if you're comfortable seeing this...:

18+

2rfuc0p.jpg[/img]

then you belong!!!! *clapclap*

hope this will help...:)

*winks* so that means you really into Yaoi.. no question ask... hahah your body will endure the sweetness of yaoi... *grins*

I actually could be in a yaoi movie,cuz I've got the body n looks for it, n I'm really good at acting but most actors in yaoi movies aren't gay n just do it for money

• 2 weeks later...

this is interesting.. hmm.yaoi in a simple sense, is a love between 2 men. since your underage or something of that sort, don't read yaoi yet, read shounen ai first for it will guide you and it will give you an idea on what is yaoi and what are the things that will happen in yaoi.. i don't know, maybe people created yaoi, maybe because they see pleasure in it, it definitely picture out the gay situation(s). since in reality, people discriminate them and persecute them, so in yaoi, they may atleast able to feel that there is something in this reality that is somewhat connected, i guess, to them.

people like yaoi, i personally like yaoi because it interest me, it arouses my imagination not only in pervy things*grins* but a kind of imagination which arouses your reason. it does not just give me the pleasure of the senses but also the pleasure of the mind/intellect.well, that is for me, i don't know if people feel it the way i do.

if your straight then, read shounen ai first. most yaoi fans, i guess, are females..