About the hack today

Key

It's been a pretty hectic day so far, as someone hacked YO. The forum was displaying the hacker's message and kept playing a background song (which still echoes in my ears XD)

2qu3xbl.jpg

Apparently the hacker exploited a weak point in vBulletin. After almost 3 hours of work, we managed to clean all the malicious code the hacker inserted. We've also implemented some additional security measures.

The members accounts weren't affected, but if you want you can still change your password. Again, this is not required, but you can do it if it makes you feel more at ease.

No information was leaked, as the hacker only managed to 'play' with the forum's templates.

With the new security measures added the chances that such an attack would occur again are much much lower.

Thank you all for the continuous support!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• Aoi

• italics

• OtakuMadness

ahh that's one i saw when trying to view forum

so it's a hacker =___=

hope YO will be safe from the hacker.

Thank

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
for ur announcement

Thank you for the hard work!

Yea the song "Haunted" got stuck in my head too XD

Again, thank you for the hard work : )

That scared me for YO's sake.

Thank you!

I remember just sitting here normally as usual. I refreshed my browser to see the news, but instead of the vBulletin page I got the creepy music and the message. I told

about it and
, and from there a lot of people saw it too. I got so scared, I thought it was my own computer being hacked! xD

I'm glad it's fixed now, and I'll hate that song forever now. ._.

Thank you

for all of your work! I hope YO will stay safe in the future!

I think it was retarded someone took the time to hack a Yaoi Site....

Not sure why they wasted their time...

They should be using that talent to join Anonymous and do something useful...

Anyway great job!

Thanks @Key for the update! Even though I'm still a little new around here I got worried once it went down and I kept thinking "hackers? Or are they working on it?" so I waited until it was back up. I'm glad it's running great~ Keep up the great work.

Grrrr... Frikin Script kiddies.. what was the point even? -//-; They managed to deface a publically accessible and open source forum platform. Is that really something to brag about? :/

I'm so happy it was just something to do with templates and not database stuff! ^///^ You guys are awesome! Love you!

Did you happen to get any usable information as to who it might be? Like, for instance, an IP address?

Yeah, luckily it wasn't more than that. And with this occasion we implemented some extra security measures as well.

We did, but most probably the attacker was hiding behind a proxy.

Ehh, so that's why I couldn't access YO, it kept saying error or unavailable or something.

Well, now, that's good. I think the hackers are just trolling. Internet these days aren't safe. Hack here, hack there. ;~;

Thank you very much, Key-sama, for your announcement. :"D Gambatte~! Thank you so much for your hard work! ^^

Thank you Key for the announcement. Even though I wasn't affected by the hack (as some intuition told me not to use my computer yesterday), still thank you for clearing up the mess by those hackers. I agree to the fact that hackers are horrible, so far, I have been hacked three times already to know how tiring it is to due with them. Now I have everything in high security (one can never know when they might strike again).

I wasn't online yesterday, and I was surprised when I saw this announcement. O_O Some people are really evil..

Thanks to the staff for the hard work.

I'm just glad YO! Is safe I didn't hear the song but it was to late the site went down. I never realized what happen until friends said something and/or I seen it be talked about in the forums.