Graceling Recruitment

Lady.Taser

Basically i wanna do an rp based in the world from the book Graceling. A graceling is a person who at spme point during their infancy will wake up with eyes of differing colours. These individuals have skill at which they excel, cooking, fighting, holding their breath and so many more. They are hated and from the moment their eyes settle become the kings property. When their grace shows itself tjey are either deemed useful and given a job in the kings palace, or un useful and sent home.

The rp takes place after the book graceling. The king of Monsea, Leck has been killed by the graceling Katsa. Bitterblue takes over a kingdom waking up from years of tyrannical rule under king Leck who had a mind manipulating grace. The other 5 kingdoms on the mainland are also starting to wake up and rebel against their own kings with the help of the council

If anyone is interested i will post more onthe plot idea i have... And maybe when i'm at a computer not a phone lol. xD

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady.Taser

• BlaqueCatt

• blurbur

Hehe well i have 4 more hours of work so in about 5 i will post information up for you.

hehe didn't expect a response that fast XD

also if anyone else is intetested let me know. Can always change the timeline to have a different rp XD

lol mk dokii since we live like on opposites sides of the world I'll try to get to you as soon as possible. because I'm an utter roleplaying slut (I love role playing not an actual slut ;D!) so i love to go full out on role plays But anything is suitable. :D!!

Haha i can give you the author name as well if you want. XD i would usually be asleep now.... Just on the quietest night shift i have done yet lol.

Got bored and decided to post the thread lol XD i enjoy rps too provided i get actual responses from my rp partner.. Not 2 lines of writing lol

oh trust me I can write essays if needed i even have an example if you want it, I wrote it just recently for the group rp I'm doing on here. and I looked up the book and it already has three books out already. I guess i need to get ordering so i can stand a chance in this rp haha x'D if i read the summary it will spoil the awesomness of the book.

Haha you only need to read graceling for this. Fire is set before it but in the dells and while we can go there if you want at this point the characters don't know about the dells

Bitterblue is set years after graceling. I personally enjoy rereading all 3 books but you only need to know graceling XD

If you wanna read it first did you want me to wait on giving tou more information for plot?

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

right i have an idea here. It is really flexible if you wanna change things. I also have another idea if you do wanna hear it.

2 graced boys meet as children at the kings palace and grow up together, becoming good friends. Both have a happy open personality. (x)'s grace is identified when he is about 10/11 as a fighting grace. He is employed and trained, yet still finds time for his friend. (y)'s grace doesn't become apparent for another 5+ years. It is useless and he is sent home, finding only scorn and hatred he becomes bitter and untrusting.

They meet again due to council work; both having their own reason to fight.

K second one changes the book canon, but only slightly. Raffin prince of the middluns is gay (that is canon) that change would be that a woman accused him of making her pregnant and gave birth to a son. Raffin made a deal with her, that he will accept the child as his if she will never appear before him, the child or the courts. She agreed. This happened when Raffin was 17.

19 years later the child is now carryinf out missions for his father and the council. He has grown accustomed to gracelings and even finds them better company. On a mission to a border village he meets a man abput 5 years older than him, scruffy and unkempt. Bruises from obvious abuse and two different coloured eyes. This graceling was sent home from a neighboring kingdom, he was sent home as no one could identify his grace, his parents already long dead and doesn't understand kindess. He is a mute so was even bullied by the other gracelings as he grew up.

*glomps* sure XD, hmm we should be able to work the plots together is we have enough people for a group rp, just need to know the position of everyones character.

I rp Ukes.

I usually do ukes as well; I can do semes but I'm not as good at it. Thanks for accepting me by the way, I've been looking for an active roleplay on here. No one's joined mine yet; it seems like not many people roleplay on here.

Okay XD, so which plot did you guys like the sound of more

and we can figure out how to adapt it for 3 people. Blurbur, do you play Semes?

I read both of the plots and either one sounds fine for me, but I think the first would work better with three people because we could have x, y, and z boys. If we did the second one with three the traveler could have a companion of sorts, I guess.

Yeah the first one works alot better for the x y and z. So we could fo the first one. The second one is more developed and we would either have to seperate, but having a group is more apt and fun to do it. if we could get one more person it would considered a group but since we have three it could be a love triangle to say.

do you guys want to wait to see if we can get someone else for a group or go ahead with 3.

Any if we go ahead with 3 then z could have an unuseful grace, but it was found about the same time as x's grace and he was sent home. So when he meets them again it takes slightly longer to realise he knows them, but he doesn't hold the same bitterness

3 is fine for me, who do we want the seme to be, e.g.

what character do you like the most XD

It doesnt matter to me. I can be the one with the useless grace. With a personality that he hides his kindness with a horrid personality, ect. I could be the one that was sent home if you'd like. It depends on your flexibility lol x'D