So it has come to my attention..

Lao☆kun

At least technically I'm on the female side, and I think I may know of at least one main reason why it's mostly females on this type of site. It's because of the body types involved. Regardless of overall sexuality there are body types most women tend to like more than most men do. There's usually only so big that anime based guys tend to be..bodily and otherwise :p

When you get more diversity to the body types you get more diversity to the artists and fans. There's a site that I visit regularly called y!gallery. It only allows males to be depecited with a significant focus level on them, but there's a club for just about every body and fetish type you can, and maybe can't on your own, think of. I've seen polls on there that show that a site like that has a more balanced artist and fan base than Anime type sites do. If you decide to visit y!gallery mind your search filters...so much 'out there' art to chip at the sanity XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ero Gaki

• Lao☆kun

• blurbur

• Anessen

Hmmmm :D .......like all the other posts, I think there are more girls here than boys. :) I guess girls have less inhibition, especially because we live in a Patriarchal society and the male gender are expected to be macho and inclined to do macho stuff....

but, Hey, its 2013. :D

when I started here, I usually meet female fans but there were also quite a number of male fans. Hahahaha, eitherway :D, let's all be good friends, have FUN and spread YAOI LOVE!!!..:D *laughs loudly and distinctively*

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to continue tipping the scale, but I'm also a girl ;-)

I believe

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
has a point: the main reason why I started reading manga was because I found the grafics so beautiful. But the gender aspect and gender stereotypes are unfortunately also engraved within me: I assume that nearly every person here who posts with a male picture isautomatically male of the nick doesn't su...only to then be corrected "I'm not a Mr!" I' sure have a blind spot-I myself have a male pic and didn't even realize it lol *laughs at herself*