TPD: Handcuffed to Destiny

Lao☆kun

After the rain, comes the sun.. My child.

That's what she'd say.. Yes, each time I'd get upset. She'd stroke my hair softly and say simply.. After the rain, Will come the sun. Mother, if you only were here to do that now..It's pouring.

Chapter 1: He with strong will, conquers all obstacles

"Ah..So this is Tokyo" A smooth voice called out, It belonging to a young man with cut short silver hair and eyes to match along with them, a smile only movie stars would flash and the overall beauty of a prince. If only he thought that way, the modest diamond in the rough stepping into a new world. He went by the name RaosuSune Arakaki, brought up from a quiet home in Orehama, and that young man being me. "So many things to do today, I'm so glad I made it here by morning!" I stretched and sighed, pulling my suitcase along with me as I thought of my new apartment "It better be as he explained it.." worrying over things I didn't notice until last minute before I bumped into an older man. He stood tall 6ft, brown hair, turning around with shades and a smile on "Hey! You look tired of walking kid. How about buying a used car?~ I looked up at him and didn't hesitate to answer "How about a brand new car instead?" feeling safer that way. He grinned and lead the way "I can tell your not from around here so be careful kid, lots of trouble around the streets of Tokyo. And the victims are always little innocent idiots like you, don't go flashing money like that" At that comment, the corner of my lips curved into a content smirk "It's a good thing starting today after the welcome ceremony, I'll be a police officer for the TPD " He stopped and looked at me "Well, I'll be damned" After buying a black sports car and moving into to my apartment it was no time left for me to relax, the welcome ceremony of all the new recruits was about to start in thirty minutes. So I took a shower, fixed my hair,slipped on dress pants along with a shirt and tie. I was ready to follow in my father's footsteps, one of the best policemen Tokyo had to offer.

Do you want the story to continue? . Yes (thumbs up) Not interested (thumbs down)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lao☆kun

• Trump94

• Arekushisu

I was a know it all, I'll admit. I swore I knew everything. I learned every corner of Tokyo. But I didn't know how to point a gun at someone without shaking..

Chapter 2: When a man confuses Destiny with Fate

"Alright! Come on, get up! We've got a bunch of rookies waiting to be assigned a partner and we don't have time for you men to be gazing into eachothers eyes, lets get this over with." the head of the department, Chief Kazunowa clapped his hands getting his men's attention. All except Hiro of course, the jet black haired celebrity of law enforcement. He slowly opened ice blue eyes and wondered where everyone was heading, sitting up and calling out towards the Chief "Hey chief, where is everyone going?" His cold but tired voice questioned. Although currently being the best policeman in Tokyo, Hiro Orezowa wasn't superhuman. It would be too much on him and so he'd doze off in the office at times like these, when no cases were assigned to him. The chief hit him over the head lightly with a roll of newspapers "If you were listening you'd know that all the new recruits are here from the ceremony. Get down to the main office to grab a partner. You'll need to show him or her the ropes." Afterwards he turned and walked to the door before suddenly pausing. "And another thing, Orezowa... Get some rest tonight will you?" Chief left the room as Hiro sighed rubbing his face in exhaustion "I don't want a damn rookie, What good will that be on the streets.. Dammit." Getting up to his feet Hiro shoved one hand in his pocket and fixed his tie with the other before arriving into the main hall 'fashionably late' even so his calm, cool and collected personality caught the attention of most in the room. Not taking this situation seriously, he pointed his finger at the new recruits playing a game until his finger pointed at a certain head of silver hair. "Raosu..!?" wasting no time Hiro approched me, I was too scared and confused to recognize my childhood friend. "U-uh.. Um.. Yes?" standing in awkward silence until my eyes began to widen "No way..H-hiro?!" Passed cloud nine by now Hiro nodded his head "The one and only! What the hell are you doing in Tokyo?!" He smiled and hooked his arm around my shoulder before messing up my hair, meanwhile I'm laughing managing to answer "What do you think? I'm here being an police officer!" I pushed him, catching my breath from all the laughter. Not noticing that our little reunion made the hall quiet. That is till the chief arrived looking a little less grumpier than usual "I see you've picked your new partner. Arakaki right?" I nodded in embarrassment, while trying to ignore Hiro's childish behavior. "Please take care of this big idiot, He needs it." At that comment I couldn't hold it in anymore and started laughing again. "What!? Stop laughing that's a lie!" Hiro shouted, flustered. The chief shook his head in disbelief noticing how we start to behave when around eachother and sighed Or maybe I'll pray for the both of you.. sheesh." He walked off convinced he has two knuckleheads to worry about now. I smile slightly as I patted Hiro's shoulder "You're still the same, aren't you?" He smiled in return, holding his hand above my head "Not you though, you've gotten taller. can't call you Raosu-chan anymore huh?" he chuckled a bit as I shook my head in reply. Lowering my gaze I mumbled " No I suppose not.. It's been a long time, hasn't it.." recalling the day he moved when we were younger. Hiro gestured me to look back up then answered "No, you were always here" He patted my chest over my heart and I blushed before hugging him "See we're connected like twins, I knew you were looking out for me as I did for you. Like the big brother I always dreamed about.." Hiro hugged back tightly,sighing to himself as he tried to hide the disappointment in his face."So, ready for a tour?" His softened blue eyes gazed questioningly. I smiled and held a thumbs up "Lead the way" And so we left the station together chatting down memory lane.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This story is like a Roleplay. I apologize that the view points change.. I've been very sick and still working on getting better but I'd like to continue my story.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
sake

ah!!! I have been waiting for new ones!! I can't wait to hear from you again keep fighting on getting better!

• 5 months later...

Key of reading: The story usually starts as a narrative introduction. Then as characters interact it is my perspective.

A kind of solo role-play story. {For those who felt thrown off a bit、sorry n n} with that here is chapter 3.

"Come here little one, tell me..when you gaze at the moon what do you feel?"

"I feel... happy.. mommy, do you?"

....Why on earth do I remember that now?... The night I felt my mother's embrace weaken while we gazed at the moon..from her death bed.. Why?

Chapter 3: A soul that sleeps in Nostalgia

That morning I awoke with damp pillow sheets and teary eyes. Sweating and desperate for something else to put my mind on. With a trembling hand I dialed Hiro's number and held the phone close to my ear with my eyes shut tight. I haven't had a dream like this nor anxiety attack in years..and I felt sick to my stomach. The sound of Hiro's voice invaded my thoughts. He groaned but spoke softly "Yeah..? Don't know it's five in the morning?" For some reason the words would not form from my lips. It was just like the time my mother first fell ill and I found her on the kitchen floor faint. At five years old I ran to Hiro and cried trying to make out the words to explain. My lips parted and all I could do is cry "H..Help..help...please.." Hiro, alarmed, told me to stay put then hung up. I pulled my covers up to my face quietly. I struggled to breathe calmly and I felt so confused. "Why...why now.." It felt like forever by time my door slammed open and Hiro came busting through out of breath. I raised my head with my eyes stained with tears. Hiro sat at my bedside and pulled me close, tightly. That's how we remained.. no questions asked. I thought to myself {Hiro...you don't see it..do you? How much you changed..} It was not the first he eased my pain but this feeling was strange. Surely he is the one responsible for this feeling right? Or maybe I just became weird on my own. That is when Hiro's arms held me tighter and his voice broke silence "Laoshin..Have you been having anxiety attacks like these often? How did this happen?" I smiled helplessly and nodded "I had a bad dream...I'm sorry to burden you.. I know we aren't children anymore" Hiro's soft gaze turned into an irritated glare "I don't care how old and mature you get or act. When things like this happen you call me, Idiot! You started to talk like this ever since–then.." I pushed hiro weakly "When..huh..?! When Hiro?!" tears fell onto my lap while I hit on him with little strength. Hiro grabbed my wrists in hopes to end my tantrum "It was not your fault! Why are you acting as though it is?! The situation was out of your hands Laoshin! You were a child... Just. A. Child.." I wanted to make him see what I saw and felt. How everyone I loved abandoned me. "My father.. died as a police officer.. My mother.. victim and taken away from me by Sickle cell.. and you move ALL THE WAY FROM OKINAWA.. to Tokyo..! You LEFT me!! You bastard... I trusted you!" In the middle of my rant Hiro grabbed my face and kissed me gently. All this time I thought I was chasing after my father's career and fame when in reality I was chasing Hiro, just to tell him how betrayed I felt. The touch of his lips paralyzed me.. and I was.. Captivated.

Gomen ne. laoshin and Raosu are the same. I knowing that stuff personally I kind of slipped up. I will go back to say Raosu ,_,

This is just strange.. What was that last night?! Right after kissing me...Hiro left without word... Hiro...Kissed me..

Chapter 4: Never mix work with Pleasure

The following day was bleak for the most part, While working with Hiro in the office he almost seemed to avoid me and converse better with others. I felt so distraught and alone..perhaps this is my fault. As Day turned into evening work was done for the day and I got into the car with Hiro. We drove around in silence, I in the passenger seat and he driving. I felt lost and could still feel this lingering touch as if there was a connection. {It is only shock and maybe he just did it to shut me up..} In my thoughts I eased my confusion and locked away any further questions. In attempt to break the gloomy silence I spoke abruptly "A-ah..Hiro..Can I play some music?" I could see him tense up as he turned his head away and nodded. "None of that pop music crap..." I reached over and turned up the radio ignoring his words. It was some female girl group from Korea that became popular in Tokyo. I leaned back and quietly hummed the tune with a slight smile on my face. Hiro grunted and pulled over into an empty lot underneath dim street lamps. The only reason I am even here with Sir grumps a lot is because he takes his job to the next level. Always driving around out of suspicion. But this location...Would it make me less of a man to think it was scary? In the distance I could see nothing..it was just like we drove onto the last piece of land under a street lamp and the rest of the world had fallen to bits. Glancing at Hiro I spoke quietly "Can..can we pick another place to go? This seems a bit too abandoned to be any danger here.." Hiro's ice blue gaze met mine for the first time today and a jolt of confusion and fear ran through my body as I attempted to question his motives. "H-...Hiro..?" In return he sighed "I can't take you seriously, Raosu.. Did you really want to be a cop or play cop? We are not kids running around pretending to be heroes.. Don't you get that? Grow some why don't you?" My eyes widened slightly in surprise by his dishearten words and immediately turned away from him, pained. "Maybe I will grow a pair..when you grow a heart..." voice shaken by my emotions overwhelming for god knows what. Hiro reached towards my shoulder when suddenly a bullet crashed into my window, lodged in place right where my left eye froze in blank fear. Hiro turned on the high-beams after pulling me down and sped off, shots fired from the left side of the car and riddled the door. Hiro called for backup and in little to no time two nearby police cars showed up to the scene and shot at the rather young delinquents in their teens. Scared for them I grabbed the mic and shouted " CEASE FIRE!!!!" Hiro got out from the car holding his gun. The two other cop cars had only one policemen. They began to chase the boys and disappeared in the dark with only their flashlights, faint flashes of red and blue from the cars all lined up. I looked around desperately for hiro from inside the car. from behind the car I could hear footsteps crush grass beneath them. I slowly reached for my gun when the click of a locked bullet came to my ears. The young man smirked contently when he spoke "That's right..You have the right to remain silent and all that bullshit.. Get out the car and no funny shit.. leave the gun." This has only been my first week working...and I die?! I obey quietly and step out of the car only to be kneed in the stomach and forced to walk over in the light of the Hi-beams where Hiro would come back to see me. How could I have been so useless. I kneeled on both legs breathing heavily in pain from the blow "I'm sorry..sorry..Hiro" in the middle of my helpless mumbling the delinquent whipped me with his pistol until i fell on the ground completely. The small view of flashlights came back in view from afar which I could tell pleased the child. In that moment I decided to not think..at all. Kicking him from under his feet he dropped the gun which shot and grazed my side deeply. At the sound of the gunshot they all came running with the other delinquents rounded up and handcuffed. I held mine with a tired smile on my face "Did I grow any..eh?" all i could do was laugh holding the boy who cursed and struggled to break free. Hiro stood there with a look of horror on his face realizing the blood was mine not the kid's. "..Get them out of my sight before I kill them..then even I will have to go to jail.." With those words his underlings hurried to his order. Later that night when things had settled down and the well known terrors of Shinjuku were arrested I sat in the hospital holding my wrapped minor wound. Hiro's eyes seemed a lot more sad than cold during the ride home and once again I felt there was nothing I could do..