Chat.

KoreWaWatashiDesuXI

How come no one uses the chat option on here?

Back in my early days here, the chat room was where it was at.

Groovy! o.O

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• KoreWaWatashiDesuXI

• Tetsu

• Gaia

Many members use the chat. On the chat you only see your friends, the ones who are online in the same time as you. So the list is different for each member of the forum, depending on their friendlist.

If you saw 0 members on the chat it means that none of your friends was online at that time, not that no one was using the chat.

For now this is the best chat system for vBulletin, but we are searching for alternatives as well.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking more of a vertical ''chat box/room'' all the way up beneath your header and ''Forum / Activity / Games etc''.

An open one like the small right box down except the size would be bigger (like the header) and every registered member is allowed to read & type.

To minimize traffic & lags you can put a rule like ''access chatbox for registered members only after 25 posts", this way you'll keep those out who only comes to download & stream.

I don't know anything about sites, building them or vBullitin so sorry if it's a bad suggestion :_red_fox 14

We are testing a new chat system that allows Group Chat as well, besides one-on-one chat and small groups private chat.

I marked in the image below both the group chat and the chat button that starts a one-on-one private chat.

11shwzr.jpg

In order to open a private chat with a small group of members (maybe your friends only), after you open a one-on-one chat, click on the Add button as marked in the image below and drag and drop members you want to invite from the list.

102lbx5.jpg

If you want to turn off the sound or the whole chat, you can do so from the top-right menu

rkq7og.jpg

This chat is still in testing, we'll decide which is better, this one or the previous one.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
- still no invisible mode D; lol

But it's cool! I think the ones there now pretty much enjoys it. : )

I, myself is enjoying it. *thumbs*

Hey Boss! :D

Hum... for some reason, it says that the chat is full.

And login or option to try entering chat doesn't even show up... :(

Is it happening to somebody else?! O_o

The down side of this chat is that it only allows 25 members on chat at a time. When all places are filled, that message is displayed. When a place is freed up, the chat shows up.

I'm having a problem i've tried turning the sound on and off and closing the chat windows but i still can't hear any sound to tell me that someone has messaged me... :/

I will say an honest opinion here.

Lets compare between two chats, new one and the old one.

Old one :There is no general chat, you cant meet new members without having them in your list. You are allowed to PM anybody you want when you want. It isnt limited by number of people. You have the choice to be available or not.

New one: It make you able to meet new members (which is a good thing), there is a general chat. You cant access it when you want as it is limited by number of members. You have to be available when you get the chance to use it (i cant be a ninja)

The new one is better but if it could be done some improvements on it at least that you can see the general chat and join it without depending on numbers of members online, the ability to see only the people on your friendship list.

I hope i put my opinion nicely.

Thank you

. for your hard work. Im grateful for it. I can't pass by without admitting that you do your best to make this place better but i also thought an honest point of view would help. Thank you for listening.

oh i think the new chat box is kinda look like a battle field, only 25 peoples allow to chat

if neither us or our friends didn't online in time while chat box is free, we can't talk to our friends

i think chat in group is fun but if we though about someone who was left behind out of chat box, it's not good at all

i don't think the chat box is worth to pay this much, we still can chat in group via thread though

i want to talk to new people but if i can't talk with my old friends, i don't need it

it's just my opinion though (_ _') :9onion70:

and thank for ur hard work, i really enjoy staying here

Yeah, we switched back to the previous chat. Even if the system was cool and more complex, since it had group chat as well, it wasn't ok for only 25 members to be able to get in and all the rest waiting in line until a slot is free.

We are still looking for alternatives.

Really?

I prefer the other one, actually.

Is it not possible to use that while looking for alternatives? :c

Still, thank you very much, Key-boss-sama, for doing your best to make us happy. :"D

I have a lot of fun here, seriously. Even just by rp-ing. XD

• 10 months later...

Not many people in chat but for the ones I have met they have been great. I hope the chat will soon be full of people always looking for new friends. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Not many people in chat but for the ones I have met they have been great. I hope the chat will soon be full of people always looking for new friends. ^^

yeah... all sorts of people come.. but not a lot stays for a long time.. :((

Well.. you'll mate(meet) tons of amazeballs sooner or later :3