Do you think america will have there own yaoi line?

Misaki san

Do you think america will have there own yaoi line?

I was wondering will America have there own yaoi line, being America point at anything beging diffrant.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SailorRishi

• Drag

• Misaki san

• gin

Hey there.

What do you mean by: "Will america have their own yaoi line?" America is an big term, did you may thought on US? If this is the case, US will never have a own yaoi line. Yaoi is an term used only for japanese Mangas. But if you thought of Boys Love (BL), US already have a BL scene.

There are many US artist: HamletMachine, Alex Woolfson (writer), E.K. Weaver, Doujin Circle Guilt|Pleasure - comprised of TogaQ (a.k.a. Jo Chen)- Manga style, Himitsu Studio...etc..

The art style is diffrent and it's called BL Comic, so you read from left to right...like an normal Comic.

Here some Comic title: Starfighter, In These Words, The Young Protectors ....

There are so many more and the database with BL novels is hugeeee.

Writer like: Yamila Abraham, Derekica Snake etc...

Most of the Comics you can read online, but some are available only for trade. There are also versions where you can buy via eBook (Kindle Kobo etc.)

About the novels, there are less for free. Usually there is a option where you can buy them online as a eBook, so you have not to pay the ship charges for your city/country like if you order the paperback version.

Here again few BL title:

Starfighter by HamletMachine

In These Words by Guilt|Pleasure (this is an Doujinshi, but the art and the author are from US)

NYM prequel from In These Word by Guilt|Pleasure

FDNH prequel from In These Word by Guilt|Pleasure

Teahouse by Emirain

The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal by E.K. Weaver

Arena by Himitsu Studio/Yaoi Revolution

Lymbuss by Himitsu Studio

The Young Protectors by Alex Woolfson (writer); Adam De Kraker (pencils); Veronica Gandini (colors) /Yaoi911

Artifice by Alex Woolfson (writer); Winona Nelson (Art)

Ten by Martina Peters

etc..etc...

Lymbuss by Himitsu Studio

Yes! Nice to see Lymbus on your list. It's off to a good start imho - and Lehanan's art is so damn good! Loved her fanart, esp TnC, and always hoped she'd do something more with her talents.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Yes indeed! Lehanan art is amazing, I'm a big fan from her.

About that what you said: "... and always hoped she'd do something more with her talents."

She is already doing more with her talent. She made an Omake in the new ITW8 (In These Words) by Guilt|Pleasure, and just few days ago the Comic "Arena" were published and is ready for sale. She is doing Arena under Himitsu Studio, means with Tabe Chan together by Yaoi Revolution.

- Nice to talk to another fan. I've seen some of her sketches for ITW (Which is a series on my "need to own all of" list. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up volumes when it was first came out) I meant before that and before Lymbus, when she was mainly fanart.

I might as well add I'd sell whatever remains of my sketch-loving soul for a commission of hers..

Her previous ITW artwork is just fanart. The original one what is also published in the ITW8 is nowhere online to seen, only in the ITW8, so you still have your chance to grab a copy (◕‿◕✿)

About commission, well she is very busy right now so dunno will she take any more. She still have to finish some other what she already took before. Will she re-open her commission request, I do not have information, well she self don't know will she have time for this in the future. You can stay tuned on her DA, or you can add her on fb. She is very friendly and if you add her with my recommendation, she will accept you. Just PM- me your fb, so I can forward it to her.

That art you were talking about from last year is what drew me to the series in the first place ;) Followed that link on DA and was hooked. (I've kept up on on DA since she caught my eye years ago)

You just officially made my day! I don't do FB, but I might have to make an account and name drop a little sometime in the future to see what happens. Btw, aside of herself, do you know who does her colorations? They do a-maz-ing work! I'm not usually a fan of sketch going color since I have a thing for raw work, but man..perfection achieved.

I need to stop talking now before I embarrass myself by going deeper into worship mode. Thank you for your posts in this thread!

For Lymbus: Tabe Chan always do the inks and colors.

For Arena: The colors for Arena was made by Lehanan. Tabe Chan does inks and storyboards. The work is divided in half.

For her OC's and fan art, in the picture description she always gives Credits to the contributor! HELL YEAH! WE HATE NOT CREDITING THE ARTIST!!

About FB, just PM-me, so I can forward the info to her :) and yes, you can talk more. Isn't just beautiful to talk about a very talented person ♡ I enjoy myself.

I've been searching for that stuff, In these words. It's a story of a detective and a killer right? Is that a novel? where can I read it? i've been searching for months. TT

For Lymbuss I follow her work on SmackJeeves and it pretty good, I want to say more but im at school right now so ill do so later.

In These Words is one Doujinshi by Doujin Circle Guilt|Pleasure - comprised of TogaQ (a.k.a. Jo Chen) and Kichiku Neko.

It is a story about the psychiatrist Asano Katsuya Asano Katsuya is an US trained psychiatrist who had been recruited by the Tokyo Police Department to provide a profile through the victims’ data. Based on Asano’s profile and recommendation, an elaborate plan was put in place to lure the serial killer out. It was within months the plan bore a successful result. After three years and twelve victims, Shinohara Keiji was finally in the police custody. Shinohara had promised a thorough confession, however, on the absolute term that Asano has to be the one to receive it. Besides the curious request by the killer whom Asano was only familiar with on paper, disturbing nightmares began to plague him as soon as he was given the case… (description taken fron Baka updates)

You can read the Doujinshis online, available via Kobo for a price each chapter $5.79 (chapter 01-05) and chapter06 for $6.59. Till now, online were 6 chapters released. The paperback version, each Doujinshi is a Limited Edition and each chapter cost $12.00. Till now were 8 chapters released. The paperback version, once get sold out, there is an minimal chance for the reprint. The GP Ladays made once a exception and reprinted all Doujinshis again, the demand was to wide. The books what you can find in the GP ecrater, are the rest from the reprinted books. So if you wish to have the paperback version, still you have the chance to grab your copy, the are not many left....

There are also two prequels: NY Minute and First, Do No Harm each Doujinshi $12.00.

For more information:

Official Guilt|Pleasure site:

Guilt|Pleasure Shop:

The Official Guilt|Pleasure Facebook Page:

G|P on tumblr:

Twitter:

If there are more questions, just ask I will give you the answer.

I ask all members from this community DO NOT! post any pictures or do edit the art from Guilt|Pleasure. You can reblog via tumblr or retweet via twitter, but repost on any site is not allowed!

• 4 months later...