Dimming Little Flame

Fmkitty

Title: Dimming Little Flame

Fandom: King of Fighters

Characters: Kyo Kusanagi, Kyo-1, Kyo-2, Kusanagi, Iori Yagami

Pairing: Kyo x Iori

Summary: Tonight, Kyo cannot calm down while impatiently waiting for his partner to return home. Unfortunately, his worries come true when injured Iori finally returns and collapses on him…

Chapter 1

It is a peaceful winter evening in Yagami’s apartment. However, one brunette comfortably sitting on the couch cannot find peace of mind.

When Kyo holds a warm cup of hot cocoa, he lowers his gaze and silently exhales.

It’s been more than a couple of hours since Iori promised to return. Knowing him, he would call and warn if he may take longer.

Of course, Kyo tried to call him an hour earlier. Unfortunately, his partner didn’t answer.

At first, he thought perhaps Iori was busy or on his way. Therefore, he didn’t bother to call back. However, even later on, he received the same response.

No matter how often the Kusanagi checked his phone - there was no new message or notification about a missed call.

But for now, Kyo turns his head to the side and says to himself in a gloomy tone. “Just where in the world are you, Yagami? It’s better to be nothing serious. Or else, what do you expect me to do with you?”

Meanwhile, when the tuxedo kitten notices how one of his dads is unusually upset, he lowers his triangle ears and wonders if these two fought again or if his other dad hurt him.

Therefore, little Oreo decides to cheer him up in the best way he knows. And thus, he jumps on the couch while letting out a brief trill.

After he approaches Kyo, he rubs his head and his body against his leg while his tail is lifted, trying to get his attention.

For sure, such an unexpected gesture surprises the Kusanagi.

When the brunette leans forward, he puts the mug on the coffee table and sits back.

As he strokes the kitten’s head and under his chin, Kyo softens his gaze and sighs. “Did you miss your dad as well? Let’s hope that he is fine and only decided to get something for you.”

After Oreo lies next to him and closes his eyes, and his beloved hand strokes his soft fur, his little motor engine activates.

However, his kitten’s presence and purring makes him lower his shoulders and feel how his heart aches.

In the end, he cannot help himself but irrationally worry about his partner without even knowing his whereabouts.

Several minutes have passed.

Suddenly, Oreo lifts his head and ears upon hearing something.

“What is it, Oreo? Is your dad already home?” Kyo asks as he gets up and heads toward the corridor.

After rushing to his destination place, he notices that there is no one inside.

However, a faint banging on the door and the sound of the lock moving caught the brunette's attention.

Soon, the mysterious culprit opens the door.

Fortunately, Kyo’s reaction is quicker, and he catches the redhead in his arms without both collapsing on the floor.

“Oi, you’re okay?” The brunette asks him while closing the door.

When Iori places his hand on his partner’s shoulder, he withdraws his lowered head and faces him while surpassing his groaning.

Suddenly, Kyo widens his eyes and becomes pale upon noticing Iori covered in blood. After a closer inspection, he scolds him without containing his emotions. “What happened to you? Who the hell did this to you?!”

While Iori’s face twists in pain and panting, he backfires. “I just tripped over and fell downstairs! That’s what fucking happened… So, move, and let me catch a break.”

After hearing these words, the brunette’s face darkens. “Fell downstairs, eh? Are you sure about that?”

“Tsk. Do not test my patience, Kyo.” The redhead warns through gritted teeth.

Unfortunately, his attempt to stand up on his own fails.

Thus, the sudden pain on Yagami's side makes him hold his palm into the aching spot, and he loses his balance.

After the brunette throws Iori’s arm over his shoulders, he closes his eyes and sighs. “Let’s go… Let’s get you warm and see your wounds.”

Lastly, he helps Yagami to walk to the bedroom while wondering who could have done this to him.

However, on their way, one person comes to his mind. Although, even if his guess might be wrong, it doesn’t matter. Right now, prioritizing his partner’s well-being is more important. Or so Kyo decides.

After he lies Iori in bed, he assists him with removing his outfit and spots that the redhead’s clothes are tattered and have holes with crispy burnt edges.

While silently exhaling, the brunette wonders how much Yagami suffered to become so passive and willingly accept any treatment from him.

“What’s wrong? If you dislike it so much, you can leave me alone. As if I need your pity.” The redhead comments as he observes his partner’s every movement.

When Kyo grasps the hemline of Iori’s t-shirt, he lowers his shoulders and head. As he cracks a fake smile, he replies in a cold yet calm tone. “You’re right… I guess it’s better to leave it in professionals’ hands.”

After he sits on the edge of the bed, he picks up his phone from his pocket.

However, as Kyo types a specific phone number, Yagami shakily sits up and gathers all his remaining strength into his palm.

Suddenly, the Kusanagi freezes in the same spot when the phone is hit out of his hand.

As soon as it lands on the ground, Kyo turns his head and stares at Iori.

Lastly, the redhead addresses him. “Don’t. I’m not that weak or ill.”

Meanwhile, Kyo remains speechless for a few moments.

Finally, the redhead breaks the intense silence. “Besides, who will feed Oreo if I’m gone?”

That’s it! It’s the last drop of the Kusanagi’s patience, and he lowers his head.

Suddenly, he roughly grabs Iori by his shirt and brings him closer. “Is that the only thing that concerns you?!”

A second later, he hung his head down while something stuck inside his throat.

Meanwhile, Yagami only narrows his gaze as he observes the trembling and stiff brunette.

“... You’re truly an idiot.” Kyo comments.

After he bites into his lower lip, he continues while holding back from sobbing. “You may have died and I wouldn’t even know that. What am I supposed to do then? Shrug my shoulders and say I had no clue that you died? Hey, you think no one would notice or care? But you’re so fucking wrong! How… how many times I’ve told that you’re not alone? It’s… it’s okay if you’re too stubborn and prideful to rely on anyone and I’m not forcing you to do so. … I never did or will do that.”

In the end, Kyo lowers his hands and buries his face in his partner’s chest. “But at least, … Please let me help you. That’s all I ask for.”

However, he widens his eyes when he feels how Iori’s palm rests on his head.

As Yagami closes his eyes, he sighs. After he opens his eyes, he gently ruffles his hair. “Who’s calling whom a fool? As if that will happen anytime soon. After all, who else will take care of Oreo and one stupid, nosy trouble-maker who worries too much? Listen. If I die, I’ll take you together with me into my grave. So, even after my death, you will still belong to me, Kyo.”

After hearing this confession, Kyo carefully wraps his arms around his partner and nuzzles his cheek against his chest while murmuring something gibberish.

In the meantime, Iori briefly bares his fangs as he explains. “Tsk. I’ve only dealt with one arrogant coward who dared to attack me. At least he didn’t show any interest in you and it’s all that matters. But I took longer than expected because out of nowhere he got the support and these two brats teamed up against me while that fool lied in his blood and laughed. That’s it.”

After a brief pause, he adds. “So, now when you know this, you can do whatever you want.”

Of course, such an answer is enough for Kyo, and he whispers. “Thank you.”

“Whatever. But keep in mind, you won’t drag me anywhere.” The redhead replies.

In the end, the brunette only silently nods.

No matter how much Kyo wants to stay like this, even if for a bit longer, he understands he cannot allow himself to rest. After all, he has become a temporary caretaker of two.

But for now, his first duty as a nurse is to examine his patient and wash him down. Or so the Kusanagi decides.

Some time has passed. After Kyo finally finishes treating Iori’s injuries and put him in warmer pajama, he manages to change the bedsheets without tearing them or tripping over for the first time.

Of course, it doesn’t help that Iori observes him as if he is his entertainment.

On the other hand, seeing Yagami cracking a smile or reminding him how to handle such a simple task despite his body being covered in bruises relieved the Kusanagi.

But for now, he can finally take a break. Or so Kyo ponders as he changes into a gray tank top and shorts and snuggles under the blanket like a feline.

As he watches over Iori, he softens his gaze.

“What is it?” The redhead asks.

“It can’t be helped that I have to check on my patient,” Kyo explains.

After Yagami turns to the side, he throws his arm over his partner and brings him closer.

For sure, such a gesture surprises the brunette. Yet, he doesn’t show any desire to lose to Iori and embraces his new role by adding in a slightly indignant voice. “Oi, what do you think you’re allowing yourself, mister? Don’t forget - you are my patient and I’m your nurse. So, you have to do what I say.”

“Then where’s your uniform, nurse?” Iori backfires while keeping a smug look on his face.

Suddenly, the heat rushes to the Kusanagi’s cheeks, and he averts his gaze for a few moments. More so, it’s difficult for him to keep a serious face when Yagami’s hand rubs and squeezes his buttocks.

Certainly, his partner’s adorable reaction amuses Iori, and he teases him a bit. “I wonder what kind of outfit you have in mind. It seems that I need to discipline my nurse for having naughty thoughts about his patient~ And, you know, medical scrubs are a thing too.”

Instead of saying anything, Kyo opens his big amber eyes and pinches his partner’s nose. “Right now, you are under a strict bed mode. And that also means - no sex for you until you get well, got it?”

“You’re such a young nurse, but already as strict as an old one…” The redhead comments as soon as Kyo lowers his hand.

“I wonder thanks to whom…” Kyo replies while keeping a poker face.

In the end, without Kusanagi realizing it, he becomes temporally distracted by his own play.

On the other hand, if Iori can joke around like this, then his injuries are not as life-threatening as Kyo expected.

Despite the Yagami’s attempt to calm down the tensed Kusanagi, the brunette shouldn’t take this situation so lightly and not forget about it as it never happened.

More importantly, his suspicious intuition is correct about who could have beaten Iori.

That’s why he must seek the same man, who is so desperately obsessed with Yagami, and settle it down. Or so Kyo is determined.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fmkitty

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 2.

A day has passed since the mysterious entity assaulted Yagami.

Even if Iori is in better shape than yesterday and almost acting the same as before the incident, Kyo keeps an eye on him whenever he can.

More so, the brunette cannot rest until he takes matters into his own hands and visits one abandoned storage where all his remaining clones live.

But for now, he waits until Iori falls asleep and hopes he won’t get caught trying to sneak out.

Some time has passed. It is the middle of the night.

All the clones are sleeping peacefully under the warm futon.

After all, their adored leader is watching them over tonight on his throne, which is at the end of the storage so that he can check on everyone without needing to leave his comfortable seat.

By far, nothing has disturbed such a serene night. Not even a tiny mouse dares to run.

But for now, one tanned brunette’s, covered in a snow-white bandage, hands are itching for the action. It’s too boring!

If it wasn’t for the snow and too cold outside, he would leave and seek anyone who may be a suitable time killer for him, even if it’s for a few minutes.

Unfortunately, only fools want to catch a cold or any other nasty disease in such weather.

However, a strong feeling in his guts insists that something interesting may happen soon. It has to. After all, it never betrayed him before.

But for now, Kusanagi relaxes with one leg thrown over his lap, rests his head on his palm, and yawns as wide as a large feline.

After he opens his glowing crimson eyes, he cracks a smile and speaks up in a sleepy tone. “Come out, come out, wherever you are. How long ya gonna keep me waiting?~”

Suddenly, he shakes his head and shrugs.

As he rubs his arms, he murmurs. “Maybe I need to grab more heaters or warm clothes for the boys. Yeah… Tomorrow is gonna be a busy day~”

In the end, he leans to the side and picks up a bottle of the finest brand of whiskey from the box beside his throne.

A half-hour passes by. Finally, the brunette has fallen asleep with his arms crossed and his head thrown back.

However, thanks to the loud banging on the metal door, his sleepiness is gone instantly.

As a few replicas of Kyo lazily lift their heads, Kusanagi addresses them in a chill voice. “It’s just a stray animal. Go back to sleep, okay?”

However, after a several seconds, a loud banging continues.

When Kusanagi lifts his eyes, he orders one of the clones. “Sakura, go check who is asking for the problems.”

“Fine…” the clone in purple replies in a half-sleepy voice and gets up, no matter how much he prefers staying under the warm embrace of the futon.

When he makes his way to the door, he asks. “Who is it?”

“It’s me - Kyo. I only came to talk with your leader. So, is he there? Or do you want me to leave a message for him?” The voice behind the door asks politely.

Suddenly, Sakura widens his eyes and turns his head. “Big Bro, it’s original! What should we do?”

Meanwhile, ‘Nagi cracks a smile and narrows his gaze. “What do you mean, what to do? Of course, we’re gonna greet him! So, how long you’ll stand like being kissed? Let it him in.”

The replica in purple only lowers his gaze and doesn’t object to Kusanagi. Lastly, he removes the lock and opens the door.

Most of the clones are in awe as if a living ghost is in front of them.

However, the tanned brunette only chuckles and observes with amusement the Kusanagi heir brushing off the snow from himself but keeping a serious look on his face.

While ‘Nagi cozily sits on his throne, he mockingly addresses his guest. “Why would you look at that? How’s the weather outside? It must be a lovely one, eh? Come on in, and we’ll get you warm, princess.”

A second later, he grinds his teeth and frowns. “Oi, ya gonna just stand there? Close the damn door and stop letting the draft in! ‘Cos then I gonna catch a cold and die, you fucking selfish moron!”

Meanwhile, Kyo only closes his eyes and enters, while one clone immediately closes the door and turns on the light switch.

As the entire storage lightens up by the orange light, Kusanagi asks. “Don’t just stand there? I ain’t gonna bite you. Unless you get on my nerves. Then I would chop you into pieces and feed you to the pigs.”

While Kyo keeps a serious look on his face and approaches ‘Nagi, he looks on sides time from time at his replicas, who don’t trust him and move aside.

But for now, ‘Nagi raises his eyebrow while resting his chin on his fist. “What’s wrong? You didn’t come all this way to stare at me like you ate some shit, did you?”

“You have gone too far this time. However, I’ll consider sparing you if you apologize to me for hurting Yagami and promise me you will stay away from him.” The Kusanagi heir explains calmly.

Meanwhile, the tanned brunette covers his mouth and snorts.

Suddenly, the replica in brown frowns and shields with one arm the precious leader. “Oi, you better watch your mouth! Remember to whom you’re talking.”

“That’s right! It was the Red Demon who assaulted Big Bro first. So, we had to protect him from that bastard and show him a lesson about what happens if he attacks the wrong person.” The clone in blue indignantly adds while repeating his brother’s moves.

Meanwhile, Kusanagi only keeps a smug face and interrupts them. “Hoki, Mero! Enough.”

When he gets the twins’ attention, his face changes to a serious one. “You two, and anyone else - do not interface. I’ll take care of him. You all just watch, got it?”

Lastly, these two clones only nod and step back while staying close to Kusanagi’s sides.

After a brief pause, the tanned brunette stands up and rests his hands on his waist. “Apologize to you? When did a not feathered little rooster like you grew so bold to speak like this to his superiors? You are nothing but an inferior breed. Either way…”

Meanwhile, Kyo only patiently listens and refuses to give in a cheap provocation.

After all, it’s better to refrain from unnecessary violence for now and let ‘Nagi speak. Or so the brunette decides.

When Kusanagi stands close to his new prey, he thrusts his chest forward to touch his one and looks down at him. “Listen up. What I do with him shouldn’t concern my boys or you. So, why do you care about him so much? Who are you? Is he your boyfriend or something? Aren’t you supposed to hate his clan and pray for his downfall like the rest of you should?”

As he gently slaps Kyo’s cheek, he grins like a Cheshire Cat while studying the brunette. “Hey, a woman should not stick into men’s business. So, why don’t you let us settle down like adults, baby face?”

After the Kusanagi heir closes his eyes, he brushes off ‘Nagi’s palm.

When Kyo opens his amber eyes, he replies in a strict tone while trying to remain as patient as possible. “I won’t repeat twice - leave Yagami out of this.”

Yet, the tanned brunette only comments. “Oh~ Look who is speaking.”

When he places his palm on his chest, he proudly explains. “Hey, ever since your oh-so-precious husband left a huge scar on me I can’t just leave him as nothing happened without taking any responsibility. You see, it’s something very personal between us and I can’t just let it slip through my fingers. Not until he is under my foot and I’ll crush his beating heart in front of his pathetic little face.”

But for now, Kyo lowers his head and clenches his hands into fists.

“Aww, what’s wrong?~ Did I make ya cry? Go on and cry like that one oversensitive fool!” Kusanagi teases him.

Suddenly, Kyo launches a powerful punch into the tanned brunette’s face.

As Kusanagi rubs the running blood from his nose by using his sleeve, Hoki growls. “You son of the bi-!”

However, before he charges at Kyo, ‘Nagi’s voice stops him. “Hoki, didn’t I tell you all earlier? Do not interface.”

“But he hurt you, Big Bro!” the replica in brown objects.

“Shush… What did I say?” Kusanagi turns his head and gives an icy glare.

After this, none of the clones dare move and only silently observe their adored oldest sibling.

Meanwhile, Kyo straightens his back and keeps a calm stance.

Suddenly, ‘Nagi grabs his opponent by his jacket and barks like a feral animal. “Hey, you think you can mock me?! I’ll make a piece of shit like you into our doormat, and you’ll beg to lick my shoes ‘til they shine!”

However, the Kusanagi only narrows his gaze and judgmentally stares at the beast, who grinds his teeth.

“DON’T MAKE FUN OF ME!” the dark brunette yells at the top of his lungs.

After Kyo tightly grips the arm that holds him and his neck, ‘Nagi feels the rising heat on these parts.

“Let me go. Otherwise, you won’t leave the hospital for a while.” The brunette warns.

However, Kusanagi only removes his hand and gives him a mocking look. “As if you’ll do this. You are just a weak creature without a will. A freak and mistake of god as your dear prototype.”

When Kyo releases the tanned brunette, he gives him a piercing look. “If you weren’t someone important and dear to these clones, I would have beaten a living shit out of you until you won’t be able to get up. But now, I can’t just leave them without someone looking after them.”

After a brief pause, the Kusanagi heir adds. “Listen, how about we’ll do it tomorrow at the same old building site where you brought me last time? If I win, you’ll leave Yagami alone.”

Surely, such an offer peeks ‘Nagi’s curiosity. Yet, he interrupts his speech and raises his eyebrow. “Why can’t we do it now? Or you’re afraid of taking more than you swallow? You know, it won’t change the inevitable~ So, ya better prepare to bring someone with you to gather your scattered ashes.”

Yet, the brunette doesn’t get confused and keeps his poker face. “Don’t forget - tomorrow, at the same time as today, got it?”

When ‘Nagi looks around and announces to all the clones. “You heard him, boys? Tomorrow, I gonna beat the original’s ass! So, you better start preparing a big feast.”

After such a speech, all the replicas of Kyo chant Kusanagi’s name and cheer for him.

Soon, Kusanagi raises his hand and silences all the clones immediately.

As the tanned brunette ignites his palm with the same flame that dances in his eyes, he addresses his opponent. “You better do not disappoint me.”

When Kyo repeats the same movement, he backfires. “Same goes for you. However, be careful or else you may get burned.”

In the end, as both lower their arms, the bright orange flames immediately perish. And thus, the Kusanagi heir understands that despite defeating this dark entity in the past, he shouldn’t take him lightly.

Nevertheless, Kyo worries more about whether Iori will catch him this time and tag along or persist that he faces ‘Nagi again on his own.

Some time has passed.

After the Kusanagi heir returns home, he undresses and sneaks into the bedroom without waking up his partner.

However, when he sits on the edge of the bed, he gets startled by Iori’s voice. “Where have you been wandering around all this time?”

As the brunette turns his head, he notices the irritated redhead lying on his side.

When Kyo softens his gaze, he explains. “Sorry if I wake you up. I just went to the bathroom.”

Meanwhile, Yagami sits and pats Kyo’s arms up to his cheeks.

Such a gesture surprises the brunette, but he doesn’t mind Iori inspecting him.

The redhead narrows his gaze, holding his partner’s cheeks. “You’re cold. I’ll ask you again - where have you been? … Don’t tell me you went after that cheap copy. Haven’t you learned anything from the previous times?”

“He only took an advantage of me because he back-stabbed me. This time, I came to his lair on my own and gave him a small warning. However, he refused to listen to me. So, I would need to come back tomorrow to explain to him in the only language he understands.” The brunette explains.

Meanwhile, Iori only sighs and stretches Kyo’s cheeks. “You are truly a stupid, reckless cat.”

When he slides down his hands on the Kusanagi’s arms, he adds. “If I knew that you were going after him, I would have stopped you.”

After a brief pause, he shakes his head and continues without removing his eyes from his partner. “Tomorrow, you will show me where he is.”

“Not under my watch. You are not allowed to throw your life at risk.” The brunette backfires.

Yagami only cracks a smile. “It’s that fool who begs for his death. So, I’ll be kind and grant his wish.”

At that moment, Kyo understands that he’ll convince the wind not to blow sooner than over-talk his stubborn partner.

Besides, even if Iori is bedridden, he would still crawl to face anyone who gives even a single wrong look to the Kusanagi, no matter how many times he is stopped.

In the end, he closes his eyes and sighs. “What am I going to do with you?”

Chapter 3.

It is the middle of the dark night. Somewhere in one old abandoned building site.

One tanned brunette watches how thick, large snowflakes slowly fall while he impatiently waits for his opponent to show up.

“Why ye taking so long? Or are you bold only by using words?” ‘Nagi says to himself and fixes his red scarf.

Suddenly, he widens his eyes and turns his head toward the direction of a familiar voice. “I finally found you!”

At that moment, Kusanagi’s crimson eyes sparkle with excitement, and he greets the redhead with spread arms and a wide smile. “Oh, look what we’ve got there~ Thank goodness, it’s you! I won’t lie - ya got me worried for a second that I would need to deal with that little whiny fool.”

However, his festive mood is ruined as soon as behind Iori’s back when he sees Kyo taking a step to the side to reveal himself.

But for now, Kusanagi leans on the side and frowns, addressing his rival. “Why a hell you’re staring at me like that? Do you have too many eyes or what? Stop using him as a shield! Or ye only know how to hide behind anyone’s back.”

As he gets step by step closer to Iori like an intimidating, large feline, his voice changes into a nearly thrilling tone. “In any case… How’s your wounds?”

When ‘Nagi stands close to the indignant redhead, he thrusts his chest and delightfully narrows his gaze. “Good. Did you miss me that much?”

Despite the sensation as if an invisible Kusanagi’s panther tail wraps around his thigh, Iori keeps a poker face.

Yet, such a reaction only makes ‘Nagi respire and deeply chuckle. “No? Then why are you here? Come on, you don’t need to be shy around me. And don’t try to deny it - I know you want it as much as I do~”

Unfortunately, just before he touches Yagami’s cheek, his hand is caught.

As Iori grips his wrist, he reveals his bare fangs. “For being a cheap knock-off, you are allowing yourself too much.”

“Oh~ Now that’s what I’m talking about. You’re finally into that mood,” Kusanagi backfires in a nearly flirtatious tone.

After he brushes off his palm, he raises the index finger and ignites it. As a little orange flame is reflected in both eyes, the dark entity suggests. “You’re going to take his place, right? Hey, let’s do it, already~”

However, the redhead nearly gets startled and turns his head when Kyo gently places his hand on his shoulders.

“Do not fall into his trap. It’s better if we team up and take him down together.” The Kusanagi heir warns him in a calm voice.

After ‘Nagi blows the small flame, he narrows his gaze and shows a middle finger to his original. “Do not interface, and just wait for your turn.”

Meanwhile, Iori closes his eyes and replies, ignoring his foe’s presence. “Just watch carefully and you’ll see what happens when anyone dares to touch who belongs to me, Kyo.”

For sure, such a response makes Kyo exhale. “And you better not try anything reckless or else this time someone will spend a night in hospital.”

Lastly, when the Kusanagi heir withdraws, he observes from the distance how these two keep a distance.

Thus, after ‘Nagi tosses his scarf, another fight between the dark entity and Yagami begins.

At first, the redhead patiently waits for his opponent to make a first turn.

After ‘Nagi ignites his palm, he launches a fireball at Iori.

Just as Yagami blocks the sent attack, Kusanagi charges at him with full force.

For sure, it was a close strike. Yet, Iori evades it.

A few more sent kicks and punches by the tanned brunette. Yet, Iori successfully blocks these attacks again.

After Kusanagi ceases his attacks, he gives Iori a mocking look. “Ya know, I wonder how long you gonna keep up like this~ Maybe I should motivate you a bit…”

Just as ‘Nagi raises his hand and aims at Kyo, Yagami rushes at him.

Before he reaches his throat, Kusanagi lowers his arm and dodges the strike.

A second later, the tanned brunette hits his back with his elbow. Soon, the redhead grunts as he hits the snowy ground.

Of course, Kyo cannot just stand there and do nothing.

Unfortunately for him, ‘Nagi’s reflexes are quicker, and his flame reflects his rival’s fireball.

As the fire submerges into the air, the tanned brunette’s eyes flare with rage, and he growls at him. “I TOLD YOU TO WAIT YOUR TURN!”

Meanwhile, Iori grabs his opponent’s shank and pulls him down.

After ‘Nagi hits the ground with a brief groan, the redhead manages to get up and stand up.

While Iori steps on his back, he bends down and grips his neck. As his nails sink into his skin, he narrows his gaze. “Any last words before I’ll send you to hell?”

Meanwhile, Kusanagi only cracks a mocking smile.

After a brief pause, Yagami lightens up his fingertips with purple little flames, and the loud explosion bangs all over the construction site, making Kyo instinctively cover his face with his elbows.

A couple moments later, the Kusanagi heir lowers his arms and observes how the dark smoke fades away, revealing the victor of the battle and fallen ‘Nagi.

After Iori removes the dust and ashes from himself, he comments. “What a bunch of wasted time.”

Meanwhile, Kyo gets alerted and stares at his partner.

But for now, Yagami only gives a questioning look to his partner and addresses him. “What is it? As if that fool would die that easily. Let’s go. Or do you prefer to freeze here?”

Apparently, the tanned brunette’s upper body and soon the rest of him raise as he is controlled by the strings.

“Do not underestimate me~” ‘Nagi speaks up as he fixes his shoulders while his arms are loose.

Lastly, he ignites his fist and charges at his opponent.

However, just a moment before the impact, the redhead turns and delivers a hefty kick into ‘Nagi’s stomach.

Thus, the dark entity’s flame is dimmed, and he is sent off flying.

Upon his body harshly hitting the ground, it slightly bounces before sliding on the frozen gravel.

But for now, Kusanagi shakily leans on his elbow while panting. “I’m... I’m not done yet!”

Instead of saying anything, Iori only closes his eyes and exhales.

Soon, he approaches his opponent and bends down.

After the redhead grabs Kusanagi by his t-shirt, he brings him close to his face.

Meanwhile, ‘Nagi doesn’t resist and keeps a smug face.

“Do not test my patience any further.” Iori warns him while keeping a straight face.

After he tosses down ‘Nagi, he adds. “However, if you still have your death wish, I’ll give it to you... But you have to earn it first. ”

When Iori turns his back, he declares without looking back. “So, you better do not disappoint me next time.”

As soon as he gets close to Kyo, he prompts him to leave.

On their way, the brunette is complaining while keeping his hands warm in his jacket pockets. “Why do you also have to instigate these things? You know, you’re only encouraging him.”

After a brief pause, he lowers his gaze and complains. “I swear, if I didn’t know you, I would think that you just have nothing better to do…”

“You worry too much. Or perhaps…” The redhead backfires.

However, when Iori makes a smug face, the brunette realizes something is off.

When Kyo’s poker face cracks, he asks in an unsure tone. “Wha-, what is it with you?”

“I just finally figured it out something,” Yagami proudly explains.

While his partner’s expressions entertain him, he concludes. “It seems the original is jealous of a mere copy and sucks so badly at hiding it.”

Suddenly, the heat rushes to the brunette’s cheeks, and he indignantly replies as if he is about to jump on Iori. “What are you!-”

However, Yagami only places his palm on his partner’s face and holds him back like a kitten trying to get food.

A few moments later, he ruffles Kyo’s hair and makes him briefly close his eyes.

After he withdraws his hand, he grasps the brunette’s scarf.

Besides, sometimes, it’s enjoyable to give Kusanagi a taste of his own medicine and tease him. Or so Yagami decides.

Lastly, he fixes his scarf without removing his eyes from Kyo. “Either way, you’ll catch a cold if you expose your neck like this.”

Meanwhile, the brunette only averts his blushing gaze and murmurs something under his nose, yet being secretly relieved that this time he didn’t need to drag the injured Iori from the battlefield.