That Rainy Night…

Fmkitty

Title: That Rainy Night…

Fandom: King of Fighters

Characters: Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami

Pairing: Iori x Kyo

Summary:

[This story was made as entry for September’s month Aarinfantasy Writing Challenge.]
[This story is a sequel to

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
]

“<…>While Iori stares through the window, he wonders.

It’s been a while since he had such a sleepless night during the storm, or even much longer since that one time. That one rainy night changed their relationship completely. Or perhaps, just fastened the inevitable…<…>”

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

August's writing prompt: "That Time"

Word count: 1949

It is almost the middle of the night, and everyone seems to be asleep in Yagami’s apartment. When the moon gets hidden by the gray clouds, it’s raining.

Soon enough, gentle raindrops grow into a heavy, pouring rain. And thus, a rhythmic, loud tapping at the window wakes one redhead.

Surely, it’s frustrating how such a simple thing disturbs his rest.

Suddenly, the lightning strikes, and he feels how someone clings to him and rubs his head against his chest before exhaling and releasing him.

At first, Iori assumes Kyo woke up as well. Yet, when he whispers his partner’s name, he doesn’t receive any response.

The redhead understands that the Kusanagi is unconsciously influenced by the weather while dreaming about something.

While Iori stares through the window, he wonders.

It’s been a while since he had such a sleepless night during the storm, or even much longer since that one time. That one rainy night changed their relationship completely. Or perhaps, just fastened the inevitable.

A few years ago.

A couple of weeks have passed since Kyo’s wounds have healed.

Of course, he didn’t want to use his rival’s kindness for too long by living rent-free in his apartment. Nor to make Iori think he is taking advantage of him. And thus, when he could stand on his feet, he left.

Besides, he still feels guilty for making his family and friends worry about his sudden disappearance for a year. Perhaps he was buried in someone’s mind. But Kyo still worries about how he’ll get greeted or that his rival nursed him.

Either way, he wouldn’t mind staying longer if Yagami asked him. Strangely, he almost got used to it as it was his own home.

A month passed by. Finally, after a long time, the brunette is ready to have another match against Iori.

Besides, he is as thrilled as Iori, and it might be a good practice and a better way to get back in shape. Or so Kyo is determined as he fixes the biker gloves and puts on the white jacket before leaving.

After arriving at the destination place, he spots one certain redhead leaning against the wall.

When Iori notices him, he delightfully smiles and crosses his arms. “You’ve made me wait for you, Kyo.”

“Aren’t you so eager to get your ass kicked?” The Kusanagi replies as he raises his palm and ignites it. While the orange flame dances on his palm, he adds. “Fine. Just don’t get burnt~”

When Yagami approaches him, he repeats the same movement. “You talk too much… This time you’ll sing your swan song!”

Lastly, the brunette announces as the little fire sparkles in his eyes. “I would love to see that. Let’s do this, Yagami!”. Thus, after both dim their flames, both charge at each other, another fierce battle begins.

Some time passes. Finally, the match is over, but there is no clear winner. Apparently, both opponents barely stand while catching their breath.

While Iori holds onto himself and pants, he stares at Kyo, who wipes his mouth with a fist, giving a mocking look. “Have you realized that the victory is mine?”

Unfortunately, his launched punch is too weak that it’s enough for the redhead to move a bit and dodge the strike.

When the brunette harshly collapses on the gravel, he grunts.

“Tsk. Look who is talking?” Iori backfires as he bends and places his arm under his rival’s armpit. After they stand up together, he adds. “Either way, you’re going with me.”

Kyo only gives a questioning look. “What are you talking about?”

“Isn’t obvious? Your wounds need to be treated before you’ll face me next time.” Yagami explains while supporting the brunette.

After a while, they arrive at Iori’s apartment.

At first, the Kusanagi doubts his rival’s intentions when they enter the living room, and the redhead asks him to remove his black long-sleeved t-shirt.

Nevertheless, he does what is told and waits for Iori.

A few minutes pass. And thus, Yagami returns while carrying the first aid kit and sits close to him on the couch.

When the redhead opens the medkit and picks up the spray disinfectant, he orders. “Give me your arm.”

When Kyo turns his head away, he extends his arm. For now, he doesn’t mind how Iori holds his wrist or him examining his arm.

Yet, the sensation of the cold, stinging liquid sprayed over it makes him close his eyes.

“What’s wrong? It needs to be clean. So, hold it like this for a bit longer.” The redhead comments while he dries the disinfected area by gently tapping with the sterile cotton.

After he wraps the medical bandage around Kyo’s arm, he repeats the same process with another one.

Yet, the Kusanagi panics when Iori parts his legs with his knee and leans closer.

It doesn’t help that he cannot read the redhead’s serious face.

“The heck you’re doing?” The brunette widens his eyes and presses his back against the couch.

Meanwhile, Iori only narrows his gaze and sticks the white plaster on Kyo’s cheek.

After studying the brunette for longer, he remarks. “You don’t seem to have more wounds.”.

When Iori withdraws and tidies the left mess, he gets up and adds. “You can dress up and leave.”

For sure, ever since Iori brought him to his apartment after the NESTS lab incident, Kyo has noticed such weird behavior.

Of course, the brunette is curious whether Yagami is always like this or something bothers him.

That’s why he is determined to uncover the truth, even if he might get dragged out and thrown by the back of his collar.

When Kyo rests his hands behind his shoulders and sinks into the couch, he replies. “Why? I’m all good at staying here. Besides, I have no plans for tonight. So, be glad that I am gonna keep you a company.”

“Why do you have to be like this?” Iori facepalms.

The Kusanagi simply answers. “You’ve been acting strangely.”

“And you’re sticking your nose into other’s business as usual,” Iori complains.

“Then you wouldn’t put on a show like now if nothing happened. You’re in some sort of trouble, but you’re too stubborn to ask for help.” Kyo backfires.

As he lowers his arms and looks down, he feels a tightness in his throat, making it difficult to speak. After shakily exhaling, he adds while clenching his palms into the fists. “How can’t you understand that you’re not alone and the entire world is not your enemy? It’s okay to rely on others or at least on me if you don’t trust that much anyone, you know. And… I don’t want to see you suffering.”

Meanwhile, Yagami only rolls his eyes and thinks to himself. “Then do not interfere and leave me alone, you fool.”

Lastly, Kyo confesses in a calm tone. “I know I cannot lift your blood curse, nor you denounce your name to end it. However, at least let me relieve a part of your pain. Because I don’t want to lose you ever again.”

Suddenly, Iori corners his rival and grasps his throat while he doesn’t remove his eyes from him.

As his hand slides to the side of his neck, Kyo breathes a sigh of relief and looks at him, still in shock. “Yagami?”

“Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.” The redhead whispers.

Just before Kyo says anything else, he closes his eyes and gasps when Iori sinks his face into the crook of his neck and starts licking it.

Soon enough, the sound of the thunderstorm and heavy rain made him widen his eyes.

The sensation of how his sensitive neck is assaulted bewilders Kyo. All he can do is hold back from letting out the purring-like noises. More so, without realizing it, he wraps one arm around his partner’s shoulders.

After such a gesture, Iori withdraws his face and stares at Kyo. For now, he is just as confused as the brunette.

However, none of them say anything, or there is no need to waste time on that. A second later, the redhead gives a questioning look to the Kusanagi while his placed hand on his chest slides down his abs.

Of course, Kyo is aware of what it will lead to, but he doesn’t mind. If this is what his partner wants or simply seeking comfort, then so be it.

After all, it’s the person to whom he can entrust his life and body. Iori saw and accepted him when he was most vulnerable, pathetic, and broken.

Besides, it should be fine to do it with someone he knows rather than being violated by soulless machines and disposed of after fulfilling his purpose. Or so Kyo decides, as he only closes his eyes and nods.

More so, if he was disgusted or didn’t want it, he could still push Iori away and run. The fact that Iori had concealed these powerful feelings for an unknown length of time was more shocking than finally revealing them.

In the end, the brunette leaves the rest for his partner.

Several minutes pass. Aside from the raindrops rapidly tapping the window, the bedroom is filled with lover cries and groaning.

Only watching his long-time rival making such lewd, adorable expressions and sounds even more arouses Iori.

After all, it’s his first time seeing this side of Kyo. However, it only makes him desire of him more.

More so, the redhead hopes that nobody witnessed before or ever will something endearing that only belongs to him. He is even ready to kill anyone on the spot, whoever would dare to touch Kyo or take him away from him again.

Meanwhile, the brunette addresses his partner. “I don’t get it. You keep saying that you’ll kill me… But now… You.. you’re doing the opposite.”

When Iori stops moving, Kyo realizes he did something wrong and ruined the intimate moment.

However, he widens his eyes when Yagami holds his hands and pulls him to a kiss. At first, such a gesture genially confused Kyo.

After all, it’s only sex which only purpose is to use someone to get what you want, even if that person objects. Or so the brunette learned it the hard way.

That’s why, now it feels the opposite of what he had experienced in the lab. Surprisingly, it’s even something pleasant for him, and he doesn’t feel ashamed and stressed at all.

But for now, as soon as their fingers intertwine, Kyo blissfully closes his eyes while enjoying being embraced by Iori.

In the end, the Kusanagi can swear that the rain slowly soothes his scars from the past when he is being held by this man.

Back to the present.

Eventually, the storm finally calms down.

Suddenly, the Kusanagi’s struggling, and his sleepy voice returns the redhead to his senses. “What is it with you? Did you have a nightmare or something?”

Apparently, when Iori was staring out the window, he didn’t notice how he wrapped his arms around Kyo.

While Iori refuses to let him go, he replies. “Nothing. Just been thinking about something. So, go back to sleep.”

“And you need to use me as a plush toy for that?” The brunette genially asks.

However, he receives no answers, only having his head pressed against his partner’s chest.

Some time passed. It’s the beginning of the next day.

When Kyo gets up, the first thing is checking through the window. After noticing the view outside for a couple of minutes, he covers his face with one palm and fixes his hair upon remembering certain events. “You idiot…”

Perhaps yesterday, Iori saw the same rain as that one time.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fmkitty

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic