Bitter Sweet

Fmkitty

Title: Bitter Sweet
Fandom: Togainu no Chi
Pairing: Shiki x Akira
Characters: Shiki, Akira
Rating: +18 (Suggestive themes, Smut)
Summary: [This story was made as entry for November's month Aarinfantasy Writing Challenge.]
After a while of receiving provoking anonymous letters, Akira hopes that he can handle this problem on his own and without involving the commander.
However, the very little he knows how little it took to become something out of his hand...

[First chapter published on 2022-11-19. Completed on 2023-01-11]

Chapter 1.

It’s another average working day for one silver-haired secretary. After Akira finishes reviewing and signing the papers, he stretches out while sitting in the chair.

He opens his eyes and checks the clock on the wall to check whether his senses are correct.

Not a second too late or too early, just in time before the afternoon breaks start. But he should hurry up and serve the tea and snacks for the commander. Or so Akira reminds himself as he stands up and leaves the desk side.

It might be the most ordinary task, but the military secretary sees it as an important duty that no one can’t properly handle.

More importantly, it’s not a simple art to brew a fine coffee or tea. So, only within time, he mastered preparing perfectly brewed coffee or tea, which can be served to the most powerful man in the country.

Lastly, Akira wishes that at least during short afternoon breaks, the commander will relax. And, of course, to enjoy each other’s company.

But for now, something catches his eye.

How did he haven’t noticed it earlier? However, it is unusual for the commander to leave the letters for him. Why would he do it? Or so the silver-haired man wonders as he studies the blank envelope.

Even if he has a bad feeling about this, he needs to know what is inside.

After opening the envelope, Akira raises an eyebrow as he notices not only a letter but also a taken picture of him when he was not aware of it.

Unfortunately, it isn’t as cryptic and bizarre as the letter’s content. It never does.

The secretary has become paranoid that his every little movement is being observed and filmed by some freak. In this case, it becomes a part of his new routine. Despite that, it’s only barely a week of becoming this stalker’s target and receiving these unsettling letters.

Perhaps, this time, it might top any previously gotten messages.

For sure, it must be someone’s twisted joke. If so, someone needs to be punished for such foul and degrading language. Or so Akira thinks to himself as his insides twist, and he feels nothing but pure disgust toward that person.

Apparently, someone in this piece of paper in details explains how the poor secretary is being peeled off his uniform and indulging in these shameful acts together with this anonymous person.

However, he can’t force himself to reach even the second half of this letter. Yet, instead of throwing away the unwanted fan mail, Akira puts it back into the envelope and places it in the drawer along with other questionable-type letters.

After all, he has more important things to do and places to be. That’s why figuring out who harasses him and taking care of it can wait a bit longer.

Besides, this problem needs to be solved quietly and involving no one, including Shiki, right? Or so Akira convinces himself while hoping the commander won’t suspect anything weird.

But for now, when the secretary fixes the collar of his shirt, he leaves his office.

Some time passes. After receiving permission to enter inside, the silver-haired man closes the door behind him while carefully balancing the trace with a teapot and a couple of cups.

As Akira politely nods, he greets the supreme rule ‘‘Sorry for making you wait, sir.’’. Lastly, he fixes his posture and approaches Shiki’s desk.

Even from the first second being in the office, the blue-eyed secretary can sense the tension in the air. More so, it’s hard to tell what the commander thinks behind his calm face, which is impossible to read.

Perhaps, Shiki already learned about how his subordinate cannot handle minor harassment at work. Or worse, how he cannot solve such a minor issue. What if the commander was waiting for him only to tell him that he is dismissed and no longer needed? Or so Akira wonders.

Suddenly, he almost spills the hot tea on the corners by hearing Shiki’s voice ‘‘Does anybody bothers you?’’.

Yet, Akira tries to keep his poker face ‘‘What do you mean by that, sir?’’.

After opening his eyes, the commander replies ‘‘Not only you’ve been staying in your office for too long, but you are also too stiff.’’.

‘‘I’m pretty sure that might be in your imagination. Everything is under the control. That’s why you have no reason to worry about, sir.’’ Or so the silver-haired secretary objects after leaving the teapot on the tray.

However, when he turns around and is about to leave, he instantly straightens his back and is stopped by the brief command ‘‘Sit down. Aren’t you going to join me?’’.

In the end, the silver-haired man cannot disobey. Yet, this time, he prefers to avoid facing Shiki. After he lowers his gaze, he sighs ‘‘Yes... I understand.’’.

Meanwhile, the commander sees something is wrong, and it annoys him how his subordinate hides something from him. But for now, he understands that beating the answers out of Akira will be useless.

After a long day at the office, they finally returned to the mansion. Even after getting into bed, Akira distances himself from the commander despite being close to him.

Some time passed. It is almost midnight.

Suddenly, Shiki’s peaceful slumber is interrupted by weird noises and someone struggling and cannot find a rest. Despite that, he ceases his murderous intentions when he realizes who woke him up.

Apparently, his subordinate mumbles something under his nose while his body twitches. More so, he turned his back to Shiki and curled into a ball.

Yet, when the dark-haired man slightly touches Akira’s shoulder, he instantly catches the thrown attack.

Surprisingly, his subordinate talks during his sleep ‘‘Let… let me go. I don’t want this.’’.

After releasing Akira’s wrist, Shiki only observes how his subordinate hugs himself while continuing to fight his enemy in his sleep. Lastly, no matter what kind of trouble his secretary is in, he’ll mercilessly kill anyone who made him suffer like this.

But for now, he brings the silver-haired man close to him and to face him.

Even if Akira continues to resist his nightmare, he is aware of being moved around.

Instead of waking up his poor secretary, Shiki pulls him into a hug and strokes his hair.

Eventually, Akira stops to struggle, and before falling into a peaceful slumber, he rubs his cheek against the commander’s chest.

Perhaps, Shiki won’t rest tonight, yet, it might be just a tiny price to monitor that his most loyal subordinate would be safe during his sleep.

However, if Akira refuses to tell him what bothers him, the supreme ruler has to start a deep investigation soon.

A couple of days have passed since the last time Akira received these anonymous love letters. Despite his suspicious intuition telling him something is wrong, he wants to believe that his stalker finally got bored with him and left him alone.

Unfortunately, he has no idea that the trouble is only around the corner.

When Akira is done with the health checkups and leaves the procedure room, he heads to his office until he is stopped by the voice behind him ‘‘Captain!’’.

Apparently, it is one of the newly recruited soldiers whom Akira already knows for him being a troublemaker.

“What is it?” The silver-haired secretary asks as he turns back.

Soon enough, he widens his eyes as he receives a bouquet of roses and the small box of chocolates along with the announcement “Pl-please, accept it, captain!”.

While Akira holds the presents and keeps his straight face, he asks “What is the meaning of this?”.

After a brief pause, he narrows his gaze and adds in a suspicious tone ‘‘Wait… Aren’t you that same secret admirer who keeps sending me letters? However, even if you show yourself and admit your fault, I won’t soften your punishment or tolerate anyone going against the commander and such foul language. Explain yourself!’’.

Meanwhile, the poor junior soldier is cornered and genially scared for his life. After all, he heard the rumors about captain Akira being so cold and scary, but he hasn’t expected it to be the truth.

Nevertheless, he objects ‘‘Please, forgive me, sir! But I have no idea what you are talking about… All I was asked to do is to deliver these to you, sir! I didn’t mean to hurt you.’’.

Yet, the blue-eyed secretary continues demanding the answers ‘‘Then, who is it?’’.

‘‘I was told not to tell anyone, including you. Because if I did, that person would be upset that I ruined his surprise for you, and you would sentence me to death with that person. I’m terribly sorry, but this is what I can say.’’ Or so the rookie explains while secretly praying for mercy.

In the end, Akira sighs ‘‘I do not kill people from left to right unless you are a threat to the commander. Even if you dare to show even the slightest disrespect to him, I only punish you or anyone for what you have done. That’s all. However, you will help me if you tell me who sent you. And I promise nothing happens to you because, as your captain, it’s my duty to keep my squad under my protection.’’.

When the military secretary asks him in such a way and even shows faith in him, there is impossible to decline such a request.

After taking a deep breath, the junior soldier confesses ‘‘I-I understand… Then, I suggest you talk with lieutenant Marude, sir. So, can I go now, please?’’.

‘‘Yeah, you are dismissed. But before that, can you do me one more favor?’’ Or so Akira asks. ‘‘Can you take leave it in the nurse’s office? If anyone wonders what for, you can tell them that these are from me.’’ He adds as he returns the received gifts.

Yet, as the secretary feels the small box is slipped into his uniform’s jacket, the soldier explains ‘‘Um, the lieutenant also mentioned that he wanted to give it to the commander. But he also told me you are the only person allowed to enter the commander’s office. So…’’.

‘‘Fine. You can tell him that I already did it. If you have nothing else to say, you are dismissed.’’ Or so Akira replies.

Lastly, the rookie nods with natural excitement and admiration towards his captain before rushing ‘‘Y-yes!’’.

After his subordinate leaves, Akira feels slightly relieved as he gets ridden of the burden. However, he knows that there is something wrong with these chocolates. Therefore, he has to test them by himself before delivering them to Shiki.

Meanwhile, he hasn’t even the slightest idea that the commander kept an eye on him as a panther who is ready to tackle his next target.

Just as the blue-eyed secretary reaches his office’s door, he is startled as someone hugs him from behind. Soon enough, he recognizes to who belong these arms and whose head rests on his shoulder.

‘‘Commander, what are you-?’’ Akira asks before his voice is cut by Shiki covering his eyes with his palm and assaulting his neck by sucking it and licking it.

After the military secretary’s failed attempt to push the dark-haired man away while being in his embrace, all he can do is speak up in a shivery voice ‘‘Sir… You can’t do this… We’re in public. There is no time for that. What if anyone sees you?’’.

‘‘And so? I don’t see any problem.’’ Or so Shiki backfires as he lifts his gaze.

Instead of allowing the commander to ruin his image, Akira closes his eyes and pushes him away ‘‘But I do!’’. After realizing what he has done, all he can do is widen his eyes and deeply breathe while rubbing the teased spot.

When the supreme ruler cracks a smile, he takes a step closer to his subordinate ‘‘If that is so? When did you learn to talk back? Perhaps, I should discipline you once I kill that arrogant boy.’’.

Suddenly, Akira realizes Shiki has noticed him talking with the rookie soldier from earlier. Therefore, he must let him know that it’s nothing but a misunderstanding and that there is no reason for the commander to be upset.

As he directly stares with his big blue determined eyes, he defends himself ‘‘I assume you saw that one of my squad members delivered me the flowers. However, let me tell you one thing. I’ll take nothing from strangers or what I didn’t ask for. That’s why I did what I was supposed to do, and I returned it.’’.

After placing the silver-haired secretary places his hand on his chest and grasps it, he continues ‘‘I remind you as many times as needed - I’ll rather chew on the dry bone given by the beloved hand than eat a juicy steak from the enemy. Besides, nothing will replace or be close to your kindness or anything else you have done for me… I could never repay for it, no matter how many lives it will take.’’.

This honest confession sparkles the excitement in Shiki’s red eyes and satisfies him. Yet, while he has a chance, he teases his subordinate ‘‘Hmph. Then, strip and place your hands on the wall.’’.

Not only does Akira feel the heat in his cheeks, but he also grids his teeth while giving an indignant look ‘‘Please, take it more seriously! I… I’m pouring you what I think and feel, and you…’’. Lastly, he shakily raises his hand and is about to slap the commander.

Despite that, Shiki remains calm.

Even just a second before the impact, Akira’s hand freezes, and he closes his eyes. After a brief pause, he lowers his shoulders and shakily opens his eyes ‘‘I will understand if you want to punish me for that, sir. But, consider this. What could happen to you if you lower your guard and show your weaknesses?’’.

Suddenly, the supreme ruler pulls his secretary’s hand and brings him closer. After wrapping his arm around the waist, he presses his lips against his subordinate’s and pulls him into a deep kiss.

Akira instantly widens his eyes, but soon he blissfully closes them. After a while, he is dumbfounded and feels like a drunk when Shiki withdraws his face.

As the dark-haired man holds his subordinate’s chin, he delightfully looks at him ‘‘What is it?~ It’s your fault for revealing yourself like this. So, I needed to remind you that.’’.

Suddenly, the silver-haired man is instantly released from the spell when the commander takes something from his pocket and comments ‘‘Not accepting anything from anyone else hand… Are lying to me with such a straight face?’’.

Yet, Akira quickly explains ‘‘He told me that he was asked by lieutenant Marude to give it to you, sir. By no means I intended to eat it alone. However, I wanted to check it wasn’t poisoned before giving it to you. That’s why, if I won’t return in a half hour at the latest... You can assume that someone attempted to murder you. ’’.

Meanwhile, Shiki narrows his gaze without saying a word. Yet, he is surprised when his subordinate takes his hand in his.

Even when he gently holds his hand, Akira softens his gaze “Please, have faith in me, sir! I promise, I return to you as always.”.

From that gaze alone, the commander can sense that his subordinate has no ill intentions and is not trying to deceive him.

Despite his urge to throw away these chocolates and embrace his secretary, he handles them back.

For now, he has to play along with Akira’s rules, or at least until he closes his office door, and wait as long as it takes.

After entering inside, Akira notices another envelope lying on his desk.

Perhaps, it’s another letter from the mysterious person. But for now, it can wait. After all, there is a more important task to deal with right now.

Even if he doesn’t trust what is inside the box, he convinces himself that it’s for the commander’s sake.

After untying the ribbon and opening the lid, he notices that these chocolate candies are no different in their look and scent from any other.

Yet, the secretary doesn’t hesitate and picks a random piece.

By there is nothing significant about these candies. It tastes like average dark chocolate with the liquid filling, which leaves the cheap alcohol’s after-taste.

In the end, it was a false alert. The worst thing about these chocolates is their poor taste. Although, Akira has to keep the promise and deliver them to the commander.

As the silver-haired man puts back the lid, he feels how slowly his temperature is rising and how his head feels filled with cotton.

What if he caught a cold? In any case, he should be fine. He has to. Otherwise, he would disappoint Shiki. Or so Akira convinces himself.

After he places the neatly packed box of chocolates, he shivers while his entire body feels set on fire.

While the poor secretary barely walks to the nearest wall to lean, he shakily grasps his chest and feverishly breathes ‘‘Shit… That’s not good. I need to warn the commander!’’.

Unfortunately, his own body finally betrays him. Suddenly, he loses control of it and falls like a rag doll on the ground.

More importantly, the more he struggles to get up or move, the worse his condition gets. Lastly, along with the unbearable heat, his body becomes too sensitive to even the slightest touch.

In the end, Akira fails to curl into a ball and waits for his pathetic end by a mere fever while hoping that his dead body would warn the commander that someone attempted to murder him. But for now, every second feels like an eternity until his life thread will be cut.

Meanwhile, the sound of someone collapsing on the ground is enough to tell that Shiki shouldn’t have left Akira alone.

When he slams the door and storms in, he is alerted by seeing his subordinate suffering. Fortunately, his instincts act fast.

After kneeling in front of his secretary, he places his arms under Akira’s armpits and is about to stand up with him.

Yet, the secretary’s sudden moan almost makes him drop his subordinate, who eventually slips through his arms.

For now, all Akira can do is half sit while he leans on his hands and stares at the commander with a flustered yet demanding gaze and feverishly breathing ‘‘There is something wrong with the candies, sir… Someone may have poisoned them. I’m sorry to ask you, but could you drop me into a cold shower? I cannot waste the time recovering in the nurse’s office because someone attempts to kill you.’’.

As Shiki observes the shivering secretary, he removes his uniform jacket ‘‘Hmph. Is this your only concern? You’re going with me.’’. Lastly, when he throws the jacket on his subordinate and gets close to him, the commander picks him in his arms and stands up.

While Akira clings to him and buries his face into his chest to surpass his voice, Shiki leaves the office.

But for now, taking care of his loyal subordinate is a more important task, and investing in the secretary’s office and finding the culprit can wait.

Even if some officers on his way stare at him, Shiki gives them a brief command to bring the same lieutenant, who took advantage of Akira’s devotion and naiveness, into the interrogation room and lock him until further notice.

Some time passed. Finally, when the commander reaches the bedroom, he lies his subordinate down and sits next to him.

It seems that a mere drug corrupted the most reserved and strict secretary’s body and mind and turned him into nothing more than a slave of pleasure. Even these blue eyes beg for any touch to be relieved.

When the supreme ruler is about to place his palm on his subordinate’s chest, he is stopped by the amorous voice ‘‘There are more important things than this. The person who tried to poison you is still roaming free. I… We need to capture him first.’’.

Yet, Shiki is busy unbuttoning Akira’s jacket. As he removes the unnecessary piece of clothing, he comments ‘‘Are you telling me what to do? Raise your hands.’’.

Meanwhile, the silver-haired man follows the orders and lowers his blushing gaze. He doesn’t question the commander and allows him to pin his hands. After all, if this is what Shiki wants to do before he perishes, he’ll give his best and cherish his last moments with his most important person.

Lastly, Akira fixates his gaze on the commander, who removes his tie, and with one sudden move opens his shirt.

When Shiki holds his partner’s chin and with the thumb parts his lips, he leans closer to him.

Suddenly, Akira turns his face away ‘‘You can’t do this, sir!’’.

After a brief pause, he returns his gaze and notices the irritated commander while defending himself ‘‘I don’t want you to swallow the poison.’’.

In the end, the dark-haired man’s eyes sparkle with excitement, and he shuts up the secretary by pulling him into a deep kiss.

At the moment, even such a simple thing sends electricity down Akira’s spine, and he easily submits to such a pleasant sensation. After blissfully closing his eyes, he allows Shiki inside.

If his wrists weren’t restrained, he would wrap his arms around the commander while drowning in ecstasy. Yet, he isn’t sure why he is so unusually oversensitive just by Shiki exploring every little part inside him.

The blue-eyed secretary is concerned that he is selfishly enjoying himself and might climax only by kissing. Unfortunately, his primal instincts take over his mind, and he lets out soft moans in between, catching his breath.

It doesn’t help that now he can feel through his uniform pants how Shiki rubs his groan. Despite his weak struggle to stop his partner, he cannot hold any longer and climaxes.

Soon enough, the commander with-draws his face and delightfully observes the amorous creature in front of him. Even so, when he unbuckles his subordinate’s belt and removes it, he ties up his hands around the bed frame.

At this point, it isn’t necessary because his secretary won’t resist and run away. On the other hand, it’s only for disciplinary purposes. Lastly, the supreme ruler removes the bothering pants and underwear.

After climbing on top of Akira, Shiki leans close to whisper in his ear ‘‘Hmph. You are still hard? Good. But you can’t pass out yet. You still need to be reminded to whom you belong~’’.

Perhaps, the commander’s voice barely reaches the secretary, who is still on cloud nine. But after feeling how the ebony-haired man sucks on his neck, Akira suddenly gasps.

More so, it doesn’t help that while Shiki marks his neck and licks it, his hand traces down from his neck to the chest.

If Akira had the strength or will to resist, he would brush away the hungry commander. Yet, he can’t understand why his partner needs to mark someone who will die soon.

Hell, all this time when Shiki leaves the bite marks and spots on his neck and around the collarbone, the drunken secretary only lets out shivery sighs and sweet moans with cries.

Even as he nibs his subordinate’s chest, he cannot fully enjoy those lovely sounds. The thought that someone wanted to snatch Akira from him and mess with him infuriates him and makes him grasp the cross resting on his chest.

Meanwhile, when their eyes meet up, all Akira can do is blush harder and close his eyes after seeing such a possessive gaze.

Lastly, the commander’s fingertips trace down below the belly. After grasping his subordinate’s weeping arousal, he begins stroking it.

Suddenly, the secretary opens his eyes when he feels a couple of familiar fingers inside his mouth. With no second thought, he knows what he needs to do.

Yet, when Shiki pleasures him, it’s difficult for him to focus on such a simple task. Despite that, he wants to accomplish his last duty.

Meanwhile, the dark-haired man is satisfied by seeing how his loyal secretary licks his fingers while giving him a lewd and adoring look. Besides, it is one of those rare occasions when he can enjoy seeing Akira being honest about his needs and showing the side that no one is allowed to dream of.

Just when Shiki tightens his grasp around his subordinate’s dick and fastens his hand movement, his partner again climaxes. Lastly, he observes how the silver-haired man fixates his dizzy empty gaze on nothing while catching his breath and being covered in his own hot mess. More importantly, Akira’s body is begging for attention.

How strong the drug was that it could turn his secretary into such a sensitive yet gluttonous creature? Whoever poisoned Akira knew what they were going for. However, now he must do anything in his power to release his subordinate from the curse of this awful drug. Even if he might break his precious secretary’s mind. Or so the commander decides.

After untying the belt, he releases his secretary from the restraint.

Yet, Akira lets out a sudden gasp as he feels how Shiki makes him lie on his stomach and lifts his hips into the air. Even if it is an embarrassing position, he impatiently waits for something to fill his insides.

When he turns his lustful and demanding gaze to the supreme ruler, he asks in a sweet tone ‘‘Sir… Please. I don’t know how long I can last before I’ll die. That’s why… Please, put it in.’’.

Meanwhile, Shiki loosens his tie and unbuttons his shirt while giving a teasing look ‘‘Have you already forgotten my name?’’.

After he rests his palm on his secretary’s lower back, and with the other one inserts his fingers inside Akira, he adds ‘‘It can’t be helped… I need you to help to remember it.’’.

Even if his subordinate barely holdbacks his voice while Shiki messes with his ring muscle, he demands ‘‘That is not enough… So, please, cut it out and do it already!’’.

Yet, the dark-haired man cracks a smile while purposely hitting missing his secretary’s special spot and watching how his partner gives such a frustrated look and letting groaning noises. Besides, if this is the only way to get what he wants, then so be it.

‘‘Sir, take this more seriously. What if I may die before making you feel good?’’ Or so, adds Akira when time from time Shiki rubs his prostate. Lastly, he lowers his gaze ‘‘Shiki…’’.

For sure, hearing his own name is enough to move the supreme ruler and spark excitement in his eyes. That’s why he decides to reward the secretary by continuously hitting his special spot.

Meanwhile, Akira buries his face in the pillow to suppress his voice and can feel his knees going weak. In this case, he might break if he comes one more time. So, he gives his best to endure at least the preparation part.

After a while, he feels the commander removing his fingers from him. However, soon enough, something big and hotter instantly penetrates him.

Suddenly, the secretary widens his eyes and gasps as he finishes again.

But before Shiki starts to move, he takes Akira’s wrists and pulls his hands from behind ‘‘What is it? If want to come, come. However, for each time you’ll have to make it up~’’.

And with these words, the dark-haired man slowly penetrates his partner. As he roughly moves, he remarks ‘‘Despite how many times you finished, you are still tight. Are you that desperate for me? Or anyone will do for you?’’.

For sure, such a comment shocks the blue-eyed secretary. Nevertheless, while the cross on his neck swings like a mad and hits his chest, he gives the best answer he can ‘‘I… My body and heart… All… All of it… All, belong to you. I’ll… I’ll rather die than… betray you.’’.

In the end, he couldn’t finish his speech, which is cut by his own moans and cries. Akira can swear that if Shiki keeps such a fast and deep rhythm, he will even reach and hit his belly piercing.

But for now, the commander stops moving and releases his hands.

What if his words aren’t enough, and now he’ll be left alone? Or so this is what the silver-haired man is concerned.

As he leans on his elbows, he can sense how Shiki exposes his shoulders and presses his chest against Akira’s back.

After the dark-haired man starts moving again, he bites into his partner’s shoulder. For sure, it makes the secretary arch his back and shivery gasp. Even at a moment like this, this kind of pain turns Akira on.

However, as soon as the first blood shows up, the commander licks the left wound, which only deeper drowns his subordinate in pleasure.

Soon enough, Akira can feel how Shiki stretches his insides even more.

Perhaps, that is the commander’s response. Or maybe he’ll reach his limit soon. Yet, it doesn’t matter anymore. All the secretary knows is that he is glad he could satisfy Shiki at least once.

After the dark-haired man fastens his movement and lets out a silent groan, he pulls his partner into a deep kiss and closes his crimson eyes.

Lastly, Akira feels how Shiki finally fills him with hot semen and is still pulsing inside him. Even if his partner lies on top of him, the secretary understands that this is only the beginning.

But it’s fine. As long as his most important person is satisfied, losing his mind in the process would be just a small price. Besides, the military secretary trusts the commander enough to let him be his eyes or lead him.

For now, Akira gives an adoring gaze while reaching out to Shiki’s hair and gently stroking it before the second round begins.

Some time passes. After a few more rounds Shiki is satisfied, and the drug’s effect, which made his precious secretary suffer, is finally worn out and left his body. Or so the commander assumes as he watches over the peacefully resting Akira.

However, no matter how much he doesn’t want to get up, he has to get up and wash his partner and himself, too. Otherwise, he won’t be so happy to lie in the mess.

After lazily sitting up, Shiki brushes his hair away and is about to get up.

But he turns his head when he hears a painful groaning. When he places his palm on Akira’s forehead, he wonders whether someone is having a nightmare.

Suddenly, the silver-haired man opens his eyes, and while he covers his mouth, he turns to another side to throw out.

Whether it’s the drug’s side effect, Shiki refuses to sit and do nothing. After he makes sure that Akira won’t choke, he has to wait until his partner’s nausea ceases.

That’s why in the meantime, the dark-haired man quickly searches for something for Akira.

Eventually, the secretary stops throwing up and trembles like a leaf. Yet, he widens his eyes after he feels how his shoulders are wrapped in the long shirt.

For now, he turns his head and speaks up in a quiet, shaky voice ‘‘S-Sir?… What are you?…’’.

‘‘Dress up, and let’s go.’’ Or so Shiki briefly replies.

As he puts on the given shirt, he asks ‘‘Where?’’.

Instead of wasting any time on useless talk, the crimson-eyed man puts on the bathrobe and helps Akira stand up while supporting him. While Shiki walks the sick secretary, he replies with slight irritation ‘‘To the bathroom. You need to be cleaned. Any objections?’’.

Yet, Akira only closes his eyes and shakes his head while leaning closer to the commander.

In the end, Shiki calls the maids to tidy the bedroom and get clean clothes for his secretary.

After washing the blue-eyed secretary and himself and coming back together to the bedroom, Shiki helps his partner change into the clean pajama, even if Akira wanted to do it by himself.

When both get into a bed, the commander stays by his precious subordinate’s side until he falls asleep and makes sure that nothing happens to him - not during his sleep or when he awakes.

For tonight, the supreme ruler decides to sacrifice his rest to watch over and take care of Akira. Meanwhile, tomorrow’s problems will be left for tomorrow.

It is the beginning of the next day. Surprisingly, Shiki is the one who wakes up first while his secretary is tightly sleeping.

However, instead of disturbing his rest, he allows Akira to sleep and recover as long as he needs.

After he carefully gets up, he leaves the bedroom. Besides, today he has important work to do as taking down one human trash.

Some time passes. When Shiki enters his subordinate’s office, he notices that on the desk with the left chocolates, there is an unopened envelope.

Without any second, the military tyrant checks the letter and starts reading it. However, just a couple of sentences are enough to infuriate him.

Instead of shredding the piece of paper, which describes how someone is excited to finally meet Akira and turn him into a personal toy after giving the presents, Shiki throws it away and investigates his secretary’s office.

Thankfully, for Akira’s habit of being organized and sorting every single paper, he doesn’t need to destroy the entire room. And thus, in the lower drawer, he founds a pile of blank envelopes and on top a small note in his secretary’s writing saying ‘for deeper investigation and finding the clues ’.

At this point, Shiki isn’t sure whether he should thank his secretary for saving his time or be mad that behind his back Akira is getting abused and silently enduring it.

However, the more he reads these anonymous letters and even notices various pictures of his subordinate, the more he feels how his blood boils and how his hands are itching to beat the living shit out of that person before killing him.

Although, if he gets blinded by pure rage, he’ll never find the culprit. Therefore, he has to study the letters. Fortunately, he notices that these were written by the same person.

After comparing the latest letter with the older ones, Shiki realizes it is from the same person.

‘‘So, you finally revealed yourself, you filthy swine… You wrote for yourself a death sentence.’’ Or so the supreme ruler growls and grids his teeth as he ruffles and tosses the most recent abomination.

As the commander’s eyes burn with fury, he storms out of the office and heads toward the interrogation room.

Anyone who notices the supreme ruler roaming with his revealed blade to his destination place moves out of his way while fearing for their lives. Even one wrong gaze at the commander can cost someone’s life.

When Shiki reaches the interrogation room, he orders the guards to spread a message to prepare the stage for the public execution, then, a small bottomless cage, a surgeon, and rats while he’ll takes care of the traitor. After all, when rats are in danger, they will eat their way out.

It is the next day, and as with any afternoon break, Akira shows up at the same exact time in the commander’s office while carrying the plate with brewed tea and snacks.

After entering inside, the secretary greets Shiki and pours a cup of aromatic tea for him and himself.

‘‘You seem to get well in no time.’’ Or so the commander remarks when his secretary sits next to him.

While the silver-haired man holds the cup, he replies in a confident tone ‘‘Everything is thanks for your care and attention. No words or actions could show you enough how I’m grateful for that, and I will be never able to repay for your kindness, sir.’’.

‘‘Then, answer me this - are you familiar with what drugs are aphrodisiacs?’’ Shiki asks.

For sure, such a question almost makes the silver-haired man choke ‘‘I beg your pardon, sir. Why are you asking this?’’.

Yet, Shiki briefly backfires ‘‘I asked - yes or no?’’.

As the secretary grasps his own thigh, he tries to reply as formally as possible ‘‘Y-yes, I heard it is an effective way of getting the answers or breaking someone’s will. But I haven’t used this torture method. Is there anyone who needs to be interrogated by using that, sir?’’.

No matter how much Akira doesn’t wish that the commander would ask him to use such drastic measures, he prefers to avoid using it, but he feels he is not in a position to object. On the other hand, he wants to believe that Shiki is not that kind of person and that he will never use a drug to get what he wants.

Meanwhile, the supreme ruler can see through Akira’s poker face that he is uncomfortable and that the cup in his hand trembles.

That’s why, instead of stressing out his subordinate, he gets straight to the point ‘‘Relax. I there is no need for that.’’. As he notices how the secretary lets out a silent relieved sigh, he continues ‘‘Yesterday I sent to the laboratory your received candies. Today, I received a report that they were filled with a powerful aphrodisiac.’’. After a short pause, he adds ‘‘The same person who wrote you these letters attempted to drug you, Akira.’’

For sure, the poor secretary realizes he made a terrible mistake and that he is screwed.

Only the sound of shattered porcelain returns Akira to his senses and he is about to stand up “I.. I’m terribly sorry, sir. Let me clean it-“.

Yet, he immediately feels the commander’s hand on his shoulder and put down by his voice “Sit. And leave it here.”.

After Shiki gets his subordinate’s attention, he continues to explain “I’ve already captured and executed that arrogant bastard. Let that pathetic corpse eaten by rats be a warning to anyone who tries to lay a finger on you.”.

After exhaling, Shiki comments “However, I’m disappointed that someone dares to take away you from behind my back. More so, I may learn that when it’s too late. Do you not trust me that much, Akira?”.

One thing is for sure, hearing these words is as sharp and painful as the countless blades constantly penetrating his chest.

Akira knows defending himself will be useless. Yet, no matter how the words stuck inside his throat, he confesses “You are wrong, sir! I... I never have doubted you or questioned your decisions! However, I didn’t want to upset and bother you with my problems. After all, it’s not an actual harm because it’s only words! Besides, I didn’t want to disappoint and embarrass you by not being able to handle such a small but shameful problem.”.

That’s it! This is the last drop of the supreme ruler. When he closes his eyes and stands up, he sends a harsh slap across Akira’s face.

The poor secretary dumbfounded stares at Shiki while touching his stinging cheek.

Even from that glaring alone, he can tell that he upset the commander while all he did was tell what he thinks is the truth.

Meanwhile, the commander prompts his subordinate ‘‘You do not understand it yet… Fine. Clean this up and come with me.’’.

However, Akira doesn’t question Shiki’s orders and follows them as usual without being aware of what awaits him.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fmkitty

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 2.

After entering the interrogation room, Shiki locks the door from the inside, and his subordinate already knows what he needs to do.

When Akira removes his uniform jacket and gives it to the commander, he walks to the wall and waits while preparing himself for the punishment.

Yet, one thing is to deliver anyone the punishment they deserved, while another is being a prisoner. Although, he is not afraid or will beg for mercy like his victims. If this is what the commander wants, he has to accept it. Or so the secretary convinces himself as he kneels and gives one hand to Shiki.

Even if Akira is restrained by the chains, he keeps his faithful eyes on the supreme ruler.

However, he is caught off guard when Shiki removes his tie and blindfolds him while asking ‘‘Sir, is this necessary?’’.

Instead of answering, the dark-haired man asks ‘‘Have you ever been left in the uncertainty of what happens to you next? Or the feeling of what you should do when you cannot see what is happening behind your back?’’. And thus, with these words, he leaves the room.

Meanwhile, Akira patiently waits for his return. Yet, no matter how much time passes, there are no signs that the commander will return soon.

At this point, he focuses all his senses on hearing while hoping he’ll catch even the slightest noise from outside. Although, the only sounds that keep him company are his own breathing, his cloth rustling, or the moving chains.

Suddenly, the creaking metal door alerts him. Yet, soon enough, he recognizes to whom belong the footsteps.

Even when the blue-eyed secretary calls the commander, he doesn’t receive any response. On the other hand, he can sense that Shiki is close to him.

As Akira’s chin is roughly held, he asks “...Sir?”.

Once again, no reply, not a single word. Yet, he can sense the commander’s gaze on him, even if he cannot tell whether it is a disappointed, mad, or upset look.

After Shiki removes his hand from his subordinate, the secretary can only hear further steps and how he unwraps something.

Suddenly, the secretary gasps as he feels an instant burning slash across his chest. Before he says anything else, he hears another cracking noise and how the whip stings his body.

Strike after strike, the silver-haired man’s body aches from the constant burning pain and the feeling of how warm blood runs against his skin. Soon enough, even his remains of clothes soak in the crimson liquid and stick to his skin.

Despite that, he swallows his pride and refuses cowardly beg for mercy or to stop.

Yet, the military secretary realizes that something is off.

As someone who is taught by the supreme ruler how to crack a whip and inflict most of the damage and deadly accuracy, Akira can sense Shiki refuses to unleash the bullwhip’s full potential.

After all, such a heavy whip made from sturdy leather can separate flesh from bones. Therefore, this whip should have torn his skin as paper.

However, there is also another possibility. Perhaps Shiki uses a light whip, which barely scratches.

Why should the commander go easy on him? It doesn’t matter whether or not he is a personal secretary. Because anyone who opposes the commander must be judged and punished for what they have done. More importantly, such words as an exception should not exist. Or so Akira believes.

Just as the blindfold around the silver-haired man’s eyes loosens, he is shocked to notice that Shiki is holding back from using the full power of the bullwhip.

In the end, the supreme ruler lowers the whip and closes his eyes ‘‘You finally had enough of it.’’.

After a brief pause, he opens his eyes and continues while fixating his gaze on his tortured subordinate ‘‘Have you been counting how many strikes you received? …I thought so. However, this is as many as you got these letters. Now you also finally understand what it feels when you were dealing with all this behind my back.’’. Lastly, he adds ‘‘Fine. You are dismissed.’’.

Meanwhile, Akira lowers his head when he hears such words. Even when Shiki approaches him, he accepts the fact that as soon as he’ll be released from the chains and is left alone to lick his wounds.

Perhaps, the commander might be kind enough to return his jacket. At least he would wrap it around his shoulders and stay here for a while before he can walk to the nurse’s office. Of course, it won’t be surprising if Shiki fires him because of how he behaved. Or so Akira convinces himself.

However, the commander’s voice returned him to this world ‘‘Lift your head. Or do you want to stay here?’’.

Even if his subordinate keeps his head hung, Shiki only kneels in front of him and sighs while undoing the chains from one hand and another.

Instead of harshly hitting the ground, Akira widens his eyes as he is caught in the Shiki’s arms and pulled into a hug.

At first, the poor secretary attempts to push him away and not dirty the commander’s uniform with his blood.

Yet, the dark-haired man refuses to let him go and pulls into a tighter hug.

For now, all Akira can do is shakily speak up in a dumbfounded tone while ignoring his aching body ‘‘Co… commander?’’. He genially cannot understand such an unexpected gesture from the supreme ruler. Lastly, he closes his eyes and exhales.

Finally, he realizes maybe Shiki didn’t want to do this, yet he had no other choice.

What if he has driven the commander insane by unintentionally turning his back on him by stubbornly refusing to rely on him? Maybe if he told about his harassment since day one, he would have ended up with only Shiki executing this person and not stressing himself.

What if the commander misunderstood Akira’s intentions to solve such a minor problem on his own, without ruining Shiki’s reputation by how he cannot handle anything? Or could it be that even someone like the military tyrant himself was simply concerned about his subordinate’s well-being and wanted to rely on him no matter how small or big is the problem?

For now, the blue-eyed secretary smiles and thinks to himself ‘‘If this is what you were trying to say all this time?’’. Lastly, when he closes his eyes, he wraps his arms around Shiki ‘‘…You are too kind, sir.’’. Yet, he keeps silent these three simple but most difficult-to-say words.

After all, Akira is afraid to ruin such a moment by how he refers to unnecessary words. Instead, he decides his actions should speak louder than any words.

No matter how much the blue-eyed secretary politely insisted that he can walk, his shaky standing ended up in failure. And thus, Shiki carries him like a wounded princess to the nurse’s office.

Of course, the least worrying thing for Akira is if anyone notices how he is carried in such a manner and makes the commander look like he returned from the massacre. Yet, he is more concerned that he is giving Shiki unnecessary trouble and would only exhaust him.

After a while, they reach the destination place, and the door is unlocked.

As the dark-haired man lays down his subordinate on the procedure bed, Akira addresses him “It’s okay, sir. I can wait here until the nurse comes.”.

When the secretary expects Shiki to leave, he notices that he locks the door from the inside and hangs his uniform jacket. More so, he rolls up his sleeves.

Did the commander plan to bring him here to relieve his needs? Or so Akira wonders while he gives a slightly irritated look.

Yet, he is not that afraid that his wounds will get worse. He is concerned that his pathetic face and whining will disappoint Shiki.

As the commander sits close to him and leans to his neck, the secretary turns his head “I don’t want to ruin your mood, sir. However, can it wait for another time?”.

“What? If I don’t clean it, it will get infected.” Or so Shiki replies.

Before Akira says anything, he widens his eyes as the commander pins his hands with one hand while the other tears his shirt. Lastly, he closes his eyes when Shiki licks his neck.

However, the secretary is surprised that even someone like the merciless military tyrant would kiss him in whatever place his tongue traces.

More so, as soon as Shiki’s tongue reaches his fresh wounds, all Akira can do is turn his head away while trying to surpass these silent groans.

Suddenly, the secretary opens his eyes as his hands are released, and how the same hand that held his wrists now sinks into his hair.

Even if he is confused by such a commander’s unusual behavior, he allows him to do as he pleases.

At this point, the secretary even feels like being groomed and cleaned by the giant feline.

Nevertheless, he doesn’t mind the pain when his injuries all over his upper body are touched. Besides, it almost gives a weird ticklish sensation mixed with pain. And without realizing it, Akira’s hand reaches to touch Shiki’s hair.

Yet, the secretary gets alerted when the commander freezes at the same point and understands he did something wrong.

Despite that, when Shiki lifts his head and their eyes meet, Akira feels his heart skips a beat.

Instead of seeing the irritated commander, Akira is bewildered by how Shiki gives him a delighted look and lets out purring-like noises.

In the end, Shiki gracefully leaves his subordinate’s side and orders him to remove his shirt and pants while he needs to wash his hands and look up something in the drawers.

Meanwhile, the secretary doesn’t question such a decision and does what he needs to.

After Shiki returns caring a bunch of medical bandages, clothing, and alcohol spray, he asks his subordinate to sit for a better examination of his wounds.

Suddenly, Akira gasps as the burning pain spread through his chest when the alcohol reaches his wounds. Yet, he turns his head away and deeply breathes while the commander sprays the medical alcohol on his wounds.

As the alcohol runs down his skin and washes down the light red blood, the secretary can feel how a tiny piece of clothing gently taps against his injuries and rubbing around the healthy spots.

It isn’t a pleasant procedure, but Akira reminds himself that he has to endure for a bit longer and not embarrass himself in front of Shiki.

He doesn’t know why instead of leaving the wound treatment to the medical staff, the supreme ruler treats him. After all, it’s not the obligation or responsibility of the most powerful man in the country to aid his subordinates. If anything, someone like Shiki should discard and replace anyone who is not suitable to serve him.

Although, instead of further wondering why the commander keeps spoiling him, the military secretary only silently exhales while reminding himself that he should think about how to repay for such kindness and mercy.

Suddenly, a dark-haired man’s brief command makes Akira face him ‘‘Lift your arms.’’.

With no second thought, the blue-eyed secretary follows the orders while Shiki covers his wounds on the chest and waist with several large medical clothing.

After this task, the crimson-eyed man quickly picks the snow-white medical bandage into his hand and wraps it around his subordinate’s upper body while addressing him ‘‘Don’t lower them yet.’’.

Even if the commander asks Akira to do this, his arms feel exhausted and tremble from being in such a position for too long. Nevertheless, he endures it and patiently waits until another command comes.

When Shiki finishes wrapping the bandage and ties a knot, he lifts his gaze ‘‘Fine. You can relax and lower one arm. However, I’ll need another one.’’.

After the secretary gives him his arm, Shiki carefully holds it by the wrist while studying his left injuries. Fortunately, these are scratches compared to the upper body area, but they still need attention.

When he takes the bottle of alcohol spray, he cleans his subordinate’s arm up to the upper arm. Even if he can sense how Akira’s hand twitches when alcohol washes his wounded skin, he remains silent and continues taking care of his personal secretary.

After a while, the commander covers the cleaned limb with the medical clothing and wraps it with the bandage, he repeats the same procedure with the other arm.

When he finishes with the upper body, Shiki asks Akira to lie on his back and bend his legs.

Of course, the secretary doesn’t question the supreme ruler, but he is surprised at how Shiki sits next to him and places his legs on his lap.

‘‘What is it? If you struggle, your wounds will open, and I need to do it again.’’ Or so the commander remarks as he lifts his subordinate’s leg and inspects it.

Fortunately, only the thighs are injured. Nevertheless, Shiki cracks a smile as he observes how Akira turns his head and tries to remain as calm as possible. Lastly, he treats his secretary’s legs.

Some time passes. After taking care of Akira and helping him to put on his uniform jacket and pants, Shiki is about to place his arms around his subordinate and carry him, but he hears a polite objection ‘‘Please, excuse me, sir. I’m grateful for your concern, but I can walk on my own now.’’.

‘‘What are you talking about? You are a patient, and you need to rest.’’ Or so the supreme ruler backfires. As Shiki takes Akira into his arms, he adds ‘‘Until you recover, you are dismissed from your duties. That’s an order. Understand?’’.

After lowering his gaze, the secretary replies ‘‘Yes.’’. No matter how much he wants to object to this order but realizes that, perhaps, it is Shiki’s way of showing his concern and care. If that is the case, Akira has to do his best to get well as soon as possible until he can assist and take care of the commander.

It is already late evening. After returning to the mansion, Akira expected that for today he can call it a day and rest before tomorrow.

However, he doesn’t realize that the commander has other plans for him tonight.

That’s right, the military secretary already can sense that something is off when Shiki suggested he’ll wait for him in the bathroom. Nevertheless, he believes that there is an important reason for this.

Lastly, after swallowing the saliva and fixing his pajama, he knocks on the door and asks for permission to enter inside.

The secretary widens his eyes for a moment after noticing the supreme ruler chilling in the spacious bathtub. More so, he straightens his back when the commander looks at his side.

Despite that, Akira tries to remain as formal as possible ‘‘Sorry for making you wait. However, did I interrupt you, sir? Or do you prefer for me to wait outside?’’.

As Shiki leans on the bathtub, he brushes his hair ‘‘Why do you think I called you? Come here.’’.

Perhaps, the commander just wanted him to wash his back. If so, the only issue might be not wetting the bandage on his arms. Or so the silver-haired secretary wonders. But for now, he briefly answers as he approaches the dark-haired man ‘‘Y-yes…’’.

However, once he gets close enough, he hears another demand ‘‘You are weird fellow for washing yourself while fully clothed… Undress.’’.

Even if Akira is slightly concerned that both of them won’t fit, he follows the orders as usual. Lastly, when he carefully unwraps the medical bandage, he removes the last piece of clothing.

After carefully sitting in the bathtub, he only gives a questioning look to Shiki while hugging his knees.

Certainly, this gaze amuses the commander. Yet, instead of wasting more time, he leans closer to his subordinate ‘‘What is it with you? Show me your hand.’’.

With no hesitation, Akira extends his hand toward Shiki.

Even so, one thing when the commander studies this injured limb, and another one is when these crimson eyes move up to his chest.

The secretary softens his gaze when Shiki concentrates his gaze on the wounds and gently strokes the held arm.

However, he suddenly widens his eyes as he gets pulled closer to the dark-haired man.

“What is the meaning of this, sir?” Or so Akira speaks up when his back is pressed against Shiki’s chest. Yet, he still attempts to escape from the big cat’s grasp.

Meanwhile, Shiki replies as a delightful feline while observing his struggling subordinate “Have you forgotten? You are a patient. Therefore, you need to be treated as one.”.

Just when the secretary is about to object, he gasps at how a wet sponge rubs across his abs and chest. At first, he attempts to brush away the same hand that cleans him. However, he realizes it is a useless struggle and that the commander will act as he wants.

While Shiki cleans his subordinate, he hears a polite objection “I’m sorry, but you don’t have to do this. I can handle it well on my own.”.

Instead of wasting time arguing, he closes his eyes and gives another brief command ‘‘Bend forward. Right now, your main task is to recover. Understand?’’.

While the secretary only nods “Yes...”. Lastly, he ends up being pampered with attention.

Even if Akira feels spoiled for no good reason, he secretly admits that being under someone’s care is rather enjoyable. More so, he is pleasantly surprised at how the commander knows when and where to rub stronger and avoid using any pressure on the wounds.

Whether it is another whim of the supreme ruler or not, it doesn’t matter. As long as it is something that Shiki enjoys doing, that all matters for the secretary.

More importantly, Akira feels that, perhaps, it’s alright to relax and leave everything in the commander’s hands. But for now, he closes his eyes and lowers his guard.

Some time passed. Even after leaving the bath and putting on the pajama, the secretary cannot escape from the big feline who keeps taking care of him. Even such a simple task as drying hair with a fluffy, soft towel is done by Shiki.

Meanwhile, all Akira can do is accept that until his wounds are healed, the commander might behave like this and it will be a part of his temporally routine.

However, the military secretary is determined not to give up Shiki, and he’ll prove that he can serve well with and with no injuries to the commander.

Chapter 3.

As soon as the military secretary wakes up, his first thought is to get up and get ready for a new and once again to accomplish his duties. He even forgets for a moment about his wounds.

However, after he suddenly sits up in bed, he turns toward the quiet groaning and notices the not-so-happy half-awake Shiki.

Even so, Akira remains calm and explains “I’m terribly sorry for waking you up, sir. If you excuse me, I need to prepare for the work.”.

“What are you talking about? Go back to sleep. It’s your day-off.” Or so the commander replies.

However, the blue-eyed secretary only politely objects “There is no need for that. I’m perfectly fine and a couple of bruises won’t affect my work.”.

For now, Shiki narrows his gaze and replies “Your task is wash yourself and wait until I check on your wounds. Then, I’ll decide if you will take a day-off. Any objections?”.

Lastly, Akira closes his eyes and shakes his head “Not at all.”. After opening his eyes, he gives a soft look before leaving the bed “If this is what you wish for, then it’s my duty to accomplish it.”. Of course, he is secretly happy with how the commander cares about his well-being, even if he thinks Shiki doesn’t need to worry about these scratches.

After Shiki studies and puts the bandage on his subordinate’s wounds, he told that he should stay in the mansion today and recover.

Despite that, the silver-haired secretary wants to be useful, at least in assisting and properly seeing off the commander.

Just before Shiki leaves, Akira addresses him as he finishes fixing the tie ‘‘Are you sure you will be fine, sir? If you feel slightly overwhelmed or if there is even a tiny inconvenience, do not hesitate to contact me. I’ll come to help you in no time.’’.

However, as his secretary finishes fixing the tie, the dark-haired man only gives a satisfied look ‘‘There is no need unless you’re going to sit all day and wait until the phone rings. And how are you going to do it when you have another important task?’’.

“What do you mean by that?” Or so Akira asks as he helps put on the long coat.

After his subordinate finishes the current task, the commander states “You need to take care of the mansion until I return.”.

But for now, as the natural excitement sparkles in these blue eyes, he replies “Yes!”.

Even after simply putting the same thing in other words works as successfully as usual. Once again, the supreme ruler had to use this method to convince his loyal subordinate to rest.

Lastly, Shiki gives a smug look while ruffling his secretary’s hair. Before taking his leave, he looks at Akira, who politely nods and wishes for a safe trip and return.

A few days passed. Yet, the military secretary is tired of staying in the mansion, and his hands are itchy for any job. More so, the longer he is dismissed from the duties, the more he feels like missing out on something important.

Besides, even if he tries not to show it, he is concerned about Shiki, who is already stressed. That’s right, these days the supreme ruler looks more tired after a long day at the office.

When Akira asks whether anything bothers the dark-haired man, he receives the same reply about not needing to worry and not thinking about the work when he is off duty.

Of course, the blue-eyed secretary tried to use the methods he refers to as drastic ones. Hugging the commander from behind and offering him a shoulder massage might work to help him relax and get any clues. Or so he hopes.

After such a gesture, the red-eyed man cracks a smile and asks his subordinate not to push himself and that everything is under his control.

Nowadays, Shiki doesn’t even act like a lascivious feline demanding attention or intimate moments as well. Even when the secretary expects something to happen, it never goes beyond deep kissing.

Therefore, Akira assumes that the military tyrant is sick or something terrible happened during his absence from work.

Even if it wasn’t a part of his secretary’s duties, he needs to figure out what is bothering the commander and solve this issue immediately. That’s why, if Akira is not allowed to work, he’ll visit Shiki during the afternoon break for a cup of tea or coffee. Besides, the commander hasn’t mentioned that this is forbidden.

More importantly, it might give Akira peace of mind, and he may rest assured, knowing that the supreme ruler doesn’t overwhelm himself with too much work. And thus, after putting on the military uniform, Akira leaves the mansion.

Some time passes. As the silver-haired man walks in the corridor, anyone whom he met from his squad was excited to see their captain showing up and warmly greeting him. More importantly, even some higher rank officers seem to be relieved to see him.

What happened when he was gone? And what kind of changes the commander made while he was recovering? Or so wonders Akira while he continues his way toward the destination place.

Finally, he reaches the familiar wooden door. However, before his knuckles touch the door, his hand freezes after hearing the shattering noise and someone panicking and apologizing in a pathetic voice.

Even if the secretary doesn’t know who this person is or cares about him, he cannot risk the commander’s well-being. When he closes his eyes and wastes no time for formalities, he storms in ‘‘Commander!-’’.

Suddenly, he widens his eyes at seeing the Shiki sitting behind the desk, observing with such disappointment the half-sitting despaired young gray-haired secretary leaning on his arm and the ruined papers splashed by coffee lying on the desk.

Clearly, it is a matter of seconds before the military tyrant is about to lose his temper. Or so Akira assumes.

However, when the red-eyed commander lifts his gaze and fixates on his personal secretary, he asks ‘‘What are you doing here?’’.

As Akira closes the door behind him and straightens his posture, he politely replies ‘‘I heard a weird noise behind the door, and I needed to see whether you are safe, sir.’’. When he narrows his lowered gaze, the secretary lifts his gaze and continues ‘‘Please forgive me for my rudeness, but who is an incompetent fool, and what is he doing in your office?’’.

Meanwhile, the poor light-haired secretary only observes this situation while fearing for his life.

“That is your substitute until you recover and are ready go back to work.” Or so Shiki states.

Of course, such sudden news bewilders Akira, but he forces himself to remain calm in front of the most powerful man in the country.

After swallowing the saliva and taking a deep breath, the silver-hair man replies “I have no right to judge but to support you and your decisions, sir. However, please reconsider who will be able to serve you. If you wish, I can help you with that.”.

However, the commander raises an eyebrow while keeping a serious look on his face “Are you telling me what to do?”.

“No. Not all.” Akira shakes his head. After a brief pause, he points with his palm at his replacement “But this worthless thing will only mess up everything even if you entrust him the most simple tasks. More importantly, you’ll endanger yourself if you let this creature anywhere close to you!”.

As he deeply breathes, he continues his speech while pressing his palm against his chest “I won’t allow him to leave peacefully if anything happens to you... That’s why, if you excuse me, I need to talk in-person with him and discipline him accordingly.”.

Lastly, Akira walks closely to the secretary and crouches. When he grabs by the shirt’s collar the trembling young man, he addresses him ‘‘Get up already! Whining won’t help you. So, at least have some shame to face your punishment properly!’’.

For sure, there is no mercy in these ice-cold blue eyes, which show nothing but pure fury and disgust towards his victim. Or so the poor secretary thinks to himself while staring with his big gray eyes and genially fearing for his life.

As Akira grids his teeth, he raises his palm and decides to give an awakening slap to the other secretary. However, his hand and entire body freeze after hearing the commander’s strict voice ‘‘Enough! Release him and come here.’’.

Suddenly, the blue-eyed man realizes that he allowed himself to be led by his emotions, and the whimpering, light-haired young man whose gaze now begs for the commander’s mercy is a good example. Instead of feeling bad for this person, Akira doesn’t waste time and follows orders. While he ignores this secretary and his made mess, he approaches the supreme ruler.

He understands from that serious gaze alone that he also got on the commander’s bad side. Despite that, he keeps a poker face while accepting his fate.

As Shiki exhales, he narrows his gaze and addresses his loyal subordinate ‘‘When did you grow so bold to lash out at your colleagues?’’.

‘‘That is-’’ Yet before the silver-haired secretary explains, his voice is cut when Shiki lifts his palm.

After the commander lowers his palm, he fixates his piercing red eyes on his subordinate and briefly adds ‘‘Do not argue with me.’’. Certainly, it’s enough to silence Akira, who cannot move a single muscle until further command.

When Shiki rests his chin on his palms, he continues without removing his eyes from his subordinate ‘‘You even disobey and do not follow orders. Perhaps firing you may help you understand your place.’’.

After striking Akira’s most painful spot, the military tyrant observes how his stiff secretary does his best to seal his emotions behind his poker face, which may crack soon. More so, instead of asking to reconsider this decision, his subordinate lowers his gaze like a scolded puppy who will never go against his master’s will.

But for now, Shiki turns his gaze towards the other secretary and briefly studies him.

Good, it will help that fellow understand what happens to anyone who goes against him. Or so the supreme ruler thinks.

After returning his gaze to his loyal secretary, he announces the verdict ‘‘Starting today, you need to treat him as any of your men.’’. While Shiki is amused by his subordinate’s confused face, he adds ‘‘You will be able to do this. So, when you are ready to return to your duties, you will train him to become a fine secretary to replace you when you get sick or need a day off. Any objections?’’.

Even if Akira doesn’t understand why the commander wants him to do such a pointless task, he doesn’t object and briefly replies ‘‘Yes. I understand.’’. For now, he convinces himself that he should be grateful that Shiki didn’t kick him out of the office as he should have. Yet, without understanding why, he doesn’t like this decision.

After all, anyone who opposes or upsets the supreme ruler must be punished accordingly despite their status or connection. Or so the military secretary thinks to himself.

In the end, the commander looks at the other secretary, who is startled by his voice alone ‘‘Call the cleaner to my office, and then you are free for the rest of the day.’’.

Meanwhile, that fear and guilt in these gray eyes fade away and are replaced with the sparkle of hope. Lastly, the light-haired secretary energetically responds ‘‘Y-yes, sir!’’.

‘‘Do you know with whom you are talking? Show the proper respect, you fool!’’ Or so Akira speaks up when he turns his head and frowns.

However, the fellow secretary only silently bows before rushing through the door. Lastly, this couple is left alone.

‘‘How do such incompetent people are allowed to work here? What were you thinking, sir?…’’ The silver-haired secretary murmurs as he lowers his gaze and stares at his new disciple’s left mess.

Yet, the commander’s voice surprises him and makes to turn back ‘‘What are you saying?’’.

As Akira watches how Shiki gracefully stands up and walks close to him like a feline, he gives a questioning look ‘‘Sir?’’.

‘‘I ask you once again - what are you doing here? Haven’t I told you to wait until I return?’’ Shiki addresses his subordinate.

For a moment, Akira turns his head away. However, soon enough, he honestly replies without removing his eyes from the commander ‘‘I wanted to see you. But I knew you would be busy during the day. So, I waited until the afternoon break.’’. As he lowers his gaze, he adds in a slightly gloomy tone ‘‘But it seems that soon you won’t need me any longer.’’.

Suddenly, Akira widens his eyes as Shiki tightly hugs him and refuses to let him go. But for now, the military secretary lowers his shoulders and wraps his arms around his most important person. Lastly, he closes his eyes and enjoys how the commander ruffles his hair.

When the commander gently places his palm on his subordinate’s cheek, he softens his gaze and delightfully observes how innocently his secretary looks at him ‘‘You are really a dog. One that cannot be locked away and always find a way to his master.’’.

After the same hand slides down, Shiki holds Akira’s chin and with his thumb parts his lips and remarks ‘‘Why would I want to get rid of someone who is irreplaceable and valuable?’’. Lastly, he pulls his precious secretary into a deep kiss.

All the blue-eyed secretary can do is blissfully close his eyes, and without realizing it, he moves his hand behind the commander’s head and sinks his fingertips in his hair.

Of course, such a gesture sparkles the excitement in these crimson eyes. But for now, the dark-haired man chuckles in between catching the air.

After a long-lasting kissing, the commander with-draws his face and cannot help himself but adore his subordinate’s still blushing gaze. However, he is pleasantly surprised at how Akira holds his hand and places it on his chest around the heart area.

‘‘What is it with you?’’ Or so Shiki asks while he admires how the reserved secretary now moves his palm on his neck while staring with such an unsatisfied, amorous gaze.

However, instead of answering by using words, Akira places this palm on his cheek and rubs himself against the beloved hand.

Perhaps, this may help the commander to realize that he’ll do anything in his power to make Shiki look only at him. Lastly, the silver-haired secretary attempts to remove Shiki’s glove by using his teeth.

Of course, it’s something new to see how Akira wants to take the initiative for the first time. Yet, Shiki won’t allow his secretary to wrap him around his finger that easily.

After all, it won’t be that interesting if he grants his secretary’s wish that easily. That’s why he needs to remind his precious subordinate about needing to be more patient.

Suddenly, Akira lets out a sweet gasp as his bottom is groped by the commander.

As Shiki cracks a smile, he comments ‘‘Did you miss me that much? Or are you jealous? Either way, you need to wait until we come home. Then, make sure I’ll find you in the bedroom wearing only an unbuttoned shirt.’’.

After hearing such an order, the secretary can feel how the belly-piercing moves as his abs twitch. However, he remembers that the afternoon break is finished by this time. Suddenly, he places his palms on the commander’s chest and pushes him away ‘‘But what about your work, sir? You also haven’t even rested during the break!’’.

Yet, the supreme ruler gives a smug look ‘‘You worry too much. Tomorrow, you will help me finish it.’’.

‘‘Please, take it more seriously!’’ Or so Akira politely objects.

‘‘Then, who’s the fault for disturbing my work? You need to take responsibility for your actions and behavior today.’’ The commander backfires.

Even if the military secretary realizes it is pointless to argue with this stubborn man, he only nervously swallows saliva and prepares himself for whatever Shiki has planned for him tonight ‘‘I… I understand.’’.

In the end, the red-eyed man gives a satisfied smile and ruffles his subordinate’s hair.