Halloween Month: Ghost Talk

3ruri

Hey! Since it's the Halloween Month I'm in the mood to get things a little spooky around here. 

Let's share ghost stories, urban legends, spooky encounters, experience, unexplained spooky photographs etc in this thread. Basically anything that relates to supernatural things.

spacer.png

My Story:

Spoiler

The story I want to share is my dad's experience, told by my mum. About 40 years ago (I wasn't born yet but my two brothers were), my dad and his friends planned on going fishing at a bridge that is very iconic in my country. It's normal for people to go fishing past midnight here because it's much quieter and colder, so the fish will come to the surface more. At 3AM, as promised, my dad geared up and about to go meet his friends. My mum tried to talk him out of it, since it's the effing 3AM (who the hell would get up before the butt crack of the dawn just to fish??), but oh well, men. My dad insisted on going.

He walked down the bridge, but there was no one in sight. Then he spotted someone already sitting down, so he walked past that person and greeted him assuming it was his friend. The person who was sitting down didn't greet back, so my dad thinking his friend was still sleepy, just left him to it and gave him a little distance down the bridge and found himself a spot for fishing. 

After an hour or so, there was no effing fish! My dad hollered at his friend about it and got no response. So after a while, he gave up and packed his things to go home. He passed his 'friend' once more and said he's done for the night. The said 'friend' turned around and only then my dad noticed that he was in a Japanese Army uniform - headless. My dad went pale and ran home, then hid under the covers. My mum was puzzled, but well, men. She waited until the morning to ask.

The next morning, they found out that none of my dad's friends had ever gone to the bridge (because 3AM sounded like a good time to be in bed, assholes didn't even tell my dad). So my dad was the 'lucky' one to have made a new 'friend' and was down with fever for a few days.

Note: My country was once occupied by the Japanese Army, so every state you go, there will be stories where someone encounters the Japanese Army ghosts. It's common to hear about them marching in the middle of the night, or see them headless, because beheading is the favourite punishment for them back then. 

Disclaimer: The story above is passed down to my siblings and me, because my mum just want to let us know how silly my dad is (he was in his early 20's). I don't know if it has been exaggerated or altered but my dad never denied it and it has been retold to us many times. Also, I have no ill intentions on the mentions of race, gender or historical accounts other than to share the story with everyone for Halloween entertainment.

So, let's hear about your story next!

Witches Brew Cat GIF by Pusheen

• Like 1

Anyway, some of the ghosts that are popular in my culture are

• pontianak (mostly translated to a vampire, but it's actually a woman who dies giving birth to her firstborn)
  • langsuir (pronounced lung-sue-ir. kinda like a banshee)
  • pochong (corpse wrapped in white cloth, almost looking like a human-sized candy but this is my biggest nightmare)
  • penanggal (someone who practices black magic. At night, their heads will separate from their bodies and fly around to look for victims. Their entrails go along with their heads)
  • toyol (a child ghost with green skin who steals for its master. easily distracted by toys, beans, marbles, etc)

ghost barfing GIF by Ghostbusters

So, that's all for now. Please share about your culture's supernatural creatures with me!