The new "complete BL novel downloads list." Is there an easier way to search for the book your looking for? :)

Valkyria66

Hi! 😃

First of all, enormous respect, and heartfelt  thanks, to all the people who administer this page. ❤️

All the work you've done, simply can not be overstated, I LOVE this page, and would be lost without it! 🥰

That being said, would it be possible to add a way, so that you could search through the entire library, by (for example) typing in manually what you're looking for, in a search box, that scans the entire library, and then presents you with the results? 

(Or something similar?) 😜

(I'm not very technical, so I apologize in advance, if there already is a better way of finding things than pressing a letter, and scrolling by hand, page after page, and I've just missed it.)😊

It wouldn't be so bad, if everyone followed the same format when uploading, then you would only have to check under one letter, but the thing is, to find one book, you might have to check under five different letters, and scroll and tap through alot of pages under each letter, which is time-consuming and a little aggravating, especially as you can't see everything listed under that letter on one single page, there might be 29 pages you have to tap through, to get where you want.

(At least on my phone, as I don't have a computer, and don't know how the page looks in desktop mode.) Its not very user-friendly on my phone anyway.

(Still appreciate you like hell though!)😍

I'll give you an example, say I'm looking for Josh Hunters 12th book, "Final down" from the "Settling the score"-series. It might be listed under the following:

J - for Josh.

H - for Hunter 

F - for Final down 

S - for Settling the score 

# - either because its book 12 in the series, and the uploader started the post with that number, or they've just stylistically chosen to have random characters before the authors name, (Tex:  ~*:Josh Hunter:*~)

They probably do that because it looks pretty (but it makes books hard to find in this current system.)

So to sum up, currently there are at least five diffrent letters you have to press on, and then tap through maybe 15 pages under each letter, to be able to ascertain if the book you're looking for, is in the library. Its a little bit of a nightmare. Sorry. 💕

(And if the uploader of the book, chose a sixth way of writing the title, you might not find it all, as you don't know to look for it under that letter.)

On the old page it didn't matter wich format the uploader chose, because you had the full list on display, and could just search for key words, via the browsers built in search box, but as you can only see a fraction at a time (maybe the first 20 listings of the offerings under the letter J) that doesn't work anymore. 

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because that's not what I want to do, (and I remember having to build a database in school, like a hundred years ago, and I distinctly remember crying and tearing my hair out!!) So I know for a fact how unpleasant it is to work with these sorts of things, so I am very impressed with the work you've done! 🎈🏆😎

So in conclusion, I'm grateful for this page, and I love everyone responsible for its existence..

I'm just asking if there's maybe a better way to access/search for the book you're looking for, because right now its a little unwieldy. 😊

I'm home-bound right now, and read ALOT of books in a week. But I've found myself looking at other pages instead of this one to find my books, because the library is just too darn time-consuming to search through, if I have to do it many times in a row for different books. And I honestly don't want that. I want to be on this page, because it truly is my favourite! I feel like I'm cheating almost. 😋

Well,  that went long, sorry! 😝

And again, please don't take this as something bad, because I cannot emphasize enough how much I appreciate all your hard work. I'm just wondering if its possible to improve, one teeny tiny thing. 😉

Thanks a million, and I hope you have a wonderful day! 😃

Big Hugs - Valkyria 💕

• Like 2

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Hello and thanks for the nice words. Yes, you're right, the complete lists of downloads that we had before was faster to navigate, however, we had no choice, as this is the only type of list available for the current forum software. Each forum platform has its good and bad points, but in this case, since the old one was discontinued, and so it was already risky using it because it could have been hacked way easier, we had to choose the safest option.

Have you tried the Search function? This platform has a way better search engine than the previous. Say, if you want to search for 'Setting the score', in the BL Novel Downloads section, first enter that specific section, then type your search keyword in the Search box, select a few options, like in the pic below, and hit Enter.

spacer.png

Alternately, you can go to the

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
page and select the search options from there (keyword, forum section in which you want it to search, creation date etc).

Also, please elaborate what you meant by saying the forum is not very user-friendly on mobiles. Do you encounter any particular issues (design, functionality etc)?