(Private RP) The Peace Exchange <<syaoran-puu & Sosuke0549>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Luc winced suddenly feeling his brothers hand around his neck, the other stopping his tantrum by grabbing his fist and pinning it to the wall.

“Do you want me to break your neck again! "

Luc glared at Bastian listening as he contuied to speak, and what made his eyes soften ever so slightly was when Bastian asked him why he hadn't come to him for help....Luc bit his lip, eyes falling as the wind around them began to subside. His voice a bit softer.
" I...I don't know...I just thought..I could do it...c-control myself...and you...didn't really seem to care...Going to you or James...feels nearly impossible...And besides...you wouldn't have understood...I didn't think...id....--"Fuck up this badly. Out of all the siblings...Luc had been born with stronger abilities. He was spoiled rotten...and was taught to be perfect....He had never really failed before. Unless....Rory was involved.

“This doesn’t have to be the end.”

Luc had stopped wailing and destroying the area around him...however....his tears still contuied to fall from his eyes. "But it is....I hurt him...broke his trust...the promise that we made...I ruined eveything."

“Rory has forgiven so much before. He knows what you are..... maybe in time.... you can try again. But for that! You must control yourself now.”

"I can never...face him again..." He whsipered, staring blankly at the wall. He felt so...numb and empty. "We are...monsters...aren't we? Beasts in human form, born with looks and abilities to bend others to our will...powers that are so...unnatural...intimidating...And we can live...for so long...and until recently...the only way we could survive was feeding off of humans or animals...stealing there blood..........brother." He turned to Bastian with sad hollow eyes, yearning for answers. "Was it...foolish of me to believe in love...to want Rory even tho we were so different.... to want something I know I don't deserve? ...Was it foolish of me...to fall in love with a human? Was I wrong...brother....w-was I...w-wrong?" a few more tears slipped from his eyes as he barred himself in his hands.

Perfect Luc was no longer perfect anymore.

———

James watched Rory carefully. The boy was experiencing all types of mixed feelings and emotions, his thoughts a chaotic mess.

“And yet you seem to be asking for more peace from this fool.... despite the fact you wouldn’t do the same.”

"Not really...I'm offering you a compromise...and you and I are very different..." He smirked a little hearing the humans thoughts. "Nearly all vampires are arrogant...we are superior to humans...and if your so upset about vampires taking everything from you...Why haven't you done anything about it? Ah...thats right...You're a spineless coward." He said rather harshly. But Rory only started to laugh like a madman, reaching some sort of breaking point.

“You want me to betray the very people that brought me up and then took me in after vampires like you took everything from me, leaving me for dead not once but twice. While it might be an apology in your culture it’s an insult in mine.

James sighed underneath his breath, shaking his head. "I wouldn't necessarily say your betraying the hunters...but I am a little surpsied by how stubborn you are. Is this why Luc was fond of you? Because you denied him?"

“I won’t report the incident.”

"...My my...how admirable of you. Tho I predicted as much. "

“But I can not tell you where the Hunter headquarters is....So I can not accept the deal under these terms.”

James sighed again, shaking his head. Either Rory was being too prideful, stubborn...or just plain stupid....
"I see...you are well aware that I could easily take what I want from you...however...where's the fun in that? Yes? So rather than considering it as an apology...this will instead - be my gift to you..." By now the blood on James thumb had evaporated, disappearing with out a trace.

With out warning he bit down on his own bottom lip and stole Rory's chin, forcing a kiss upon his lips, forcing the human to taste and take in some of his blood. It happened so quickly that Rory would hardly have the time to resist, let alone react. When James finally let him go, the injures that Rory had gotten from Luc would start to feel warm...and slowly...the pain would begin to fad away.
He slicked his lips, as if he somehow enjoyed getting a taste of the human.
"You are free to go and do whatever you may like...and as for your medical bills...they have already been taken care of....I suggest you leave later in the night, other wise people will start to wondering how your injuries healed so suddenly..."
The only reason James was keeping a Rory alive was because he knew the boy was his brothers weakness. He still had use for him. Even if the boy didn't tell him where the hunters Associations headquarters were. He'd still led him right too it. He had a feeling the boy wouldn't go back to Cross Academy...nor would he want shelter from the Hellsins any longer...so when he left here...he'd be homeless...and the only possible place that would take him in...would be the hunters.
"If you'll excuse me...I doubt our paths will be crossing again...." James turned to leave.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sosuke0549

• syaoran-puu

Bastian frowned. “You’re so fucking stubborn, Luc!” He sighed and shook his head. “I might not seem to care.... but I think you’ll find I care far more than you realise.... but you know.... that boy is your weakness.” He shook head. “Most of my recent visions have involved you both. That’s why mum asked me to come here. To help.” He shook his head again, sighing. “It’s nice to know that you’re not so perfect though.” He half teased.

He rolled his eyes at his brothers reaction. “It might have been crude but I could have taken you to a club and demonstrated how to take one of their kind easily.... you will always have to hold back a little.... it just takes patience.... or.... you know.... make them do the moving. The view can be nice.” Bastian slowly released Luc’s neck and wiped a tear from his brothers eyes. Luc looked... devastated. He could relate to that. Stupid. He didn’t exactly have any promises or kind words between him and Clous.... had he lost anything....?

He sighed. “I don’t think it was a promise you could have ever kept.... but you could start by apologising.” Never see him again? Damn.... he was already dreading the nightmares to come! Stupid visions. And! The fact Luc seemed to be giving up really pissed him off! “You do know that the Trancy’s will use this against us if they ever catch wind.... and the fact I’ve now had to use obedience on all the vampire students, including Clous.... if you give up.... you’re just going to piss me off!” There had to be do a way of making this worth it. Right? One of them had to have a happy ending.... because Bastian had destroyed his own. If it had ever been a possibility...

He frowned. “Yes. We’re monsters. Even to each other.” He hated himself right now. “I don’t think hope is ever foolish.... but I think both our actions have made us foolish.” Fools through and through.

Bastian rested his head on his brothers, forehead to forehead. “Mother wouldn’t be happy for you to give up on love.... and if she hadn’t approved of Rory she would have dissuaded you a long time ago. It’s always been obvious how you felt about him.” He said simply.

Sitting back he crossed his arms. “What is the plan now then?” Bastian just.... needed to make this better somehow! Worth it.

———

Rory grit his teeth at that. “I am not a coward....” Am I? Maybe I am.... I run and hide and avoid things.... but I’m not always a coward....? Or maybe it’s just more evidence of being a fool and naive. To think the exchange ever had a chance! “But you’re right. You are arrogant. And stronger than me. But that doesn’t make you better than me.” Or maybe that was just his stubbornness? He hadn’t liked it when Luc had said such things either!

“I wouldn’t know. You’d have to ask him.” Probably because I was gullible and believed his lies and pretty words.... The tears silently started to fall again. He felt like an idiot.

Gift? I don’t want a gift... And yet.... moments later he was kissed suddenly and without his permission. He squirmed away and even spat slightly despite knowing it was too late. He knew he’d swallowed some blood and.... it was enough to cause even more despair! The kiss was nothing like it had been with Luc.... he was quiet a long while as James started to move away. Talking his nonsense abs just annoying Rory! Vampires only ever fucking take!

It was only when James was nearly gone that he spoke; “thank you.” He grunted out. He could feel the warmth in his hip spreading, already the pain numbing and fading. If only it did the same for his memories too! He wiped roughly at his eyes.

Alone again he brought his knees up to his chest, hugging himself as he just.... cried. Letting everything out. The hopelessness. The misery. The pain. The regret. What was he meant to do now? He couldn’t return to the academy, it was clear James didn’t expect to see him again.... which made Rory believe he simply wasn’t welcome there. Luc wouldn’t want to see him now anyway.... he’d got what he wanted. He’d broken him.

That only really left the hunters.... he could go back.... but he’d failed.... and right now? He might actually pick up a sword and learn to fight the vampires. Imagine Luc’s head on each dummy he thwarted! Maybe he should learn either way? The beasts were too strong for him! Monsters. Utter monsters.

Hours later, when it was dark, he stole away in the night. His only real belongings were at the academy still.... including his apartment key.... he could maybe write to the headmaster and ask him to send his stuff? And maybe the manager would let him in.... but how would he get home? He didn’t exactly have the means!

Wobbling slightly he just started to walk. He had no one he could truly rely on. He was alone again.  No parents. No family. No friends. No lover. The hunters had never fully accepted him either as one of them because of his views... and Luc certainly didn’t want him or care, he’d been a fool to think it was even possible. James had been right that no one had made him do those things, to accept Luc.... but Luc had destroyed him both physically and mentally!

He hated and loved the bastard at the same. 

Eventually he found a cheap looking bed and breakfast and booked a room. Lying down on the bed as he tried to forget his shit life and come up with a plan.

I should call someone.... Picking up the room phone he called the only person he could think of that might help him right now... He felt so pathetic. So alone! The phone rang a few times before someone finally picked up. “Mr Thorn? I mean.... Eric.... I.... I need your help.” The man had taken an interest at the Hunter party, and while he didn’t like the man, he had limited choices. He wiped at his eyes, too many tears already spent. “I need a way of getting from where I am to my apartment.... I’ll pay you back.... somehow....” Better the devil you know? At least the hunters have never lied to me about their intentions.... right? “And.... I might have some information that you’ll find.... interesting. But I can’t share it over the phone.” He touched his lips, a fresh waste of disgust rumbling through him. They only take! He whimpered. He had one card to play.... betrayal. “I... I’d like to.... learn to protect myself..... To defend myself.....” From the monsters in my nightmares!

• 4 weeks later...

Luc frowned hearing his brother tell him that he cared. After childhood, Bastian went down his own path and all this time Luc thought he had stopped looking out for him. If he cared, then was that why he was here? With him? Could he have gone to Bastian this entire time? When his brother made the, "its nice to know that your not so perfect" commemt Luc scuffed.
"Me? Perfect?.... no. I just...do whatever is asked of me...You freed yourself from our parents exceptions...I couldn't do that. "

“It might have been crude but I could have taken you to a club and demonstrated how to take one of their kind easily.... you will always have to hold back a little.... it just takes patience.... or.... you know.... make them do the moving. The view can be nice.”

Hearing this Luc smiled a little. It was brief and lasted only for a second but...he had taken comfort in his brothers words, finding them rather funny.
"I don't doubt you. " He shook his head, running a hand over his face. Luc was a mess. He looked drained and rather tired. A shell of a man.

“I don’t think it was a promise you could have ever kept.... but you could start by apologising.”

"Apologizing to him...is not enough....Bastian...I promised him...that I would never bite him...that being with him was enough...I hurt him...again...It seems like hurting him is the only thing I am good at......I had never had fresh human blood before....and I'm ashamed of myself and what I've done...but I...have never tasted...anything so...delicious in my entire life...Biting Rory was wrong..but deep down...it felt...so...right..."
Luc was raised to deny his true self. His beast like instincts...and now...they were surfacing. Now he was starting to see just how horrible his race could be. He was raised to take pride in what he was...in being a vampire...but now...he was starting to despise himself. The monster that he was.

“You do know that the Trancy’s will use this against us if they ever catch wind.... and the fact I’ve now had to use obedience on all the vampire students, including Clous.... if you give up.... you’re just going to piss me off!”

"I seem to be very good at that..." He shrugged.

“Yes. We’re monsters. Even to each other. I don’t think hope is ever foolish.... but I think both our actions have made us foolish.”

" Its foolish for me to go after him...I wouldn't even know what to say to him if I faced him....If his one wish...was for me to never see him again...Id grant it within a second...or trade my life for his or his parents...Id do so with out question. He is the one thing I have ever cherished...but after tonight...I see that we...can never be...I could be selfish and turn him...but then....he'd hate me...more than he does now...I lose either way. "
Bastian rested his forehead on his as he tried to rekindle his hope.

“Mother wouldn’t be happy for you to give up on love.... and if she hadn’t approved of Rory she would have dissuaded you a long time ago. It’s always been obvious how you felt about him.”

Luc turned away. "Perhaps mother is foolish...being friends with a human is far easier than being in a relationship with one...the only way to have peace with them...is for us to just disappear...and love...is fleeting for humans...it can be manipulated...I made Rory forget me...I made him fall in love with me even tho monsters like us murdered his parents...and now...I made him hate me....I doubt there is any love or compassion left in his heart...while our love is enturnal...I will always harbor these feelings for him....for the rest of my existence..."

“What is the plan now then?”

Luc fell silent for a long moment. His thoughts clouded. What should he do? What were his next moves ?
" Release me...I need to find him...."
He needed to face him one last time...he knew Rory would most likely hate and shun him...which would hurt him even further...but thats what Luc needed. To be hurt and punished for what he had done...as of now the suffering he felt. Just wasn't enough...he needed to hear those horrible words come straight from Rory's mouth...than that would be enough to finally let him go...

———
The goal for James was to reinstall fear into Rory while also sparking a new found hatred for his kind...as well as shattering his younger brothers hope at love with a human and potentially trying to get his brother to join his side. Ultimately Rory and Luc were mere chess pecies on his board....and things were turning out better than he had predicted!
When he heard Rory say that he was not stronger than him, he struggled to hold back his laugh saying, "My!- How adorable you are." chuckling a little. And when Rory swallowed his pride and thanked him he simply smiled and waved it off saying Farwell. "You're welcome. "

He waited outside the hospital for the human to leave and was not surprised that it took Rory a few hours to leave the place. When he saw the boy sneak out, he smiled a little and quickly followed the other.

James was a little disappointed however when Rory lead him to a bed and breakfast, shity motel. How annoying.... He thought as the human got himself a room and disappeared into it. He stayed for a few mintues debating on weather he should stay or go, and just when he was about to leave, he found his brother wondering around outside and frantically checking the bedrooms.

"Bastian had one fucking job...I swear he is useless. But...it may be entertaining watching how this plays out. " He grinned, leaning against a tree.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Luc paused when he heard Rory's voice, he followed it to room 204 and stopped, realizing Rory was on the phone. Who could he be talking too?

“Mr Thorn? I mean.... Eric.... I.... I need your help.”

Thorn? That name sounded familiar...and of course, Rory was crying. It made his heart ache.
"Rory? My my my, to what do I owe this pleasure ? You sound distressed. "

“I need a way of getting from where I am to my apartment.... I’ll pay you back.... somehow....” 

He's...leaving?
"I see..."

“And.... I might have some information that you’ll find.... interesting. But I can’t share it over the phone.”

What...information...is he planning on...selling me out?
"Rory...your a fellow hunter, family...I will send someone your way right now, alright? What ever is going on...please calm yourself..."

“I... I’d like to.... learn to protect myself..... To defend myself.....”

Luc held his breath...this was his fault...Rory wanted to learn to fight...to kill...did he....want to hurt him? Was he wanting to learn self defense because he was now afraid of him.
"I'm surpsied, your always spouting nonsense about peace...but that can be arranged. Id be happy to teach you a few things...Where are you."

Luc listened...he just stood outside Rory's door and listened until Rory got off the phone. He needed a second to process everything that happened.

Was this...truly the end?

Biting his lip...he knocked on the humans door. "..Rory......I won't pretend to know...the pain that...your going though.....or your anger and disappointment in me...you don't even have to open the door...or forgive me....I don't deserve it....I don't deserve you...I...I just...need you to know...that I'm sorry...and if i could take it back...I would...I am so...so sorry...for hurting you...and I know my apology is not enough...but I...never wanted to hurt you....please...believe that....."
He sighed resting his forehead against the door, his eyes watering.
"...Do you....hate me..."

“I get that. It just seems like an odd thing to promise.... and I’ll admit, I’ve broken that rule a lot. Drinking from humans is oddly.... electrifying.” He wouldn’t regret it, though he’d only done it ten or so times. “It is delicious.” Bastian wouldn’t deny that.

He laughed. “Yes. You’re good at pissing me off.” He listened and frowned. “Even we can’t undo such things.... and I would miss my brother.”

Bastian had been reluctant.... but in the end he released him. “Just.... walk away. If things get.... just walk away, Luc. Don’t stay and regret it.” Bastian just wanted to leave Luc to it, but couldn’t. “I’ll come.... and wait outside. But I think you might need support.... or Rory might need.... me to get rid of you.” He admits. This was going to be a hell of a mess! A mess that James was going to kill him for!

——

“I’m.... I’m....” realising he didn’t really know, Rory thought quickly. “I will call you back once I’ve asked reception for an address. Thank you, I.... appreciate it. Especially so.... last minute.” Rory wiped his eyes and couldn’t help but feel so alone as he hung up. So very alone. More alone than he’d ever felt. Why had Luc done this!? Show him a world he could never have or really belong to?!

Rory jumped out of his skin at the sound of Luc’s voice. Shit! How long has been stood outside? His throat ached and throbbed as his anxiety sharply rose.  Is he for real?! My anger and disappointment? He covered his eyes as he shook. He was so torn! He’s sorry for nearly killing me?

The apology hurt. Slowly he lowered his hands to look at the door. You’re fooling yourself if you think that door will stop him from reaching you. He’s only pretending to be civilised because there’s likely witnesses? Remember he broke your hip as he ripped away your virginity and bit you. Bit you! Despite promising.  He nearly killed you. He’ll say the right thing but..... you can’t believe it. You should never believe it again. Despite his thoughts, his heart ached. He stepped closer but forced himself to stop.

Do I hate him? He frowned, realising the tears were running steadily down his face. “I..... yes.... no.... partly.... mostly....” he admitted, utterly confused. “You shouldn’t be here.... Luc.” He’s not yours. You have to use his first name again... he probably was never really yours. He reminded himself.

“James has already told me to leave. I’m going.” He said simply. “I already.... I already told him I won’t report you. You can stop.... stop pretending to care.... stop pretending this hurts you and isn’t just some game. I get it. I’m just a stupid, dumb human that believed your pretty words and let you string him along.... you took what you wanted....” Rory closed his eyes and covered his mouth. “I gave you everything I had.” But it would never be good enough, I am just an inferior and lowly human to them. Not equal in any way.

He wiped his eyes roughly. “You can go back to the school. Though you’ll have to make an excuse for me..... “ He shouldn’t have introduced me to his own kind. “I’ll ask the human headmaster to sort out my stuff. It’s not unpacked so it shouldn’t be any trouble. You don’t need to see me again.” In truth, he couldn’t believe that Luc hadn’t meant to hurt him. He’d hurt him so much.

His legs felt weak so he clumsily sat on the floor.  “So you see.... there’s really nothing to forgive...” I was too foolish and trusting.

For a moment he thought Rory would stay silent, but wishing for forgiveness was such a foolish thing...with every word...the boy he adored stabbed him with his words...and this thoughts were so paranoid and dark...it was suffocating. He had lost his trust in him...all he could fixate on was Lucs mistaken....his own pain and anguish.

“You shouldn’t be here.... Luc.”

Luc...it was his name...but it hurt him when Rory said it. If he wasn't saying his middle name.. if he wasn't calling him Kaname anymore...than that ment Rory no longer wished to claim him. He hung his head...unable to stop hearing Rory's thoughts and listening as he continued to speak.

“James has already told me to leave. I’m going.”

What? James? My brother? He thought to himself. Why would he say that?

“I already.... I already told him I won’t report you. You can stop.... stop pretending to care....

Luc stared blankly at the door...his ears rining....pretending ? Did Rory just say...he was pretending..?

"Stop pretending this hurts you and isn’t just some game. I get it. I’m just a stupid, dumb human that believed your pretty words and let you string him along.... you took what you wanted....I gave you everything I had.” 

Never before had Luc wanted to so desperately break down a door. Was Rory even comprehending what he was even saying?
"P-pretending...."

But it would never be good enough, I am just an inferior and lowly human to them. Not equal in any way.

And there it was...Rory's lack of confidence...his self-lothing...his fear of being...unworthy....Luc had corrected the human many times on it, and tried to fill that dark hole with confidence and positive affirmations...but to no avail.
In Luc's heart....Rory was more than enough...he was his light in the darkness...a beeken of hope...but even now...Rory never believed him. He listened as the boy contuied...telling him that there was nothing to forgive...
"Your always...so cruel to me..." He muttered underneath his breath. Tears streaming down his face. There was no changing Rory's mind....he honestly believed that he was some sort of chess piece in some elaborate game?! All this time he thought Luc was pretending to love him...he never once...believed him. How could he not see...how torn up he was? Did he not hear the agony in his voice...the sincerity in his tone? How could he not see...how devastated he was for the mistake he had made? He opened his mouth to speak but....he wasn't even sure what to say...no matter what he said...Rory wouldn't listen...he may hear what he was saying but he wasn't listening he wasn't understanding he was just so broken and upset...that no matter what he said...it wouldn't reach him. Not now...and perhaps...not ever.
"...I...I see...." He reached for the door handle, only to stop short.

“Just.... walk away. If things get.... just walk away, Luc. Don’t stay and regret it.”

He recalled Bastian's words...and with a heavy sigh...he dropped his hand. If that is how Rory truly felt....if this is what he believed...then who was he to correct him...to fix him...It was his fault for not realizing it. He should of been there more...he should of done more to prove his love....
"...I'm sorry you feel this way...and I'm sorry for coming here...G...goodbye...Rory..."
It hurt to smile...but Luc quickly disappeared...fulfilling Rory's wish and leaving him alone....

He immediately went to his brother Bastian who was waiting and watching just a mile away...and just like a heart broken and lost child, he ran into his arms...and sobbed, bearing himself into his brothers shoulder. The pain he felt...was like nothing he could of ever imagined.
Its over...its really over....he never even believed that I loved him... His thoughts trembling.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
James stood in the shadows and watched how it all played it...and he actually felt a little bit of pity for his younger brother...it hurt to see him so...upset if only a little bit.
But this was good...now the Kurans could rebuild themselves...and this was the first step. "You will thank me someday...brother..."
And with that...he left and returned back to the Academy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ Next Day ]

After the night he had, it was no wonder Luc slept in...when he and Bastian returned to the school, Luc almost got into a fight with James!
"...You stopped me...thank you..."
"It wasn't easy cleaning up your mess little brother..."
"You...healed him..?"
"Calm yourself little brother...that glare of yours is quite terrifying." He grinned. "Yes...why? Are you upset that he tasted my blood?....Get over it Luc...your relationship was a farce from the very beginning...I'm just sorry our parents didn't end your thing when the two of you were reunited. "
".............I....lov--"
"But he didn't love you...humans change there emotions so frequently and they are unbelievablely selfish....Your both from two completely different worlds...He could never understand you...and you could never give that boy the self worth he so desperately needs...."
"So you never...belie--"
"No...nor did I truly support it...humans are...very weak creatures...so fragile...You can do far better little brother..." Luc nodded slightly glancing back at Bastian...perhaps he was being foolish and naive this entire life. "If you'll excuse me....I'm going to sleep.."

And thats how last night ended. Luc now laid in his bedroom staring up at the ceiling...tears slipping from his years...he couldn't do this....he needed to go home...

It might be too harsh..... but right now Rory was hurting so much and running from his own feelings and thoughts because they were simply too painful!

He heard that single word from Luc.... pretending.... could hear the anguish and it broke him a little. What had Luc expected? He’d told him repeatedly they weren’t equal, Rory was never going to have self-worth when even his ‘lover’ saw him as inferior. As less. And right now? He felt so alone snd powerless.

Cruel? His hands clenched. “You wouldn’t know the meaning of cruel....” I changed everything for him.... gave up everything to be with him.... and he treated me like.... a blow up doll. it ached, even now. Sure, Rory knew it was in his head.... but he suspected it would be a long time before he risked letting anyone touch him again. Luc had destroyed him both mentally and physically.... and right now? The pain was too much to see the pure love he felt for Luc. It was still there. Soft an innocent among the thorns of pain and doubt. 

Then Luc seemed to saying goodbye and panic fluttered in his heart.

“Luc,... wait.....” he rushed to open the door only to see it was too late. Luc was gone. Luc wasn’t likely to come back. He closed the door and wept for the sorrow of it all.

I need to get used to be alone..... and unwanted. Maybe it was better this way?

———

Bastian hugged his brother, feeling Luc’s devastation. “I’m sure that’s not true.... he’s just hurting right now.....” after everything the pair had been through, was it really over so quickly? Did Luc really believe pain induced words?

He let his brother go. Trying to ignore James manipulative words. He couldn’t help but think something was off here.... but he couldn’t figure out what! He could see all the pieces....

The next morning he knocked on Luc’s door holding two glasses of blood tablet blood. “Open up, Luc. It’s only me....” he waited.

In his head he whispered, You need to drink something, I know it won’t taste good today, but I’ve brought you some blood tablet blood. Let me in..... please.

• 3 weeks later...

Luc found himself standing by the window and staring aimlessly at the sky. It was endless...just like his love for Rory. It seemed that no matter were he looked, he was reminded of the human.

He wished for the pain and remorse he felt would just go away. It felt like he couldn't breath, couldn't think without the boy in his life. Deep down...Rory had always been someone special to him...like a miracle...now he felt more like a curse with the weight of the mistake crushing him.

Suffocating.

He glanced over at the door hearing his brothers soft knock and hesitant voice. It was like he was scared to speak....not wanting to further devastate him. Luc said nothing and turned his attention back to the sky.No thank you...I'm not hungry...I will begin to pack my things...I've decided to return to the house...and go into slumber...let things...settle down...take a break from this world for awhile.

Slumber was something only purebloods could do. It was a state of hibernation where they could force themselves to sleep for years...decades...eternitys. It was most common among gravely wounded purebloods. Most went into slumber in order to regain there lost strength and recover...it had hosntly been the reason why vampires existed for so long.

Perhaps Luc wasn't physically hurt...but he was mentally and emotionally...hurting.
Please don't try and stop me...just....leave me alone..

He turned, and began to gather his things.

Sufficating

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When James heard that Luc was leaving and decided to fall into a deep slumber. He wasn't surprised to hear that his little brother was once again running away from his problems. However he excepted as much.

Before leaving the Academy and saying farewell, he told him and Bastian to take care of their mother, and to not disturb his slumber unless absolutely necessary. When they asked him how long he was planning to sleep. Luc simply shrugged his shoulders saying; "I'm not sure...perhaps ten...or twenty years....maybe even more..."
"Long enough for Rory to have lived his human life and die? If thats the case then make it 60 years, just to be on the safe side...assuming he dies from old age. "
Luc glared harshly at his brother but said nothing in return. He wasn't sure how long he was planning to sleep...he just wanted this pain to go away.

Suffocating

" If you'll excuse me...I have made up my mind...farewell..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"S-shiki?"
"Yeah..."
"D-did Lord L--"
"Yeah..."
The two fell silent, unable to look at each other. Luc was leaving, and had ordered them to live their own lives.
"I...I don't know what to do.."
"Yeah...same.."
"I...I can't image what he's going through..but I want to understand. I want to be there for him! I know it's selfish, but I feel like he's abandoning us! "
"....Asuna...listen...You should take his advice...and live your own life. I know you had your reasons for following Lord Luc...but you have the chance to be a student...be surrounded by other vampires, you have your first friend and the attention of a noble that seems to...genuinely like you...You can live the life I always saw you reading about...in the meantime...you don't have to worry about Lord Luc...despite his order I will remain by his side..."
"W-what?"
"I don't belong here...and the only person who has ever  tolerated my existence and not hate me...was Lord Luc. I dont have another reason to live if its not for him..."
"S-shiki..no..no thats not true..I-Im sure you could--"
"I have no friends..no family...I'm not like you....so...stay here...and live your own life...I think deep down...Lord Luc would want that for you..."
Asuna felt tears run down her face. Just a few days ago...she was the happiest she'd ever been but now...Luc and Rory were no longer in the picture. And now...Shiki was leaving too.

Shiki saw her tears and gently placed his hand on her head. Even when she was crying...she was still...beautiful~
"Stop crying...it doesn't suite you.."
"I-i cant help it. I always thought I'd be happy seeing you leave but right now its just breaking my heart. " Shiki chuckled. At least she was honest.
"...I should get going. I already packed my things...."
He smiled softly at her, taking a moment to whipe her tears away. This was goodbye for now...

He had always had feelings for Asuna...he just...sucked at expressing them, and whenever he tried to talk to her...he would end up saying the wrong thing and they'd just end up arguing. All he was good at...was bullying her...he didn't know how to love her or make her happy. Which ment...he wasn't the guy for her...
"Goodbye Shiki....and thank you..f-for eveything.."
"Yeah...don't mention it.."

Asuna stood in the hallway for a few moments after Shiki left...lingering. Eveything was happening so fast....and changing so quickly. It was overwhelming! She touched her face, feeling slightly confused as tears began to slip down her cheeks again. I never knew...his touch could be so gentle..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Rory! You've finally made it. Glad to have you back.."
Eric Thorn welcomed Rory into his home.
"How was your trip? Please- have a seat. I'll have my daughter make us some tea. " He gestured over to his couch in the living room sitting across from the boy.
"So...what happened? Do you wish to talk about it? I mean before you were always so against fighting...now you want me to teach you...Im curious as to what changed. "

Suffocating

You think there would be clean air at the top...I was born with royal blood...there are things only I can do....and yet....I fail...yet again...
Luc stared at the white marble coffin in front of him...inside of it was bedding, covered in red silk. A slumber fit for a king...yet...he left so unworthy.
Suffocating

The moment I laid eyes on you....I had never felt joy until then. You showered me with acceptance and admiration...and yet at your age you didn't even know it. You didn't see me...as a monster....back then...you were so warm and bright...like the sun...

Suffocating

"Are you ready dear?" Luc nodded, glancing back at his mother before climbing into the coffin.

I didn't know what love was...I didn't know how to love...until I met you....and even though...I made you forget...our paths crossed again and our destinys intertwined once more...And I thought...I could be with you...I saw your light and thought...I could claim it as my own...I thought...you'd complete me...

Suffocating

His mother laid a kiss on his forehead, before shutting the coffin. Leaving Luc in total darkness.

And now...all that surrounds me is darkness...just like before...this is where I should be...where I should of stayed....I know I hurt you....I know I don't deserve your forgiveness....I know I failed you...but...I wonder...if I were to die....Would you weep for me?

Luc closed his eyes...his mind beginning to fade and drift.

Your smile...

Your touch....

Your love...

Your rejection...

Your voice...

Your light....

Not having you around....

Its like....I can't ....breath...

Loving you....is so....Suffocating

Rory was numb. That was the only emotion he was able to feel right now. He felt like he was surrounded by demons, and no matter where he went or who he was with.... demons lingered. Monsters. Creatures of darkness. They surrounded him.

Even now, with Eric seeming charm and smiles.... Rory didn’t trust it. Didn’t trust him. Those initial feelings simply fade now, despite the different circumstances. He didn’t trust anyone or anything! Wasn’t sure he ever would again. Never. Rory knew he was doomed to be alone now, forever.

His heart ached. A constant throb that refused to be ignored and yet refused to heal either. He doubted that would change. Rory planned to find a way to live with it.

How could he not feel so lost? Everything he’d decided for himself had been.... wrong. So very wrong. And he’d been mocked mercilessly for each and every one. James words still daggers to his soul.

He loved Luc. The long drive here had sorted that out. But that didn’t mean he could forgive him, could forget.... could touch him again. How could he? Luc had nearly killed him. Had bitten him. Hurt him. More than anyone had ever hurt him before.

Again and again. He broke him physically and mentally.

Besides. One fact was clear...

Luc was done with him now.

His heart squeezed again at that acknowledgment. It hurt. He had given everything to the man. His love, his body, his heart. But nothing was good enough. He would remain a worthless human to him.

Suffocating.

Suffocating..

Suffocating...

Suffocating.... 

He couldn’t help the thought, whispered from some far away place. Yes, that was the word for this feeling. Utterly. Suffocating.

Shaking his head he sat opposite Eric and shrugged; “The journey was fine.” He hummed, watching the slimy man. “Indeed. I am still against the notion of fighting them....” I’ve seen what they can truly do! They’ll destroy me. “....but I would prefer to even up the field. To not be....” he mulled his words over, silent as he thought upon, “insignificant.” A gnat under a shoe, not even worth the time of day or to be considered remotely as equal. A flame easily extinguished.

He frowned. “The exchange is over, I’ve proved it’s possible to live beside.... them” Rory knew it was a lie, it tasted vile on his lips. His stomach churned, felt sick. It wasn’t possible. It would never be possible. They didn’t truly want it. Humans their play things. And yet? His only ‘friends’ had been vampires. Just proves I am a gullible idiot!

He smiled politely at the daughter, accepting the tea, though he did nothing more than nurse the warm mug. He was so numb he barely felt that either.

“Recently I recovered some of my memories, in particular of the night my parents were killed.” He looked at the tea, the liquid swirling around. “One of the vampires....” he frowned, “they hid me. Killed the other vampires.... though? It looked like they helped to kill my parents first. So? I suppose I am concerned that they might be watching me? Might come back for me one day? I would prefer to be prepared for when that happens.”

Despite his initial thoughts, he knew he’d say nothing of Luc. Say nothing of what had happened... ever. Because deep down? He knew there would never be another. He would never share his heart and body again. Would live and die completely alone. Which left him with simply keeping busy until then.

If only it was a far fight.

But Rory knew it was a losing battle. Delaying the inevitable.

“Is that something you’d be willing to help me with?” He asked simply. Fed up of shying away. Fed up of being walked over. Fed up of being ignored.

Suffocating indeed.

• 2 months later...

{ 3 YEARS LATER }

Never show weakness....that was Eric's number one rule. "GET UP!" He shouted, pointing his sword towards Rory face.  It taken the boy longer than most to master Eric's rigors fighting techniques...but somehow Rory surpassed his own expectations. After taking Rory in...the first thing Eric taught the boy was hand to hand combat as well as survival skills, most days Rory got the shit beat out of him...until he became more aware of his surroundings. The second year was when Eric took him to the hunter association to claim a weapon. A bloody rose weapon was unique to every vampire hunter...it was there signature as well as an extension of themselves. They spent hours there until Rory picked up a scythe, the sharp metal was engraved with ancient text, the the pole was cut from a holy tree in the far away mountains. Prayed over by nuns for decades. There hadn't been a vampire hunter that hunted with a scythe for over 30 years....but oddly enough...it suited him.
After Rory received his weapon, Eric contuied his training. Within months Rory mastered his weapon, as well as archery, shooting, and he could even fight with a knife. Eric wanted him to be versatile in case he should ever drop or lose his weapon.
"What did I tell you! Never! EVER! let go of your weapon!" He stomped on Rory's hand, kicking him away from his scythe.
"You have 30 seconds to get your weapon from me....or you fail..."
This test was important. This test word determine if he got his hunter badge. This test determined if he was strong enough to kill a vampire. All eyes were on them. The hunter association graders as well as many spectators. The area was small but Rory's test had gotten qlot of buzz.

The weak and pathetic Rory who yearned for peace with vampires and humans was now trying to get his badge in order to kill them.

It was rare for Eric to take anyone under his wing...so far...Rory was his fourth student...and he came second compared to his daughter.

Since day one, Eric was sneaking enhancers into Rory's food in order for him to grow stronger and faster. Doing this helped Rory push past his limits and reach new heights! Oh course...Eric wasn't going to tell him any time soon...Rory still held on to his childish ideals of humans and vampires coexisting. So what would he think if he found out he was secretly feeding him vampire blood?

A secret only the vampire hunters new about.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Still here I see..."
"Of course...Lady Julia.  "
"How long has it been since he went into slumber. "
" Three years...four months...and thirteen days my lady..."
"I see...I am grateful that you are here to look after my son...your loyalty is...truly stunning..."
"No need to thank me Lady Julia...Lord Luc saved me...so my life is his..."
"I see...well...may I ask a favor of you dear Shiki.."
"Any thing Lady Julia."
"I hate to pull you away...but there is a Peace Banquet tomrrow and the Kurans have been invited. Naturally. Apparently they wish to discuss the Cross Academy's success and address a new peace treaty. However James is so busy running the school...and my Husband is away on a business trip...so it will only be myself and Olivia. We would love some company...and I'm sure you could use the break. "
"B- but...L-lord L--"
"Is asleep...and I'm sure he wouldn't mind you stepping away for a few hours to escort his mother and older sister to a  banquet. Come now Shiki....You haven't left his side in months. Live a little. " He paused staring at the pureblood and glancing back at Lucs casket. "V-very well Lady Julia. If you insist. Then it would be my pleasure. "
"Wonderful! I am so excited!"

Clous frowned as he sat alone in his underground bar with a glass of blood wine in his hand. He had closed the club early since his lover agreed to meet him there. He wasn't sure why they were even together...and he hated keeping it a secret but...Bastian insisted. Clous couldn't blame him...he knew why. The two of them were a total disgrace...why ruin there reputations any further?

"That asshole...always fucking late..."
They had been secretly dating for almost a year now...

After Bastian left the Academy and Luc went into slumber. Lord James took over the school...and Clous was removed...by James orders of course.

Clous was pissed...Pissed at that pompous asshole James for kicking him out but he was more pissed at Bastian who used Obedience on him, forcing him to keep Yuno a secret. Why?! Hadn't he proven to him his loyalty?! He had kept his mouth shut all this time... so what made Bastian suddenly doubt him?! And why...why did he suddenly leave him?! He felt betrayed and belittled. Two feelings Clous loathed with all his might. Clous hated, HATED being told what to do...

After being expelled he quickly left and returned back to his own estate but trying to adjust back to his own life was hard when Bastian was the only thing that ever crossed his mind...so he left. Spent a year abroad, furthering his families business before returning....

Though...he hadn't expected Bastian to suddenly show up at his establishment when he did.

He still remembered there reunion quite vividly.

"Where'd you go!"
Clous had closed his club for the night and had sent the employees and human servents away. Bastian had barged into his office, grabbing his throat and choking the living shit out of him. His eyes glowing as he demanded answers.
"Excuse me?! Who the fuck do you think you are?! " He tugged at Bastian's arm, trying to break free.
"Clous...answer me." His voice sending chills down his spine.
"I don't answer to you! Where the fuck were you when you used your powers against me and let your older brother kick me out of that stupid fucking school...Do you know how humility I was?! By not only your brother but YOU!! LET GO!" He finally broke free, shoving Bastian away.
"You betrayed me! So I dont owe you anything. Not an answer. Not a fucking apology and not forgiveness either!"

They argued...they yelled and hit each other...before Bastian forced a kiss onto his lips and suddenly...all was forgiven.  That kiss led to sex....

The more they fought the more make up sex they had.  There relationship was toxic and yet...it was something they both loved.

Clous tensed hearing the back door to his bar open... was that Bastian? Had he finally arrived?
"Where the hell have you been....you know how much it pisses me off to be kept waiting..."

• 7 months later...

Some part of Rory hated this test, felt almost bullied into it. He had told Eric honestly that he wanted to learn to protect him… he didn’t necessarily want to kill  vampires intentionally, but the feeling of being so easily manipulated and hurt by them? By Luc? It didn’t sit well with him! What choice did he really have? Rory really didn’t think he had many at all.

What was worse was that for three years, Rory had been beaten and hurt at the hands of humans while desperately thinking about his Luc…. Luc! The one that threw him away like rubbish. Yesterday’s trash. To be forgotten. So many pretty words and promises broken. It was hard to trust or believe in anything now;  Rory was a much harder individual now.

That bubbling anger and pain had fed him for years. Even now, as he faced Eric in this public domain, his thoughts lingered on Luc. Rory always hated himself for that! Luc had hurt him more than anyone ever could or would again. Maybe that was part of why he had never had sex with anyone since that night…. He wouldn’t let himself be that vulnerable to anyone ever again!

Using a spin move he’d been taught, his legs came up to slap hard against Eric’s wrist before he darted to grab the blade the guy let go of in the struggle. Tightening his grip around the handle, Rory quickly assessed the situation. Deciding it best to think out of the box, he pulled out a throwing dagger. Tossed it with purpose, but not at Eric. No, that was too easy. Instead? He struck the rope holding up the ceiling chandelier. The glistening thing instantly started plummeting to the ground right above Eric head.

As he watched, Rory couldn’t help but hope Eric got hurt. The bastard had left him battered and bruised regularly…. Of course, he had taken him in too. Given him a home. Trained him even when it seemed like he was untrainable. Some part of his mind still thought that there was likely an alternative motive behind Eric’s actions… but he never asked. Might never.

Rory was now alone. Just taking what he needed to survive.

——

Bastian hadn’t exactly had a great time since Luc decided to slumber. His life was a mess. James was a dick. His mother seemed blind to everything and he was miserable! More so than ever before.

Miserable except for those stolen moments with Clous. He knew he shouldn’t want him! Knew he shouldn’t be with him. They we’re both so bloody toxic for each other! And yet? It seemed to work in an odd way for them both. Clous made him happy. In their odd and dysfunctional way.

This night though was different, as he arrived at Clous’s club he was bloody and bleeding. Despite that, he couldn’t help but smirk at Clous’s tone: “sorry.” He grunted, all but collapsing to his knees, he coughed, blood coming from his mouth. “James…. Has a temper at times.” He coughed again. Closing his eyes as he just tried to breath past the pain that ripples through him. “Pity it wasn’t you bringing me pain.” He joked, not wanting to make a big deal of it, wanting to focus on Clous instead!

The black sheep of his family. Never able to fit in….. except in a sex club with a man he shouldn’t want. Sex still helped quiet his powers, powers that had raged unpredictability over the last few years. It was exhausting!

Bastian had been thinking about this for a long while…. But maybe it was time he left his world behind? Just accepted he was a stray rat? The balance had all shifted in the last three years anyway, he didn’t belong anywhere now, least of all with his family. Sometimes he couldn’t help but hate Luc!

Clous was gorgeous though, especially when angry. Bastian pulled himself slowly up from the ground, stumbling forward towards the bar. “You look so beautiful tonight.” He praised him, knowing Clous had a soft spot for his compliments. “Did you miss me?” He teased, trying to lean closer to kiss him only to stop as he coughed up even more blood. “Ugh…. Sorry.”

Eric couldn't help but smirk when his underling used a spin move and smacked the weapon out of his hand, immediately reaching for it. He gritted his teeth in irration from the strike.
"That's better..."
He muttered, taking a step toward him, but just when he raised his sword Rory  pulled out a throwing dagger, taking aim and tossing it towards the ceiling. The underling cut the rope that held the chandelier in place, now it was coming straight for him. Eric’s eyes widened ever so slightly, he immediately booked it, running and gliding against the floor, just barely making it out as the chandelier shattered. He glared at Rory as he picked himself up, and dusted himself off. He's come along way..... He thought to himself, almost taking pride in the man Rory has become.

He turned back to the judges, giving them a small nod before slowly sheathing his sword. 
"If I didn't know any better...I would think you were trying actually kill me.." He smirked. "Congratulations Rory....you pass...." The crowd of spectators cheered, clapping and praising Rory. One of the judges tossed Eric something. The blond caught it with ease and slowly approached the boy with what appeared to be a genuine smile. He took Rorys hand and placed an object into his palm. It was a sliver ring...with the Hunter Association signature crest.
"Does it look familiar?... He asked. "This ring belonged to your father...now that your officially one of us...I'm sure he'd want you to have it...There were days where I thought you would make it Rory...but you've truly come along way...not that you'd care but....I'm proud of you...even tho you were a fuckinh cry baby...I'd take you under my wing again without a second thought. "
He smiled, nudging the boy.
"Well...I'll be heading back to the house...feel free to do as you please.."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Clous's demeanor quickly changed when he heard Bastian speak. He turned around to see his boyfriend bloody and beaten.

“sorry....James…. Has a temper at times.”

His lover coughed up blood.
Clous immediately rushed over to him. His eyes full of anger and confusion.
"What the fuck did he do to you! "

“Pity it wasn’t you bringing me pain.”

Clous rolled his eyes. "Shut up...I'm serious...He helped him over to the bar...trying to get him to sit down.
"Let me look you over...where are you hurt? I swear if that son of a bitch puts his hands on you again....I'll fucking kill him..." He hissed. His hands roaming over Bastian's body. He quickly removed the purebloods jacket. There was quite alot of blood.

“You look so beautiful tonight.”

"And you look like shit...shut up..." He bit his lip. "I'll go get you some blood...it'll help you heal faster." He turned away, flash stepping and getting his lover bag of O positive blood, returning in a matter of a second. He began to pour the thick blood into a clear glass as he stood next to Bastian.
"Drink this...it'll help..."

“Did you miss me?”

Clous glanced over at him. "What kind of idiotic question is--" He had started but when Bastian leaned in to kiss him...he fell silent.

However when the pureblood suddenly coughed in his face instead of kissing him he glared at Bastian in irration .

“Ugh…. Sorry."

Clous gripped Bastian's shirt. His eyes glowing bloody red. 

"Your lucky that I like you..." He whispered...planting a desired and painfully late passionate kiss against his lips. 

Rory couldn’t claim that killing Eric hadn’t crossed his mind…. Multiple times. The guy had hurt him over and over again, all in the name of ‘desensitising’ him. He would probably partly hate the man forever! Even as another part of him was grateful for everything Eric had done. Rory wouldn’t have got this far without him!

He couldn’t deny that he was very pleased when it was all declared over. The sweat on his brow and the tightness of his muscles all testimony to his tiredness right now. But once more Eric surprised him. Rory accepted the ring only to frown down at it. My fathers ring? I didn’t even realise this wasn’t buried with him. Back then had been a dark time for him, memories distorted and quite literally tampered with. Rory struggled to trust his own thoughts and memories. Clenching his fist around the ring he felt his chest tighten as his throat tightened. Thinking of his parents only made thoughts of Luc more pronounce. His feelings still a bloody mess over the vampire…. But despite any stray feelings, he knew they could never go back to the way they had once been. It was impossible. Luc was…. A monster. A monster that took what he wanted, hurt him more than anyone else had ever done, both physically and mentally…. I was just a toy to him. Despite the pretty words and things he did, I was just a toy. He had reminded himself of that repeatedly over the years. It was a hard pill to swallow though. Rory never quite believed it.

Sliding the ring on he nodded, “thank you, Eric.” Sometimes it was hard for Rory to stay in the present, especially when memories of the past were triggered like this. Taking a deep breath he ran a finger over the ring before stepping away. He just…. Needed to be alone.

He headed outside to the garden, not caring or interested in being praised or greeted by other hunters. There was one bench in particular he had taken to sitting on, he like to think of it as his ‘head clearing space’. Today was no different.

Rory felt a weight lifted just by sitting down…. Of course, he had another issue now. What do I do now? For years he had focused on nothing else but this, now that was achieved… where did that leave him? Rory still owned nothing. He was still nothing. No job, no money, no home, no real friends, no lover. He was alone but stronger. Running a hand down his face he took a deep breath, he felt rather useless and hopeless really. He didn’t want to chase and kill vampires, he had been clear about just wanting to protect himself from them…. They seemed to have a habit of finding and hurting him after all! Or one in particular did. Luc…. Kaname. He didn’t think of Luc’s other name often anymore, it hurt to do so. Reminded him that that day he had lost everything, including his heart. He had tried to piece the broken parts back together but huge slivers were missing still. They belonged to Luc and the bastard had torn them away from him. Rory doubted he would ever be whole again!

Hearing footsteps behind him had Rory turning, a hand moving to rest on his hip and a concealed blade. When he realised it was just two of the ‘guests’ he relaxed his hold.

“Rory! Welcome, welcome. We’re very glad to have you in our ranks. We always need fresh blood to take up the cause. And a legacy too! Your parents would have been so pleased to see you join us at long last!” The speaker was an old man with moles dotted all over his wrinkled face. Rory found them rather distracting.

“Thank you, sir.” He said simply, not entirely sure where this conversation was going.

“Are you aware that there is a negotiation party going on tonight? The Hellsin’s and the Kurans are going to be in one place. It’s an opportunity we can’t afford to ignore or overlook. I think you should come too. Join us.” Rory got the impression it wasn’t a question but an order…. The problem? The name Hellsin brought fear and a cold sweat sweeping through his system. He didn’t know which of the Hellsin’s it was…. He didn’t care…. And while he didn’t want them hurt, hr couldn’t feel much other than pain and fear at that name now.

“I…. I don’t think that’s a good idea, sir.” Rory tried.

“Nonsense boy. After seeing you fight today, you’ll be a natural. They won’t even see a threat coming from you. You still look surprisingly weedy, despite the fact I know you’ve gained much muscle in your time with Eric.” The man clearly wasn’t listening to Rory or trying to do what was best for him. “I think Eric will agree that you should be there. Your intimate knowledge of the Hellsin’s puts you in a unique position we can’t ignore or not take take advantage of. We leave at six. Be ready.” With that the man left, heading towards a parked limo with the other man. His driver perhaps?

He’s clearly not used to being told no. Rory thought, he was too exhausted for these games! He needed to know more! Needed to figure out his place…. Only Eric could help him there right now. Getting up he headed to the house. He wiped his feet and removed his shoes as he called; “Eric?” From the other shoes on the mat he could see that Eric’s daughter was home too, Rory did his best to avoid her these days but it was inevitable that their paths would cross.

——

Bastian just shrugged, “the school is stressing him out…. I guess? There’s some talk to discuss the school happening with the Kurans later today. I don’t really care anymore.” He frowned, I don’t want to be near the bastard anymore. He treats me like his trained  pet.[/] Bastian shook his head of his stray thoughts. “Don’t worry about me, I can handle it.” Bastian hummed.

He couldn’t deny liking Clous taking care of him, liking the man fussing. He’s cute. I bet he’d snap at me and deny it if pointed out how nice he’s being. Sometimes that was fun to do, but not today. He had only ever tried to protect Clous.…. Even when he had added the compulsion about his own mistake. Bastian knew the man didn’t see it like that, yet if he said anything about it it was likely James or his family would ensure Clous met with an unfortunate accident, that couldn’t be allowed! He didn’t want to lose him. Of course, Bastian trusted Clous…. Even if his lover didn’t think he did.

“It’s all internal. Just bruising on the outside….. well…. Mostly.” He hummed, brushing it off. The shirt being removed would reveal a slice of claws over his hip. Still, he didn’t complain.

“I had another vision.” He admitted. “James doesn’t like them… not that I can help them. But this one? Well…. It involved Luc. I’m pretty sure he’s going to wake up soon.” He frowned. “But I don’t think fate is going to be kind. His heart, Rory….. I’m fairly certain he’s spent the last few years learning how to kill Luc.” He frowned, shaking his head. “As for the school? I don’t think it can survive James rule. Not that anyone ever listens to me.”

Wrapping his arms around Clous, he just held the man close. Kissing him with as much power as he could muster. “Let me stay with you. I don’t want to go back.”

• 9 months later...

Eric peeked his head from around the corner. He was in the kitchen getting himself a glass of water when Rory entered. 

"Ah, Finally. What took you so long? " He blinked, raising a single eye brow. He could tell something was bothering him. He did train Rory for 3 years. 

" What is it?"

——

Clous was rather irritated by how nonchalant his lover was being about being abused by his sibling. 

“The school is stressing him out…. I guess? There’s some talk to discuss the school happening with the Kurans later today. I don’t really care anymore.”

Clous scuffed. "And you shouldn't..."

I don’t want to be near the bastard anymore. He treats me like his trained  pet.

Clous smiled at Bastian, stroking his cheek. Then don't.... When Bastian told him that he was fine... he frowned. "Don't lie to me Bastian...I hate it when you do that. "

“It’s all internal. Just bruising on the outside….. well…. Mostly.”

Clous rolled his eyes, helping his lover remove his shirt. When he saw the claw marks his eyes started to turn. Glowing red in anger. He was the only person who was allowed to touch Bastian....not anyone else. "Let me heal you..." He said, already kneeling down as he slowly started to lick Bastians wounds. The tatse of his blood could easily send him into a frenzy so he had to be cautious. Bastian was a Pureblood after all....and his blood had extraordinary powers. 

“I had another vision.”

I'm scared to ask.... do you wanna talk about it?

“James doesn’t like them… not that I can help them.But this one? Well…. It involved Luc. I’m pretty sure he’s going to wake up soon.”

I see... that's kind of surprising. He listened as his lover spoke about his vision and how concerned he was for his younger brother. "I don't know why you haven't left yet..." He muttered. He slowly stood. He had healed Bastians wounds, his eyes glowing red from the tatse of him. He licked his lips as the pureblood suddenly wrapped his arms around him. 

"What are you--"

Bastian kissed him, hard. Leaving the aristocrat a little stunned. 

“Let me stay with you. I don’t want to go back.”

Clous looked into Bastians eyes and nipped at his lovers lips. You speak as if you have a choice~ He pulled Bastian into another kiss, wanting to heal his pain. He ran his fingers through his hair and pulled at his locks as his tongue slipped passed Bastian's lips. His eyes still glowing red, after getting a taste for his lover... he needed more.~

" I want you...." He whispered, his hands already moving to Bastian's pant and undoing them. 

Rory looked to Eric a moment, strangely hesitant to speak his thoughts. But he needed answers; “what exactly do people think I know about the Hellsin’s? I’ve made it abundantly clear that I was only ever learning to defend myself with you…. I have no intention of hunting and killing vampires too.” Plus, that family scares me more than any other…. And they’re Luc’s family. They’ll be loyal to him. Probably won’t even care about the pain and damage he did. After all, I’m just a silly, useless, replaceable human. It still angered him that it must have all be a lie! That the sweet words were nothing more than platitudes. His hands balled into fists and disgraceful tears threatened to flood his eyes though they didn’t spill.

“Tell me the truth. What is the real intention at this meeting between the Hellsin’s and Kurans?” He didn’t mince his words as he looked at the old man. There wasn’t time for that!

Years had past, and he still couldn’t claim he felt much of anything towards anyone. Like he was dead inside. Broken. His heart wilted away to nothing and leaving no room for anyone else.

Numbness.

“I won’t just be your puppet, Eric.” He said firmly.

——

Bastian smirked at Clous, he always found the man so adorable! “Hmmm…. Sorry. Lying to myself too.” He offered. Sometimes he wondered if their whole relationship was a lie, the poisonous words of his family no doubt, but Bastian never felt like it was when he was close to Clous like this. Clous was…. Different to him.

“You shouldn’t heal me.” He pointed out, knowing his blood might do strange things to the other. “The wound isn’t even that bad. I’ll survive!” Still, he didn’t fight it too much as Clous got to his knees and started liking his side. Fuck! He’s so bloody sexy! How did I get so lucky? Of course, him on his knees always gives me other ideas!

Humming he shrugged, “I haven’t left because I’m pretty sure Luc is going to hate me!” Bastian admits, “my presence will likely only make things worse for him.” Plus, he’d wanted to see Clous too. “I can never replace what he’s lost. I can never be Rory.”

If only I did have a choice. I would relish in the stolen moments I could entice from you. He teased playfully.

Seeing Clous’s beautiful red eyes turned him on so much! “Damn you’re so hot!” He growled. Licking his fangs.

He stole another kiss, all but surrendering to the other man. “I’m all yours to do what you want to.” Bastian rarely fought his desire when it came to Clous. They’d fucked each other so many times now that it just felt like coming home!

Kicking off his trousers, he started to strip off his lover too. “I need to feel all of you.” He growled out. Hunger and desire and longing crashing together to make him a wild beast of need. Bastian nipped Clous’s lip, hard. “You wanting to take me? Maybe you’ll have to work for it. Just a little.” He teased with a wink, knowing full well he couldn’t resist Clous for long!

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Eric looked rather bored as Rory suddenly questioned him and repeated himself about refusing to hunt and kill vampires. 

"I know.. I know...you keep saying that...."

He rolled his eyes.

"All that time you spend with the Hellins...and you claimed to have learned nothing...most people just find that odd." He shrugged. "In fact you spent a good portion of your childhood with them...You can't help it if hunters approach you and wonder what it was like to be so... Immersed with the highest ranking pureblood family. "

“Tell me the truth. What is the real intention at this meeting between the Hellsin’s and Kurans?”

Eric turned to meet Rory's glare. He had no intention of telling him the truth for fear that he might get in the way.

This was going to be a monumental moment in history...where everything was about to change. 

"Rory...you just said that the reason you became a hunter was for the simple fact that you wanted to be able to protect yourself. So...why would I fill you in on the affairs of the hunter association? You dont want to be a real hunter....we may have inducted you into our family and I may have taken you under my wing and trained you... simply because I owed your parents and I thought youd have some sort of usesful knowledge about purebloods..."

He scuffed. 

"Clearly not....but until you actually kill a vampire... you are no protege or kin of mine. You will never be a real hunter.... I suggest you mind your business and stay away from that Banquet tonight. One...because it's none of your concern...and two... Last I checked you hated the Hellins, and I don't think I need to remind you who will be there." He smiled as he walked passed Rory. 

“I won’t just be your puppet, Eric.”

Eric glanced back at Rory and laughed. 

"And you don't need to be."

He grabbed his jacket and swiftly threw it on before pulling out his bloody rose gun, checking the chamber and making sure he had all his bullets. He sighed and closed the chamber, shoving his weapon into his holster. He opened the door and began to leave...but stopped for a brief moment looking back at Rory. His tone...serious. 

"If you know what's good for you Rory....you'll stay here tonight...I don't want you causing trouble.." 

And that's the last thing he said, before shutting the door. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

“I haven’t left because I’m pretty sure Luc is going to hate me!”

Clous looked at his lover, confused. "Hate you? Why would he hate you?"

“my presence will likely only make things worse for him. I can never replace what he’s lost. I can never be Rory.”

"Don't be ridiculous...he needs you. From what you told me about your family it seems you two are the closest amongst your siblings."

If only I did have a choice. I would relish in the stolen moments I could entice from you.

He heard Bastian's voice in his head and Clous quickly rolled his eyes. "Shut up." When Bastian called him hot he smirked alittle, licking his lips. "I could say the same thing about you.."

Bastian stole a kiss from him, and took off his pants, beginning to strip Clous too. 

"H-hey!"

“I need to feel all of you.”

He growled out, nipping at Clous’s lip, he actually drew blood. His lover was teasing him. Clous licked his bleeding lip and quickly took his shirt off, pulling Bastian closer to him. "Don't start something you can't finish. "

He smashed his lips against Bastian's. His hand already reaching for his groin, and cupping his length. To his surprise the other was semi hard. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -   

{ A Few Hours Later }

{ Peace Treaty Banquet }

Mother..

Julia blinked, as she heard her daughters voice. She had been lost in thought...mostly in a daze which was very unlike her....but she just couldn't shake the odd atmosphere in the room. 

Yes dear...

Is everything alright?

Yes dear. I'm fine... are you enjoying yourself?

Olivia giggled, as she approached her mother who was standing off to the side. They had arrived right on time to the banquet and together Julia and Olivia made there rounds, greeting and shaking many people's hands. This was suppose to be a party of sorts...celebrating the Hunter Associations and Purebloods peace treaty that was signed nearly 30 years ago. 

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just ask me that. "

"I know dear... I know. But your doing a wonderful job...just another hour or so..."

"Mother you don't have to worry about me...its Shiki I'm worried about...if looks could kill...he would of massacred every hunter in this room. "

Julia smiled softly. "Leave him be Olivia. He hasn't caused any trouble."

Mother....does...something seem...alittle off to you?

What do you mean?

I don't know... I just...can't shake this feeling...that something bad is about to happen...I can feel everyone's energy and most of it his hostile...

Yes...I know what you mean...I also feel alittle uneasy...but we'll be leaving soon.. You have to remember that many hunters are still adapting to the idea of peace and equality.

"Ladies and Gentlemen--- May I have your attention." 

Julia and Olivia turned as they heard a male voice draw everyone's attention in the room. He was blonde male in this early 30s and Julia recognized him as being one of the top hunters and instructors in the Vampire Hunter association. "For as long as anyone can remember....perhaps the dawn of time....Vampires and Humans were always at war...but for the past 30 years...thanks to the Hellins....humans have officially been at peace with the vampires, and just 3 years ago a school was opened up to humans and vampires in order to build more trust and cohesion amongst are races. As many of you know...the Hellins have been the spear head for such a Academy and have always strived for peace. Its....almost admirable really..."

He sighed...the room was full of silence but before Julia, Olivia, and Shiki could react. The tables had turned. Every single hunter in the room suddenly pulled out there bloody rose weapons, and pointed them at the vampires. Eric pointed his gun at Julia's chest. His voice turning bitter as his eyes filled with hatrd. 

"But....things have changed...."

Julia quickly pulled her daughter behind her. Their eyes turning red. She glared daggers at the hunter, looking confused and angry. "What is the meaning of this?!"

Shiki flashed stepped to Julia's side, standing in front of her and baring his fangs. His eyes had also turned. "You dare point your weapons at a Pureblood!"

"The time for peace....is over....You vampires are nothing more than beasts in human form and we will no longer be cleaning up after you. Today is the day....you die where you stand..."

Shiki....listen to me....take Olivia and run... I will cover you...

But-- Lady Julia!

Mother please. Let me stay and fight. I won't leave you.

Both of you will run! This isn't up for debate!

"I do not wish to harm you....but you leave me no choice..."

She hissed, and as she said that, the Temperature in the room dropped Significantly...fost began to form on the walls and the humans could now see there breath, many of them started to shake, getting the chills. 

"KILL THEM!!"

Run.

Julia erected a ice wall, blocking them from a rain of bullets as the hunters opened fire on them. She watched as her daughter and Shiki ran out of the ball room, and into the hall way

.. she was going to try and give them as much time as should could. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"aagghh!"

Julia groaned as Eric shoved a sword into her shoulder. She was covered in blood and her back had received at least 14 bullets. She had fought hard, and killed a handful of hunters....but this one...this one was far more skilled then the rest. She had underestimated him. "Now where do you think your going?" He twisted the sword causing her to scream out in pain. She glared at the blonde flashing her fangs. 

"You fucking monsters..."He leaned over her body and placed his gun against her forehead. "Die..."

I'm sorry...my darling....please....protect our children....and tell them, I love them dearly

BANG!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"AAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH" Ciel Hellin fell to his knees and began to sob. He clenched his chest feeling like his heart had suddenly been shattered into a million pieces. The blood bond he had with his wife...with his Yuki....had Violently been ripped away from him. He could feel his darlings pain...her fear....her sadness....her last words.

I'm sorry...my darling....please....protect our children....and tell them, I love them dearly

"NO! no no no no no! Yuki! Yuki! Please don't leave me.....NNNNOOOOOO!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"What is it Lord James?"

James stood from his seat...suddenly being filled with fear and grief....

"Somethings not right....I think...Emily is in danger....she feels...scared...why does she feel scared?" 

Thanks to the blood bond he shared with his lover and sister he could sense that she was in danger....but he also felt something in side him snap....it happened so suddenly that he wasn't quite sure what to make of it....the bond he shared with his mother....had suddenly vanished. Unable to properly process what he was feeling or experiencing he felt tears stream down his face...

"Sir? My lord are you ok?! What's wrong?!"

"I....I'm not sure....watch over the school. " He said rather dazed and emotionless. He ran to his families house, hoping to get answers there. He didn't want to believe it but....was there mother dead? And if so...how was such a thing even possible?!

Rory blinked at the hunter. This felt more like Eric’s true side! This felt like his true colours shining for all to see. But Rory wasn’t sure what to make of the warning.

Hadn’t he told me to go earlier? Or was that someone else? I feel like I’m losing my mind! In the end, he’d heeded the warning. The thought of running into Luc…. It petrified him! Because he knew…. He couldn’t fight Luc’s command. He was literally helpless! His free will stolen? He wasn’t sure he’d ever be ready to face him….. Not that Luc would want me now he’s broken me and tossed me away!

He had once willing chosen to be with him. Willingly offered up everything he had to him. Only to be reminded he was pathetic and beneath him…. At least in Luc’s eyes. Sometimes he even felt pain in his hip. Silly phantom pains really considering he knew he was fully healed!

“I see…. Thanks for the warning.” He gritted out as he watched Eric load up the gun. He frowned. He wouldn’t risk using that? Right? He’d be crazy to! It would be a war we’d lose…. Still, he sighed and just went to ‘his room’…. Though he knew it wasn’t really his. He was just a ‘guest’…. And from the sounds of it? A pretty useless and unwelcome one. Did Eric train me simply so I would tell him about the vampires? But despite all the pain and heartache? He could never betray them like that. He simply…. Couldn’t. I’m such a fool. They’d not treat me with half that much respect and dignity! Yet, Rory always felt like his parents would approve of his silence….

Gathering his stuff, Rory decided it was time to move on. Where he was going to go? What he was going to do? He didn’t know. But he did know…. He didn’t want anything to do with whatever chaos Eric and his cronies had planned!

Rory had saved everything he could these recent years, it wasn’t much? But it was a start….

As he snuck away, using the trees and shadows to his advantage, he had to wonder if he’d ever see any of them again? Vampire or hunter!? Right now? He just wanted freedom. True freedoms!!

————

Bastian laughed at his lover, he loved getting Clous all worked up and toss in a soppy compliment. The man still didn’t know how to take them! It was adorable really!

Nuzzling the man he hummed. Clous smelt like coming home.

“I…. It’s hard to explain? But how can he not hate me? He killed Rory. I couldn’t stop him. Rory has gone…. And…. Well, I would rather take the blame than let them blame you. We were only together at that time because I wanted sex and wasn’t paying attention as I should.” He winced. “So…. How could he not hate me?” Bastian felt guilt, it clawed at him deeply. “I failed him. Failed him when he needed me most. Maybe if I had been close by….. maybe Rory would be alive, still beside Luc and the world wouldn’t be so dark and gloomy?”

Bastian liked hearing Clous call him ‘hot’. It stroked his ego in all the right places. “As long as it’s only me you say it about, I’m all for it.” He winked.

Laughing, the pure blood ground his hips up into Clous’s touch. “Since when have I ever not finished what I started?” He laughed, growing harder by the second! “When have I not enjoyed your cock sinking deep in my arse? Hmmm?” He kissed him, hard and passionately. Longing for the taste of him as he nicked his lip with his fangs and lapped greedily at the droplets of his blood. “Don’t tease me, Clous. Just take me.” Take what you know is only yours. They were dangerous words…. But they felt so true! Bastian had only been sleeping with Clous for quite some time! They spent lots of time together. Bastian was always drawn back to his side! Even if their families hated each other…. He felt like Romeo and Juliet! Even his mother had actually accepted the idea…. Begrudgingly giving him her blessing, though telling him to be safe.

Bastian was hungry for Clous’s touch. Moaning and writhing and losing himself to the sensation and touch of the other man.

Then something utterly terrible and soul destroying happened! Bastian was on his back, legs in the air and covered in Clous’s cute claw marks with the men buried inside him when an utterly destroying sensation washed over him!

He gasped, the reaction clearly unrelated to the wild sex they were having as his eyes filled with unexplained tears.

Bastian was slow to process just what had happened….. at least at first. He reached, rubbing his chest and the ache…. “My mother….. my mother…. Just died…..” The words were whispered out in painful chunks. The tears rolling heavier and thicker. Of all people in his family, his bond with his mother had been his strongest! He always remembered how she understood him and was patient of his visions, loved him no matter what! No matter his misdeeds, no matter him being the black sheet. Hell! She even knew about Clous…. And, maybe begrudgingly, approved if it was what made him happy!

But now? Now there was a hole in his heart and he didn’t know what to do….

Clous listened as his lover went on about his brother. After spending so much time with Bastian he learned just how much family ment to him and how much he cared for his siblings especially his little brother. "It's not your fault...stop blaming yourself. " He sighed, cupping his lovers cheek. He smiled alittle when the other called him hot so he naturally returned the compliment. It didn't take long for things to start getting hot and heated. 

“Since when have I ever not finished what I started? When have I not enjoyed your cock sinking deep in my arse? Hmmm?”

Clous kissed Bastian harder. 

Damn it... I love it when you talk like that! He allowed Bastian to bite his lips and nibble at his blood. Clous started pulling Bastian towards a spare bedroom, but didn't dare stop kissing him. 

“Don’t tease me, Clous. Just take me.” Take what you know is only yours. 

Yes....that was right. Bastian was all his!

With pleasure ~

Clous pulled Bastian into a bedroom and shut the door, immediately pushing Bastian onto the mattress and climbing on top of him. He was quick to remove Bastian's clothes. His hands creasing Bastian soft skin as he kissed him down his face and neck. He didn't even bother preparing the man, he pulled his legs apart, positioning himself and easily shoving himself into Bastian. He groaned underneath his breath. Having sex with Bastian never got boring. The pureblood felt amazing every single time! He was practically addicted to the man. 

He quickly began moving his hips, pulling his hard cock in and out and moaning each time. However he could tell something was off. An odd sensation seemed to have washed over his lover. He immediately stopped moving and looked down at him worried. 

He cupped Bastians face. His eyes glowing as he his lover started to cry. "H-hey hey... what's wrong? Why are you crying..." For a brief moment he wondered if he hurt the other. 

“My mother….. my mother…. Just died…..”

Clous's eyes widened in shock. Bastian may have whispered but he heard him loud and clear. Confusion and disbelief crossed his face.

"W-what? No....no way...Bas.." He slowly pulled out of him and immediately hugged him tightly. Trying to comfort him. 

"I...I don't know what to say... I'm sorry...You should probably go see your family. Find out what's going on...what happened. If-.... if a Pureblood is really dead...then she must of been attacked and I can't image another vampire attacking your family....it must of been hunters....and if the peace treaty is broken...then they will be coming after us...t-that would mean war...." He knew how much his mother ment to him. They had a bond Clous could never understand but wish he had. He kissed his forehead, licking at his tears. "I am so sorry..." He whispered. Was there anything he could do for him? He knew Bastian had to leave now...but...could he go with him?

No...

He wouldn't be welcomed in Bastians house and it would probably be inappropriate to have him there when his family was going through a crisis. A traumatic lose. 

Not only were the Hellsins being attacked....but killing a Pureblood was forbid....it was an extreme lose to there race and this ment death was around the corner for every vampire...

"Oh shit. The Academy."

He looked at Bastian. 

" If the peace treaty is really broken then I guarantee you that's one of the first places the hunters will go. It's a handful of vampires all gathered in one place...there all in danger. " He cupped Bastians face looking serious. " You need to go home... your family needs you... find out what's going on...this is no time to greive my love...we need to act fast... I'll go to the Academy and evacuate eveyone....okay? Bas....Bas are you listening to me?" He kissed his lips, whipping away his never ending tears. He was breaking down right in front of him... overwhelmed by grief. "As soon as I'm done I'll come back here and wait for you...I promise."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Father!! Are you listening to me!" James shouted. His eyes glowing red in pure rage. After sending some servants over to the banquet they had found countless dead hunters and a bloody mess. Julia's body had turned into dust. Fortunately one of the vampires collected as much as he could and placed it in a jar, returning her to Ciel. The pureblood currently held the jar in his arms. 

Ciel was lifeless. His eyes dead and puffy as stray tears contuied to occasionally fall from his face. He was rippled with grief. He couldn't even stand as he sat in his chair and clung to his dead wife so tightly. 

Julia was dead... but there was no sign of Olivia. There were signs of a fight... a struggle...some blood both human and hers...but she was alive. James could still feel her...she was in pain...weeping....scared. The hunters had captured her. 

Ciel slowly looked up at his son... not hearing a single word he said. " Forgive me son... I just...need time to process this..."

"We don't have time!! The hunters are retailing. They killed my mother and took Emily! Do you not understand the danger your daughter is in?! The danger that we are all in! They could be on there way here as we speak."

"War isn't the answer..."

Unable to control his frustration. The rooms temperature suddenly dropped substantially. Frost forming on items around the room...the floor slowly being consumed by ice where James stood. He was losing himself. "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!" He flashed stepped towards his father grabbing him by his collar his hands shaking as he struggled to control his anger. His father... the man he looked up to all his life... still wanted peace after humans murdered his mother!

"Snap out of it! We have no time to greive! While you sit here the hunters are planning there next attack and have taken Emily hostage. Your idiotic ideal of peace is over! My mother's dream is over! She didn't want war and look where is got her! How dare you even suggest such a thing. The humans have crossed the line and we can not forgive them for this and they can not go unpunished! Your making our family look weak!!" Ciel said nothing as his son lashed our at him. He was extremely conflicted. He was hurting. He was devastated by the loss of his wife and deep down wanted to kill the hunters who took her away from him...His wife loved humans more than anyone. She yearned for peace and understanding. She was a part of a very few who saw the vaule in humans. She loved them...and look what happened. Look at how they repayed her? Just look at what they had done. Deep down he knew Julia wouldn't want this...wouldn't want revenge. A life for a life was never something she'd accept...and yet....

Ceil slowly stood and gripped his sons hand, forcing him to let him go. 

"The Senate has summoned the council for a emergency meeting....I have to go...I know this is difficult...but please. Stay here and wait... Right now...the humans have the upper hand and we have no idea where Olivia is..."

"NO! If you think I'm gonna sit here and wait then your wrong. I should be out there looking for her! We should be out there looking for her!! Father...Father please..."

"I understand your frustration...I understand your sorrow and fear...I promise we will look for her...and we will find her...but this situation is bigger than you and I....Our entire existence....is being threatened....and no vampire is safe..not even purebloods. You and I both know how strong your mother was....if they were able to kill her....than everyone is in danger. "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Shiki sat in front of Lucs coffin on his knees. His body trembling as tears streamed down his face... he had failed him... 

When Luc found out that his mother was dead...would be kill him for not keeping her safe... for not stopping the hunters from taking Lady Olivia. She had told him to run... to go get help...and yet...when he returned...she was gone and Lady Julia....

"Lord Luc...I am so sorry... please...please forgive me....I beg you..." He weeped. He feared the day when Luc returned. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Everyone needs to leave here immediately. Return to your families. The Academy is being evacuated. Orders from Lord Bastian. " 

Clous shouted as he knocked on every door and bargained in on every classroom. Many of them didn't take him seriously until he mentioned Bastians name. "Clous? Clous Tracy? Is that you?" He turned seeing Alec Falcon. His old roomate and first friend at the school. If you could call him that...he was more of a nuisance than anything. 

"You need to get out of here... The Hunters have broken there treaty. We are under attack and no vampire is safe. "

"W-wait what? Seriously? I'll help you evacuate, I just need to make sure Ahmya gets to safey first. " 

Clous raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

" My wife... Asuna Ahmya Rose..."

"Holy shit... you guys actually got married?!"

"Not just married my friend." He showed him the sliver ring on his right hand. " But she's also pregnant."

"HOLY SHIT! My my- you work fast. I don't even wanna know--"

BANG BANG!

Clous frozen when he heard gun fire outside the school... they were close and they were here! Clous and Alec looked at each other. 

"Go find Asuna... I'll distract them. "

Bastian couldn’t think. He just…. Couldn’t! Part of him grunted, aware of Clous pulling his cock free of him, aware of him actually soothing him too. Hands. Touches. Sweetness. For a moment it actually distracted him… He really…. Cares? Bastian couldn’t help but hug him for it. Even as his heart broke and his mind turned muddled. He had known, of course he did! But to see it? It made him feel so good….

It took him a moment to truly process his lover enough to realise what he was saying though. He cupped his cheek, almost forcefully, as he looked into his eyes. Bastian growled, flashing his fangs. “You dare get hurt and I’ll hunt you down to bring you back so I can kill you myself.” He grunted. He frowned and kissed him strongly. “Not here. Come to my house. I don’t want you far. To hell with the others. I want you there. I want to make sure you’re safe. So don’t hang about. Don’t put yourself in danger.” Bastian kissed him again. 

Right now, Bastian didn’t care about the academy, but he knew that was selfish, knew that it had meant a lot to his mother and there were innocent vampires there too. I can’t lose Clous too.

Finally he whispered, “Don’t leave me.”

With great reluctance he got up, dressed and left. His body felt numb. He felt broken and destroyed and shattered into a million pieces. It hadn’t fully sunken in that his mother was dead!

It didn’t take long to get home, as he approached he found and killed two hiding hunters, dragging their dead bodies with him and dumping them at the back door. It didn’t even scratch the surface of the bubbling inferno that raged within him. Fangs out, he angrily entered the house to find his family. Eyes taking everything in. What a bloody mess! Why didn’t anyone help her? How did she die? Blood. It smelt of it here. Like acid and pain. He half expected to sense more dead vampires to see more dead humans…. It felt oddly…. Underwhelming. “What the fuck happened?” He was panting heavily from the exhaustion of running here so quickly.

You better keep your promise, Clous! “Clous has gone to the Academy to get them to evacuate. We predict that’s the next place the bastards will go.” He growled again. His look also screamed that he wasn’t in the mood to have anyone bad mouth Clous, not right now. He was in a killer mood! Quite literally, the hunter blood evidence upon him.

——

Rory didn’t know where he was going, not until he arrived. Sadness soon washed over him as he took in the cabin his family died in. Too many memories flooded him. Why would I come back here? His heart started racing as he found himself touching his scars through his shirt and walking around the outside of the house.

He felt like…. This place was important. Like something was here that…. He needed…. But? What?

Clous still remembered the look on Bastians face when he cupped his face and told him not to get hurt or he'd kill him. He practically melted when the pureblood kissed him. 

“Not here. Come to my house. I don’t want you far. To hell with the others. I want you there. I want to make sure you’re safe. So don’t hang about. Don’t put yourself in danger.”

Wow....Bastian was really concerned about him. He didn't even care about what his family thought. He wanted him by his side..

" Ok..." He whispered. Unable to even argue with the man. They kissed again, and this time Clous kissed him back with so much passion. 

“Don’t leave me.”

And there it was...his lover was scared. Bastian had just lost his mother.... he was scared to lose anything else...even him... and In all honesty...all they had now...was each other. "...I won't..."

He watched as his lover got dressed and left in a hurry. He could sense just how messed up he was...but time was short...and there wasn't much Clous could do. There was honestly no time to process everything or greive. 

Clous was indeed a Aristocrat... and a high majority of them were blessed with abilities passed down through generations. Gifts and abilities that came from a pureblood. Unfortunately...Clous was a unlucky one. He never received any abilities, but he was extremely skilled with knives and a bow and arrow. He trained to be a killer. A true beast that hunted its prey. Unlike the Hellsins he was never denied blood or from the true monster all vampires were. He had zero remorse as he killed a handful of hunters that stormed the Academy but something was off. These hunters were stronger and faster than normal humans. 

"I see you..." He whispered, he stood on a balcony, pulling back his bow and aiming his arrow. His eyes glowing that mystic purple... that was probably the only unique quality about him... the only thing he got from his pureblood great grandfather. Almost 97% of vampires had eyes that glowed red... only 3% had a rare genetic mutation that allowed there eyes to glow another color and there have only been a handful of them through out history. 

He relased his arrow and hit its mark, hitting a female hunter in the arm, forcing her to drop her gun. He shot two more, at lightning speed. Hitting the human in the thigh and shouler. She fell to her knees in fear and confusion having no idea where these attacks were coming from. 

"Show yourself you fucking monster!!" She screamed, pulling out a knife, she was already struggling to stand. 

Clous appeared behind her, grabbing her by her neck and slamming her to the ground. From there he pinned her down, hovering over her. 

"I'm curious... tell me why you and your hunter friends are moving faster and exhibiting abnormal strength?"

"Let me go!"

" Even your agility is suspicious..."

"I will never tell you anything! "

Clous grinned mischievously. 

"Is that a challenge my dear? Cause I love a good challenge....Please take notice that when I shot my arrows I made sure to avoid any vital organs....you won't bleed out...well...not for awhile...which gives us plenty of time to get to know each other. "

He grabbed one of her hands, pinning it behind her back.

"What lovely nails you have..." With out warning, Clous bit down on her nail, and ripped it out of her finger. She immediately began to wail and cry. "Whoops.." SNAP.

"AAAGGHHH!! hahaha! F-fuck! "[/COLOR]

He then broke her finger. 

"DAMN YOU!! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

" I'm sorry? I don't believe that was the answer to my question.." He broke another finger, making the poor girl sob. 

" You do realize you still have 8 more fingers."

- - - - - - - - - - - - -   

"How long will you be?"

"I don't know.."

"Father! Please!.."

"James!" He raised his voice as his son followed him down the stairs. His voice wavering slightly. 

"Please... please do not go against me.... you are NOT the only person suffering in this situation and at this very moment. " He spat rather bitterly and just as he said that, his second child entered the living room, covered in blood. Bastian was home?!

Ciel and James stopped in there tracks. Ciel looked confused and rather concerned. He knew how close Bastian and Julia were... he knew his son wasn't taking this well but he was honestly surprised that he came home, and yet Ciel was extremely relieved that he did. "Bastian..."

He looked so upset and Ciel could sense the immense sadness coming from him. 

“What the fuck happened?”

He panted heavily. Ciel glanced over at James before sighing softly. 

"I'm still trying to figure it out. From my understanding...the Hunters broke the treaty...and turned on your mother and sister at the banquet. It was a trap...They..." He heaved a heavy sigh. Struggling to speak and accept his next words. "They killed Yuki...and have taken Olivia hostage. We don't know where...I have been summed by the sente for a emergency meeting...this offense...can not go unpunished. " He then asked his son why he was covered in human blood, and when his son informed him of hunters lurking around there manner, you could see the pure rage burn within Ciel's eyes as they turned red. 

The Hunters had already taken his beloved Yuki away... now they dare to strike his children. ..

“Clous has gone to the Academy to get them to evacuate. We predict that’s the next place the bastards will go.”

Ceil blinked. The Academy never even crossed his mind...was he losing it?"I..see...that's good. Thank you for taking initiative...Its not safe for the vampire students to be at Cross Academy. "

"That Tracy? Your still involved with him." James hissed. 

"Not now James...we have bigger things to deal with." He turned to Bastian and without warning hugged his precious son. "I am indebted to you and Clous... And I am so greatful that you are here in this time of crisis." My son...I will never understand the challenges you face with your gifts....but i know you hate them. Your mother...understood your struggles better than i ever could....Yuki knew and she always stood by you...even when i failed to be there and understand you....I am deeply sorry. I should of been there but was called to attend a meeting....I thought it was safe to send her...and I had Olivia accompany her...I had no idea...that this would be the outcome...if I could trade her life for mine... I would. He spoke in his sons mind, relasing him from his embrace, whipping a stray tear from his eyes. Please remain at the manner until I return. Make sure your brother doesn't leave. He's a mess and isn't thinking clearly with your sister missing....I would have you evacuate and go to our house in Holland...but we don't have the time to move Luc. He's still in slumber in the basement. I'm sure Shiki is by his side. Now that I know this area is unsafe... we won't be able to remain here much longer. I have made arrangements to move his coffin but the vampires and car won't arrive till tomrrow morning. If I have not returned by then....promise me... promise me you will take our family to Holland. I don't want to lose anyone else...getting you boys to safety is my main priority right now...because clearly our family is a target. And before you even suggest it. Do not wake your brother. I do not need another ticking time bomb....not right now....Promise me Bastian.... you have to Promise me.

Bastian really hoped that Clous could keep his word, losing him too…. He’d spiral out of control, worse than ever before… and this time? He’d not have his mother to help pull him out of it! I would die of a broken heart!

He knew the man was fierce and strong, related to a pureblood and yet? Not a pureblood. He adored seeing his eyes glow purple, but rarely mentioned it…. Right now? Bastian missed not having them beside him. He longed for the man close… longed for more. Forever.

It took Bastian more effort than he cared to admit to focus on his family right now. His eyes narrowing at the sight of the urn in his fathers arms. My mother…? His heart felt like it was aching and throbbing, breaking all over again. Frowning, he looked to James, Olivia too? “Shit.” He grunted out. His sister was also in trouble. “But no, this can’t go unpunished.” He growled out.

Of course, his brother continued to be an arsehole. He couldn’t help but hiss back at the bastard; about to open his mouth to talk except his father beat him to it. Still, he pushed a thought to James. Yes, and I have no intention of ending it. So when he turns up here after going to save our fucking school you’ll be nice or you’ll have to answer to me. He wasn’t messing around, not any more! He wasn’t going to deny what he wanted anymore either!

He returned to the world in time to see his father hug him, and hear his words. Blinking, he wondered if his mother had spoken to Ciel about things too. It was Clous’s idea to go to the school. He knew it needed to be looked after. That my mother loved it. But he wanted me to come to you all. If he gets hurt…. He couldn’t even bring himself to think it, but his sadness was palatable.

Tears flooded his eyes as he digested the conversation in his head; I wish you had been there too. Maybe…. Maybe she’d still be alive then. There was no point denying the connection he felt towards her, she had understood him better than anyone else! Or just listened when she didn’t. She never seemed to stop loving him. I don’t blame you. But I do blame them. They took someone who didn’t deserve it. Bastian would have been more deserving if death than his mother! Someone that has been fighting on their side for a long time. Idiots! Fucking fools.

He wiped his eyes, barely holding things together right now. He wanted to break down, his anger uncontrollable currently… yet? Ciel was asking him to do something next to impossible! I will…. Try…. But I’m barely holding it together myself. He pointed out, though he wanted to find Clous, wanted him here so he could tell he was okay too! Bastian had always been too emotional, always too instinctive…. Luc and James were the more strategic ones. Fine. I won’t wake Luc, but you know he could still wake himself. He might have felt our mothers death too. I’ll try not to let James leave…. But know…. I’ve told Clous to come here after he’s evacuated the school, and I will hurt anyone that tries to deny that. He growled, fists clenching as he forced himself to calm down and just breath.

“Go, father. The sooner you go…. The sooner we might have a plan of action. Sitting here too long…. It’s only going to drive us all crazy.” He looked to James. We will find, Olivia.

It was in that moment, he realised he’d never told Clous his other name… but after this? He promised himself he would. He’d heard Rory calling Luc by Kaname a few times and James calling Olivia by Emily…. He’d never thought about it or been jealous until this moment. Would Clous even want to say it? He doesn’t like complicated… we try not to let things get complicated. But doesn’t today prove that we care? That it’s too late? Isn’t it time? It’s been years. I’ve only been with him for years. Only thought of him. Does he…. Feel the same?

Taking a breath, he grabbed his brothers hand and dragged him to the kitchen. He grabbed two glasses and made up their blood tablet drinks. “Here. Drink. We need to be strong.” Which made him think of the two human hunters, “though part of me is tempted to go drain the hunter I killed.” He frowned, his mother wouldn’t like it. She loved the humans. But…. They had killed her.

James couldn't help but frown hearing Bastian defend Clous Tracy. The thought of the two of them being in a actual and serious relationship with each other was disgusting. It would further drag there family name through the mud. He rolled his eyes when Bastian told him to be nice to Clous or he'd hurt him. He scuffed. 

You are no match for me brother. Watch how you speak to me..

When Bastian told Ciel that it was Clous’s idea to evacuate the Academy he was shocked. His family was notorious for being selfish and hating humans....that fact that he cared about the Academy painted him in a slightly new light. 

I see...

For the past few years Ciel thought nothing of his sons relationship with Clous Tracy. He thought it was a faze. Another rebellion against his parents...He had no idea just how serious it was. 

I wish you had been there too. Maybe…. Maybe she’d still be alive then. 

Ciel gently whipped his sons tears away. He wish they had time to grieve together. He wished that his family could all be together to morn and support each other. 

I don’t blame you. But I do blame them. They took someone who didn’t deserve it.

Ciel smiled softly. He deeply appreciated the fact that Bastian didn't blame him for her death...it was something that was slowly haunting and killing the man. What if his children hated him for what happened to their mother?

"Thank you...my son."

Ciel knew he was asking too much of Bastian. But he was the only child he had that he could rely on. Luc was out of commission, for obvious reasons, and James was a ticking time bomb...and Olivia...Oliva was missing. 

I will…. Try…. But I’m barely holding it together myself.

I know...I'm sorry that I'm asking so much of you...

When Bastian agreed not to wake Luc, Ciel released a sigh of relief. As much as he wished for his son to be here...he respected his wishes. Luc didn't want to be disturbed and honestly he knew that if he woke him, Ciel wouldn't be able to control him. Luc valued family more than anything. He'd immediately go looking for his sister with James and the two would bring great devastion where ever they went. 

“Go, father. The sooner you go…. The sooner we might have a plan of action. Sitting here too long…. It’s only going to drive us all crazy.”

"Yes...I'll be back as soon as I can. " He put Julia's urn on the table. Sighing softly. "Look after her as well..." He muttered, but rushing out the door. 

James bit his lip folding his arm. He was struggling to keep his composer. This was probably the first time ever Bastian would see him so desperate and on edge. This wasn't like him....

We will find, Olivia.

James glanced over at his younger brother and shook his head. He appreciated Bastians words. Growing up they never got along...James was always a good boy. As straight as an arrow. And Bastian was always the trouble maker. 

Yeah...

James flinched when his brother suddenly grabbed his hand and dragging him to the kitchen. "What are you doing." He muttered, yanking his hand away. "Don't pull me... I am not a child." He watched as his brother prepared him a glass of artificial blood. 

Was Bastian being nice to him?

It was painfully clear how cranky James was... and it was obvious who he was taking it out on... his family. But could you blame him?

“Here. Drink. We need to be strong.”

With little intrest. James took the glass and held it against his chest. He wasn't hungry. He couldn’t eat, sleep, or think properly with his beloved Emily missing. 

“though part of me is tempted to go drain the hunter I killed.”

"Me too... I don't know what our mother ever saw in them...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"The Sente has summoned the council for a emergency meeting. Council... is everyone present."

"Yes." Several vampires said in unison. The Senate was comprised of six vampires. The council ten. They sat in a dark room, the sente sitting up high on a long desk seating the six, . while the council members stood below them. 

"Bring forth Ceil Hellsin. Speak your case. " Ceil took a deep breath before stepping forward and bowing slightly out of respect. He raised his head, speaking his case. 

" My lords....It has come to my attention that the hunters have broken our peace treaty. A few hours ago. My wife and daughter attended a peace banquet between our species. But it was a Trap. The hunters turned on my family and killed my wife and have taken my daughter hostage...The Hunters also attempted to attack Cross Academy. The school my wife built to build cohesion and friendship between our two kinds. I believe this is a direct attack on my family and our morals...no other pureblood families or royals or aristocrats have reported an attack yet. But I am sure there will be more to come in the days ahead now that nothing is stopping our two species from killing each other. "

"We are sorry for your loss. Mr. Hellsin. Your wife was a. remarkable young lady. "

"Thank you my lord. "

A women spoke. 

"I am confused as to how your wife, a powerful pureblood, parished at the hands of mere humans. "

" I am unaware of all the details given that I was not present...but from the damges reported...these humans were not normal and it would be wise not to underestimate them...My lady. "

"This is a unforgivable offense...The fact that the hunters had the audacity to strike and kill a pureblood is alarming."

"My lords. Please wait...Though they have broken the treaty. I do not think this attack is the entire view of all hunters. I believe someone specifically targeted my family and has manipulated many of the hunters to turn there back on peace. "

"Peace? You speak of peace? Don't tell me you still wish for peace?!"

" I just--"

"Regardless of who's pulling the strings. They killed a pureblood and that alone can not go unpunished. "

"Yes my lord, I agree but I'm here to ask for you to allow my family to take care of this matter. I do not wish for the council or sente to get evolved. Not until I find the man who killed my wife...I want to eliminate the hunters that attacked my family and threaten the peace the Hellsins have spent decades trying to build. There is a posion within the Hunter Association...allow me to be the one to remove it. "

"Nonsense...we are already involved. If this wasn't a pureblood family then things may be different. But the sente can not overlook the murder of one of our own and I'm disgusted that you would. "

"I'm not overlooking it! I simply want the people who did this to be brought to justice...but I want to avoid unnecessary blood shed. Not every hunter is guilty. "

"Enough..."

Charles Tracy spoke in a ominous voice. He was blonde with a beard and mustache. His eyes purple. He didn't look over a thousand years old..but he was...and he was one of the most respected purebloods in the world. 

"If the hunters attack one pureblood...they attack us all...Blood has already been spilt...it seems to me that the Hunter Association has forgotten just how powerful we truly are...that we allow them to live...that we allow them freedom...Given what has happened I think we need to remind them that we are superior. "

"My lord... Lord Tracy. I beg of you... I ask that we only punish the guilty party at play."

"The Hunters have come knocking at our door asking for war...it would be rude not to open it.."

"But my lord! My wife wouldn't want chaos and bloodshed. We need to come to a resolution!"

"And I have come to one Mr. Hellsin. We will give the humans what they want...we need to re- instill fear into them. And we can not do that by showing mercy. "

He slowly stood, turning towards a servant. 

"Send some vampires into the towns...let them feast on whoever they see fit...and gather a team of vampires to go look for Hellsin’s daughter. " He turned to Ceil, his eyes cold. 

"Your family is free to seek its revenge. I will not stand in the way but peace is no longer a option. "

——

[ A few hours later ]

Clous knocked on the Hellsin door. 

Bastian just growled at his brother, he knew he was just upset about their sister but that didn’t mean he had to just sit back and take it! Maybe. But I fight dirty. He grunted out, but didn’t push more. He wasn’t about to just let James walk over him in regards to Clous. Nope! Still, he was worried about Olivia too. Bastian was confident they’d find her… hopefully alive.

Bastian let his father wipe his tears. He really was barely holding his shit together… and right now? He felt utterly alone. Scared. Broken. Hurt. There was so much pressure on his shoulders right now. Pressure and fear! He really wanted Clous to be beside him, just so he could tell he was okay! He didn’t want to have to be an adult right now!

Looking to the urn, Bastian paused a moment. She’s really dead? It hurt so much. He felt like he might cry all over again! Get yourself together.

Rolling his eyes he looked to his brother; he decided not to comment about his brothers petulant mutterings. He’s just worried about Olivia. Let it go…. This time.

His lip actually twitched in the semblance of a smile when his brother hugged his blood and spoke. Where they briefly getting on? “Not all humans are terrible. But right now? I don’t want to think about that….” He shook his head, sighing. “For now? Please just drink. Even if you don’t feel like it. Think about Olivia. She’s going to be pissed if you’re not looking after yourself. Or at me for not making you.” He winked to him. It was true, they’d never really connected. James was the perfect golden child and everything Bastian wasn’t and never would be!

Hearing the front door, his claws extended briefly as he stepped closer. “Stay here.” He whispered to James. He approached slowly, ready to attack. At least until he recognised Clous’s aura through the door. Instantly he relaxed. He opened the door, taking the sight of the man in. Without hesitation or being able to stop himself he grabbed the man and pulled him in for a big hug, burying his head against the others neck. Breathing him in. You’re here. You’re okay. He breathed heavily before pulling back and bringing Clous inside the house. James is here, he’s sour as my sister has been kidnapped. The hunters will pay for that. My father is currently meeting with the Sente. He filled him in. Closing the door he took a deep breath and nuzzled him.

“What happened at the academy?” He asked out loud as he finally released him and guided him to the kitchen. “Drink?” As he spoke he pushed his thoughts to his brother; It’s only Clous. There was a moment of hesitation before he added softer, nervous even, please be nice to him.

• 2 weeks later...

James couldn't help but frown hearing Bastian tell him that not all humans are terrible. Right now he felt like he could kill every last one of them for harming his beloved Emily. 

[ “For now? Please just drink. Even if you don’t feel like it. Think about Olivia. She’s going to be pissed if you’re not looking after yourself. Or at me for not making you.” ]

James bit his lip, he appreciated his brothers attempt to lighten the mood. That was one skill he wished he possessed. Bastian was always able to crack a joke, even at the worst of times. "..I'll try..." He muttered, taking a sip of his drink. This mind in a dark haze. It was so hard for him to sit still and take care of himself when Emily was endanger. She was more than just family, but the love of his life. 

James tensed hearing a knock at the front door. Was it there father? And so soon? Just when he was about to leave the kitchen, Bastian blocked his path, telling him to stay put. He frowned, annoyed. But before he could even protest Bastian had already made his way to the door. James peeked his head out from the kitchen, curious. Unfortunately... it was Clous...

Clous tensed feeling Bastian suddenly yank him into a hug. He struggled against him, looking a little irritated. But not because of Bastians affection. He was more disgusted with the human hunters. "Your crushing me."

You’re here. You’re okay. 

Clous rolled his eyes. Was there ever any doubt? You insult me darling. I may not be a pureblood or posses an ability but I'm certainly not weak.

He sighed when the lover released him, but the moment he opened his mouth, Bastian was already pulling him along and into the house. 

"Bastian..I gotta--"

[ James is here, he’s sour as my sister has been kidnapped. The hunters will pay for that. My father is currently meeting with the Sente. ]

"Wait- what?!"

His eyes widened. If Bastians sister was taken by the hunters than there was no doubt in his mind what the humans had planned for her. And if Bastians father was meeting with the sente then...he'd be speaking with his grandfather. 

[Quote]“What happened at the academy?”[/Quote]

He shook his head trying to process everything. 

"Everyone got out before the hunters came...I killed a few of them...but Bastian there's something I need to--"

[ “Drink?” ]

He fell silent as he followed the pureblood into the kitchen, and met James gaze. He was already glaring at him in disproval. Go figure. 

[ It’s only Clous, please be nice to him.]

James gave Bastian a slight nod.

Clous rolled his eyes and bit his lip, turning to Bastian. " You know I don't drink that artificial crap..." He hissed, crossing his arms. 

"Watch your mouth.." James spat. 

Clous sighed. "no offense. " He quickly added. He spoke in Bastian mind.

Bastian I need to tell you something...when I was at the Academy I managed to gather some Intel from one of the hunters....The human hunters are consuming pureblood blood. They managed to capture a handful of them...and have been using them as blood banks. And in doing so...they are stronger than normal humans...I'd say they damn near posses the strength and speed of any other vampire...and since you said they took your sister...they probably plan on consuming her blood too...there are five locations where there gathering blood...I manged to get the location of two places before the hunter died.....We need to take the upper hand and attack them, rescue the captured purebloods....theres even a chance your sister could be there. They dont know that we know what there doing or there locations. We'd completely surprise them... They wouldn't see us coming.

“Babe! I know how strong you are. But my mother was strong too…. And the mere thought of losing you both today is killing me.” He admits. “Besides, we both know you’re a force unto your own….” He laughed.

He felt cold at that, he knew Clous looked up to his grandfather…. But their families? Well…. It was unlikely they’d ever be accepted as [i]together[/i] by everyone. “I imagine your grandfather will desire blood….”

Bastian had to force himself to stop talking and focus on Clous. He was barely holding himself together…. Even forgetting silly things like Clous only drinking human blood. It wasn’t something they tended to focus on, simply accepting each other as they were.

Reaching, he cupped Clous’s cheek. “Sorry.” He let his hand drop, more than aware he was being too clingy and affectionate, things Clous wouldn’t like others to see…. Especially James. It was hard holding back and controlling himself, he found himself practically vibrating with the need for contact. “The only human blood here is the two dead hunter bodies on the back porch….” He admitted.

”Go on…. What’s up?” Listening he found his heart suddenly racing and suddenly he felt extremely torn. “Shit…. Shit, shit, shittidy, shit!” Bastian growled. Anger apparent in his very demeanour. He glanced to James briefly before turning around to look out the window.

He felt like this was a test! A test of his belief system and his loyalty to his family! Bastian felt hopeless….

Talking directly to Clous he said; [i]This isn’t easy…. I promised my father we would wait for his meeting to end. I can’t just leave James here…. I can’t wake Luc up…. But taking James with us? He could be a force to be reckoned with or a liability. And we both know my visions are basically useless. Too cryptic for them to truly help us.[/i] He whimpered and covered his face. [i]My entire life I have followed my mothers belief of befriending the humans…. And now? I’m left with a choice of going and possibly saving Olivia or staying and letting them hurt her.[/I]

Bastian felt sick. His skin paler as he looked to James, he had to tell him…. “Clous has some important information from interrogating the humans…. They’re…. They’re purposely capturing pure bloods…. They’re…. Letting their blood and drinking it.” He let that sink in, briefly he wondered why they couldn’t have captured his mother instead of killing her! Maybe he could have saved her!?

”Clous…. He managed to get details of two bases they use… there are others though. But the question is….” He sighed, “do we wake Luc? Do we wait for father? Or do the three of us leave right now and go hit these two bases and try to save our sister?” It seemed all rational thought was gone now.

He looked down at his hands, claws out as he made a fist. Bastian knew he was close to going berserk, to losing all parts of himself…. He had to be careful. This required more finesse than the black sheep of the family was known for.

”Let’s…. Let’s go…. Us three. Leave a note for Dad….” I’ll need to apologise later…. And accept that I’ll continue to be a disappointment to the man. I couldn’t even do this one thing right! How pathetic…. Am I really a Hellsin?

Clous frowned ever so slightly. He actually felt alittle bad for being so cold. He knew Bastian had just lost his mother not even 24 hours ago...of course he'd be on edge and clingy. Actually Bastian was being more openly affectionate then he was use to. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it. 

When Bastian said something about losing him. That's when it really sunk in. Bastian...really cared for him. 

Even tho they had been seeing each other for about two years now...they never talked about becoming something serious. Actually just the idea of it made Clous uncomfortable. 

[ “I imagine your grandfather will desire blood….” ]

Clous nodded. He took a moment to really look over Bastian and he noticed the state he was in. His lover was a wreck. He appeared to barely be holding himself together. He flinched when the other touched his cheek. But not because he didn't like it... it just... surprised him. Bastian was being so affectionate and attentive in front of his brother who clearly didn't like the idea of them being together. Bastian often pretended not to care what his family thought of him..but deep down he did. 

[ “Sorry.” ]

He dropped his hand and Clous once again felt bad for not returning his affection. He spoke in his mind grabbing his hand. ( no...its fine...your fine... )

[ “The only human blood here is the two dead hunter bodies on the back porch….” ]

Clous smirked, rolling his eyes. "No thanks... I'm not even hungry. " When his lover finally heard what he had to say he saw the color drain from his face. 

[ “Shit…. Shit, shit, shittidy, shit!” ]

He could see the anger in his eyes. James knew Clous and Bastian were having a conversation and not including him, and it was pissing him off. "What are you two talking about.." 

Clous ignored him, touching Bastian's shoulder trying to calm him. " What do you want to do? "

[ This isn’t easy…. I promised my father we would wait for his meeting to end. I can’t just leave James here…. I can’t wake Luc up…. But taking James with us? He could be a force to be reckoned with or a liability. And we both know my visions are basically useless. Too cryptic for them to truly help us.]

Clous listened and nodded. Bastian was clearly conflicted. He wish he could tell him what the right thing to do was. And there was his mothers belief of befriending the humans…. 

"I think your mother's belief only applies to humans who aren't trying to hunt and kill us. " He muttered. 

"Bastian...what are you not telling me." James said, glaring at his younger brother. Why did his demeanor change all of a sudden. 

Clous bit his lip and kind of tucked himself behind Bastian as he told James the information he had gathered. 

James felt his heart drop.... Hunters? Hunters were hunting and drinking the blood of purebloods ? It was unthinkable! Forbidden! How dare they!! The room grew cold as James struggled to control his emotions. The next words that came out of his mouth made him turn his attention to Clous. He knew where the locations were. He knew were they were keeping Emily?! 

"Tell me where." He growled. 

"Wait... just wait... we should think about this. " Clous interrupted. James and Bastian were clearly upset and when your upset you often make poor decisions. 

[ “do we wake Luc? Do we wait for father? Or do the three of us leave right now and go hit these two bases and try to save our sister?” ]

"We should go now!" James hissed. His hands clenched into fists as ice formed on his skin. Clous on the other hand was more cautious. 

( Bastian.... ) He spoke in his mind. ( I will support you in whatever you decided....) 

Clous was always down to go kill hunters. He didn't like humans in general. 

[”Let’s…. Let’s go…. Us three. Leave a note for Dad….” ]

James and Clous nodded in agreement. Probably the only time they would agree on something. 

"I'll write the note." James said quickly, rushing out of the kitchen and into the living room to grab a pen and paper. There father was going to be extremely upset but he'd deal with the consequences later. James always obeyed his parents wishes but this time... he couldn't. Emily's very life was at stake. 

Once James was gone Clous turned to his lover, they were finally alone. 

"Bas...this will be a rescue mission. Let's get in and get out...ok? And..." He sighed rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. He stepped closer to the man and suddenly pulled him into a forceful kiss. It was quick but passionate and real. "You know how much I hate apologizing...so don't make me say it...I didn't mean to be...distant... its just...a little weird with your bother standing there. " 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

[ 1 hour later ] 

"This it?"

"Yes... its were the Hellsins live..the two other hunters we sent to scope out the place were killed....but according to our intel... Luc Hellsin is somewhere inside the house in slumber. "

"Sounds like an easy target. " 

"Indeed...and there doesn't seem to be any movement in the house...but I doubt they'd leave him unprotected. "

"So what's the plan then?"

The male hunter smirked. He gestured over to his car where there was tones of gas in containers. 

" We torch the place...and with any luck...The vampires will die inside. " 

The female hunter laughed in excitement, clapping her hands. " ooooh! How exciting. "

"Come on..let's get started. It'll be quick. " 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Shiki had cried himself to sleep. He was leaning against Lucs coffin when he slowly woke up. He wasn't quite sure how long he'd been asleep but he needed to see what was going on upstairs. He remembered talking to Lord Ciel and giving him Lady Julie's ashes. The man looked to devasted and heartbroken...and to top it all off his only daughter had been captured. He didn't even wanna pretend to be in Lord Ciels predicament. 

" I'll be right back.." He muttered to Lucs coffin. Not only did Shiki look after Luc but he would often talk to him...hoping he'd hear him. 

As he ascending the stairs, a burning smell hit his nostrils. " w-what the--" He ran up the stairs entering the hallway that was lit a blaze... in fact the entire house was on fire! "N-no no no no no no!" Shiki quickly tried to put out the flames with his abilities, but there was too many of them, and beans, doors, and floors were starting to collapse. "Shit!" He ran back down to the basement as smoke started to fill the room, the flames were already creeping down the steps. 

There was no way he could get Lucs coffin out of the burning house. Especially on his own, but he wasn't about to leave his master to die. In order to save his life...their lives...he'd have to wake him. 

"Lord Luc.. forgive me.." He bit his lip and undid the clasps on the coffin, before forcing it open...

A few seconds passed before Luc opened his eyes, and slowly sat up. There was this unbelievable pain in his chest... for some reason he felt off...something felt wrong. Like a sacred bond he had once shared was now gone forever. 

The warm fuzzy feeling he use to get from his mother...her love and affection...felt absent. 

"Lord Luc! We have to go!" 

He looked up and saw Shiki. He was speaking frantically and was trying pull him out of the coffin. He was still waking up and feeling groggy. Luc glanced behind him and saw bright red and orange flames beginning to engulf the room. What was going on?! 

Wait... was there house on fire? Shiki forced him out of the coffin and put his arm around his shoulder trying to hold him up. 

"S-shiki..w-whats happening." 

"No time to fill you in, we gotta get out of here, let's hurry.." 

He said, rushing him up the stairs and repelling the flames. 

The two barely made it out of the house before it completely fell apart...it was now just burning ruble. 

Luc sunk to his knees watching the flames take his home... his memories... his childhood. Who would do such a thing?! How did this even happen?!

"I-i don't understand. My home...how can this be?!" 

"Lord Luc...there are Somethings. I need to tell you..." Shiki whispered before hesitantly handing Luc an urn. The moment Lucs eyes fell on the vase he immediately knew who it was, and he felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. So this is what Shiki rushed back inside to get. 

"M-mother? B-but how!" He sobbed. "no! NO NO NO NOO!" A violent wind ripped through the air...rustling the grass and trees. He was losing control. Shiki knelt down in front of his master. "My lord...there is so much that I need to tell you..."