Confession of a Closeted Fangirl

rei1002

Here goes my confession:

Four years ago, an online friend introduced to me a strange type of anime/manga she had discovered.

Gay.

I thought wow, why would one watch/read? Why would anyone write that in the first place? Of course, being born and raised in a strict Asian family, I never heard of homosexuality until I came the US.

She said I should watch it and ignore the fact that it is gay because the story is good. The anime was Loveless. It was okay, but I found the guys' relationship to be surprisingly normal. I was curious so I went to a manga reading site and search for a short gay manga (because I preferred manga), and I came across Gimmick by Someya Rui. That was the starting point of my obsession. I started reading other shounen-ai, then I tried yaoi. As I am aging, I read mature ones like slice of life. Then I started noticing gays in the society. I often giggled to myself when I see gay couples, or simply good bromance ♥‿♥. A year later, I got into the world of shipping/slash. I read fanfics, doujinshi and made fanart..etc. I watch gays movies (and sometimes gv ಠ◡ಠ). Gay fantasy was and is part of my hetero life. I call it nothing, but obsession. I find guys relationship to be so complex yet very interesting and heart-warming.

I apologize I always write a lot in a post. I do not get to express myself a lot. You see, I am in introvert. I do not have many friends. Which is why no one knows about my love for yaoi ಥ_ಥ I spend most of my time reading, playing video games, making gay Sims, playing piano. I have a job and is in college. But I need to make time in my busy schedule for Yaoi. I am a nerd. That would be Otaku in Japanese. This is why YaoiOtaku is a perfect place for me. I would comment on some posts and readings people's ideas. If I could gain a few friends to discuss our love for yaoi, it would be amazing ಥ◡ಥ.

Just the thought of someone might be reading my long-ass writing makes me happy. If you just read this whole thing ಠ_๏, thanks so much!

My name is DongRei (덩레이) or just Rei. 20 yo, blood type B. Own a pet cat, Plum and a goldfish, Sushi.

Thank you the creators of this amazing site and all members for being part of this! (•‿•)v

P.S Skyrim is also my current obsession. My male breton is married to Farkas!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rei1002

• rainbowman

• sarah3161

• Paul4U

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rei....

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
xD Welcome to YO! And yes, I read the whole thing :) There are many people around to be friends here, even though it's only the internet, there are many of real friends around ;) Hope you enjoy your stay here and, nice to meet you :)

• Like 1

Hey

~ Welcome to YaoiOtaku! I hope you enjoy your time here and I also hope to see you around the forms~

• Like 1

Hello

!!!

By the way, I can relate with the Sim. I make them too!

Welcome_zpsb72ca16f.png

Welcome2_zps992ab6fc.png

Thank you!

I am glad I am not the only one who make sims.

Being able to control them can be very fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Rei....
xD Welcome to YO! And yes, I read the whole thing :) There are many people around to be friends here, even though it's only the internet, there are many of real friends around ;) Hope you enjoy your stay here and, nice to meet you :)

ಥ◡ಥ ♥!

Thank you very much!

Nice to meet you too, Riko (visted your page)!

Welcome! I'm kinda new here myself! I can totally relate to you being an introvert. I am too. It's cool that you do fan art too. I always wanted to draw but I've got no talent. The best I can manage is stick people. And like you, I find myself liking slice of life manga too! Ah well, I hope you have fun and meet new friends!