{WORDY!} mangotango's poetry & other writing thingies

mangotango

Like my

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, I eventually wanted to start a thread to house my poetry and random writing (i.e. any miscellaneous short blurbs... that could pass for poetry? Haha). So, here I am. Most of these are fairly old, though I still enjoy coming back to them now and then. It's funny to look back and think about what life was like (or what I thought life was like) back when I first wrote these (timeline spans anywhere from my first year in high school to, eh, probably a year or so ago). Proper warnings will be noted, so look for those where available. Mostly, these are just crazy little things I dug up on my hard drive :D ** I hope that even though it's not all poetry, it can remain here? Just let me know **

Enjoy!

hello, world!

emhelloworld.png

--------------------------------------------

+ First up is an image, because the poem had such a specific shape to it and I wasn't sure how to format all the linebreaks. (concrete poems are fun... I recommend them to everyone!) :D

.44 (warning for uh, IDK graphic imagery? Death? *shrugshrug*)

He showed up at my door with a .44, wearing sunglasses and a smirk on an overcast day that would later give way to rain.

What could I say to the man in the suit I wanted to rip just to watch it fray and hear it tear...

...nothing to wear to a funeral I almost missed and I wished out loud it was me and not you, but the truth is I died, too.

The man at my door is a calm-collected mess and the dress I'm wearing is hiding the secrets he's seeking, but leaking that information leaves me vulnerable not to the gun, but to his eyes that shoot bullets straight through my body and into my soul.

Sort through the lies as flies encircle the flesh upon which they feed, for death is a done deed.

He showed up at my door with a .44, wearing sunglasses and a smirk on an overcast day that would later give way to rain.

+ Oh gosh, I think I remember writing this based on a photograph... I can't find the photo, though! But you get the picture (haha, oh my lame jokes!) This was fun to write, and if I could focus longer than five minutes I would craft an entire story based on the premise of this. I guess it's just my fascination with the "bad boy/dangerous guy". Oh, and men dressed in suits and ties. Rawr. xD

There's a storm coming that darkens

the horizon with a bleakness I see

when I close my eyes, glowing radiantly

with the blue-black of the end of days.

The darkness in my mind has manifested -

dark...darker...Darko.

I'm seeking out the answers I already know,

but the wolrd is caving in, blowing past

on its way to a better time

& I am blowing with it.

It's a mad world, don't you know,

so take it easy & take it slow.

Follow this rabbit wherever he goes...

deep down into the darkness below.

Travel time, but don't get caught -

when the world ends, Donnie,

you'll have won the battle fought.

When I woke up this morning,

I had a feeling it was going to be a good day.

+ This is based on the film Donnie Darko which I recommend watching at least once.

That's all for now, peeps! I hope you enjoyed reading, feel free to let me know! :3

• Like 1

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mangotango

• rainbowman

• Dayu

• BlueNeon

Ummm, I guess I'll just keep posting? If for no other reason than the fact that finding these has made me want to write again

:hamtaro-005 (5):

Grounded

Grounded

I looked in the mirror

but only saw a murder

of crows committed

flying south

black

against the wind

pushing the sky

with gleaming eyes

& broken wings.

(I only wish my bones were hollow so I could fly, too.)

+ I'm such a nerd, because I wrote this after I found out a group of crows is often referred to as a "murder of crows" and I was like, "OMG I LOVE WORDS!" Um, yeah. xD

Little Fish

Little Fish

You're a little fish

in a sea of sharks,

but sparks will fly...

you're a sly

little fish,

I only wish

their teeth weren't so sharp,

shot like a harp

through your heart

that gave a start,

(but you're a smart one.)

Wounds heal

but scars steal

wary glances

from the masses

that pass you by,

but don't you cry,

little fish, for we'll speak

i n w h i s p e r s

& share a moment

in comfortable quiet

amid a sea of sharks

with fire in their eyes

& lies on their lips.

+ I don't even know the backstory behind this one. What are your thoughts? :3

• Like 1

"Sort through the lies as flies encircle the flesh upon which they feed, for death is a done deed." - like this one,

You're "Little Fish" -- its a metamorphic thing, ne? Specially the last words..

"share a moment

in comfortable quiet

amid a sea of sharks

with fire in their eyes

& lies on their lips."

Wow I like your poems too.

I think I should make my thread like this?

• Like 1

Hey thank you,

:3

I like that line, too... I have this strange love for internal rhyme.

About "Little Fish", yes it is. It's like... hm, have you ever noticed how people can't help but stare at what they don't recognize... say for instance, a scar? A wound to the flesh is obvious (we know something happened), but eventually it "heals", but a scar (depending on the depth of the wound) remains. It's like a brand almost... and I guess this was how I felt... wanting to shield all the people with scars... physical, emotional, etc. from all the other people who stare and are so rude when they whisper about that person. Or, just anyone who looks/acts different from the "sea of sharks". Being an individual isn't ugly, it's beautiful. ^_^

IDK something along those lines. Open for interpretation, thank you for your support/comments. :D And sure, you can set up a writing thread... definitely keep writing! *nodnod*

*nods* right.

I think it's like that.. Like when you go outside and you feel naked infront of everyone, thatkind of embarassing feeling when people talk beside/behind you.. And even though it's a whisper you can definitely here what they are talking about, and it's YOU. (my interpretation doesnt speak ofliteral wounds, like you say, physically, emotionally) Im .. Im gonna PM you a picture I drew.. About this kind of feeling :)

Yes yes exactly, I know what you mean

*hug*

There are differences that can't be seen with the eye that make us unique, but sometimes some people in the world can't embrace the unique. They would rather talk bad about what/who they don't understand... they are the sharks in my poem... most definitely.

And yes, I'd love to see your picture. :3

haha I will change my thread into a BL poems.. :)

They cant understand.. Some people just back off because they couldnt understand. They never thought of understanding things before pushing them away. And some people are just too timid.. *hugs you too* xD

*nodnod* Yes, it seems easier for some to avoid what they doesn't understand :(

• 1 month later...

gomene! I cant read it. My phone wont allow it. I hate my phone. Anyways I will read it some other time.

If u had the time please visit mine in wattpad.

( http//:http://www.wattpad.com/FateStayKnight )

• 2 months later...

Oh my gosh I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply! I tried your link but it wouldn't work ;_; *snuggles you*

• 3 weeks later...

The one you posted above with your works on wattpad. I was going to check them out ;-;

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Seems like the user mangotango is not active anymore, but I still think I should write this. Lovely poems, once again they show that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.