The Rebellion (InkompleteWish 1x1)

tuti

(Urgh, i think there are so many mistakes in this. I am sorry if there really are. :´( )

Soon after Mike had brought him to his tent, he was left on his own. After deciding to look around the small village for a bit, he left the tent and made his way around. During his short trip, he got a bit of paper and a pencil from one of the soldiers. The man said that he looked like he wanted something like this. Something along the lines of 'You look like a nice kid. Here, draw something.' and shoved said things in Kaitos hands. Of course, he didn't like to be treated like that but he just mumbled something and thanked the guy. After returning to his own tent, he set his things on the desk and began to draw. The people here probably got something along the lines of a map but since Kaito was new, he needed something like this for himself.

After a few hours, Mike showed up again. The nice soldier brought him his dinner and they talked most of the time. Mike wanted to know what the year 2012 was like. Of course Kaito told him about it. It wouldn't cause some sort of time axis after all, he was from the past. Something like that would only happen when he comes from the future and told something about said future right? Well either way, Mike left soon and took the empty plates with him. With a short bow and a thank you, he said goodbye to Mike. So now he was alone again and his small map was already finished.........Kaito decided to think about something that might be able to help them. Maybe a robot? No, no, no. Bad idea. These people hated robots. Even if they were created with a nice intent......probably.

Kaito couldn't help himself though and started to draw blueprints of different kinds of robots and utensils that might help them. Like a washing machine, cameras, or the like. Though he didn't know if these people needed such things as this, it was worth a try. He was stopped in his maniac mode though, when he heared Tylers voice. "A-ah. Yes! Of course!" he nearly shouted out of surprise nad shoved the different blueprints away. He didn't want Tyler to see them yet. They were still unfinished and truth be told, he was a bit embarrassed. He was still a student in university after all, not a full flegded professor. So~ The blueprints landed inside the desk, a few corners still sticking out of it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tuti

• InkompleteWish

(It looks fine to me ^.^)

The permanent frown on Tyler's handsome face deepened at the hasted tone in Kaito's voice. Despite being busy thinking about a way to get to the heart of Red Star with less causalities on his side as possible, he couldn't help stop thinking about Kaito. He'd worried if the other male had eaten his dinner or whether he was feeling comfortable or not. It was normal to worry about some else this much, right? Someone who he'd only known for one day, right?

Even though this entire situation wouldn't have happened if the Kaito of his time hadn't build those damned robots for Red Star; Tyler couldn't hate Kaito. Kaito looked way to naive and innocent in his eyes...but that might just be his mind playing tricks on him.

He stepped into the tent and without really being aware of it, as soon as his eyes fell on Kaito's face his frowning face relaxed for a split of a second before returning. "Hey, how are you doing? Did they bring dinner to you?" He asked as he moved to lean on the right corner of the desk and folded his strong arms over his chest as he glanced around the room in search of Kaito's dinner but he couldn't see it anywhere. He either didn't get dinner or someone took the plates for him. As he eyes moved around the room he noticed a bunch of papers sticking out one of the desk drawers. Without asking for permission, he opened said drawer taking the blue-prints out.

"What is this?" He asked, his bright eyes looking over the different types of robots. He was no engineer or a scientist but he knew what was a robot when he saw it. "Did you make this?" He asked finally looking into Kaito's eyes. There were things they already had like wash-machines and cameras, but there were also robots here that he hadn't seen before.

Kaito was kind of naive to the most. But he wasn't really. The student knew of the different things that happened in the world. Killings, war, starving, intrigues against each other. The world wasn't a playground and Kaito wasn't a kid playing in it. This world was more like a chess game. Everyone took their draw and took a step forward. In the end, Kaito was a chess piece. A pawn maybe. While striking and taking draws from others, he would eventually crumble and the game would either be lost or won. Yet, he didn't experience something like war or the like. He lost his parents though, he saw death many times. He was prepared for the game, a suitable pawn.

He actuall liked Tyler and the others. Though he had done terrible things to them, his older self, they accepted his want to help them. They didn't want to kill him for what he had done. He was touched, he thought that now his life would change. And maybe he would change from a pawn, to a bishop. Someone who would be able to help, to rescue. To win the game.

"Ah, yes. Mike brought me something to eat earlier. I am fine, thank you." he said, smiling. It was nice to know that Tyler was worried for him. Kaito did not know if it was because they were his only hope or because Tyler was worried for Kaito as a person. Either way, the feeling of being worried for was warming his heart. It had been a long time since someone cared for him like that. Since three years ago, when his grandparents died. He shifted a bit when Tyler got closer. Stepping out of the older mans way, he noticed why said man was walking towards him. He stood before his desk where the papers where still sticking out of the drawer. "Ah! Don't look at them!" he said, trying to get the blueprints out of Tylers hands.

He stilled when Tyler asked him if he draw that. "Uhm yes. I thought.....that i might be able to create something to help you. I-i don't know if you would like it if i created robots though. Those aren't finished yet though. I wanted to create something for you. To repay your kindness......" he said, looking away. He wondered if Tyler would allow him to help with creating robots. He still didn't knew what Tyler thought of him after all.

Tyler stared down at the blueprints in his hands quietly with mixed feelings. There was nothing he hated the most than robots, they've destroyed their world and had taken many innocent lives in the process. Humans made the stupid mistake of relying too much on them and now look at what had happened. This situation was worst than the days when the world was wrapped up in the chaos of a third world war. Was violence the only answer for everything? Nevertheless, he had to admit that the way they were now it would be difficult to really defeat Red Star once and for all.

"Could you modify these designs to weapons instead?" He finally asked still not wanting to rely on robots...good or bad. "The guns we have are powerful but not powerful enough to fight the robots." He said removing his gun from his holster to make his point. "The robots are made from hard metal and we always end up out of munitions while fighting them." He explained, his eyes never leaving Kaito's. "If you could create guns for us, strong enough to fight the robots back it would be of greater help."

He placed the papers on top of the table and looked at them for a little bit longer. Kaito was indeed something special. He kept on proving him wrong every time. Ty thought the young man would be scared of fighting or that he would drop to his knees begging to be brought back to his time...but the man did exactly the opposite. Earning Ty's trust and respect. "Thank you...for being willing to help us." He said with his back still to the slightly shorter man.

"I....i can try. I know about creating robots but weapons.....Well, i will look what i can do. I need a few informations about the robots though. What type they are, the material that created them, etcetera. Could you leave your gun here then? I need something to experiment on....." he said, not sure if Tyler wanted to part with his beloved gun. It was the only thing to ward the robots off, at least for a while. He knew he probably shouldn't create robots but that was nearly the only thing he was good at. He looked at the blueprints in Tylers hands, instead of the others eyes. Sure, he was able to create something like small robots or the like but modifing guns wasn't in any of his classes.

Tyler turned around and Kaito began staring at the broad back. Tyler was strong, trusting and a leader. Everything that Kaito wasn't. It was good to know a person like this. Kaito really liked him for that. He turned red after thinking about that. Thinking that he like Tyler, that was weird and......false, right? It was not natural and hopefully those thoughts would dissapear soon. "N-no. I always accept destiny. Ever since my parents died i knew that something is wrong with me. And now look, i was part of creating this sad future. All i can do is hope to be able to change it. There is nothing besides that. I don't want to see others suffer from interacting with me again. Never again." he said, his eyes gaining a shadowing look.

Tyler turned around, startled by the sadness in the other man's voice. It seemed that no matter how much he tried to tell him that their present wasn't really his fault, the man will not believe him. It pained him to see the shorter male like this, all the guilt showing obviously in his eyes. Without really thinking it through, Tyler took two quick steps with his long legs towards the other male and placed a strong hand on Kaito's shoulder while the other lifted the young man's chin, letting their eyes meet. "Will you stop blaming yourself about all this." He said his eyes sparkling with determination to make the other male finally realize that he wasn't to be blamed.

"No one could have foreseen what Red Star really wanted, not even you, no one! So please stop thinking that all of this is your fault because is not!" He said his hand still touching the other boy's face - his eyes lingered on Kaito's face for a bit longer than he intended, slowly focusing on the young man's kissable lips. He unconsciously licked his suddenly dry lips and stepped away from Kaito before he could do anything that he would later regret.

"I'll take you to Larry's place tomorrow, he knows more about robots than anyone here." He said clearing his throat, avoiding eye contact with the other male. He quietly placed his gun on the table, knowing pretty well that he'll have to ask for another one. "I'll leave you to rest then, goodnight." He quickly said and left the tent. A voice in his head yelling at him, screaming, what the hell was he doing?

"B-but......" he started, only to stop after feeling a pulsing heat cursing through his veins. Tylers face was so close! Only a little closer and.......//No! No! No! Stop thinking like that!// he chanted in his mind when Tyler pulled away. His face was probably as red as a tomato. It was weird, this feeling. The older man always tried to cheer him up, making himself clear that it wasn't the students fault and that Kaito should stop to always blame himself. Still, even if i was true and he wouldn't have known about Red Stars real intention. He was in a state of sadness after war and probably just tried to make everything right. He was to trusting, to forgiving......to naive. He shouldn't have followed them like a blind dog. Now his only chance was to make it better at least. Tyler didn't need to know that he still didn't changed his mind about this whole matter.

"O-okay....." Kaito said and watched Tyler leave his tent. He stared at the gun and down at the table after Tyler left. With a loud thud, he let his head fall on top of he table, nearly knocking the deadly weapon down. He should focus on his job here, not on these silly thoughts! With a large sigh and a large bump on his forehead, he started to inspect the gun. It would become a long night. He would need to start creating a blueprint that would function with the different mechanises of the gun and the bullets. And all nighter maybe. The student would see.

The next day, as promised, Tyler knocked on Kaito's tent before stepping in. He was going to take the young scientist to Larry so that they could work together. He had a hard time explaining the reason why but in the end Tyler did manage to get himself a new gun. No way he was going out there unarmed. Not because he was scared of the robots or anything, but he no longer felt himself without carrying a gun. He was to used of carrying the heavy piece of metal by his side that once without it he'd start missing it...as if a piece of him was missing as well. Furthermore, he needed to protect Kaito at all cost.

"Kaito, are you ready?" He asked as he made his way into the tent and couldn't help wonder if the other was okay after what they nearly did last night. He sure couldn't stop thinking about it...

(sorry that this is so short)

The next day came rather early. Kaito was to absorbed into modifing the gun that he did an all nighter and started to fall asleep around three o'clock. It wasn't anything new to him, he was used to it since he always falls into his maniac mode when something is really interesting him. His head rested on the desk, his eyes closed. The blueprints were messily laying on the desk and parts of a gun layed around him. His ideas had been working till now. He might be able to modify the gun. He still needed some infos though.

So when Tyler knocked on the tent door, he didn't notice. He only shifted on his chair. He knew that shouldn't overextend himself like that but it was just his way of doing things. When he is close to creating something new, he keeps at it and can't let go.

(That's alright dear ^^)

Hearing no answer from Kaito made Tyler worry but he sighed and relief when he saw the other male still sleeping. He moved closer to Kaito's sleeping form and noticed the many blueprints lying all over the desk, he probably spent the entire night working on those. The man was really something. Tyler thought with a kind smile, not a smile seen by many. He slowly reached up to pull some of Kaito's hair back from his face. What was it about the young man that fascinated him so much? It was a mystery to Tyler...

"Hey Kaito, hey wake up." Tyler said softly shaking the young scientist shoulders. He would love to leave him have some more sleep but the truth was that they didn't have much time. "Don't you want to go to Larry's?" He asked with a hint of amusement in his voice.

(I guess i should say sorry for the late reply? Sorry, was tied up and could only reply now.)

The cold wind that came into the tent due to Tylers entry made Kaito shiver a bit. Down here was so cold, without the sun. Well, not that he could see the sun from up there. The polluted air made it hard to see its beautiful rays. This future was so sad. He suddenly felt fingers brushing his hair away. The fingers were warm and seemed to hold a strength that he could never compare with. It was nice and relaxing. He would have like them to stay where they were but the student soon here whisper, a voice.

A voice telling him to wake up. It was oddly familiar. Wait, he knew that voice.......Tyler! With a start he woke up and nearly fell out of the chair he was sitting on. "U-uh, why are you here so early Tyler?!" he asked, his mind not really processing that it was already late. It was so embarrising to be seen sleeping like that. Avoiding his eyes, he was met with his messy table top. "My god, i fell asleep." he said more to himself then anyone and neatly lined the blueprints. Kaito was going to take them to Larrys place. After a few minutes, he was done. Ignoring the fact that he just woke up, didn't eat breakfast or even washed himself. Fascination and addiction to create something as fast as possible were a dangerous thing.

Tyler chuckled in a low voice, fascinated by Kaito's cuteness. He looked very adorable with his hair sticking out in all places wildly. Wait! What was he thinking? Did he just think Kaito was cute and adorable? Something really must be wrong with him. He cleared his throat and decided to focus on the task at hand instead. "You shouldn't work like that, it's unhealthy. Don't worry you can have breakfast at Larry's." He said and turned around expecting Kaito to follow him.

As they made their way out of the hideout and towards Larry's place Tyler kept his eyes open for any sign of danger. But surprisingly there was none. They reached Larry's not very fancy lab and walked right in. "Yo! Old man." Tyler greeted Larry, as said man finished making coffee. Larry pushed his glass up his nose ready to yell something degrading back at Tyler but at the sight of Kaito it was soon gone out of his mind. "Professor! You are here, why?" He rushing to Kaito's side.

It was faint, very faint, but Kaito could hear Tyler chuckle. Of course he pouted, making him look even cuter. Sometimes he cursed his feminine looks and height. It brought nothing but trouble. "Its just......that i like creating something new. I just get hooked on it." he said to his defence, following Tyler none the less. Truth be told, he wasn't really that hungry. The student didn't eat much anyway. Maybe that was why he was still so small for his age. Well, either way, he followed Tyler out of the underground village and into the dark world above. Yet again, Kaito let his sight sweep over the remains of human live up there. He couldn't lose the forbodding feeling that something might happen. It was so dark, so saddening, so dangerous.

After several minutes, they reached Larrys lab. Kaito didn't expect it to be fancy, due to the robots. It would only attract attention if it was fancy. Kaito walked into the lab, behind Tyler. "Ah, hello Larry-san. I got a few questions and kind of.....need help. Can you help me please?" he said, greeting the other and stepping up from behind Tyler. Kaito was glad that Larry was here. At least he wasn't alone with thinking about a plan and working on a weapon. He felt safe here. As weird as it sounded. He would rather stay here than to return to his time. He got Larry and Tyler. They made him feel welcomed and well. Kaitos hidden feelings started to surface. He was sure that he wasn't just feeling gratefulness for Tyler. It was something different, something that shouldn't surface. Kaito would make sure that he wouldn't bother the other with this selfish feelings.

Larry smile spread from ear to ear, eager to be of any help to his role-model and hero. "Of course! It'll be my pleasure." It was his dream to one day be able to join hands with the professor he admired so much and work together. Unfortunately, the evils of the Red Star ended the man's life; destroying Larry's dreams. But life was a box full of surprises and now he was being asked, by the man he looked up to since his adolescence, to help him. Words weren't enough to describe the happiness he was feeling.

"Kaito hasn't eaten anything since last night, so feed him something before you two start working." Tyler said with a commanding tone to Larry. "I'll come back to pick you up by sunset." He said to Kaito with a more softer voice and turned around to leave the two scientists alone. Larry frowned as he watched Tyler leave, of course he was going to give Kaito something to eat! Seriously that Tyler needs to learn to respect his elders! Not everyone was a soldier. The man thought with a sigh before turning to face Kaito with a bright smile. "I'll make you some breakfast while you explain to what exactly you want to know." He said as he started to make some scrambled eggs with bacon for the two of them.

---

Tyler was getting close to the underground hide-out when he was called by Jim, he picked up his phone and the frown on his deepened. "Ty! We need you in Area Five! A group of twelve humans was spotted and we are trying to fight off the robots to get them to safety, hurry up man!" Tyler could hear the sound of gunshots in the background. "I'm on my way!" He said quickly pulling his motorcycle from its hiding place and drove as fast as he could towards Are Five.

Kaito was happy that Larry seemed to like his proposal. The student didn't find many people willing to work with him. They all avoided him because he was a genuis for his age. They thought that he only wanted to make himself appear as the best and so on. Of course it wasn't like this and Kaito started to feel rather lonely. Maybe he should have hidden his intelligence and act like a normal boy like his age would. Well, whats done is done. So he was happy that Larry willingly wanted to work with him.

Tyler soon departed from them and Kaito only said "Okay. Take care Tyler." giving the other a pleading look. Kaito knew that Tyler was strong but war was still going on. He could be hurt or worse killed. The student shook his head, not wanting to think about something so saddening. After Tyler parted with them, Larry started to make food for both of them. "Uhm okay, thank you Larry-san. You see, i decided to help Tyler and his group with making weapons for them. I just need a bit of info on the robots. So basically what material they are made off and the like. I already got a few plans for a gun. I would like to hear your opinion on it." he said, distributing the blue prints on a table. Many designs were drawn on them. Hopefully everything would go smoothly, for him and for Tyler. He still got a sickening feeling in his stomach. As if something bad will happen soon.

"Hmm." The older man said as he placed the food on two clean plates for him and Kaito to eat. He turned around and placed the plates on the table where Kaito was, yet far enough from the blueprints. No need to risk dirtying them. His eyes widened slightly from behind his glasses and they began to sparkle with so much admiration towards the younger man, it was hard to describe. "These designs are amazing! I've never seen a model like this...I doubt that Red Star have guns like these." He commented as he carefully studied each blueprint with full concentration. It was strange that these weapons hadn't been designed for Red Star before...Could it be that they were changing the past slightly? Well, it was bound to change since now Kaito knows what his future self had done.

"Well there are three types of robots in the Red Star army." The man began to explain before taking a bite of his bacon. "There are the 'foot soldiers', the ones that fly and then their are small robots the size of a tennis ball. These last don't fight but they serve as the 'all seeing eye' of Red Star. They lurk everywhere, searching for humans or keeping everything in check." He paused to take another bite of his food. "Nonetheless, all of them are made of the same material. Titanium. I'm pretty sure Ty must have told you how hard it is for their weapons to defeat these robots during battle." He could tell by the blueprints that Kaito already knew that the weapons the Rebellion had right now weren't enough to stand against Red Star.

"So basically, if we want to defeat them faster and more efficiently we most create something which is stronger than titanium first." He concluded.

"Well, i thought a bit about it. I am not comfortable with handling guns so i don't really know how they really work. I tried though. Those are just designs, to make the hit of a bullet stronger and reduce the damage done to the one that fired. Like an airbag i guess? I don't know. That just came to my mind. Easy handling and great damage. I hope though, that none of these will fall into the hands of someone evil......." he said, not so sure about creating weapons. They were just killing mechanism. Kaito took one of the plates and began eating. "Its good. Thank you, Larry-san." he said, smiling lightly. It was something different, if someone cooked for you. After his grandparents died, he needed to learn to cook. So eating food from someone else was something he hadn't had in years. He stared at the blueprints again.

The student decided to let Larry talk about the robots. So he leaned back into the chair and continued eating. After the explanation, he thought about it a bit. "Well, vanadium is stronger as well as platinum and diamond. The last one is won't be an option i guess. I best say we go for platinum bullets." he said, taking another bite. It was hard to get these materials however, Kaito didn't even know if they still existed around here. He hoped that Larry would be able to help.

(Gah! you are so going to hate me now :0 you should bump me whenever I take too long to reply (I totally forgot it was my turn :0))

Larry smiled from one ear to the other pleased that his cooking was fitting to Kaito's taste. He was a single old man who had to learn how to cook for himself. No time for dating for him; he tried to blame it on the situation with Red Star but he knew it's just because he always put work first. "I see you thought it through." He complimented. It was truly perfect. A weapon strong enough to face the robots yet easy to carry and harmless to the one shooting it. "Don't worry, we'll make sure to destroy them and these blueprints once Red Star is down." He assured the young man agreeing that dangerous weapon shouldn't be left in the hands of just anyone.

He stood up from where he was sitting and walked towards a door that lead to a closet where he stored things he didn't need and those that he'd probably will need in the future. "I guess luck is really on our side; come have a look." He said cheerfully as he let the door wide open for Kaito to see all the raw platinum material he had. "I think it's enough material to create as many bullets as needed." He said pushing his glasses up his nose.

(No worries, no worries. :D I will do so next time, after a few days or something.^^ And yeah, if you want too, we can time skip the making of these bullets or something. Just for your information.^^)

"Yes, that would be good. I don't want.......to do a mistake again." he said, looking at the dangerous weaponary. At least then would he be sure to not believe someone blidnly like that. Now that he remembers, the third world war will break out when he returns to his time. It wasn't nice to think about this but he needed to. After all, he eventually would live through it. If he didn't die in this time. But what would happen if he died here? He would cease to exist right? Or would he have lived in the first place? An interesting question.

Larry soon showed him his supply of raw platinum. "I am amazed you get that many. With this we can create many bullets, hopefully enough to finish this. I wouldn't like to run out of them." Kaito said as he picked up some of the raw material. Now they needed to form a bullet out of it. "Larry-san? Do you have an idea how we should create these bullets? We would need a form and an oven that is hot enough to melt the material i guess." he asked the older professor. He couldn't help but let his thoughts drift over to Tyler. The young man wondered how he was doing.

(No worries I was planning on skipping that part anyways, I have no idea how to make bullets o.o)

"You'd be surprised at the things that no longer have value after Red Star took over. They only use titanium for all the robots and such so these materials have lost the value they once had." The older man explained as he helped Kaito take the raw material onto his working table. He sighed and fixed his glasses before answering Kaito's question. "Don't worry I have all that we need to create them, I created my time machine with really strong metal. I had to melt and reform it." He said pointed at a gray machine. "That machine you see there hasn't been build in your time yet, but a very fine scientist, may he rest in peace, created it. We can use your blueprints scanned into the machine and it'll copy its form in 3D then we can use the oven to heat the material and create the bullets and guns." The man said with a triumphant smile and they both got busy working.

At last, his most longed dream has become a reality, there he was working side by side with the man who'd thought him everything he knows today.

---skip---

Larry cleaned the sweat from his forehead with back of his hand and sighed deeply. "Wow, the sun has set already." The man commented looking at the sun light that was barely visible. They've been working non-stop till now. "Okay we made most of the hard work. It's all now to let them cool. They'll be ready to use tomorrow. All we have to do now is wait." Larry said with a smile at the younger man and just then Jim knocked on the door. He looked exhausted and the were some bandages here and there on his dark skin. "Yo Kaito, I've come to bring you back to the hideout." The tall man said letting his gun fall down his back.

"What I thought Ty was the one coming to pick him up." The older scientist said making the dark skinned man frown lightly. "We had some troubles rescuing a group of civilians running away from Red Star. We got many injured, among of them Ty, but we were able to protect the humans." Larry gasped at the news. "Tyler was injured?!" The older man asked worried, no matter how much and the hot-headed soldier bickered he cared for Tyler as if he were the son he never had.

Jim ran a hand through his short curly hair. "Well yeah, he wanted to come to take Kaito but Sebastian wouldn't let him, not while he was still injured. Anyways Kaito, we should go now." The dark skinned man said.

(Me neither. Thats why i said that. It was already hard enough for me to find a material that is stronger than titanium. XD)

"Wow. That man must have been a real genius. To even be a role model to you." the student said, putting the platinum on the work bench. Yet again, he was as dense as the day was bright. He could never imagine himself to be a role model, especially not to Larry, and older man. It was......weird. As instructed, Kaito put the blue prints into the machine and soon some 3D models appeared. They were looking as fine as a real gun. The engravings, each screw everything. This machine was awesome! The student stared at the machine with interest and admiration for the creator. Something amazing like this, the future was really a more advanced place then he would have thought.

Soon, both of the scientists started working none stop. Their desire to create something new, something useful was overwhelming. So much, that they forgot the time and soon, the sun had set.

With a great sigh and sweating hands, he sat back when Larry mentioned the end of todays work. It had been exhausting, exhausting but funny. Larry and himself probably grew together a bit. It was nice to know someone with the same interests as yourself. Soon however, Jim walked through the door. The tanned man was hurt, if you look at the bandages here and there. "Jim! You okay, what happened?" Kaito asked concerned, nearly running over to the other male. Something bad must happened. Though he wasn't really dissapointed that Tyler didn't come to pick him up......nope he wasn't, never.......probably. He hated this feelings, they should just vanish. There was a hurt man before him after all. He shouldn't think about so petty things.

He listened to the story, how Tyler and the others saved humans from Red Star. The student wanted to freak out, run back and take care of them. He wanted to beat the robots himself, just wanting to teach them a lesson. But no, he wasn't that hot-headed. He swallowed his anxiousness down and tried to keep calm. He walked closer to Jim and put a hand on said mans shoulder. "Let's go." was all he said and walked out of the door. "Bye Larry, i will come and pick the bullets up tomorrow." he shouted over his shoulder and waited for Jim to follow. Though he wouldn't do anything rash, he was really worried and wanted to prove for himself that everyone was okay, or at least breathing.

Larry nodded as he watched the two men leave. He couldn't help feel really worried about Tyler. He knew how reckless that young man could be. And since they were trying to rescue a group of refugees, Larry was sure that Tyler gave his all to bring them to safety. With a tired sigh the man walked towards his small bathroom to take a quick shower. It was time to call it a day.

---

Laura snorted as she watched Jim entered their secret quarters with that Kaito following close behind. She was visibly uninjured because she hadn't been part of the rescue operation. The woman folded her arms under her rounded chest and narrowed her eyes angrily at Kaito. It seems like the man wasn't planning on leaving any time soon and it pissed her off. "Well if it isn't his royal highness." The woman said to Kaito mockingly and walked away. She just couldn't stand been in the same room with the scientist.

Jim shook his head not really understanding what was Laura's problem. Couldn't she understand that the Kaito of their time and this one weren't the same person? "Don't worry, she'll come to accept you soon enough." The tall man said and pointed at a tent to their right. "That's where Ty is if you want to check on him. I'll go see if dinner is ready." And with that he walked away to the opposite direction.

---

"Sebastian, would you please stop nursing me as if I were seriously injured?" Tyler complained as the bespectacled man handed him a glass of water with some painkillers. Tyler was naked from his waist up, but his muscular chest was half covered with a blood stained bandaged that covered part of his chest and went all the way down his upper right arm. In the crossfire he was shot twice, on the shoulder and upper part of his arm. "This is not the first time I've been shot." He further said but took the painkillers anyways; his entire right arm was hurting like hell. Though, he wasn't going to admit.

"Have you forgotten that you shoot with your right arm Ty?" Sebastian replied with a reprimanding tone, Tyler was always this reckless and hot-headed when facing Red Star, never caring whether he might end up seriously injured or even killed. Didn't he had something he wanted to stay alive for? Sebastian thought to himself as he watched Tyler drink down the two pills with a frown.

• 2 weeks later...

(( Sorry, been ill the last few days....again. <. and sorry for the short post i didn really know what else to write>

Kaito winced when Laura regarded him coldly and left the tent. She just couldn't believe him he guessed. Not that it wasn't understandable. She just couldn't believe either version of him. Who knows after all, mistakes were human and he might do new ones that would destroy someones life. Now was not the time to blame himself yet again though, he needed to see Tyler. Jim soon departed from him and Kaito said his goodbye.

Continueing to the right tent, he carefully opened the tent door. Sebastian was also there and Tyler seemed to be seriously injured. Well, as much as Kaito could tell. The student hadn't been seriously injured after all. Kaito carefully took a few steps inside the tent, letting the door slid close. "Are you okay Tyler? What happened?" he said, seriously concerned but was afraid to walk closer to them. It was just.....a reflex. As an outsider, he didn't knew what he could do and neither would he want the others to hate him.

• 3 weeks later...

Both male looked at the entrance of the tent as Kaito stepped in. Tyler stood up from where he was sitting, wincing slightly from the pain the movement caused, but stored the pain away. "Hey, how did it go with the old man?" He asked placing an uninjured hand on top of Kaito's shoulder. He was worried about him. Not that he didn't trust Jim's capacity of protecting Kaito, but he just couldn't stop worrying about the other male until he knew he was save and sound back at their camp.

Noticing he was touching Kaito longer than what would seem normal, he reluctantly let go of the younger man's shoulder. "We had some difficulties rescuing a group of civilians." He said taking a step back. "Fortunately, we managed to bring all of them here, to safety." He said with a smile. He was really proud of his soldiers. "And don't worry about me, this is nothing." He added with a wink.

"Don't worry about you? Tyler, that wound is going to hinder your aiming skills! Stop taking this problem so lightly." Sebastian protested. Tyler sighed and sat back down, too tired to stand for too long on his own two feet. "Will you be too kind to bring us dinner here? I would like to talk to Kaito about the plan against Red Star." He said not meeting Sebastian's eyes, but the man nodded and headed to the door before stopping besides Kaito. "Don't believe a word he says, he is really hurting badly." He whispered to Kaito before stepping out. Why he felt the need to tell that to Kaito? He didn't know, he just did.

"So, how did it go with you? Any progress?" He asked looking up at Kaito who was still standing in the doorway. "You can come closer you know? I wont bite." He joked.

(I'm sorry for my super late reply but I had some personal issues that were keeping me away)

• 2 weeks later...

(No worries. This time i am late too. I was sick and got things to do. :()

Kaito watched as Tyler stood up, he really seemed hurt. It was heartbreaking to see someone try so hard for something, even forgetting the own health. In a sense, they were alike. But Tyler was more battleborn as Kaito and would die sooner if he took things to far. "It went well, we came to a solution to the problem. We made special bullets." he said, watching Sebastian leaving the tent. He heared what the older man said and stared at Tyler again. More precisely at his wounds. He continued staring, whispering halfway "Why?.....why are you risking so much for everyone. Why don't you rely on me or everyone else?". Sure he wasn't strong or had a big build like the others. But he felt responsible for everything too and even created something to defeat them without getting hurt to much. Tylers reasons were really noble, but he was too risky. He wouldn't live longer if this continued.

After Sebastian left, Kaito relucantly got closer and sat down on a small stool. "You know, you need to rest for the wounds to heal. If you want i can change the bandages and do first aid." he suggested, looking at Tyler with a sad expression. "Me and Larry invented a special platinum bullet, its stronger then Titanium what the robots are made of. I modified the gun as well. To make the firerate stronger and reduce that damage done when fired." he reported.