Kenji and Kyo's After School Time (PRIVATE)

trolololololo

Kenji looked up at him once he spoke, and raised an eyebrow. "Oh, so you're one of those type of people." Kenji thought out loud. "I don't care about money, and you shouldn't either. If I'm going to take you out to dinner, I intend on doing it properly. But if you insist on not spending this much money then you'll just have to share with me." He sighed, setting the menu down.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trolololololo

• EarlGray

'One of those type of people'. Kyo looked down at the table a little. He felt like he was being annoying, and he didn't want that. "I'll order on my own." He said and looked back over the menu again.

Kenji set the menu down, looking at Kyo now. Watching him closely. "Hm." He murmured to himself. "Do you drink?" He wondered, trying to figure him out.

Kyo's head shot up and he looked at Kenji. He blinked for a second then replied with "I'm underage..." Which obviously translated into a 'no'. The thought of drinking or doing drugs never crossed into his mind. He was always focused on his schoolwork. He was too busy to ever do either, now come to think of it.

"So am I," He mumbled, but looked at the drink menu anyways. "What do you want? Root beer?" He chuckled a bit at his own small joke.

His eyes fell back down to the menu. "No." Was all he said as he skimmed over their variety drinks. Kyo finally shut the menu and placed his hands in his lap. He went back to looking around the room's decorations.

The waiter came back then, just in time. The waiter then began to ask them for their order, which Kenji simply responded with a simple. "The usual." The waiter nodded, knowing Kenji as a regular customer. "Except, I'll just have water instead." The waiter nodded and looked at Kyo.

"Al--" The waiter started, until Kenji cut him off. "No. He'll have the same as me," He interjected. The waiter stood there for a while, studying Kenji until he finally decided to take his word for it and nodded. "Very well," The waiter nodded and left.

"Why did you say that?" Kyo said in a quieter voice. He wasn't mad, but he was a little annoyed. "You didn't have to order for me." Maybe it wouldn't go as well as he hoped it would...

Kenji looked at him then, letting a breath out. He saw the look on his face, and he could tell that he did something wrong. But he shrugged it off. "I'd rather you eat actual food."

"A salad is actual food." Kyo protested. After it was said, he figured he should have just left it at that. What if he pushed Kenji too far? What would happened then? How far did he have to be pushed, anyways? Kyo didn't know, nor did he want to know. He could find that out some other time. All he knew for sure was that it probably wasn't a good idea to find out the answer to any of those questions right now.

Kenji's eyebrow twitched a bit, but he stayed calm. He looked away then, not bothering to continue on the conversation. And now, he just didn't know what else to talk about. He had never actually tried to talk to anyone before that he wanted to get to know. Though.. He never had anyone he wanted to get to know.

So, he stayed silent.

Upon seeing his reaction, Kyo backed down. He sank down in his seat a little and looked at the clean, white table cloth. It had only been a few minutes, and Kyo had already memorized the walls. He couldn't think of anything to say, either.

After a minute had passed, Kyo finally got tired of the silence. He pushed himself up in his seat and looked at Kenji. "You said 'the usual'." He observed. "Do you come here often?"

Kenji brought his elbow on the table, putting his fist under his chin for support. The silence wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad. Though, he was kind of glad when Kyo started to talk.

He looked at him then.

"Yeah, its my favorite place to eat," He said, trying to give as little information as he could.

"Ah." He smiled a little bit. Then he began wondering about his parents. What did they do to allow him to be able to come here often? Knowing it would be rude to blurt out what he was thinking, he agreed instead. "It is nice here."

Kyo looked at Kenji. "Well...I have fast food on occasion..But I usually cook my own meals. We don't usually go to dine-in restaurants." As he said it, he forced a small laugh. He couldn't help but think about how stupid it probably sounded.

Kenji's expression turned into curiosity. "You cook, huh?" He thought for a moment, trying to remember his last cooked meal. "...I'd like for you to cook me something sometime," He said his thoughts out loud.

Kyo looked at him, a little surprised. "Alright." He smiled and nodded his head. "If you ever come over I can make you something...But...What would I make?" He looked at the table to think.

Kyo laid his head on the table. His mind was racing through all the different recipes he could make, but it stopped when he heard Kenji. It was a nice thought, and he would love to do it, but one problem came into his mind. "...What about the food, though?"

Kenji nodded to himself, deciding that Kyo obviously would rather go to his own home where he could be at comfort. He stood then, and dropped a simple 100 dollar bill on the table. "Come on then," he held out his hand to Kyo.