葛藤- 兄弟喧嘩( Saga+鼠ドル, private) [Warning:Twincest]

鼠ドル

[OOC: I need this to continue, somehow, need to write. Will you play with me, Saga?]

"In an hour we continue our journey. In two hours we will reach the borders of the damned dogs land."

Shouya stood up and viewed his small, but strong army of proud Harada men

"We will go to war, and any dog in our way should be slayed like dogs!" his voice rose in volume, but his pitch low and smoldering with poorly hidden anger. "We are of the Harada clan, and we will fight - for the country, for the sake of our people, and our ancestors strength will be with us!"

The men howled in agreement, adrenaline starting to flood their systems in anticipation for the fight. There was always some fear - but it pushed them further. The glow of the fire illuminated their faces in a way that would make most enemies run for the hills. They were ready to fight, no matter the outcome they would not think of betraying their clan and running away.

"We WILL avenge my father, and we WILL end the war before it even began!" Shouya roared, raising his katana in the air "The Gods of War is with us, get ready for battle! Eat, drink and rest while you can, tomorrow we will stain the ground red!"

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 鼠ドル

• Saga

The morning seemed to come faster than Sano wanted it to. There was something true about fateful events making you lose sense of time, rather, they made time fly quicker. The green eyed male was already drinking his morning tea, it was as if he wasn't ready for a battle, but at same time if one looked closer - his silence was more fearsome than any other word he could offer.

A knock on his door, one of the clan leader's servants disturbed the morning mist in Sanosuke's heart.

- Sanosuke-san, it's almost time. The troupe is about to move.

- I'll be there in a minute. Dismiss.

With a clank he settled his half-empty tea cup, the glitters reflecting in the liquid from the morning rays made the tea color magical. It placed a small smile on the male's lips. How lovely this monstrous morning was.

// Knowing Shou, he'd probably attack by surprise.

With a glance out the window, he placed his chin in his palm. Somehow there was a pride within heart. A pride of his clan, but mostly of his brother. He was proud with him even if he always watched him from afar, be it as a brother or as a man.

// Satte...

He made a short pause as rose up, the blue kimono of silky layers followed his tall and firm body,

// It's time to protect the Emperor, Shou. I leave it to you... You must understand that one who cares is indeed weak and may die. But a heart that doesn't fight, never truly lives, Shou-chan.

With his parting thoughts he left the room. The current and probably last mission he had as one of Harada's clan, as the looked up to leader and as a brother was to protect what has been always important - Family.

Shouya watched the sun slowly rise over the hills from his place in the saddle, the golden red rays chasing away the dark. Like the Harada will chase away and vanquish the vermin that is the Inu clan, he thought silently to myself. It would certainly be a fierce battle, and there would be loss, but he could not believe that such a lowly clan could ever the defeat the emperor's guard and no matter what curse may lay on the Harada clan the God of War must be with them. The men were strong and had much skill, and the armor of the Inu would never be able to hold.

His troupes were soon to be in their place, the playing board was set.

Many would call Shouya weak, or a fool, but following Jin does not exclude the teachings of warfare. The Harada warriors would attack from three sides; about half the man would charge straight towards the Inu over the fields as they would expect him to do if they thought him a reckless fool, with Shouya himself at the vulnerable front. Another group would come some moments later from the woods to the east, and the third group will join from over the river on the other side - something that most warlords would never think of - with some of his most skilled men going by foot. I may be hot-tempered at heart, and I may be weakened by my brother, but my mind is sharp as the edge of my sword and my will is resolute. No matter what enemy, no matter to what loss, the men will fight with the utmost skill and bravery. If Sanosuke foresees my plans and I have to slay him with my own sword, or he slay me, so be it, Shouya thought.

As the early sunrays reached the valley below, Shouya raised the horn to his mouth and gave the signal. It was time to fight. He might be called either brave or insane by placing himself at the tip of the spear, but that only depends on whether he lives or dies, or rather if the Harada clan conquers or fails.

The tramps of the horses could be heard from afar, the blue dressed army was heading for the battlefield. Each on of them seemed thirsty for blood, but Sano's expression was somewhat out of emotions. It was able to make one wonder, which side the man would pick in the end?

The Inu clan's leader was right on Sanosuke's left. Probably it was a tactic, there were rumors how skilled and monstrous the male could use the blade with his left grip, so the leader was indeed wary. That of course didn't escape Sano's eye.

- I was thinking...you two are twins after all, they say twins share some unique bound like sharing feelings and thoughts.

The dark haired male averted his pupils to the other but kept his silence on lips. The leader continued with his hiding ill-intentions voice,

- I thought last night, if you were to know how your brother fights and what tactics he will use, then you may turn into a trouble for the troupes on our side.

Green gaze returned to the horizon. It was true, he partly knew what Shou could come up with. Taking the enemy by surprise actually wasn't a surprise. Any worth the praise general would come up with unique war strategies that include 'surprise'. Actually, that was the war about. The male kept quiet, letting the other talk.

- So you will wear my mantle and become Inu leader for the time being. From the distance, no one would notice it's you. Enough for to buy me time, how about it?

That was a tough one. Even if he backed off now, it wouldn't matter. In fact, it might worsen it. There was not even a single person who could back Sanu up. Even if he wanted to give Shou some sign, he had to act as a one-man-army. And in the sea of the foe, facing his own blood and clan that saw him as a traitor - how couldn't he even come up with a tactic for the minutes left until the big battle.

- Where are you heading to? - Sanosuke locked his brows in a frown, eyes still locked to the horizon before.

- Isn't it obvious? - Inu leader laughed with amusement, then removed his mantle and handed it to Sano, - Going to help me or you're gonna die before even the war has begun?

Dying here would be troublesome. He knew so much.

With a reach for the mantle, he accepted the clothe. So said the leader took a few of his men and headed to north. Where the ever known castle was located.

The green eyed male slid his eyes close, the mantle of the leader spreading open from the wind. It was as if the wind was the only willing to help Sano strip off this awful fate placed upon him. The male had to give a hint to Shou, but what he could do? Suddenly an idea hit him.

The rhythmical thundering of the horses and the Harada mens' warcries filled the air as they charged towards the awaiting army, the sound almost drowning out the sound of his own thoughts and his heart-beat. It was almost unheard of for the head of a clan to not stay behind his army, being the source of will and courage of his men, but instead taking the lead and leaving himself vulnerable. But it wasn't a simply a rash, hot-headed decision as the enemies might think, it was a calculated risk. A clan leader seeing the enemy rush towards them will lead them into a false sense of security - if the enemy is foolish enough to rush head-first into battle then surely there can't be more lurking behind the scenes? And Shouya was certain of his skill to break through the enemy's line and he was sure that his army would be able to make the Inu army step back in fear - the Inu clan relied more heavily on their armor than on their skill and Harada's men would with precise moves slay their enemies and pierce through the armor.

He watched the eye of his closest opponent as his brave white horse stormed towards the man wavering in front of him. It was with cold eyes and a grim smile as he expertly unsheated his katana and in a fluid movement cut off the first man's head before continuing piercing through the first line of the enemy's army. It baffled him that he had yet to see his lost twin, or the Inu leader, as of yet. But he could not linger on those thoughts as his horse trampled down the men in front of him, and he let go of the reigns in his left hand to blow the second signal.

It was the tactic that could ruin the whole country, if Sanosuke played that bad - it'd be the end of this era. So much the male knew. And the army tried their best to keep the male in distance, enough to be thought as the Inu leader. While their true leader made his way to the Emperor palace.

The brown haired male knew very well, once Shou notice the leader's mantle spreading, his attention would be most certainly drawn to him.

Sano had a plan, but if the troupes that were supposed to jump them for the surprising attack were to have a bad timing, he might not make it to Shou. And he knew his brother very well; green eyes only looked around the big hills and over the valleys. He was sure a surprising attack would come.

//No good. I have no time..the Emperor is in a danger.

He wasn't panicked but the discomfort and the tension could be seen and read all over from his body language. He was surrounded by the archers, which gave him the chance to carry out his idea. Questions was...how much Shou trusted him now.

Without a delay, he grabbed one of the archer's equipment and drew out an arrow.

- What are you doing!?

- Only I know my brother's weakest place, so shut up and let me win you the war. - bluffing but yet not, he was good at Kyuudou. But his leading hand was left, and he knew Shou would recognize the strike. Wounding his own flesh in the shoulder, acting out as if 'he missed', he hoped Shouya would understand the Inu leader wasn't there. And his brother was signaling for the danger. The Emperor was in a danger.

Shouya willed his stallion forward, his focus now entirely on the battle. He could see a few of his comrade fall in the corner of his eye, but it only made him fight harder. The Inu leader is a coward and a fool, he thought to himself as he saw the enemies just trying to hold their ground without much guidance from the elder. It was strange how the other just seemed to want to hold him back rather than fight, how much like sheep in a brick house they were.

Suddenly, he saw a single arrow come towards him, and he noticed it just a split of a second too late. Why? he thought as he felt the sting of pain in his shoulder Why a single arrow shot to simply harm me? A strange feeling descended on him and his eyes searched the crowd ahead of him fervently. Where is that dog?

The blue leader cape fluttered in the wind, drawing his attention. But it wasn't the face of the old man he found, but the stunning green eyes that he would never be able to forget nor miss. "Sanosuke..." he muttered under his breath before yelling out to his men the orders and forced his horse to steer to the right, not missing his chance to cut down as many of his enemies that he could as he turned some of his troupes to go along and around the now confused enemy army.

His brother's green eyes stayed as cold as ice despite the forest green color. Once he saw the blood drawn, it pained him. It felt like the arrow pierces that stuff in his chest, his own chest. But the face had to be managed off emotions.

//Shouya...

Another arrow was drawn out the pack, he settled it between his slender fingers and stretched the strong thread.

//I won't stop until you remember...remember your mission and your King, not your pride and your brother.

The arrow was released and this time it hit Shouya's horse. Obviously, the male was missing on purpose but only Shou knew his brother's skills.

- What are you doing? Let me do it if you can't even dart his vital spot.

The glare showered the archer, no word escaped Sano.

He had to make Shou see the reason behind it. If the hidden troupes were to attack now, their own 'back up' would be on the battle field, not to where the Emperor needed them.

"Come on, boy, just do what I say a little bit more" he whispered to the horse as it shivered beneath him from the pain of the arrow and the terrors of war. In his mind he swore for being so ignorant, of course the dog has run away and let Sano do his dirty work. Shouya urged his horse forward and away from the battle field, yelling orders for the two already fighting troupes to keep on fighting the Inu warriors and for his most trusted man Akio to lead them in his stead.

With a sense of urgency he blowed his horn to tell the third group of men to join him. It wasn't a retreat, and he did not want to leave so many of his warriors to fight alone, but he needed to keep the enemy forces occupied while he thought out a way to get to his twin and to save Japan and it's emperor, and he needed the third force to do his duty.

What do you want me to do, brother? he thought to himself with a frown.

//No use. He is swallowed up in this battle.

The male lowered the arch and green eyes averted to side. If he attempted to run now, they wouldn't risk to go after him, but they would certainly kill his little brother. He was sure.

When Shouya galloped away, he knew right away he was to get the troupes join.

//Dammit, Shou!

With a growl in his mind, the male lifted once again the arch. The people around him grinned, it was the best to shoot from this position, when the enemy was with lowered field of vision.

- He's gonna get him! - they cheered.

//If you lost your way, I will clear you the path.

He stretched lips slightly and as quick as ever rumored he was to be, the hand released the arrow right into the head of the general of the Inu army.

But no, not enough. While everyone took five seconds for their shock to be assimilated, Sano drew his sword with his right hand. It was handy to be able to fight with two hands. One head down. He counted and span the sword, the second came down.

But the male couldn't foresee the blade coming from behind. It wounded him straight into his old injury. Burning spread over his body.

With the drop of his arch, he switched hands and span the sword - another archer's head down. The shower of arrows were finally blocked. Harada's elder child fought in between twenty men. He was sure,at least now, Harada clan would stand tall.

He somehow knew that his brother would think he called in the third group as reinforcement, but it was not in this battle that Shouya needed them, and he wasn't so foolish as to ignore Sanosuke's warning shots. He needed them to sprint to the emperor before the dog could reach him. Tsk, you had to hurt me to warn me, brother? But now was not the time to ponder too much on his other half's actions, he needed to push his brother out of his mind to think clearly. Shouya willed his horse over the river, which thankfully was rather shallow and the current wasn't too strong. As he reached the other side he threw off some of his armor as he knew it'd slow them down and he willed his men waiting there to do the same. Before he was about to gallop away from the battle he looked back at the fighting. His men were breaking through the Inu's forces as he had expected, but something else wasn't as it should have been.

Shouya saw a stirring behind enemy lines, he saw the blue leader cape swirl around his brother's form as he started fighting his way through the Inu warriors. What are you doing? You're going to get yourself killed, Sano, and I don't think I'll be able to save you. The life of the emperor is in my hands, I must hurry.