Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Teruya Inventory
    Yukina Kou

Hypnosis Mic anyone??

I'm slowly slipping into hypnosis mic hell :'))
    Even though I don't really listen to rap songs, their songs somehow hypnotised me xD
    oooohhhh my favourite divisions are Buster Bros and Matenrou hehe

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    confidant_v Inventory
    Gareki Tsurumaru Kuninaga Narl Angelo Lagusa

Re: Hypnosis Mic anyone??

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] So I've been trying to get into Hypnosis Mic for SO LONG NOW, but I honestly don't even know where to start!! I actually really love rap music so I know I'll love it, but I'm a little confused about where to listen to the songs and learn about the divisions and all that stuff. I really love the character designs, which is what drew me in. Maybe you can kind of show me the way when it comes to this!

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Teruya Inventory
    Yukina Kou

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] I'll try my best to explain hypmic to you so I hope this could be helpful to pull you into this hell xD

First of all, Hypnosis Mic, also know as HypMic, is a seiyuu music project in which 4 teams with 3 members each battle each other with rap music to expand their territories. For more information about its story, you can go to this [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

I'll introduce you to the characters by their divisions.
    But first, there is a background story of this. There was a rap group called The Dirty Dawg which consisted of 4 members. The group had fallen apart for unknown reasons and 4 of them blamed each other for its downfall. Thus, the 4 of them split up and formed their own groups and in turn became the leader of their respective groups.

In the Ikebukuro Division, the group is called Buster Bros!!!. The leader of the group is Yamada Ichiro (MC name: MC.B.B), who is also the eldest brother of the other 2 members, Yamada Jirou (MC name: MC.M.B) and Yamada Saburo (MC name: MC.L.B).
    Ichiro is a former delinquent and works as the manager of the Yamada General Store and also, he's an otaku. He also loves his younger brothers and think that they're very cute.
    Jirou is a 2nd year high school and he idolizes Ichiro, even became a delinquent to follow his elder brother's footsteps.
    Saburo is a 3rd year middle school student. He's a genius in terms of just about everything. He looks up to Ichiro a lot and even thought about becoming a delinquent like him but dropped the idea to do so. He also doesn't have many friends due to his twisted personality. He doesn't get along well with Jiro and they always fight.
    One more thing, Jiro and Saburo will literally fight anyone who talks bad about their beloved oldest brother xDD
    Note: B.B means Big Brother, M.B means Middle Brother, L.B means Little Brother xDD they're so cuteeeee

In the Yokohama Division, the group is called MAD TRIGGER CREW. The leader of the group is Aohitsugi Samatoki (MC name: Mr.Hc), while the members are Iruma Juuto (MC name: 45 Rabbit) and Busujima Mason Rio (MC name: Crazy M).
    Samatoki loves his sister a lot and even became a yakuza for her sake. He's also a survivor of his father's domestic violence.
    Juuto is a policeman who became part of the yakuza world, thus giving him the nickname "dirty cop". He is also a natural at taking care of others.
    Rio is mixed (half-American on his father's side and half-Japanese on his mother's side). He's an ex-navy who is very skillful and shows no mercy to his enemies. For some reason, he is feared by the other two in the group.
    Note: Hc means Hardcore

In the Shinjuku Division, the group is called Matenrou. The leader of the group is Jinguji Jakurai (MC name: ill-DOC). The other members are Izanami Hifumi (MC name: GIGOLO) and Kannonzaka Doppo (MC name: DOPPO).
    As his stage name suggested, Jakurai is a doctor who has a habit of saying "very interesting". He is also the oldest out of 12 of the individuals.
    Hifumi is the childhood friend of Doppo. He became a host to overcome his gynophobia. When he changes into his suit, his personality changes to that of a womanizer.
    Doppo is an exhausted medical office worker who is a pessimist and somehow is a bit peculiar. He also has a habit of mumbling to himself.

In the Shibuya Division, the group is called Fling Posse. The leader of the group is Amemura Ramuda (MC name: easy R). The members are Yumeno Gentaro (MC name: Phantom) and Arisugawa Daisu (MC name: Dead or Alive).
    Ramuda is always mistaken as an elementary schooler but in truth is a fashion designer who is also an airhead, though he has a tendency to deceive people with his appearance to get what he wants.
    Gentaro is a novelist and tends to tell convincing lies. He is also capable of making up stories about people's lives by observing them.
    Daisu, also can be read as Dice, is a gambler. He has been surviving on his extreme luck streak since he was born and always carries his lucky dice with him wherever he goes. Gambles for the thrill of it.

It is noted that the leader of both Buster Bros!!! and MAD TRIGGER CREW act as cat and dog with each other while the leader of both Matenrou and Fling Posse also do the same with each other.

If you want to know more about their profiles, click [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

You can listen to hypmic's songs in youtube!! There are some songs that were uploaded completely there in terms of its length but their character songs are not uploaded completely as those are just half of the length of the songs OTL But still, listen to the character songs on youtube because they're all so good! Their youtube account also uploaded their drama tracks so do check them out if you're interested ^^ The seiyuus are so talented aaaaa

Their first song that was released completely on youtube is called Hypnosis Mic -Division Rap Battle-.

The second song is called Hypnosis Mic -Division Battle Anthem-.

If you want to listen to the completed character songs, you have no choice but to download them, well that's what I did ^^''' But if you're lazy to get them online, just hmu and I could just send the files to you!!

There are some things that I think I didn't mention here, I'm sorry OTL but for now, try remembering them because there are 12 of them to stan AHAHAHAHA :'))) If you're interested in buying their albums to support them, you can do so at Amazon Japan, CDJapan or Animate International. There are currently 6 albums available for purchase.

I hope I helped you understand about hypmic, even if it's a tad bit, I'm happy to be able to help you out!! C:
    Last edited by Teruya; 08-07-2018 at 09:15 AM.

4. The following user likes this post by Teruya:

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    confidant_v Inventory

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] This is awesome!! This is an awesome intro into the show ^_^ Thanks for all the information. Would there happen to be translations of the drama tracks? I'm assuming those are them conversing, correct?

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Teruya Inventory
    Yukina Kou

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Yes ^^ The first 4 group individual drama tracks are apparently about how the groups were formed! While their second group individual drama tracks are about their daily lives, where you can come to understand their characters and their habits even more.
    The other drama tracks are basically them starting their rap battle and etc.
    All the translations for the drama tracks are [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. I hope you enjoy them!!

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    confidant_v Inventory

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] That's awesome! Thanks for all this stuff! I can't wait to get in on this and find out which ones I like the best. That's always the best part! Is it safe to assume you have some ships going on here XD

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Teruya Inventory
    Yukina Kou

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] YES AHAHAHAHA
    Well umm, i know this is weird but after a certain [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], my canon in hypmic is Rio x Saburo aaaaaaaa I'm going to hell for this :'D
    But then again, I also ship Samatoki x Ichiro, Daisu x Gentarou and Hifumi x Doppo
    And I hope that you'll find your favourite ship in hypmic soon xDD

9. The following user likes this post by Teruya:

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    Kukki Inventory
    Koisuru Boukun Flowers Bouquet

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] thank you for all the infos! I've seen Hypmic everywhere for a while and as Confidant_v said, it's hard to find where to start.
    I'm not really into rap but it really seems fun (anyway I have a feeling it's more about shipping and fangirling than music lol)! The second video was some angry rap, not bad lol.

Anyway, thank you for the explications \(^-^)/

11. The following user likes this post by Kukki:

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Teruya Inventory
    Yukina Kou

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] I'm glad the info helped!! I'm also not that into rap songs but I really like the anthem and the rap battle that I shared from youtube, and also Yokohama Walker by MAD TRIGGER CREW ^^
    And yes fangirling and shipping them AHAHAHA but tbh the seiyuus are so so cute omg their gap moes are the best xDD

13. The following user likes this post by Teruya:

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    Kukki Inventory
    Koisuru Boukun Flowers Bouquet

I just listened to it, yeah it wasn't bad! This has catch my interest (aka the songs aren't too bad and I really want to know why so many fujos are into it)!

15. The following user likes this post by Kukki:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles