Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Ms.Flair Inventory
    Shiki Okumura Rin Sebastian & Cloud

I don't want to be mated (me and YellowMelon)

Spoiler:  

Today was the day, as he stood there infront of a mirror. He was brushing his bright hair, as Akira ran the brush through his hair. He wasn't dressed, as he was looking himself over with the tattoos that was on his body. Touching himself for the moment, before he let out a long sigh. "Come on Akira. You have to do this, just go and your parents will shut up about this," Akira told himself out loud.

Starting to get dressed, he through on something that was formal but casual. Stepping out of the room in his parent's place, he had grabbed his bag that had anything he would need. After he was ready, he was drove straight to the meeting place.

The meeting place was a nice building, that had was beautifully decorated. When he was dropped off, Akira headed into the building and signed in for the meeting. Entering the area, he noticed how people were standing around and socializing with each other. There was servers and even a bar, for anyone who wanted a drink while there. Akira kept to himself, as he pulled out his phone to try to keep to himself. It was kind of intimidating to be around dragons who easily kill him.

He turned his attention toward a stage, where there was two people coming into the view. A dragon and human pair...

Re: I don't want to be mated (me and YellowMelon)

Spoiler:  

For Marquise, finding a mate was his responsibility. He knew it was something that had to be done, even though he would much rather live his life not tied to anyone, so he would go to these meetings, but he wasn’t in a rush to find a mate. Unlike humans, who were more-than-not forced to attend these events, dragons had a choice. There was never a short supply of dragons attending because wanting to bond with a lifelong mate was innate, especially for higher-ranking dragons whose purpose for having a mate was to breed. Being a dragon himself, Marquise also had that innate longing. However, his wasn’t as strong as others and he had no instinct to immediately have children. He had periods where he felt a bit more alone some days, but the loneliness never ate away at him.

He was dressed in a white business suit with a red tie. Although there was no formal dress code for the event, dragons tended to display more formal wear as a way of showing off, while humans took on a casual look. The humans weren’t trying to impress anyone. Marquise approached the building where the meeting was being held. This would be the third. If this meeting was any similar to his last two, he would simply have to go in, wait until all the humans were taken, and then leave. From his experience, this usually took about two hours or less, and, from the looks of it, he arrived just in time for the event to begin.

“Hello, hello!” A human greeted excitedly on stage with a red-headed dragon companion. “How are you guys?” He briefly paused as if waiting for a reply. “I’m sure all of you know why you’re here and, for those who don’t, this is where you find your mates, the person who you'll form a life-long bond with.” Of course, there was no added explanation why mates needed to be found, the real reason why this event existed. “As is common, there are more dragons here than humans, so, while any dragon is free to go, the event will not end until all the humans have been taken up. I would like to apologize for the short supply.” This was not the first time the apology had been made. “Now, here is my own mate to discuss some rules everyone will need to follow.” The audience clapped when the dragon stepping forward.

“First and foremost,” the dragon spoke loudly, “If you want to fight, take it outside, or pay for the damages. Secondly, humans, you cannot leave.” If one were to try, the guards near the exits would be kind enough to stop them. “And, lastly, please do make an effort. If all goes well, you won’t be here for long.” The last statement seemed to be directed towards the humans in the room more-so than to the other species. With only those three rules, the event had officially begun with the hosts stepping off the stage.

Marquise politely listened to the speakers, then turned his attention to a row of chairs aligned against a wall. The chairs were located behind the refreshment tables, so he claimed one of the unoccupied spaces. He much preferred to observe at the beginning of any social event than to jump right in talking. He simply didn’t have the energy to talk throughout the whole event. He eyed several individuals with his focus more on the dragons than the humans present. Everything was fine now, but he knew the first rule wasn't made without reason.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Ms.Flair Inventory

Akira stayed where he was, watching from his own spot. While he listened to the two people, he let out a growl inside of his throat. Looking around the room, he noticed there was many humans there, and more dragons too. There was variety of them, both females and males among the group. When it was time to socialize more, Akira tried to keep himself busy and away from the dragons.

Looking over the people, he noticed a few people that made him sigh. This is what he tried to avoid, to stop from going to these events. He ran to get away from these rules, but he was found though. Shaking his head, he tried to avoid people by ignoring people or being rude to them in one way or another. Reaching the refreshment area, he grabbed something to eat as he spotted something sitting there.

"Say anything, and you will regret. I rather not be here, and I am willing to risk something to get out of this place," Akira warned with a roll of his eyes. Akira ran his hand through his brightly colored hair, as he pulled out his phone to check on things. Akira ran his hands through his hair more, as he pulled at his shirt to show what true tattoo's were over his body currently.

Akira slowly moved from the table, but he was stopped by another dragon. He grabbed by arm, as he growled out. "Let me go..." Akira muttered as he pushed back and was let go. The dragon only shook their head, pushing Akira to the floor. The dragon spotted the other, walking over to him with a wave. "Look what just happened there. Stupid human thinks it has a choice.." the dragon spoke out. "I heard he tried to run away..from all of this. That's what the rumors say.."

"You gonna find someone? Or just stay on the side-lines.."

Spoiler:  

Marquise was a little taken aback by being suddenly talked to. He shouldn’t have been, considering the event was a social function, but he was, especially since the person who was talked to him had threatened him. He didn’t know what the man was referring to, but he assumed it had something to do with him being rather disrespectful to different individuals here. He had noticed, but he didn’t judge. He was much more interested in what the human had mentioned to him in passing than how he acted. As the other occupied himself with his phone, the wind dragon returned to minding his own business, as they say. He saw no need to question why he had been talked to like that.

However, his peace was disrupted again shortly after. The same human was involved, but, this time, he did not cause the disturbance. A hotheaded dragon was at fault. Marquise saw no reason for the dragon to push the human like that. Due to their nature, some dragons were more forceful than others, as they liked to show they were the dominant species between the two, even though humans were, and have always been, born with that knowledge. Just because the species coexisted didn’t mean both were equal. There was a reason why dragons tolerated the humans around them, because, if they did not, this world would surely not exist.

“Oh? I must have missed what happened because I have no idea what you think I saw,” Marquise lied, already annoyed with the dragon who approached him, “And I’ve heard of those rumors, but they’re just as we say they are. Rumors.” He wasn’t keen on knowing if they were true or not and he didn’t care for sharing such rumors anyway. He kept his own beliefs to himself and let others do the gossiping. He had no business in those matters because he didn’t care to. Although, hearing a human run away from having to find a mate was uncommon since not being mated was worse than doing so.

“I much prefer to stay on the side-lines,” the dragon admitted to the other. At least that was what he usually preferred. Now, though, he wanted to change it up. He already spotted someone he liked. While his like for this individual was a bit strange, he found him to be a way out of these meetings. That is, if the other agreed to what he wanted to do. If not, this would be another meeting where he wouldn’t accomplish the end goal of this event. “But, thanks to you, I think I found someone.”

Marquise stood from his seat and made his way over to the human from before, the one who had voiced his displeasure for being here. “Hello,” he greeted as he stepped in front of the younger man, “I noticed you earlier at the refreshment table.” He had threatened him after all. “And I have a proposition to make.” As he said this, Marquise lowered his voice, proving what he wanted to say was not a joke. “You had mentioned earlier that you were ‘willing to risk something’ to get out of here. I want to know what that something is.”

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Ms.Flair Inventory

Akira was trying to stay out of trouble as he was trying to not bother anyone. He needed to find a way out of here and fast, before he was forced into something.

Walking around, he was stopped by the same male from refreshment table. Hearing the first words, made him kind of regret what he said. He was gonna say something but he noticed how he changed and what he said. What was he willing to risk? Was it his life?

"Maybe my own life and my sanity..." was the answer that came from him. Lowering his voice low enough, "Those rumors are true. I did run after I became of age. I don't want to be forced into something just because it is by law. Why do you care? You can leave whenever, I can only leave when I get chosen. That will be fat chance that I will let that happen.."

Moving his hair from his face, he let out a sigh. "I am curious what you had in plan?"

Marquise almost thought about taking back what he had said at the reply he received. This human had a bit more of an attitude than he expected, although it was something he could work with. It livened up the conversation, that was for sure. The dragon rolled his eyes at the initial answer he got. It seemed as though the human had already risked his sanity, confirming the rumors were true, and risking his life would simply be drastic. Luckily, he wanted a much simpler thing. Simple to him, at least. To the human, especially this one, maybe not so much.

"You wouldn't be the only one," Marquise continued to whisper, then explained his own situation, "You're right. I can leave here whenever I want, but I've already attended two such meetings like this, making this my third, and I don't want there to be a fourth." The human could surely hear the distaste in his voice for this event. "While I may have a choice in coming to these events, I still have to find a mate. A dragon of my status can't go without one. It doesn't look good." He didn't expect this man to fully understand what he was saying or care about his words.

"What I want you to do is become my mate." He knew what he just said probably didn't sound too appealing, but he wanted to make his intentions clear. He had no ulterior motives with his plan. "I'm really not interested in having a mate, and I see that you aren't interested either. While becoming my mate won't make you free, as you know, we both want out of this place and this is the only solution I can think of. I don't care what you do as my mate if you agree, but your actions will reflect on me, so you can't run away again or anything." There were some dragons who, once claiming a mate, controlled every aspect of their human mate, and others who gave them as much freedom as they could. He intended to be the latter.

"If this doesn't interest you, I wish you luck with the mate you do choose," Marquise briefly paused, "Sorry, I meant with the mate who chooses you." A small smirk appeared on the wind dragon's face as he waited for a reaction. There was nothing more he could offer the other or guarantee him. If he chose to be his mate, he would have to set down a few ground rules, but that was all. He wouldn't force him to do anything and he hoped he had made that clear. He had no interest in doing such things, anyway. However, Marquise was also prepared for his offer to be rejected, although it would be silly on the human's part.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Ms.Flair Inventory

Akira waited for him to speak, wanting to know his reaction and what his words would to be his answer. Listening to him, he could see that this dragon was not enjoying this event and how much he hated.

Hearing those next words,Akira almost immediately left but he decided to give this guy a chance. Listening to more words, he noticed that this was more like a contract of fake mates. That was something he could do, and handle. When he was finished, he would tell the dragon his answer. A shiver did go down his body, hearing those last words.

Akira was silent at the moment, but was ready to speak now. "That offer sounds way too good but I don't want to stay here though," Akira started. "You got yourself a 'mate'. Now, get us out of here," Akira said right after. Staying where he was, he looked around. "So couple questions. Is there something we need to do now before we get to leave? Also what is gonna happen with my living situation?"

The dragon was glad to receive the answer he hoped for. He was relieved the human chose to accept his offer instead of dismiss it. He had made a smart choice. They both had. Marquise raised an eyebrow at the mention of his offer seeming "too good," although the skepticism that was voiced clearly wasn't a huge concern, since being uncertain didn't stop him. In no way had the dragon been joking about what he said. Perhaps it was his straightforwardness that made it seem like he wasn't telling the truth. Whatever the human really thought of him didn't matter at this point. He had agreed to the plan and he was going to see it through.

"Yes, I need to mark you." Marquise responded, not giving his soon-to-be mate a choice in the matter. If the human was to leave, the guards needed to see he was bonded to someone. That was the only way any human could leave the event, requiring them to bear a visible mark made by a dragon. As terrifying as being marked sounded, it was a simple and painless process. The most the human would feel was a breath of cold air against his skin.

Going to mark him, the wind dragon reached out his hand to touch one of the bigger star tattoos on the neck of the blue-haired individual. The location of the tattoo was the perfect place to put his own mark. Without hesitation, he blew air onto the spot he desired and the tattoo began to transform. The star rapidly spun in a circle while its arms thinned and elongated themselves. The movement stopped when Marquise touched its center. There, his mark showed. It was a swirl with a clear blue dragon's eye in the center, mimicking the eye of a hurricane.

"Regarding your living situation, you will live with me. I have a spare bedroom, so no need to worry about fitting in. It is expected of mates to live together anyway." He quickly addressed the second concern. Where else did the human think he could live? If he was to walk around with his mark, yet not live with him, that would raise suspicion when people found out. Because they were only pretending to be mates, it was especially important for the public to think they actually were. He couldn't have the human screwing the plan up already. They hadn't even left the place yet.

Marquise motioned for the man to follow him as he headed for the exit. He could make it passed the guards easily since they had no concern for dragons, but he knew the human would be stopped, and that he was.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Ms.Flair Inventory

Akira stood where he was, before he heard those next words. He didn't want to stay there, he didn't want to be marked at all. Though, he knew if he wanted out of here without any hassle then he would need to be marked. He had heard from people with how it felt like, it couldn't be any worse then the tattoo's he got near his neck. Those were pretty painful.

Akira braced for any pain, but there wasn't any pain at all. He felt for the mark, touching the mark now on his neck. Akira stopped touching the mark, before he heard about his own living situation. "I am huh? That sucks," Akira said with a huff with a roll of his eyes. "If you keep more control like some of these dragons do, I don't know what I will do," Akira said in a mutter with a quick shake of his head.

Akira moved with the man, going along with him. He thought he could get out easily, but he was stopped by guards. The one guard was inspecting her, as they were looking over his new mark that was just made. It seemed everything was gonna go well until someone opened up their mouth toward Akira. "Looks like you are not escaping now. You are chained and belonging to a dragon now," one guard said.

Akira's hands turned into fists, ready to swing right on the guy. "You better hope he keeps me close," Akira threatened with a growl. He pushed off toward where Marquise was, as Akira steadied himself after. Someone came over, "Make sure you keep him under control. He has a nasty mouth and maybe keep him on the chain," came the person before they walked away from there.

"Can we..just head out now.." Akira said, letting out a sigh.

Marquise was not fond of the remark the guard made towards his human. It did not surprise him, but he still found it unnecessary. The sole job of the guard was to ensure the human was not walking out without reason, nothing more. He saw his mark, so it was his right to leave. He should not have tried to incite any trouble. The dragon took a small step forward when he saw the human close his hands to form fists. He was ready to intervene if something were to happen, but he hoped the other knew better than to react. He could only do so much if the situation were to become worse. He had the power to stop a fight, but he could not stop any legal actions that were made against the human, especially if it was one of assault and he witnessed it.

Marquise released a cold breath of air out of relief as his assumed mate came towards him. He had behaved well. About to leave again, but quickly stopped, he paid little attention to the comment that was made in passing. It was of no importance to him what others thought he should do with the human. How he treated the individual was up to him. He would not allow others to push him to do what he did not want, and he wouldn't let them control the human either. They could make comments, they could make demands, and they could give him their suggestions, but he was not their responsibility. As far as they were concerned, he was his mate, so he was under his supervision. He would give him his own rules, not that of others.

"Yes, let's go." The wind dragon agreed as he walked away from the building for the final time. "I want you to pay no attention to what others say to you or what is said to me about you," Marquise spoke frankly, "There are a lot of dragons who feel the need to share how they think mates should be treated. Some care more about them while others want to make it known that their in control." The man briefly paused. "As for you, I expect you to behave properly. You can look how you please with your tattoos and all, but you should not defy me. Dragons and their mates are also to be treated with respect, especially the more established couples, whether you like or dislike them." The public was always well-aware of those who were newly mated and the more experienced mates. The latter were always viewed with more respect.

"I don't care what you do at home, however, whether you talk to me or not. I have my own work to attend to and I'm sure you have yours." Marquise walked up to a white car, his car, with tinted windows and a black leather interior. He opened the passenger door for the human before walking around the front of the car and pulling open the door to the driver's seat. "Get in." He demanded as he sat inside and shut the door closed. "It might be a little cold." He murmured. With the car on, the air conditioner was on full blast. The vents to the left and right to him were facing him while the others were simply on. Being a wind dragon and preferring cold temperature, but not freezing, his normal body temperature was lower than what humans considered normal.

"By the way," he moved the gear shift from park to drive with his foot on the break pedal, "We never did exchange names. I'm Marquise, but you can shorten it to Mark."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Yaoi Manga, KPop Profiles