Stromae and other French artsits

MaryWeather

Lately I've been listening to Stromae, who is a Belgian artists. His music is amazing, and he'll soon be performing in the USA, but unfortunately I won't be able to go. Isn't that disappointing? Are there any other fans of his? I only recently started listening to him, but I've already fallen in love with his music. I want to listen to everything he possibly has.

If anyone has any suggestions for French artists as well, I'm all open!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaeraFei

• Ayakashiu

• Sai-Miyoshi

• Droolprince

OMG FINALLLLYYYYY SOMEONE */////* Ok of course stromae, then another belgian, Loïc Nottet, he came 4th in the euro-vision song contest with his song 'Rythm inside'.

Ok then I still know Maitre gims, he's african i think, singing in french :p

Ah and *clears throat* dont laugh =.= theres Louise Attaque with the song 'J't'emmenea au vent', and Christine with 'Christine' (that ones quite popular here in belgium atm) and then there's Cookie Dingler with 'femme liberee'.

Ah and loads of songs by Indochine :p they r awesome *^* Ah and one song i found through a fanfic, BB brunes - 68 :3

Eh so, dont judge me taste of music =///////=

• 5 months later...

Some of the French artists I listen to (well, French Canadians artists) and my favorite songs are :

- Jean Leloup - "1990'. (His style is bit... out there)

- Les Colocs - "Passe-moé la Puck" (Typical 'Joual Québecois).

- Vilain Pingouin - "Le Train" (A bit more alternative style)

- Éric Lapointe - "Marie Stone" (Hard rock)

Also, Bruno Pelletier. His voice is... wow! Especially in the musical Notre-Dame de Paris by Luc Plamondon. The song "Le Temps des Cathédrales" something to listen to especially since he sings it live.

Oh I love Stromae! Only a few of his songs are popular here but the one I like the most is this one..

It's hard not to like his music and his lyrics. XD

Well, Stromae's style is pretty avant-guardiste, his lyrics woven through his particular style of music phenomenal.

My favorite of him has to be Carmen which he uses the namesake's opera and turns it into a pretty accurate, and alarming, portray of social media.

• 2 months later...

Well, here Stromae is completely unknown, I happened to listen to one of his songs while listening to a German online radio at work. It was "Papaoutei" (is it written like that?) and it got stuck in my head for days. I don't know much more, didn't even know he was Belgian! But I guess I'll try searching for some other songs of his and see how it goes c:

• 3 weeks later...

I love Stromae too! My French teacher showed the class "Alors on danse" back when it first came out. I actually don't listen to a lot of original French artists though, and I'm super picky about my music.

is really good imo.

I like how happy

sounds but I have no idea what the song even means (If we only live once, then tell me everything except that you love me??)

Also

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
your recommendations are A+ (I'm listening to them rn)

• 1 month later...

Oh, damn, I completely forgot about Stromae. I remember when I first hear one of his songs (

actually) and everyone thought he's weird and I was there like "what's weird?" haha. And I absolutely loved when my French teacher brought some of his lyrics and we translated them in class. She also told us a bunch of things about him.

Oh, oh, and I really like

, yesss.

P.S.: Although I studied French in school for about 7 yrs, all I know is "je ne sais pas" and "merde".