[TD]||HEIGHT: 5'8[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE=width: 400]
    [TR]
    [TD]LIKES: Crossword, solving puzzles and riddles or anything that makes use of his good intelligence[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]DISLIKES: Anything that holds himself back from making good use of his good intelligence, speaking with unintelligent people, and people who belittle his intelligence.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]PERSONALITY: A nice guy... or so he thinks. Although he's polite to people, he actually doesn't care what happens to them as long as he get his job done. The course of his action usually does more harm than good although he means nothing bad.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]BIOGRAPHY: Wataru was once a high ranked successful police officer at young age of 24. He was called "Shindou" or prodigy by his mates because of his high success rate in solving cases. He won't think twice in using things or people to solve cases which the HQ tolerates since he gets his job done. However, when he came across a case which involves corruption within the police force, he didn't stop at all even against the very strong warning by his superiors. Solving the case has gotten the police force into trouble and the HQ was in a very big chaos. A reassignment was made, a lot was fired and he was demoted into working at a police box. It wasn't as much bad for Wataru as he still solve minor cases within the neighborhood he was in. And he has his puzzles to play with.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]OTHERS: Wataru is a fan of Detective Conan since childhood.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]QUOTE: Method used doesn't matter. It's the result that matters the most.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE=width: 150, align: right]
    [TR]
    [TD]|| x taken by Saga[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

beauty. I could never define two things. Beauty and filth. Sometimes I convince myself that surprisingly they two exist thanks to each other and one cannot exist without the other.

Sirens echoed somewhere from the far distance as the male gazed forth into the horizon. It was a very humble image of board shoulders facing the parting sun on that almost ruined by the time bridge, over the narrow river that divided the land like a skillful placed cut by sword would.

The more I age, the more sense it makes. And the more sense it makes, the less I understand it. But I guess that what paradox takes, constant nonsenses.

With a slight shift, he drew out the hand that comfortably was in his coat pocket. Along he drew out the dangling chain connected to a silver pocket watch. It looked well-aged, one would classify it like an antique treasure. And probably it was much more for him.

Cold like metal and pale as the finest silver, his eyes followed the arms of the watch. It was around the late afternoon. Sudden rustle coming from his left distracted him, the black wings of a raven spread over him to dive into the crimson horizon.

And I found out that one thing always wields the mad contrast between beauty and filth - death.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tetsu

• Saga

T
he black haired police man was boringly solving a soduku puzzle he had brought with him before he went to work. His duty, by all means, is the most boring task the police force has ever made. He had to sit on a damned plastic chair for hours and hours, waiting for locals to hand over lost belongings which they had found; otherwise lost strangers looking for damned directions which he may end up assisting to their destination.

The monotonous scribbling of numbers over the soduku print had made Wataru sleepy. The sleepy police man had stayed awake late at night, watching crime investigation shows he so loved. He would have slept by now but he wouldn't want to be dismissed from his job just because he can't do a thing. Well, he's at the lowest of the low police rank. There was nowhere left for him to be demoted into.

The loud and hurried creaking of the door had the black haired guy surprised, swiftly turning his attention to he two old women coming to him. He figured it was some work which he was actually glad to do. Placing his soduku book in a drawer, he faced the two worried ladies, smiling .... in a not so business like manner.

"Hello ma'am. Can I help you with something?"

"Police ohh... you look hot, what's your name? Wait. We were shopping with my bestie here and we saw a dead man on the alleyway besides the shopping center!"... "We thought it was a beggar or a drunkard, but there was blood on the floor. Ara~ poor guy. And he looked so young..."

The two women were on their own worlds chatting about the misfortune of this one guy they found. Wataru, however, was overwhelmed with joy. He can finally work on a scene. He just wished the HQ needs his help again. Pressing the Police HQ hotline, Wataru made a phone call as he asked for assistance.

..Tick-tack..tick-tack..tick-tack..tick-tack...

a short break between the judging sounds of the time, disturbed by the flipping rustle of a page leaf dressed in the colour of yellow, the book he held has been aging ever since left the publisher company in 1864. "The windows" by Stéphane Mallarmé. Particularly Torino Shuu loved a certain type of literature. But now and then, he had his unusual picks.

His gloved hand caressed ever so gently the aged leaf, it was visible how much he treasured books. In fact, when distinguishably sought underneath that skin of his, one could say he treasured the books more than a human's life. And beholding that very thought, the male had his reason behind it.

..Tick-tack..tick-tack..tick-tack..tick-tack...

I flee, and I cling to all cross-panes
where a man can show life the cold shoulder, and, blessed
in their glass, washed by eternal dews,
gilded by the chaste morning of the Infinite
Is there a means, o Self well-versed in bitterness,
to smash the crystal insulted by the monster
and to fly, with my two wings featherless
— at the risk of falling till the end of eternity?

The lines spiraled around his skull organ, plain eyes refused to leave the page. But time waited for no one, so the ding of the small door ringer buzzed the silence. Torino rose his chin, silver eyes glancing from under the thin frame of his glasses. It was the delivery man.

- Good afternoon, Mr. Torino! - it was Kabuto from the E.B.L. publishing company, a young male that has been chained by unfortunate part-time job he apparently didn't like. But nowadays people did what they had to, despite whether they liked it or not. The male carried in the deserted by that time library two big boxes with new arrivals, - I am very sorry for being late. But the traffic is awful, it's Friday and people are in a hurry to go back home.

With a gentle thud he set the boxes on the long, polished information-desk. On top of the boxes, he'd placed the papers Torino had to sign. So one hand reached up to rustle through them. Shuu calmly closed the book, setting it to side.

- Not so talkative today either? I can never get used to your silence, Mr. Torino. Here, page third and fifth. - with a slide he pushed the papers towards Shuu's direction, handing him the pen.

Despite the politeness, Shuu briefly glanced at the handed pen, just to reach for the desk drawer and take his own pen. Well, it didn't surprise the young man. Torino has been such an oddity ever since the first time he met him. He barely talked or paid attention to what the man was saying, or so it looked at least. Seemingly the librarian disliked any kind of mutual conversing, not to mention he was more silent than the silence itself. One could barely notice him in a quiet room, what to be said in a huge crowd.

A few flicks and he signed the papers with his gloved hand - like usual. Sometimes Kabuto was wondering if he touched everything with a gloved hand, but it was that mocking side of a human being making fun of others - the ego.

- Thank you! I hope you'll be having a nice evening, Mr. Torino. See you on Tuesday! - with a short smile Kabuto took his leave and closed the doors behind.

- Geez. What's wrong with him? I wonder if he's mute or something. Ah, whatever.. - the young male jabbed hand in his pocket and left the place.

T
he once ignored and dirty alleyway was suddenly brimming with popularity, yellow tapes surrounding both entries. Inside are the main actors of the event, one dead body lying over a pool of blood. The police force was busy, some were doing an interview among the crowd, the rest were doing the investigation.

"If it isn't Kanzaki... it's nice to see you again. Having fun playing police at a police box?"

A jealous former co-worker at the Headquarters arrogantly said. Once he cracked a laugh, the rest of his men did so. Wataru just knew the guys weren't finding a thing funny, but they had to laugh to make a good impression with the damned jealous guy for a good recommendation for promotion. Wataru found the act amusing, cracking faint chuckle.

"What's with that face, officer Wataru?" the jealous police guy glared at him, showing his displeasure as he continued, "If you have time to be smirking with that stupid face of yours, go chalk an outline out of the victim's corpse"

"I am not under your control, but as a proper policeman, I'll do the outline. Well then, if you will excuse me, Officer Tanaka. We have a case here. I'm as busy as most working policemen here to be chit chatting with you."

Wataru made sure to make a comeback. He simply hate being belittled for nothing. He made an obvious smirk to the other officer, turning his back as he walked to the lifeless corpse. Wataru carefully outlined the shape of the corpse starting from it's legs going upwards. The act itself was boring which made his attention shift to the corpse itself.

"Isn't that..."
he gasped as he found something... which the other officers had failed to notice.

once the male left, Shuu moved from the information desk to the doors. Two twists to left and it was locked, of course his slender fingers flicked the sign with 'Closed' facing the deserted streets. Tiredly his hand reached up to remove the thin framed glasses. They were plainly for fashion, nothing necessarily needed.

Silence. And darkness. His paradise.

The male parted lips slightly to inhale a mouthful into his airway, the stretch of lips came naturally. It was like when a kid was home alone - fun times. The silver eyes glittered in the dark, his kingdom has come.

The caress of gloved hand against the edges of the desk, followed by the muted clank of settled glasses, and the gaze was fixated in the farthest corner in this library. These movements gave away his impatience for something that he's been waiting for a whole day. His feet moved forth, slowly but horribly confident in their path of crime. Once the short journey through the library has taken him before the small on size shelf, Shuu raised his hand to side. His finger found a neatly hidden button, which allowed him to push the shelf a few inches to side, not more. It was enough to creak it open with hand sneaked from behind. And so he opened, as they called it, a hidden small door. The stairs were leading downwards in a pitch black hole.

The paradox he loved so much. It was a real dungeon ten feet under the library. The most quietest place hid the loudest and most painful cries. Who would think that the mad mind tortured his victims beneath the grounds of the library? It was..a mad brilliance.

The darkness didn't bother him. His eye-sight was abnormal anyway, he could see very well in the dark. Wasting time not, the male walked the stairs down. And the closer he was getting, the louder the pounds of his heart were. He wasn't dull anymore, he was insane.

After five minutes spent in stairs and a few more heavy-doors, he finally made it to a corridor. And then he heard the sweetest melody - screams.

The devil walked in Hell.

D
ark gray eyes were scanning through the corpse of the victim, meeting an object on its way which caught the the raven haired policeman's attention. A small rectangular glass was pinned over the victim's shirt, on it was a name carved 'Inoue Takahashi'. Such ordinary thing is often ignored, albeit Wataru would do so if not for the fact that the young officer had been into an interesting puzzle lately, and if he was not wrong, this may be part of the puzzle he had caught up.

There are hundred of recorded murders the past few month, among them are a few which had similar cause of death - victim of a serial murder. The police force had no luck connecting any of them all, which was the reason the murderer is still out there roaming free, waiting for the next victim to prey on. However, as the former 'Shindou' of the Headquarters, Wataru had caught up something suspicious. The thought had stayed still as he wasn't able to act on it, thanks for the assholes that had demoted him.

"Officer Wataru! Rather than staring at the dead, why don't you finish up outlining and do other works. You're wasting taxpayers' money spent for you"

The former co-worker started acting bossy again, funny how the other would shove his hand inside his ass if Wataru asked for it. Jealousy is pretty sickening, and the person before the young ace was the epitome of such. Sighing deeply, the male officer resumed his work. Of course, not forgetting to make a come back to the arrogant bastard.

"Officer Tanaka, rather than nagging at me, why don't you try to help? Taxpayers' money are sure wasted on you... in all sorts of way"

Not really caring anymore, the young policeman resumed his work. Wataru's thoughts were occupied the whole time, thinking of the new puzzle to work on. Solving sodoku and crossword had been getting boring for the intelligent male. Now, at least, he would be able to work on something big.