Over the Fence (Looking Mirror/Ignorance Isn't Bliss AU)

cheshireArtist

OVER THE FENCE

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

PLOT

A few months after the rape of Elite Hunter, Arik Lefunt's, daughter, Emily, the Realm Officials began mandatory blood tests for all Human Zone residents. The tests were to test for the the presence of inactive demon blood in the populous, and take in anyone who presented even the slightest hint of demonic blood in their lineage.

Erin White, a shy teen living in the Human Zone, thought he was completely human up to the point his test came back as positive. Now, after being given only twenty for hours before they some take him away his mother, a human woman by the name of Anne, comes up with a daring plan, determined not to fail her eldest son once again. Leaving behind nothing but a letter addressed to his boyfriend, Arish Lefunt, Erin White disappears from the Human Zone.

Meanwhile a mysterious woman by the name of Astaat had taken in a young Fallen boy by the name of Ruune. After finding out that the boy was mute, and shattered by his fall, Astaat knows that the Demoni, the organization she was forced to work under, is no place for him. So she takes him and two young half-demons she had also been hiding across to the Neutral Zone where she leaves them in the care of two good friends.

Two years later the Demoni, a highly dangerous demon ran organization, is on the rise and the Realm Officials and Elite Hunters are having a hard time containing them without help. Taking a chance they decide to try to become allies with the neighboring Neutral Zone. As part of the deal with joint Neutral Zone Leaders, Angelo, the head of the highly skilled mercenary group the Triad, and Kay, the snarky leader of the mercenary group The Freelancers, they make a cultural exchange program. 20 students and 5 adults were picked to come across the fence separating the two zone and live in the Neutral Zone for a year. Things are rocky and tensions are high among the students as they enter their school year, and first true experience of the Neutral Zone residents outside of the apartment building they've been assigned.

CHARACTER GUILD

(I really thought we needed this)

Main Characters

Arish Lefunt- A young hunter in training and a half-angel.

Teesie

Erin White- A young half-demon boy put under the care of a demon named Coyote.

Chesh

Ruune Nimparon- A young Fallen who is mute, and fairly secluded.

Chesh

Isaan Nimparon- A young full Angel, and son of a Realm Official Leader.

Teesie

Other Characters

Abel- A gentle full Demon and healer of the Freelancers. He is also Ruu's guardian and mentor.

Chesh

Aheal Nimparon- A full Angel and Realm Official Leader. He was chosen as one of the five adults.

Teesie

Astaat-A Fallen woman who is occasionally seen visiting Ruune and Abel.

Teesie

Arik Lefunt- A highly ranked Elite Hunter, and Arish's father. He was one of the five adults chosen.

Teesie

Maria- A spunky young half-demon, and one of Ruu's best friends. She is also Rosa's twin, and under Maya's gardianship.

Chesh

Rosa- Maria's older twin sister and the more logical one of the two, also one of Ruu's best friends. She is under Maya's guardianship as well.

Chesh

Alex- Erin's best friend, and half-fallen son of the owner of Hell's Angels Fight Club.

Teesie

Coyote- A mysterious conman who took in Erin seeing the real potential in the boy.

Teesie

Maya- A Fallen and friend of Astaat. She is Alex's mother and is the owner of the local fight club.

Chesh

Kay- The snarky and sometimes rude leader of the Freelancers. She is also one of the two leaders of the Neutral Zone.

Chesh

Erin started at the paper in his hands, looking at the big, bold red Positive written on it, and it made him sick. His mother, a woman with dark red hair and bright green eyes similar yet so different from his, sat next to him, and was, for the first time since he was ten, was attempting to sooth her eldest son. He had gone to get the now mandatory blood test last week and this was the result...he wasn't human...no, he was a half-demon. He felt a few tears fall down his tanned cheeks and onto the paper. He was a monster.

Anne ran her fingers through he sons brown hair, spotting the slight, barely noticeable, red highlights that marked him as her son, and looked down into those tear filled, bright green eyes, also from her. She had failed him so much...she should have just found someone in the Neutral Zone to have taken him when he was born instead of being stubborn and trying to raise him, hoping and praying that her little boy's demon blood never activated. She had made a lot of mistakes in her life, one letting Max hurt and push around Erin, and the other was never telling her baby boy about what he truly was. Maybe, then just maybe they could have avoided this. "Shhh," She soothed, placing a kiss to the crying teen's forehead, "I'm here, honey, mama's gonna protect you." Twenty-four hours, the paper said, twenty-four hours to save her son.

Erin sobbed into his mother's shoulder, clinging to the woman tightly. He hadn't heard her call him honey since his brothers were born. "M-mom, what are we gonna do...why is this h-happening?" The brunette questioned, tears now streaming down his cheeks, "Wh-what 'bout Arish! What am I going to tell him, mom?"

"Listen, Erin, I know what we are going to do...go upstairs and pack your things, I'm taking you away from here, okay, honey," Anne whispered, wiping tears from her son's cheeks, "Now listen to me, and don't call anyone, don't text anyone, not even Arish, okay. Now hurry, honey, I'm going to start the car."

Erin stared at his mother for a moment, biting his lip. Why couldn't he call Arish? He really at least wanted to say his good byes...to tell him he loved him at least one more time time. Swallowing the lump in his throat the teen hurried upstairs, fallowing his mother's directions and packing the duffle bag he used to sleepover Arish's house. He paused at a few pictures, placing them in the bag gently and carefully, not wanting to ruin them. Then there was his phone. He stared at it for a solid minute, deciding whether or not to call Arish as his finger lingered over the speed dial button. He sighed mournfully and shoved the phone into a dresser drwar, and was almost ready to leave when he spotted a pen and paper. Swiftly he wrote a letter addressed to his boyfriend, failing to hold back tears as the stained the paper.

Hey love...I...I'm positive, the test says I'm positive. I swear to God I had no idea. I'm just so sorry...I never wanted it to end like this. Arish, I love you all right, I love you so much, just don't forget that. I don't know where I'll be going tonight, but I'm afraid. I'm probably never going to see you again and that fact makes me cry more. I love you Arish, please try to move on...it's for the best. I'll never forget you...

With Love,

Erin

After quickly scribbling the note he folded it in half and ran back downstairs, duffle bag in hand. Him mother was waiting at the door. "Mom..." He presented her with the quickly wrote letter, looking at her with slightly puffy, and red eyes, "Please...give this to Arish for me." Anne smoothed her son's hair and nodded. Discretely the two went to the car, and Anne drove and drove until she reached her destination, the Neutral Zone. After that night Erin White was never seen again in the Human Zone, and Anne White returned home with a heavy heart, and a short letter to give her son's boyfriend. She secretly hoped that Erin would one day have the opportunity to see the boy he loved again. She knew it would make her half-demon son truly happy.

The next afternoon she brought Arish the letter, after dodging questions from the Realm Officials, and like a coward left before Arish ever opened it. She just didn't want to see the half-angel hate her sweet boy.

-----A Year Later, a Different Location-----

Ruune sat in the room that the strange demonic man named Abel said was his now. The boy frowned slightly, staring at ceiling blankly as he laid back on his new bed. That nice woman who reminded him of his mother...Astaat he though he name was, brought him here a few hours ago. She said that where they were was no longer safe, and had taken him an those two...twin-a pained expression crossed his face at the word-...girls away. He rolled over, silvery bangs falling over pale green eyes. He winced, back flaring with pain. He wings-no, where his wings used to be hurt. The girls went to go live with this harsh looking woman and her son, and he was sent to live with Abel, a very tall demonic man with a strong aura about him. To be truthful the younger twin was scared of his new guardian. He was a demon, and demons were scary. Astaat had told him he was nice...but Ruu didn't believe her...he didn't believe anyone anymore. Everyone lied, everyone hurt and everyone left...so he just didn't want to trust anyone anymore.

Meanwhile Abel sat down the hall in his living room, phone pressed to his cheek. "Are you sure he'll be okay here, Astaat...he seems down right scared of me," He sighed into the phone, thinking of the timid boy who Astaat presented him with just hours previous. He flipped through the medical records that Astaat had compiled for him, baffled at how not only physically damaged the boy was, but mentally too.

"Do you think I should start teaching him sign language? You did say he hasn't spoke a word since you found him, right?" He asked after a few minutes, chewing his lips nervously. He was honestly scared of being responsible for a child, not matter whether the boy was 15 or not. Abel was a very responsible man, and a great healer but he had never been a parent.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teesie

• cheshireArtist

Due to the rape of someone very close to him, Emily, his sister, the dark haired male was overwhelmed when the testing for demons was launched in the Human Zone. Demons were always looked down upon anyways, so now none would even be accepted. Those with even a taste of demonic genes would be locked away, awaiting something that not even Arish knew. That was a fate that the demonic beings had brought upon themselves for raping an innocent angel. It was all a none-to-surprising movement against those wrecked beings.

Testing wasn't even opposed for the half angel to take. With his father being the Elite Hunter leader, the teen was excluded from taking any. It's not as if his results would come back positive anyways. It was pathetic that the officials had to go to the lengths of forcing ones to have tests to determine their ancestral genes. Lies and more lies was told, making the tests eligible to launch. It would have been much easier to just tell the truth. At least there was an upside to this testing, not one could even escape even if their scent was masked as well as their demonic features. No demons would walk around the Human Realm free of all problems.

Today had been the time when results were shipped to everyone's house and this left a giddy feeling in the half angel for sure. Though, he was about ready to go into training at the moment, he was needed at the Elite Hunter board first.

-Xoxo-

At the board meeting, a knock interrupted the conversations as Erin's mother stepped in glancing around the room. Arish stared to Anne with confusion as to why she was here. Standing the dark-haired teen was nervously smiled upon before being handed a piece of paper. Before questioning, the woman quickly darted out of the room, leaving the young hunter clueless. A paper.... The saying ran through his mind like a mantra before his attention was caught by the calling of his name.

"Arishl Lefunt." The coal eyes briefly glanced up th his father, Arik, and smiled shamefully before sitting himself back into the beige seat, the letter clutched tightly in his hands. There was a bad feeling in the pit of his gut, but he would have to read it later although it was eating him from the insides.

Year Later_Different Zone

Isaan stood in te mirror observing himself, more precisely the new haircut that he had just gotten. One side shaved and the other side still long. A thump caught his attention as Aheal dropped a stack of documents onto the table. Lately, after his brother was stripped of his wings and deemed a fallen, the father was all moody. The white-haired teen crossed his arms, chocolate eyes rolling as he stepped out from his room and padded across the wooden floor to his father. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Looking to the man of the house. The Realm Official leader glanced up to his son and sighed heavily.

"An unknown force is powering over the Realms and we are yet to find out who it is. By this rate, we'll be in a lot of trouble."

Erin buried his face in his hands as he sat in a room akin to a waiting room at a hospital. His mother had taken a huge risk for him, getting him into the Neutral Zone, and now he sat here waiting for a guardian to be picked for him among numerous Neutral Zone residents. He begged his mother to come with him, and stay, but she explained that she had to make sure Erin escaped seamlessly, and that she would never fit in here. Erin couldn't help but agree, everyone here was rugged, and tough, and while his mother was strong in her own way he knew she could never adjust. Plus, she was the only good influence his little brothers had, and it would be selfish for the brunette to take her away from them. A long sigh escaped his lips, he couldn't wait to get this over with.

Kay sat in her office, more and more kids have been brought into the Neutral Zone over the past few days because of that new test in the Human Zone. The other day they had a five year old and an infant brought in and that made her sick. While some families just relocated, other couldn't afford to and just sent their children. A friend of her's, Nero, had taken in several children, and couldn't handle anymore, and Maya, an other friend of hers, had all ready taken in two teen girls and a two year old, and that along with her son Alex she was a little over worked. So for one of the latest kids, a teen boy registered as Erin White in their system, she had called in a favor from her best friend, a full demon man by the name of Coyote. She knew he could handle one teenager, and truthfully she wouldn't place a little kid with him for a million dollars.

"Yo, Morgan, can you go get that Erin kid for me, Coyote's gonna be here soon," She asked her second in command, reading over some paper work. The man nodded and stepped outside the door.

Erin was ushered in a slightly messy office and looked around nervously. Kay gestured for him to sit down with a wave of her hand and the boy fallowed orders suit.

"Now kid, we assigned you your new guardian, he's gonna be here soon," She explained to the distraught looking boy, "Warning though, he's a little...um...how do I put this nicely...er...eccentric, I guess, and a little odd, but he's a good guy." Erin bit his lip and looked down at his lap, he was scared. What if this guy didn't like him or something? Maybe he was just worrying too much.

Stepping into the Freelancers building, the wind suddenly seizing to blowing the grey braids along the currents, Coyote made his way through the corridors toward a familiar office. The colorful sweater tied around his waist, covered the skull belt he was wearing as the green slacks hung loosely to his body. Slowly stepping into the office, the older man glanced around the room, cyan eyes landing onto a smaller teen. The man simply stared before narrowing his eyes at the boy. The kid seemed to have potential for a lot of attributes, he could tell just by simply looking.

Walking over to sit beside the other, his vision now on Kay, Coyote let out a smile. The meeting was sure to be started, if any at all. The woman had told the elder man that he would be taking care of a teenager and the eccentric man was sure he could, as long as the other wasn't disrespectful. Seems as if the Human Zone was having a few problems, but he was yet filled in on the whole situation.

"This situation came to be by what?" Glancing to the teen and back to Kay for answers. Morgan had said that the woman would explain everything and that was why he was here at the moment. To be a guardian to some boy was a little strange, yet interesting. If, perhaps, the boy showed any interests, Coyote could teach him the way of a conman.

"This situation came to be by what?"

Erin looked up at the strange, demonic man, and bit his lip a bit harder. This was making him nervous, but his attention was grabbed by Kay when she began talking. "Well, to put everything in a nutshell for ya, some fuckass scientists found out that they could test people's DNA to see if they had any amount of Demoic blood in them, and they started the beginnings of a fucking genocide. We have been giving refuge to the Human Zone escapees, but most of them are below 21. I need you to take this kid, his name's Erin White, and he's a half-demon, his mother dropped him off here last night," Kay explained in her own, kind of blunt way.

Erin looked up at the man again, and feebly held out a tan hand, "Hello, I'm Erin, i-it's nice to meet you," He said quietly. Frankly this man made him nervous, or maybe it was just the feeling he got off his, like he could tell this man was a strong demon. Then again Erin himself was a half-demon, so maybe it was just something he could sense.

Coyote stared to the woman for a while, the room silent as Erin was awaiting a handshake. The gray-haired male was in his own world of destroying those who ever thought of such a thing. To kill all demons of half demons was a low-life bastard who didn't deserve to live them-damn-selves. It wasn't the kid's fault, or anyone else's for that matter. No one could help who they were conceived by...not at all.

After moments, Coyote quickly stood and glanced around as if looking for something before grabbing Erin's hand and pulling him to stand with him. "Well, let go, we are leaving this perimeter." Bowing to his long time friend before exiting the room. The man swore to himself that he would keep this kid safe with every inch of his life.

Kay had to smother a laugh as she watched her friend drag the poor boy out with him. Maybe someone as bold as Coyote could break that kid out his shell, since Erin seemed awfully shy. The long haired woman shook her head, and began sorting through files again. God, she hated paper work...and now with this whole placing kids thing she had so much more than she thought humanly possible. She sighed dramatically and turned to Morgan, "This sucks~!" Morgan just chuckled and shook his head at his childish leader.

Erin was alarmed by the strange man suddenly dragging him off somewhere. He guessed he was just in a hurry to get home or something. "Um...what's your name, sir?" He asked quietly, fallowing the man out of the building. To be truthful, the brunette found the man amusing but didn't voice it. He seemed a lot different than how Arish and even his teachers had described demons. Heck, he actually seemed rather nice, strange, but nice at least.

"Huh?" glancing down at the one he had attached his fingers to. Such a light, whispery voice. The kid was already strange to Coyote, but kind of cute in a way. The man only stared for a minute and then dragging the other once again to his new home. Erin seemed to be of a different specie...one that Coyote wasn't as familiar with, seeing as how long he stayed into the Neutral Zone. The man did much research, but many things was just to scarce to research on. Therefore he had to learn things all on his own.

"Names Coyote kid. Do you always ask so many question?" The braided haired man said, taking another step before dashing with the other across the street and into a house. "Here is the home you'll be staying in. Make yourself at home, or the home will makes it self out of you. Do you understand?" Narrowing his eyes at the teenager in question, before quickly walking away to sit in a chair. The smaller boy faintly smelled of human, but that's because he lived with the creatures for so long. Wait...or was the other half human. Did may say that the teen was half human. Coyote scratched his head in thought before shrugging. He'd find out sooner or later.

"Here is the home you'll be staying in. Make yourself at home, or the home will makes it self out of you. Do you understand?"

Erin entered the home and looked around, there was weird and unfamiliar things everywhere...and strangely the brunette was intrigued. Any normal person would try not to touch or even look at such weird things. "Yes, Mr. Coyote," The small teen answered, though somewhat destructed as he was analyzing a strange object, trying to see how it ticked and worked. Things like this had always intrigued him. Heck, Arish once compared him to a crow since he always seemed to be attracted to 'shiny objects' as the other had put it. Thinking of his now former boyfriend made the half-demon frown sadly. His heart ached for Arish so much right now.

Thinking of how his lover compared him to a crow had also got him thinking of the previous night. Since he was a teen and above the age of 8 he could have his demon blood activated. Erin, despite not liking what he was, decided to activate it anyways. He was found to be a bird demon, a crow to be exact. He actually freaked out a great deal when he say what he looked like in his demon form: Talons, feathers, wings and all. Then when he turned back he had some new things about himself in that form too, such as cat-like eyes, and pointed ears. It was all just so freaky and new to him, truthfully...that and scary.

Looking up the green eyed boy glanced at Coyote and muttered, kind of embarrassed, "Sorry...I wont ask as many questions if you don't like that." Erin was always just full of questions sometimes, a trait the man who he thought was his father hated, and Arish and Emily thought amusing.

Coyote only nodded to the other before asking a questioning of his own. "What kind of demon are you exactly. Being in the Neutral Realm for so long has rendered my knowledge to deplete. I know many thing in this mysterious world, except the generation of new found demons, which I'm sure is about these days. With the conceiving child of two different demons to mate with a human if another demon makes you all different in a way. Too bad that all angels are the same where we vary. Hmph, those angels are so simple and boring." He voiced, about ready to burst how they were the evil beings and not the demon.

The man sighed and close his eyes. The smaller teen was an interesting person for sure but the man, due to much needed research, was as tired as an old bat. The main priority for him was to get some rest and sleep. "Hey kid...I'm going to bed. Money in the top drawer in case you won't food to buy. Dong get it all...I know exactly how many coins I have." Disappearing from the room before Erin had a chance to answer the man at all.

Erin stared after the man owlishly, Coyote was such a strange guy.

---Time Skip---

A few months had passed since he was taken in by Coyote. Surprisingly the two ended up getting along pretty well, the conman brought out the slightly more sarcastic, bold part of his personality that Erin suppressed while living in the Human Zone. Today they were heading out to visit one of Coyote's friends, Maya, the Fallen owner of the local fight club, Hell's Angels. Coyote said she named it that to piss people off, and it worked. Apparently every time the Realm Officials deiced to snoop around at least one would come by and try to order her to change the name...needless to say they did not succeed.

Once they reached the club a woman came to great them. She was exceedingly tall, with silver-gray eyes and short, ash blond hair, and by the smell he could tell she was defiantly a Fallen. Judging by how she was dress casually she was off the job. She held a small, half demon girl in her arm and gave them a smile, "Hey, so this is the kid you've taken in, Coyote, looks like he's my son's age, though he's pretty scrawny."

"Is this crazy guy feeding you enough?" She asked Erin jokingly, with an amused grin. Erin blushed and pouted, he was not small! He was average goddamn it!

A bouncing boy came downstairs in really flamboyant clothing, smiling brightly to the elderly grey-haired man at the door. Alex took a liking to Coyote from the very beginning that he was old enough to think on his own. The man was highly eccentric and really hilarious in the teens opinion. What caught him off guard was the brunette standing beside the man in statement. So, it seems that the Human Realm was tossing away more kids to the Neutral Zone. Well, as long as it helped the other from being killed that was totally fine.

The orange haired boy scrolled over to give a giant smile to Coyote. "Hey there. So I see ya have a girl here." Simply raising a brow at Erin knowing that it was a male, but just deciding to tease a little. The teen just wants to see what kind of guy the brunette was. Whether he was offended by that or could nicely say he wasn't a girl.

Taking a finger and placing it between his teeth, Alex stared to Coyote's responsibility with orange eyes. "Nice to meet you."

Coyote nodded to Alex as well as his friend, the mother, and grabbed the woman to pull her along to to have a drink of liquor of some sort.

Maya rolled her eyes at her son's antics and before being dragged away by her insane friend she handed the boy the little girl she was holding. "Put her down for a nap for me, will ya, Coyote seems think I need to go some place oh so urgently," She sighed before fallowing behind the mad man she called a friend.

"Hey there. So I see ya have a girl here."

Erin blushed at Alex's question, and pouted. Yeah he was short and everything, but still! He had short hair and and while he was skinny, he sure as hell wasn't curvy. "I'm a boy!" He sputtered out, tanned face still a dark shade of pink. Seeing the huge grin he could suddenly tell the other was joking, and then laughed a little, "I'm Erin, and I'm of the male persuasion, and you are, miss?" He joked back, a small grin making it's way onto his face. Yeah, hanging out with Coyote had made him a bit more bold than he previously was. Back when lived in the Human Zone he could almost never joke like this.

A smile played on Alex's lips, as he folded his arms around the small girl his mother had given him. Sighing lightly, the orange eyes glance down at the demon girl and smiled lightly, delivering a small kiss to her forehead. She was such a cute little thing to the older teen. "Come...come with me to um...put my......little sister to sleep." Lifting her higher in his arms, turning and carrying her up the stairs in which he jumped down.

The orange-haired male walked into a bedroom littered with small drawings and girly pictures. Once in the room, the male placed the baby girl in the bed and leaned down to kiss her once again. Trailing out the room the teen smiled at the smaller male and crossed his arms. "Sorry about that. Um...my names Alex. Alex Mahiya." Staring to the other before another smile broke out. "Ooooh, you'll be a new student at our school. Are you...excited?" Looking to Coyote's responsibility.

Erin chuckled lightly as the other teen doted on the little girl in his arms. He did recognize her slightly from his old neighborhood so he came to the quick conclusion that she was a half-demon like himself. It was kind of sad that she had to leave her family at such a young, but was happy that she found such a loving one with the family here. He watch the taller put her to bed and smiled, yeah, defiantly a loving family.

"Sorry about that. Um...my names Alex. Alex Mahiya."..."Ooooh, you'll be a new student at our school. Are you...excited?"

"I'm Erin White, and yeah, I'm a little excited...well more nervous than excited really," The brunette teen explained, looking up at Alex, "I never been to another school before, and in my old one I wasn't well liked by my peers so...yeah...anyways, it's nice to meet you, Alex." He offered the orange eyed teen a shy smile, rubbing the back of his neck.

"So...what's the school here like? Do you have to wear uniforms here?" That was something he had been a bit curious about since he learned that he'd be going to school here. In his old school in the Human Zone they used to have to wear uniforms, and since it was the last few days of summer at the moment he had no way to tell.

Alex leaned against the wall before once again pushing off it to stand upright again. Stepping around the other teen he opened the door behind Erin and gestured for the other to come inside as well when walking in himself. The bed squeaked as the orange haired teen plopped onto the bed, slowly rolling over on his side to face the brunette.

"Well I see then. There's nothing to be nervous about. I'll make sure that they place you in all my classes...or I'll at least try. Oh, um...no uniforms for gods sake. Haha..that's a relief." Smiling to Erin and beckoning him to join in the bed. "Our school isn't all that bad. Besides the couple of jerks that are homophobic. Um...though they are very accepting of looks and ancestral genes. It's a way if the Neutral Zone. You'll definitely enjoy it. Your...well, very beautiful to be honest." Alex voiced, his orange eyes shimmering with lustful admiration.

Erin sat next to him, a bit awkward, since he barely knew Alex. At the other's words the brunette blushed deeply, he wasn't used to people telling him such things...well, except for Arish of coarse. The thought of his ex-boyfriend made the smaller sigh sadly and look down at his lap. That wound in his heart was still very, very fresh. He missed the other dearly, and while it was hard trying to move on it was at least getting easier...as long as he didn't get reminders.

Noticing he momentarily forgot the half-fallen next to him's existence, Erin looked over and murmured apologetically, "Sorry, I just got reminded of my boyfriend...well ex now I guess...-anyways, no uniforms, that's cool, and everywhere had it's jerks...so I understand that." Sometimes he wondered what Arish was doing right now...what he thought when he read the letter, if the taller teen hated him. It all kinds of depressing to think about. He forced a slight smile at Alex, it was no use lingering on the past.

Alex smiled to the other and nodded slightly to the smaller male before stopping mid nod. Staring to the other for a while, then opening his mouth in a shocked motion. "Wait, you have a boyfriend. Then what the hell are you doing here? Wait...never mind. Don't answer that question. Alex explained, giving a nervous laugh to the other before continuing to talk. " Um...what the hell do you mean by ex boyfriend? Did you two break up...possible you did?" He said, pursing his lips in a questioning way.

The orange haired male was curious of the other's relationship. Then again, it was brave that the other openly had admitted to being gay, but he guessed that he had given that away by calling the homophobic male jerks.

Erin sighed, and scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Well, I found out I was a half demon so I had to leave...I essentially broke up with him through a note I left. It would of happened anyways...he wasn't fond of demons after what happened to his sister," He explained sadly, he still loved Arish so talking about this was a little painful to say the least. It was funny, Alex was pretty easy to talk to, it must be that upbeat personality of his.

"You're a pretty easy person to talk to, ya know," The brunette complimented, smiling lightly at the other teen.

Alex smiled to the other and blushed slightly before shaking his head and pointing to the other. "Yeah, yeah enough about me... ..." He said pouting slightly, before pursing his lips slightly and rolling his eyes. "Don't you think that it's a bit mean to break up with him through a letter. It would have been better to do it face to face. Doing it that way makes it seem as if you don't care for him....no don't listen to me. I didn't mean that." He said shaking his head in dismissal.

Alex liked Erin also, but it seemed as if the other was already going through something on his own. The orange haired male didn't want to make it any worse than it was. "I apologize dearly. Don't...be mad at me." The taller male said, closing his eyes.

"Don't you think that it's a bit mean to break up with him through a letter. It would have been better to do it face to face. Doing it that way makes it seem as if you don't care for him....no don't listen to me. I didn't mean that."

Erin looked away, feeling tear well up in his eyes. He wiped them away and took a shaky breath before answering, "I wish I could of...but my mom said it wouldn't have been very safe...his father's a hunter, and he is a half-angel...so...I really don't know how he would have even reacted if I told him face to face." The green eyed teen regretted listening to his mother and not calling him at least. Just getting a quickly written letter must have made it seem pretty impersonal.

"I apologize dearly. Don't...be mad at me."

"It's fine, Alex...I do have to admit it does seem a bit mean...plus you were just being truthful and all, nothing's wrong with that," The half-demon teen muttered, glancing at the orange eyed boy out of the corner of his eye, "Don't worry about it." He gave the half-fallen and half-hearted smile. He appreciated honesty in a person, the brunette didn't like it when someone sugar coated something for him; he liked the cold, hard truth, over some half-assed lie to make him feel better personally.

The half fallen male stared to the brunette with saddened orbs, wishing that he would have just kept his mouth close. The least thing he meant to do was hurt someone that he was trying to be friends with. The other was already in a great deal of pain from not being able to see his boyfriend anymore and here he was telling Erin how mean he was. "I can tell that you love him. Is that true?" Alex asked, crossing his fingers and placing them across his eyes. There was much more that the son of Maya wanted to know about the smaller teen.

So tell me more about yourself. How old are you...I'm 16. Birthday is January second and I'm currently an A plus student." The taller male bragged, all his teeth showing from the face splitting grin he was giving the half demon boy.

"I can tell that you love him. Is that true?"

"Yes, dearly..." Erin answered, swallowing the lump in his throat, and giving a small smile. He was glad Alex was concerned about his feelings even though they just met. He hoped they were going to be great friends.

"So tell me more about yourself. How old are you...I'm 16. Birthday is January second and I'm currently an A plus student."

At the grin the brunette couldn't help but give a small grin of his own, Alex really just had this infectious smile, so, despite how he was feeling at the moment, he had to smile back. "I'm 16 too, and my birthday's on November 28th, and I'm pretty average I guess," He answered, feeling a bit better after getting off such a harsh topic for him, "What your favorite subject? I like Science, and History."

And thus began Erin White and Alex Mahiya's friendship. The two were a duo if there ever was any, one could hardly see one boy without the other. Maya often joked that they were attached at the hip, and was absolutely thrilled at their friendship. Though, soon someone else was thrown into their duo, effectively making it a trio.

---ONE YEAR LATER---(Alex and Erin are 17, and Ruune is 15)

Maya sat in her living room of her idly watching T.V, letting her thoughts drift off. First she thought of her husband, a human, who was apart of the Freelancers. He worked as a spy for the Neutral Zone, so he was often away in the Human Zone. She missed the man dearly, but knew he was just doing his job, though she wished he was around more for their children. Then her thoughts drifted to the two most resent additions to the Mahiya family; a pair of half-demons named Rosa and Maria. Two 15 year old girls who were almost trapped in the Demoni of all places. The woman scowled slightly...what a horrible place for children.

The two were currently entertaining her daughter, Jane, on the couch opposite of her. Jane defiantly loved the demonic twins, that was for sure. She was giggling her little baby booty off and the funny faces and tickles she was receiving. Maya smiled, the girls might have been distant the first few months, but were really starting to become part of the family.

Meanwhile, Erin sat next to Alex on the other teens bed, playing a video game of sorts. "Seriously, how the hell are you so good at this? I can't even figure out how to get my character guy to move~," The brunette whined, pouting at his best friend. Erin had really come out of his shell over the past year, especially around Alex and Coyote. While he still missed Arish and his mom, he had, for the most part, tried to put that aside and focus on the now. He shouldn't really get too caught up in the past.

------

Abel sighed, fussing over his charge's coat and scarf before they left for a friend of the demon's house. Ruune still had not said a thing since he arrived three months ago, though he seemed to be warming up to the healer. When he first got there the boy would freak out over the tinniest thing, and refused to be touched. Abel figured the only reason the small boy had even began to open up to him was that he had let the little teen cook. Ruu seemed to really enjoy cooking, and sometimes he and Abel would prepare their meals together. It gave them something to bond over at least.

Abel was also proud to say Ruune was taking to sign language rather well, and all ready knew a few phrases, and the ABCs. But...Ruu was going to be starting school soon, so the demon needed someone to help him and watch out for him. He knew Maya had a deaf niece, and her son, Alex, had learned sign language to talk with her, so he figured he would be the perfect person to look out for Ruune. He glanced out the window at the fresh sheet on snow on the pavement...he hoped starting so late wouldn't effect Ruu too badly in his school work...but Abel just wasn't comfortable with sending the boy in right away.

Ruu looked up at his guardian, he had told him they were going out to meet a friend of the man's, but the teen didn't want too, new scared him...but Abel said they were nice, and Abel was very nice too...so he'd try and trust the demon's judgement since he hadn't hurt Ruu yet. The silver haired boy grabbed hold of the demon's hand, holding on tightly as they exited the door and began to walk down the street in the cool afternoon.

Alex laughed as he pushed the buttons on the controller quickly, successfully beating Erin once again. The brunette boosted his ego on things such as fighting games. Any other time the boy couldn't beat the other player that he played against online with any character and all that other fancy stuff. Sighing the orange haired teen placed the controller down and went to shut off the game.

"You're pathetic at games Erin. It's quite funny that you can't even, as you quote 'Mooooove~'" The older teased as he added a girly tone to his voice. Placing a hand to his hip, the half fallen boy rolled his eyes and held a hand out to his friend. "Come on. I'm starving and need something to eat. I'm pretty sure mom cooked something really good about now. My sisters are really bossy as it seems and no one wants to make Maria beg." Waiting for the half demon to take his hand. Alex enjoyed his adopted sisters and it was more fun for him to have them around. If not, with him being the only child, the teen was bound to be bored later in life.

---

Coyote watched his surroundings as if something would come to harm him. This was, after all, a fighting club and others tend to get really pushy here. The eccentric man always wondered why a woman such as Maya would start a club as this. It was something that he had never asked her, but would be sure to later if he felt like doing so. Wiggling a glass around in his hand, the grey orbs stared to his womanly friend wanting a refill of liquor at the moment.

Coyote had come here more often due to the inseparable bonds that Alex and Erin shared. The two seemed almost like Siamese twins. It was nearly ridiculous how the two liked one another so much, but the older man was quite relieved that Erin opened the situations with open hands. He relished in it to be more precise. The man didn't know if he could handle a saddened kid that always thought of his past life, it would even sadden him; and as a conman Coyote had to stay on his toes.

"So, I was wondering woman." He voiced, talking to Maya. "Why do you have such a place as this? Do you conquer your fear everyday just to satisfy your customers or do the fear conquer you." Grey eyes staring to his friend.

Erin took his friend's hand, and rolled his eyes at his best friends antics. "I'm pretty sure I don't sound like that," The boy pouted, poking the other in the side as if that some how proved his point. Though, at the mention of food the half-demon teen's stomach growled slightly, he was pretty hungry.

"Anyways, how does it feel to be out numbered by the ladies," He teased lightly as they ventured down the hallway. They always enjoyed teasing each other, it was just a thing with them.

----

Maya rolled her eyes at Coyote's question, "I made this club to stick it to those pompous assholes in the Heavens," She answered simply before getting up, she needed to check on supper. She had made a large spread, not only because they had their resident conman and his young charge over, but also because Abel was dropping by with the boy he watched over. It was gonna be a full house.

"If ya want more alcohol, then get your ass over here," She called out, it was notable to say the woman had almost no filter, "Maria, Rosa, if there's a knock at the door answer it, I have some people coming over today!" The twin girls paused in their playing with Jane and nodded to their adoptive mother.

----

They soon reached the Fight Club, which had Ruune hiding behind Abel the whole time until the reached the stairs and front door to Maya's apartment. Sighing, the full demon nudged the tiny boy forward so that he was standing at Abel's side. The man then, carefully, wrapped an arm around the boy's shoulders, making sure to avoid touching his back what so ever, since it often made Ruu freak out.

Abel knocked softly at the door, and the silver haired fallen attempted to hide in the tall man's side. It was soon answered by a pair of twin girls that Ruune vaguely recognized...were they those two girls that Astaat had with her as well?

"Maya said you two can come in...but hey-," Rosa began, looking over at the hiding boy.

"Aren't you that other kid Astaat had with her when she dropped us off?" Maria finished, looking at him as well. Both frowned when they saw the boy start to fidget and whimper, hiding further in Abel's side.

Abel sighed and explained, "Yes, he is, but Ruune here is mute, and can get rather overwhelmed by people, so please don't try to ask him too much."

Both girls frowned and nodded, that was kind of sad, truthfully. Maybe they could befriend the boy somehow...though that seemed like it could be a difficult task. The twins let the pair inside, before sitting back down on the couch with their little sister. Abel lead the fallen boy inside, and hung his coat on a near by hanger before turning to help the silver haired boy with his own. Once both their coats were off and hung the snake demon brought Ruu over to sit on one of the emptier couches.

Ruu looked down at his lap, chewing his lip nervously, and wrung his hands. He really just wanted to go home at this point...he really hated being in places with lots of people. It made him very uncomfortable.