Zeto

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zeto

• YaoiLoverfangurl19

• iMarionette

In the washroom, Tanis finished his business and made his way to the sink to wash his hands. After the running water flowed over his hands and rinsed the bubbles down the drain, he took the time to splash some water over his face.

He wasn't drunk exactly. Just a little relaxed, as any decent single malt whisky ought to do. He could still walk in a straight line. Probably.

He turned off the taps and paused. Blinked hard. Once. Twice. The scene didn't change. The snake ring was practically glowing, its scarlet eyes bright and shining.

Shit. Oh shit.

The target was here. In the pub right now. But who was it? How was he going to identify the person?

And then it hit him. He knew exactly how. Tanis calmly returned to his stool and slid back into his seat.

Back in the main room, Leah finished wiping down the counter. Behind the bar, a little light on a console lit up, signalling that the back door had been opened.

Probably Ira, she thought to herself just before she saw him. "Hey kiddo. How's it going?"

Ira's eyes lit up at the sight of the woman. Perhaps he could catch a couple of hours of sleep tonight, instead of loosing them walking back to the run-down excuse of an apartment. This late, he hated being out.

Plus, he was late with his rent. Who's to say he'd be let in at all?

"Not too bad. Of course, it gets better when you're around," leaning forward against the side of the bar, Ira gave his best innocent smile. "Hey, Leah, you won't tell gramps if I stay in tonight, right?"

Zeth whas finish to read the book and rais himself up and walked out of the pub and walked back home.

Leah smiled at him indulgently, shaking his head. "Flatterer."

Ira could and probably did break a lot of hearts when he wanted to.

"Tonight? Sure thing, kiddo," she replied. Sometimes she wondered if Ira was homeless, always asking to sleep in the storage room. She had considered offering her couch to him; it was probably better than sleeping in a pub, despite being the ugliest couch she'd ever seen. She continued, gesturing to a small bowl, "I made myself some yam fries but I'm pretty full. Why don't you finish the rest?"

"It's the truth," Ira gave a shrug, cheering silently. "I get food, too? Don't mind if I do, then!" Popping a fry into his mouth, Ira took a glance around the pub. There was always a number of odd faces about; often, Ira found himself wondering what their lives were like.

He didn't envy humans. One miserable lifetime as one was enough for him. But then, not everyone here was necessarily human.

It was those individuals that Ira had to focus his attention on.

After a year, he still had little to no clue as to how to get his wings back. Hell, he didn't even know if it was possible! A couple of encounters left him empty-handed, and even of those there was not one with a fellow angel. Well, Ira supposed angels wouldn't care now.

It still hurt to be left behind.

Tanis watched as Zeth suddenly disappeared through the front door. The other man had left without even saying good-bye.

And he called me rude? The angel snorted to himself. He glanced at his ring and noticed the jewels fading back to their usual brightness.

The target had just left....The target....

Zeth?!

Hopping off his his seat, he raced outside, hoping to catch Zeth. But the dark-haired man was nowhere to be seen.

Fucking hell, Tanis thought, clenching a fist tightly.

"You know," she began slowly, an idea forming in her head. "I could always use another bartender if you need a job on the side. You get to keep your own tips and you get a free meal if you work longer than six hours."

"Huh?" Ira's eyes followed a young man at the bar; his odd, abrupt stand up and departure. A fry was held mid-air, halfway to Ira's mouth. There was something in the air, though Ira couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Another vampire, probably.

Ira didn't feel like playing the hunter today.

Or getting beaten up.

"I'm sorry, Leah, what?"

Vampire auras were different than that of ordinary humans. Ira found he could detect them since becoming a dzhiyael, even tell them apart from human and angel auras quite clearly. If he focused, that is.

No. That's not it.

It left a trace in the pub; it may have still been near. Then again, he was tired. His mind might be playing tricks on him.

Tanis hit the wall of the building, staring off into the distance.

Damnit, this blows... He turned around and headed back inside, plopping gracelessly into his seat again. He wasn't going to find Zeth tonight but he might as well finish his drink. Hopefully the other man would show up at Tony's again and soon.

...At least I have a name and face.

"I'm offering you a part-time job," she repeated, giving Ira an odd look. He was unusually distracted tonight. "A free meal for every six-hour or longer shift. Your own tips. And if you take on the responsibility of locking up at the end of the night..."

She trailed off. Let him figure out that she was basically offering to let him stay in the storage room unconditionally. She'd known Ira for quite a while now and he'd never given her any trouble.

Noticing Tanis returned, she arched an eyebrow, giving him a questioning look. "What's wrong, sugar? Did your boytoy leave you?"

Finally, Leah's words registered. Ira's gaze shifted to her in one swift motion, his eyes wide and shining. "Leah, you-!"

Ah. Wait.

His excitement melted away in a rush, almost as quickly as it came. Working in a pub, Ira would be within earshot for constant gossip and in a good position for exchange of information. But he hated sitting still. If he accepted even the six-hour shift, he'd have to be there for those six hours. As an errand boy he could run around, lay off course sometimes. There were only a couple of deliveries, timed specifically. It didn't earn him much, but it was enough to get by.

Well, Leah was a huge help there, too.

"I- thanks," Ira managed a calm expression, despite the fact he was about to refuse a free meal and a pretty decent place to sleep. "Really, everything you've done- everything you're doing for me- thanks, Leah. Haa-" a sigh, a chuckle. He was going to be just fine. "Working the bar, though- nah. I'd get thrown out before I even started. That, or a comment here and there, and your customers would be lining up to slit my throat."

Now there's something to put you off your yam fries. Ira pushed the plate away, leaning lower against the bar.

"And anyway-" pause. There it was again, that strange stir in the air. Closer. Close. Ira's head turned automatically, his gaze falling on the young man from before. Right there.

Staring was probably rude.

Scowling, Tanis snagged his Glenfiddich and drained half of it. "Not my boytoy," he growled at Leah.

She smirked but didn't comment further and tilted her head, turning to give Ira an assessing look. "Well, if you change your mind, the offer will still be there," she said to him.

Now it was Tanis' turn to give the redhead a Look. "Isn't he a bit young for you?" he asked, glancing at Ira inquisitively.

This time, he was too slow to avoid her swat.

Ira offered no reaction at first, his brow furrowing as he attempted to burn a hole in Tanis' head and see inside. Not being able to decipher the sudden source of buzzing in his ears only added to his irritation.

Sod it, it was probably the music. Chatter. White noise.

"Hmm.. but Leah is quite attractive," his features relaxing again, Ira eyed Leah carefully. "..for an older woman."

"Ow," Tanis mumbled plaintively, rubbing his scalp.

Ira reached out and lightly flicked Ira in the head. "Don't you encourage Tanis," she admonished with a laugh. "That reminds me. Tanis, meet Ira. He does local deliveries around here. Tanis is...well, I actually have no idea what he does. He just shows up here a couple of nights a week, gets plastered and drags his skinny carcass home."

"Nice to meet you," Tanis greeted, extending a hand. He didn't normally shake hands except when being properly introduced to someone.

Zeth whas finish whit dinner and said goodbye to his siblings and walked to the pub, when he come fram to the pub he so Tanis and said" hello again Tanis, how are you doing?" he asked

- - - Updated - - -

Zeth whas finish whit dinner and said goodbye to his siblings and walked to the pub, when he come fram to the pub he so Tanis and said" hello again Tanis, how are you doing?" he asked

"How exciting," Ira exclaimed flatly, but extended his hand in reply. "Like an old man whose wife and kids le- ow!"

Withdrawing his hand on contact, Ira offered no less than a look of accusation. "You shocked me." And what a shock it had been; Ira may have just as well stuck a fork into an electrical outlet. Stupid Tunis and his stupid glowing face; somehow, it was probably his fault.

Hold on. Ira blinked, watching Tanis like he was out of this world. Which he was, mind you. Soft, barely visible. But definitely there. Now that's an angel aura. Physical contact, triggering his sense? Ira certainly wouldn't complain. Not in the first fifteen seconds of his glee, anyway. Oh, bollocks.

Likewise, Tanis jerked his hand away. He hadn't been expecting that at all. "Er, sorry. Must be static electricity," he said, shrugging.

Just then, he heard a voice from behind him and he was barely able to bite back a gasp. There was no way. Not a chance in Hell...

It was.

Zeth was back.

And right on cue, Tanis noticed his ring heating up. Bingo. Without a doubt, Zeth was his objective. Now, what to do about it? He very well couldn't kill the man in the middle of the pub. Far too many witnesses.

"Uh, Zeth. Hi. I didn't expect to see you back so soon. You, well, left without even saying good-bye," he finally managed to say.

Zeth so on Tanis and said" sorry about that i lost the time when i read a book i borrowd from a friend and must hurry home to make dinner for my siblings. But Tanis why is Your snake ring glowing?" he asked.

"Hey-" too late, Tanis had already turned away from him. Ira frowned, casting a glance toward Leah. "Mentioned boytoy?"

Great timing. Though it did give Ira time to plan out his next move, this... Zeth was - cue glare towards Zeth - well.. Ira wasn't sure what, but as of now he didn't like him.

He looked like a jerk anyway.

Back to the problem at hand.

Tanis was definitely an angel. Ira needed a lead, anything that would help him find his way back. But if he were to approach Tanis privately with the subject, Ira would have to answer a couple of tricky questions as well.

Tanis would be suspicious of him. Tanis would learn he was a dzhiyael. Then what?

"My ring?" The angel didn't even glance at it as he smoothly replied, "it's glow-in-the-dark. Thought it'd look cool in clubs."

Leah fought back a snicker and failed. "Aww, looks like your boytoy couldn't stay away from you, Tanis."

Tanis' eyes widened as he felt his cheeks heat up. "For the last time, he is not my boytoy!" he exclaimed, wishing for another drink. He knew damn well that it wasn't a good idea though. No need to further impair himself with alcohol while this close to his target.

Leah took the opportunity to introduce Ira and Zeth to one another.

"Biting back a smart comeback," Ira replied, changing his grimace into a sickly sweet smile. "SO. Zeth. You come here often?"

Tapping his fingers against the bar, Ira's gaze shifted from Zeth to Tanis, then back to Zeth. "Hm~?"

Tanis nearly laughed. You come here often? was such a classic pick-up line. He wondered if Ira knew he was almost hitting on Zeth. He couldn't wait for Zeth's reply and quickly took a sip of his drink to hide his amused smile.

Zeth answert back" no this is my second time today, and Ira whis you try to pick me up it whont work because i like types such as Tanis, so dont think about it"

Ira's mouth fell open. The fuck? "Hey, don't get any ideas. I'm not hitting on you," he muttered, his features slowly contorting into another grimace. Now that he thought about it, he said something stupid, didn't he? Silly Niram. Try to watch what comes out of your mouth.

"If I was hitting you, you'd be dead."

Oops.