When You Wish Upon A Star

YAO(H)I_lover

My first time posting one of my stories here... Hope you like it ^^

Summary:What if when you wish upon a star your dreams really come true? Donna wished to see Ted, her childhood friend again. After four years it came true. She met him again, and realized that she fell in love with him. She decided to to wish upon a star once again, but will her dream come true for the second time around?

Prologue

We met fourteen years ago yet I still remember that day crystal clear. I was six at that time, and Ted was eight.

It was a sunny spring day and I had my cousins, Nigel and Vickie stay over. They both are older than me so they would always play pranks on me. That day was the same.

"Why don't we see who can climb higher on the tree? The winner gets to eat the candy we brought." said Nigel.

"If you can't climb you can't play with us." Vickie said to me.

"Of course I can." I didn't want to lose so I went with the bet. They were already on the tree, yet I was still trying to find a place low enough so I could climb up. But I was small so it didn't go well. I was just standing there desperately looking at them when a voice that came from behind me startled me.

"Can I play with you, too?" a boy standing not that far from us asked. I looked up to my cousins to see what would they say.

"It could be fun. So why not." answered Nigel. "I'm Nigel, this is Vickie and that shorty is Donna."

"I'm not a shorty." I sad while sulking. He smiled and climbed up to the first branch.

"I'm Ted." he said and held out his hand. "Let me help you climb up." I stared blankly at him. "I won't drop you, I promise." he smiled and held out his hand lower. I grabbed his hand and climbed up on the tree for the first time.

After that day we were unrepeatable. I thought that we were gonna stay be each others side forever. But all that broke apart ten years after, when his mother announced that they are gonna move to the other state. I remember that I cried myself to sleep the night before they moved. We separated with a smile and a promise...

I have Fallen...

I stopped in front the house and took out my earphones. The music was so loud, that you could hear the refrain of the song playing.

Every now and then, the stars align

Boy and girl meet by the great design

Could it be that you and me are the lucky ones...

I smiled to myself as I turned the music off and pressed the doorbell. After a few moments the door opened and Ella, my best friend let me in.

"I missed you." she said while we gave each other a big hug.

"I missed you, too. How's collage?"

"Same old, they give you a lot of unimportant things to study." she said while we went to the kitchen. She moved to the City from our little town for collage, so it's been almost two months since we saw each other. She poured the hot coffee into the cups and went to the fridge.

"Whipped cream?"

"Yes, please."

"So what's up?" she put the cups of coffee with whipped cream on the table and sat across of me. I dipped my finger in the cream, and licked it.

" I'm in love." I blurted out. She didn't say a thing so I looked up from my coffee cup and looked at her. She was grinning at me.

"It's him, right? The old friend who came back."

"How did you know?" I looked ate her confused.

"Oh, come on." she rolled her eyes, "Everyone who heard you talking about him would guess right away."

"Am I really that easy to read." I mumbled as I dipped my finger in the cream again, slightly blushing.

"Yes, you are." she took a sip from her cup and got some whipped cream on her nose. I started laughing when I noticed and offered her a tissue.

"Thanks." she said and took the tissue, "So tell me E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G."

"Well, as you know, we sometimes wrote to each other." I started. "That morning I suddenly got a text from him that said that he is in town and he will be at my house in a hour. You cam just imagine my face. I just barely woke up, and you know how disoriented I am in the mornings." I looked at her and took a sip of coffee, then continued. "So it took me a few minutes to register what have I just read. So I hurried and dressed up and cleaned my room a bit. Just when I was putting the last book on the shelf, he knocked on my door. I can't even explain you how loud my heart was beating when he was opening the door, I was so happy to finally meet him after all those years. He gave me a big hug when he saw me." I sighed and took a few more sips of coffee.

"Aww. That's so cute." she said.

"What's cute?" her mother came in. "Hello Donna. How are you?" she smiled and poured herself some coffee.

"Her kitten, Ninja." she looked and winked at me.

"Hello Mrs Anderson. I'm fine, how about you?"

"Good to hear. I'm fine, too. Busy with work, as always. Say hi to your parents when you get back home." she said, then went back to the study room.

"I will."

"So where were you-" she started but her father interrupted her when he came for coffee.

"Hello girls. Again talking about boys?" he said jokingly winking at Ella.

"Yeah, yeah." she said. "Let's better go to my room, so we won't be disturbed." I drank the last sips of my coffee and she put the cups in the dishwasher and we went to her room. I lay across her bed leaving room for her, but she sat on the floor.

"After he hugged me, we started talking. It was then, that I realized how much I missed him, his voice, his laughter. At that moment I was sure that I love him. I loved him all those years. I was just too blind to see that. We talked and talked like there is no tomorrow. It was like he never went away, there was no awkwardness at all..."

Birthday Gift

The sound of the waves mixed with laughter of the children playing near the lake. I sat along the shore enjoying the breeze that emerged with the upcoming storm.

"We should head back, before the storm starts." Ted said. He was sitting next to me, looking at the drifting storm clouds. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Yeah, you're right." We stood up and headed home.

About ten minutes from my house the rain started pouring down on us, so we started running. Ted was about two meters ahead of me, when I stopped running. I couldn't bear it anymore, my tears started falling down with the rain. He is moving away, and there is nothing I can do about it. He is further and further away from me. I stood there looking at him as he disappeared. The time seemed to stand still and I realized that this was just another dream of the day before he moved away.

Something tickled my hand so I woke up, expecting to hear my cat purring, but there was no sound at all. Then once again something tickled me.

"Wake up Sleeping Beauty." I opened my eyes and stared at the Teddy bear standing beside my bed. As I was still half asleep, it took me a minute to realize that someone was holding it.

"Wha-" I murmured.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Donna, Happy Birthday to you!" Ted grinned as he finished singing and tears started to fill my eyes.

"Gosh. Thanks!" He leaned down to hug me.

"This was not meant to make you cry." He wiped my tears away with his hands.

"You tricked me. You told me you won't make it to my birthday." I took the Teddy from his hands and hugged it. My parents walked in with a birthday cake, smiling.

"Happy Birthday, Sweety!" they said, then mom handed the cake to my dad and leaned down to kiss me.

"Thank you!"

"Dress up and come to the kitchen so we can cut the cake." she said. I got up and took out a summer dress, then looked at Ted, who was sitting on my sofa.

"So..." I sad gesturing to him that he should go out so I can dress.

"Oh, don't mind me." He said and crossed his arms.

"Ted." I said a bit louder. He raised his eyebrow and smirked, got up and ruffled my hair.

"Okay, okay." He went out and closed the door behind him. When I got ready I heard them talking, but when I went into the kitchen they stopped.

"So, what were you talking about?" I sat across Ted. Both of my parents looked at him so I did the same, although my face expression showed that I was confused.

"Well, you know how you told me, the last time I was here, that you wanted to spend the summer at my new house. So I talked to your parents."

"And?" I asked looking at them.

"You are going tonight." mom said. "That's our birthday present to you."

"Thank you. Thank you!" I happily screamed as I went to hug them. After we ate the breakfast and the cake I went to pack my suitcase.

We had bus in the evening so my parents drove us to the station. I thanked them again, then went and took my seat next to Ted.

"So, how long is the drive?" I asked.

"About ten hours."

He talked about his favorite places and told me that he is gonna show them to me. After all the excitement about the trip I got tired so I fell asleep. Ted woke me up when we arrived. After he made a phone call home, we took a Taxi. His mom, Gloria, waited for us in the gateway.

"Donna." she said hugging me. "Long time no see. You grew up to be a beautiful lady."

"Thanks Gloria, I missed you."

"Now come on in, I made breakfast for you. You're probably hungry. Leave the luggage for Ted." I followed her to the kitchen. He took the suitcase to the guest room and joined us for breakfast. I was washing the dishes, when the doorbell rang. Ted went to open the door and I heard him talking to someone.

"Donna, can you come here. I want you to meet someone." I heard him calling me.

"I'll finish it up." said Gloria. I wiped my hands and went to the hallway.

"Donna, I'd like you to meet my friend Brittany. Brittany, she's Donna, my childhood friend."

"Hi!"A tall blonde girl looked at me and smiled. The way she looked at me made me realize. She was in love with Ted, too.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YAO(H)I_lover

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic