Even If Death Do Us Apart (Arawn) 1x1

tuti

Mike closed his eyes and sighed contently as Adair tenderly kissed his forehead. Love and be loved felt wonderful, he wanted nothing less nor nothing more than this moment of happiness. But his eyes opened wide after hearing Adair's last words and all the joy and happiness he was feeling came to a sudden stop. "What do you mean?!" He asked a little bit agitated. "We are finally together...I won't let you leave!" Mike sobbed clinging on Adair for dear life. How could he leave him? How could he go on with his life in a world without Adair in it? "If you leave me...please take me with you." He whispered.

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tuti

• Arawn_Bheur

Adair gently brushed back Mike's hair and softly cupped his chin in his hand as he shook his head, watching Mike sadly. "No, I'm not going to take you," he whispered softly. He couldn't do that to him. Mike was young and still had so much to offer the world. "I can't. I'm dead, but you're not...You have so much life to live and I...I...I can't let that end, I can't be the reason...You're going to become a chef and you're going to live..."

Adair looked down and he shook his head again. "Please don't do this," he whispered, voice choked with tears.

• Like 1

Mike opened his mouth to protest but instead he wrapped his arms over the other boy's neck and did what he always dreamt of doing, he kissed Adair. The one thing he had always longed for finally happened, funny how he had to go through so much pain and suffering before finally getting it. Adair's lips and mouth was cold but the kiss was the most sweet and tender thing he had ever felt in his entire life. Slowly he reached up with his left hand placing it against Adair's cheek as he deepened the kiss. Despite the cold touch, Mike's body temperature began to rise and he had to break the kiss in order to catch his breath.

Panting he leaned his head against Adair's chest and hugged him tightly. "I can't believe we waited so much for this..." He said with a red face and sighed not wanting to let go of Adair. But apparently faith was really against them and instead of feeling the solid body of Adair he fell right through the other boy's form.

He could still see him but he could no longer touch him. "Adair!" He cried and tried desperately to touch the boy he loved so much with no success. "Don't go yet! I have so much to tell you....please don't go!" He cried desperately.

• Like 1

Adair didn't flinch or freeze at the kiss. He pulled Mike close to him, holding him, not wanting to let go. The feeling of the softness of the other's lips, of the feelings of love, were almost too much to bear, but he kissed him back. He finally had what he had always wanted, he finally had the other close to him, finally had made it known how he felt. As the kiss broke off, he gently smiled and he brushed back a strand of Mike's hair, a touch filled with tenderness and care.

He felt Mike less and less as his own form slowly started to slip from existence. He couldn't stop even with the cries from Mike. He reached out and just let his finger tips stroke down Mike's cheek. He could barely feel the soft skin, but he would remember the feeling.

"I love you, Mike," he whispered softly, smiling at the man he had longed to be with for so many years. He felt himself being pulled back into nothing, and into everything, being pulled back into the warmth that was made of white light. He could go because he had found what he had been looking for. He gave a farewell smile before his form slipped from sight and he was pulled away.

• Like 1

Mike felt his heart brake into millionth of pieces and nodded at Mike. "I love you too, so much!" He said between sobs. How many tears can the human body produce in one single night? "You better keep loving me..." He said still crying helplessly. He wanted to be strong for Adair, but he never was a strong person to begin with. He always had Adair to rely on, to protect him from whatever was bothering him.

But his resolve was slowly crumbling down as Adair became less and less visible. "I love you Adair! No matter how much time I have to wait I'll always think of you as the only one I'd ever loved!" He yelled in case Adair couldn't hear him before completely disappearing in thin air.

Mike wrapped his arms around himself in a hug as he cried helplessly. Adair was now gone for real, his loved one and best friend. He looked up to the starry night and smiled through his tears. His feelings for Adair weren't one-sided, Adair loved him too. Even though they'll be apart for now, he was sure that they'll meet again one day and then they'll be together forever. He slowly stood up from the ground and wiped the tears away with the back of his hand. There was no need for crying, Adair wasn't gone. He'd always be in his heart and mind; and he was sure that Adair will always look down on him from wherever he was. He looked up in the sky one more time and smiled brightly. "Until we meet again." He whispered.

---30 years later---

After placing the last cake behind the showing glass, Michael Freeman walked to the door and turned the 'closed' sign of his pastries restaurant to 'open'. He then walked back behind the register and waited for the first costumer of the day to come by. As he waited, he couldn't help let his mind wander in thoughts of the past. After Adair died tragically, Mike finally decided to stand against his father's wishes and quit college. Despite his father been completely furious about it, he enrolled in a cooking academy and even went to France to learn the skills of pastries. When he came back he worked at many high class restaurants and became so famous that he soon started his own business.

But that was his career, now his personal life was something different. Despite being so successful in life, at the age of 51 he was still a bachelor. Always dating beautiful women but never proposing. Some people say that his heart belonged to someone else, someone he could never have. And that rumor was half true, indeed his heart belonged to someone else that was far from his reach but he still believed they'd finally meet one day.

Just then the sound of the door being pushed open was heard, stopping his train of thoughts. He stood straight up and smiled widely at his customers and greeted them. "Welcome!"

The end?

• Like 1