Question about Vassalord

Sasunarufan13

I hope this belongs in the right thread - if not please excuse me :cuteonion53:

Anyway, recently I found volume 1 to 4 from Vassalord and have read them all. Now I know that Tokyopop has stopped producing any other manga, but is there a chance that Vassalord will be picked up by another company? Also, are there only four volumes published?

I tried to search for the other chapters online, but I couldn't find any. Does this mean that the mangaka put the manga on hold or have they just not translated the rest?

Sorry for all these questions, but I'm quite curious :cuteonion53:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tuti

• Sasunarufan13

• Arawn_Bheur

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Mafia TurtleCake Scans is still translating the manga. As a matter of facts today they uploaded chapter 22. ^^ Hope this helps :)

Thanks :D I was already thinking that was another serie they stopped translating like Junjo Romantica -_-

There are 5 published manga that I know of. The 5th one, however, isn't in English from what I can tell -- or it's hard to find an English copy to buy. I really want it so I'm hoping it hurries up. I've read it on Manga Fox and I think I read part of 6 on there, but I can't remember.

I want to own the physical copies, though.

Oh my god, why didn't I think of mangafox before? *smacks head* I found the fifth on it, thanks :) Yeah while I occassionaly read manga online, I like to hold the copies in my hand LOL Of course thanks to that little quirk, my room is now stuffed with mangas and books ^^;

Lol! XD My bookshelf is slowly starting to become overwhelmed with manga now that I have extra money. xD I just love having it in my hand so I can read it anywhere.

There's nothing like having a hard-copy manga in your hands, but I fear the future of manga will be digital and not print. Digital manga is cheaper in many levels for both the publishing company and the reader (no extra costs like shipping and digital manga is cheaper that print in general)

I know right! A lot of people read manga online because they don't have to pay then, but that's depriving a mangaka from his hard earned money that he/she deserves in my opinion. Plus it's easier to just grab a manga to read in a train, car or in a classroom instead of a laptop or so XD My mom and I joke that by the time I move out and get my own place, there will already be one room totally dedicated to manga alone XD

Whenever I can, I purchase manga digitally from actual publishers. For example, even though I already own printed vol 1-5 of Sex Pistols published by BLU before it went down, I also bought the digital version of vol1-3 from SUBlime because I want to support that manga and I want them to continue with it. But it seems very unlikely that they'll release printed versions of it T.T

Furthermore, we now have E-readers, they work just like a book the only difference is that they are lighter.

My e-reader only allows you to access books through the store of the e-reader. You can't put anything else on it. =( I wish I could, but I can't. I think I might just want to get a small tablet instead to download/buy manga on. My main issue is that it's hard to read something digitally for a long time, at least for me. I know others in the same boat so if everything goes digital then there are going to be a lot of very unhappy people.

True, I actually have mixed feelings about it. Digital manga is healthy for my wallet but hard copies are nice to have, you know, have a wall full of manga collections -day-dreaming-