So, does anyone know of any bookstores that sell yaoi manga?

eadricson

Ever since Borders went out of business I haven't been able to find any yaoi manga anywhere. I've been met straight up rudeness at Barnes & Nobles.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tuti

• Sasunarufan13

• Jin.

• Kai.

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem >.

Borders staff were really friendly and helpful, but at Waterstones... one mention of yaoi and the staff become complete bitches. XD

I don't know any other places to buy it, exept if you live in the city, larger comic stores will sell a little. I actualy found a load in a old bookstore one time, it's just a matter of luck...

I dont know if it depends on the people that run the store but i've found some yaoi books in Books a Million near me, it's a small section but they have them

Anyone who associates with Barnes & Noble will sell it. Stores such Books-A-Million sell it as well as Hastings. You might even be able to find some at FYE, but I haven't been in an FYE in years and they are exclusively found in malls, if I am not mistaken, therefore their selection will be small (but I know they sell hentai anime, so it's still not a bad bet).

Off-Topic: Heck-to-the-yes, Detroit. I am from Michigan (though I do not live there currently) and I lived a mere 30 minutes outside of Detroit. Pardon the interruption, you may now return to your regular scheduled programming.

Blackwell’s bookstore is a good place to try when buying yaoi manga. You shouldn’t have a problem as long as you are over the necessary age requirement when it comes to purchasing it. As for the staff, most of the time they are really friendly but maybe once or twice you will get a weird look from them, depending on what you are buying >_>;;; but then again you shouldn’t really care about what others think xD

Waterstones is also a good place but I’ve noticed each store is different when it comes to manga as some stores sell more than others so you probably won’t find much yaoi manga depending on what store you visit, so it’s probably best to buy it online from their website instead as you will probably have much better luck on there. (:

@Kai. I never heard of Blackwells... is it a large store?

I ordered a bit of yaoi from Waterstones online, but had to pay a shipping fee since it was from america. It was easier just buying from amazon or ebay. (although I now have two german manga through careless amazon ordering lol)

In London there is a shop called Mitsukoshi that sells a lot of yaoi manga , but it's in Japanese >.

@Chia Yeah it is a large store, I think probably a similar size to Waterstones. Many of their bookshops are based on university campuses though but I’m pretty sure there are stores across the UK as well.

oh right, well like you said, it would be easier buying it from Amazon and Ebay instead then having to pay for a shipping fee =/ when you can easily get the shipping for free xDD

I can say there are many yaoi mangas or implicit yaoi mangas in manga stores around me. And an unexpected thing was i can found some yaoi manga and novel in central bookstore in my city. My first yaoi manga i bough was BANANA FISH

Is there anyone haven't read it yet? u should read it then.

as far as i remember, final vol made me lose my appetite and i shout the word 'why' rabbit1

• 1 month later...

I only know one site where I get my yaoi manga and that is Archonia; it ships worldwide and it has a large collection :)

Huh...I've never had an issue with "Barnes and Noble". You can also shop online at Amazon.com or go to Yaoi-Club.com for manga.

Well there's SUBlime manga where you can purchased digital and hard print manga, but you should check the shipping information because I don't know about that. And there's also Yaoi Kingdom, a yaoi bookstore in the UK. Their shipping prices are reasonable (to me). Hmm I know about one here in the Netherlands but their list of yaoi material is not that long.

Eppo stripwinkel in Eindhoven, they mostly sell American comics, but it has a section for manga where you can find popular yaoi titles like JR and Koisuru Boukun.

• Like 1

Seriously? O_O I didn't know that. Mind, I don't live in the Netherlands, but I usually know the most interesting shops in other countries LOL

Thanks for the reply :)

Never been in the Eppo, I don't live that far from Eindhove but when having a worrying mom about going alone with the train is troublesome.