Cannot quote posts

yojichan

Hello there!

Whenever I try to 'multi-quote' or 'reply with quote' as I make posts in the forum.

This is what I only get.

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}

I am wondering what the problem could be and whether if I'm only an isolated case.

Has anyone been experiencing this too?

Thank you for addressing this query. :)

• Like 1

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• yojichan

• passioncakes

• chiakaiyuki

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I know where the problem is. In the new platform there is an automatic quote in PMs. So, I wanted to disable that, but it automatically disabled all the quotes.

This way, in order to quote a message, you'd have to copy the post you want to quote and press the Quote button

2zz15jp.jpg

But we can't have both. So, either automatic quotes in PMs, either we'd have to quote posts using the Quote button.

I hope that in the next vBulletin version (which is in work at the moment) this issue will be fixed.

• Like 3

Using just the quote button dosnt show who the quote is from right? If you put

it shows the name. Like this:

This way, in order to quote a message, you'd have to copy the post you want to quote and press the Quote button

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious XD

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Using just the quote button dosnt show who the quote is from right? If you put it shows the name

i think i know now how to use it chia hehehehe

Yeah, you got it. At first you've maybe forgotten to close the tag, as it should look like this:

............(The post you want to quote instead of dots)................[/QOTE]

Note: Write 'QUOTE' at the end as well, not 'QOTE' as I wrote, but else the code example would have disappeared