Say No to ACTA

Macys

After PIPA and SOPA, which were both put on hold after the massive protests on the Internet, now comes ACTA.

For those who don't know, ACTA is even worse than PIPA and SOPA.

Basically no sharing site will exist anymore, all the downloads will be prohibited, people caught uploading material could go to jail.

Not to mention that people won't be even able to have copyrighted material not even in their iPods or laptops.

It seems the law will be voted these days in the European Parliament.

It's the last chance to stop it.

What we can do is call or send an e-mail to the representative senators of our countries in the European Parliament and tell them to vote against ACTA.

Here is a list of the representatives for each country who will vote and their e-mails and phone numbers.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Besides, you can also sign the

• Like 24

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mixlol

• YaoiLoverfangurl19

• Jin.

• Saga

I signed the petition! These people want to kill the internet! :Red_fox5:

Hope we can stop this law too, if not the succes with PIPA and SOPA would be in vain :(

• Like 1

I voted ofc... And I wanna send a message to Keith Taylor, but I'm no good at that sort of thing. Maybe I'll just write

SAY NO TO ACTA hehe

Here's what I wrote -

SAY NO TO ACTA

I shall keep this short as I know you must be very busy at this time.

Please see reason and do not endorse ACTA, as this would have a detrimental effect on not only the internet, but the whole world. The uproar caused by this would be terrible. Already thousands of people have expressed their displeasure on internet censorship, and the lack of free speech they will be experiencing in the future. You simply cannot allow this to come to pass. So please, in the upcoming vote,

Say No To ACTA.

Maisie Fraser

Resident of the United Kingdom and believer in freedom on the internet.

I just hope it helps...

• Like 9

:8onion74:

Sign&Share the

petition:

More!!!

Stop Internet Censorship! Sign the urgent global petition

urging the EU Parliament to reject ACTA:

• Like 6

I also sent a message, something like Chiakaiyuki's message to the senators from my country. There are more senators for each country and all of them will vote, so I sent the same message to all of them :D

• Like 5

I have wrote no to ACTA too. Go to my twitter to say no to ACTA. Here is the link:

• Like 3

thanks for letting us know about the petition! i already sign obviously!

i don't think they know the consequences of this!!

the world wide situation this days is not very good... with the crises and everything...

doing this will make the population even more frustrated!

they want to end piracy!

They say it is a crime!

sure thing... but when they "kill" internet they will be increasing the real piracy!! obviously most people will start trying to buy the same products but turning to other methods... like Black Market, for example.

so if ACTA does pass.... well... i wonder if there will be enought prisons...

P.S.

Do you have a Twitter? then you need to check this:

:5yoyo32:

+ Join

!

• Like 3

Yes i have Twitter and thanks for the information NovaHart And im full stending enig whit you about that one shirotsuki:-)

• Like 1

Thanks for the twitter info!

ACTA is getting on my nerves, and my country hasn't even signed up for it. I rely on other countries to be able to post freely, if Britain signs up...all my beloved BBC shows...No I can't even consider the outcome. ACTA must be stopped!

@YaoiLoverfangurl19 - "full stendig enig" ? Where are you from, dear? If you don't mind me asking. Because that part of the sentence looks Scandinavian, and I live in Scandinavia XD

Hello nicicia nice to meet you, Of course you can ask me that, Im from Norway and can speak, write english litte bitt. So sorry whis my English is bad.

Hello nicicia nice to meet you, Of course you can ask me that, Im from Norway and can speak, write english litte bitt. So sorry whis my English is bad.

Cool. I was starting to wonder if I was the only Norwegian on this forum! haha XD :) Nice to meet you. Hyggelig å møte deg ^^

WOW you can speak Norwegian nicicia (WOW du kan snakkes norsk) Thats cool, me to thenkte at i whas only Norwegian girl on this forum. (det er kul, dett samme for me thenkte at jeg var det eneste Norsk jenta på denne Forumen).

WOW you can speak Norwegian nicicia (WOW du kan snakkes norsk) Thats cool, me to thenkte at i whas only Norwegian girl on this forum. (det er kul, dett samme for me thenkte at jeg var det eneste Norsk jenta på denne Forumen).

Haha, the mix of English and Norwegian reminds me of 'The Julekalender' XD I don't know if you have seen it. It was on TV2 a few years ago :p