what was your reaction when you first saw yaoi?

olibolie12

My first reaction was "what the heck is this??" But now im like "Omg its my Yaoi manga/anime!!! \(^.^)/"

- - - Updated - - -

My first reaction was "what the heck is this??" But now im like "Omg its my Yaoi manga/anime!!! \(^.^)/"

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• raniechan

• Rei

• katsunek9

• Senji

Well my friend introduced me to it, and apparently I thought it was disgusting at first, I didn't look at it until I watched No. 6. Loved that anime! I became obsessed with it after that.

When I first saw yaoi I laughed like crazy for no reason and I was like "What is wrong with me,why am I watching this and why am I laughing".

After that I became addicted and now I like it very much.:D

• 3 weeks later...

I hid my face in my pillow and silently screamed like a maniac with a big grin on my face, calmed down read the next few pages and did it all over again. I still can't handle certain scenes no matter how many times i've seen something like that scene over a lot of times I just can't help myself. :hamtaro-005 (5):

• 4 weeks later...

The first manga I ever saw was totally captivated and I discovered on a journey to my high school library. I was looking for manga before I only read shojo and shonen. I though "gee, this looks cool" I found the book to be interesting. At first terms like "pitcher" "catcher" "bimbo" XD etc were so rare and I realized it was yaoi. I had no guts to check it out I wen teveryday during lunch and after school to go look at the manga and found myself enveloped in it. I then re read the volumes almost 9 times until I understood and from there on I search, it helps to have super perverted friends that plug the drama in your ear while reading it XD

totally-captivated-921130.jpg

This one is an example how naive I was I never realized until later that that was his... XD

• 4 weeks later...

At first I was disgusted cause it was a bunch of heavy vulgar fanfics and I was like "what the hell?" and my face was super red. I was embarrassed and couldn't believe people wrote that kind of stuff. Now nothing surprises me in yaoi

Mesmerized? Well I had to be. I like sketching.. When I was browsing through my friends newly bought sticker I just stumble upon Get Backer characters in a provocative pose and somehow I couldn't take my eyes of it. And ever since it feels like I was missing something.. That's when I know I already fell so hard on yaoi.. I couldn't take my mind off it...

• 4 months later...

If I had to describe my reaction when I first saw yaoi mangas, let's just say if I were to be an anime character, I would've had a nosebleed >.

• 1 month later...

DAY-UM!

But seriously, I can't remember the exact reaction, it was almost 18 years ago.

I'm guessing it was favorable otherwise I probably wouldn't still be doing it.

~Megs

To be honest, it was the first time I was watching JR and it kind of shocked me that it was a Yaoi and not a Shoujo. Then there came SIH and I was more like "WOHA". But I rewatched it and kind of fangirled. So yeah.

Fist time that I was watching something homo was "Gravitation" It was like "They´re kissing!! I can live with that"

And without consciousl, I wanted to see more and more about that guyxguy

So my first yaoi was "Haru wo daiteita".

It has honestly been so long ago... //counts//, probably around 5 years when I first discovered it. Most likely I accidentally stumbled upon something, finding it strange at first. But, I must've enjoyed it, because here I am today! xD

for me, it was like..

"oh, How do you pronounce it??

A genre focusing on romantic or sexual relationships between male characters?????

so there's something like this.eh!!

ok, let's give it a try..!"

then, i got hook. the rest is history..

I was like..."Hello there sexy~"...okay maybe not quite like that, but I do know that I liked it the first time I saw it. :hamtaro-005 (6):

• 1 month later...

I was surprised how caught up I got! It took me a few years to come across other people whom watch it. I still blush and can't look away!

For me the first time i saw it was during high school and at first i thought 'no way that's gross' and then i took a peek and here i am a proud fujoshi eheheh.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just like "aww that's so adorable!"

At the time that I first started reading yaoi/yuri stuff, I just saw them as normal relationships, so it was different. Now, even though I still do, I get this rush of pride like YES! QUEER PRIDE!! It's kind of funny how my friends can tell I'm reading BL because I'm probably radiating rainbows, haha... Maybe I never found it weird because I'm bisexual? Hm. :/