[Haru's Amai]

Destiny.Fate

Hahaha funny chapter :D I have forgotten about Tatsuya and Naoki.. Now I understood some things :p

Matti you're so bad.... how could you forget Tatsuya and Naoki.... :(

haha! just kidding!! :D it is indeed a funny chapter... i hope you like it! :D

• Like 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Destiny.Fate

• Aoi

• Matti_19

• Belita

Ahahhah, i was gonna swear he was truly a criminal O_o

Great great work guys, i loved it...

BIG kiss :***

Yeah! does it means that i got the "feeling" correctly? :D

thanks for loving it!!!

Yey~! Really interesting ^0^

Can't wait to see what will happen : P

haha! Thanks for liking it!! :D

and hey! Is this the first time you're commenting on my fic? (i hope i didn't remember wrongly...) Thanks for reading!! :D

Chapter 04

23jvip.jpg

711mkz.jpg

=== === === === === === === === === === === === === === === === ===

"Hey, why is there a kitten in here?" A kitten suddenly appeared in the kitchen, causing everyone in the shop to stop what they were doing and started to crowd around. Even Shiroyama came into the kitchen.

"Where is it where is it?"

"Oh… what lovely thing! We can keep it?" Hiro-kun, the newcomer of Haru Amai asked politely.

"You can try to think harder, kid!"

"But why?! The kitten is such a poor soul…." Hiro-kun held the newborn kitten in hand just like a baby. "Are you people really that cruel?"

"We are not cruel, kid. Young master is."

"Someone called for me?" Masamune suddenly appeared behind the crowd and spoke.

"Master!" Everyone dispersed the moment they saw the Masamune, leaving only Hiro-kun, who is carrying the newborn kitten in arm.

=== === === === === ===

"Young master’s really cruel. How could he bear to throw the kitten away!"

"That’s right!!"

For god’s sake! Young master is cruel indeed! Shiroyama walks out of the shop as he ponders. He brought along some dried fish with him, thinking that although they couldn't keep it, but the least that he could do is to give the little one something to eat.

Shiroyama was looking for the kitten for a while around the shop, until he hears the sound of the kitten and was towards the direction. As he walk, the sound gets clearer and louder. When he finally saw it, he saw Masamune there and he held the kitten up as he walked away. Don’t tell me Young master is going to…… Afraid of his own thoughts, Shiroyama couldn’t help but followed behind Masamune. After a walk for about half an hour, they came to a dilapidated hut. What is Young master going to do with the kittens? Could it be like what the other’s said, he is going to “do it”?!

While Shiroyama is confused in thoughts and his imagination has run wild, Masamune has entered the hut. Shiroyama followed, leaving a safe distance in between them, and tried to sneak a peek into the hut.

"Oh my, isn’t this Boc-chan? Why are you here so early?"

"Oba-chan, I have a kitten here." Masamune placed the cat in the hands of the Oba-chan as he speaks.

"Ah ~ I see..." The next moment, lots of cats and dogs came swarming out from the small wooden room, into the hall, crowding around the Masamune and the Oba-chan. Many of them seem to have difficulties in walking; as though they were injured, and some seem to be crippled. But all of them seem to like Masamune. They were all wagging their tail when they see him.

"Oba-chan, here’s some money. I’ll leave everything in your care for now. Naoki will come by in a few days’ time for more."

"That’s enough that’s enough! I still have leftovers from what Boc-chan has previously given me."

"You have an additional mouth to feed now, the expenses is there, isn’t it?"

Hmmm…Young master isn’t as bad as what the others have said… Shiroyama thought. In fact, he has a very good heart…

=== === === === === ===

Winter

Icing cold wind blew, informing the change of seasons.

Naoki, who wore thick winter clothing, went out to the store to buy some supplies. On the way back, he saw the patrolling team across the street. Sure enough, Sanada Tatsuya is walking at the front of the team.

"He’s still so cool!! He still looks so smart, even with that scarf around.” Naoki worships Tatsuya. And suddenly, an idea got up to him. He… He wants to learn kendo!

Naoki sudden idea brought forth some excitement. Without thinking more, he went directly to Tatsuya.

"Tatsuya-taichou! Please teach me kendo!" Follow by that, Naoki gave a prefect ninety-degree bow.

"!!" Tatsuya was shock by Naoki’s act. He look toward his guys, they were all curious and looking at them. "You guys go on first; I'll catch up with you."

"Yes Sir!"

This kid, what does he want this time... "You... What do you want?" Tatsuya folded his hands in front of his chest, looked Naoki as he asked.

"Please teach me kendo! Onegaishima-su!"

Kendo? Teach him? Unless I’m looking for trouble! "No way."

"EH!!! WHY?!!" Naoki was surprised. He never thought that he would be rejected.

"No way means no way." Tatsuya didn’t say much, he just walked over Naoki, and continued on his patrol route.

There’s nothing Naoki could do, he didn’t want to disturb Tatsuya’s duty too. Hence he returned back to the store, dejected. The minute he steps into the store, the original dejected Naoki found his eyes glowed when he saw Shiroyama seated there.

"Shiroyama-nii!" After putting down all the items he bought, Naoki immediately ran to Shiroyama. "Shiroyama-nii! Please help me!" Naoki once again gave a perfect ninety-degree bow.

Shiroyama was working – food tasting – when Naoki approached. "Uh... Help you?"

"Please help me to put in some good word to Tatsuya-taichou so that he would teach me kendo!"

"You want to learn kendo?" Hmmm… But Tatsuya is not the only choice… "Actually, I could teach…"

"Right! Ever since I was rescued in the restaurant, I really really respect him! So I hope that one day, just like him, I……" Naoki went on with his speech for his feelings towards Tatsuya, leaving Shiroyama with no chance to interrupt… "… Become a useful person! So Shiroyama-nii! You’ve got to help me!"

"Alright... Alright... I help you. I’ll help." Guess i couldn't finish this meal if I didn’t agree to help him…

=== === === === === ===

A few days later, Shiroyama arranged for Tatsuya to come by their shop.

"Wow, is this a miracle? You asked me out?" As a good friend of Shiroyama, Tatsuya couldn’t help it but joke with a little sarcasm in it.

"Haha... I need a favor from you." Shiroyama sat down in front of Tatsuya after he prepares a pot of tea.

"You look serious? What is it?" Picking up the tea cup, Tatsuya took a sip of the tea.

"You...... Can you teach Naoki Kendo?"

"Poof ------!" This is it?! Tatsuya can’t help but sput all the tea he drank upon hearing the request.

"What’s wrong? He is sincere in doing it!"

"No... It’s just... Troublesome." Tatsuya embarrassedly wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

If you don’t agree, then it will be very troublesome for me… Recalling Naoki’s speech a few days ago, Shiroyama could not help but shiver.

Tatsuya was thinking too… He doesn’t hate that kid. It’s just… He’s too troublesome.

"He really wants to learn Kendo. He really wants to learn it from YOU." This is the first time Shiroyama saw Naoki being so serious about one thing ever since he join Haru Amai. It is obviously not a joke.

Tatsuya didn’t think that it was a joke too. He left after he rejected Naoki that day. What surprised him was Naoki did not catch up with him, pestering him, like how he had expected him to do. So he turn back, and was taken aback when he saw Naoki acted like a dejected lost puppy, with the ears and tail down... If they really exist…

"Tatsuya. Tatsuya! What are you thinking about?" Shiroyama noticed that Tatsuya seems to be deep in thought as he was not responding to what he said.

"Well... Tell him to come by the Kendo House tomorrow evening." Give that kid a chance maybe? Let’s try…

To be Continued...

• Like 10

This....is wonderful...

Flow reading, great story and great plot...

I really really loved it *___*

And yes the drawings are so so good... They fit the story like a glove...

Thank you goki and DF, please do keep amazing us :p

KISSSUUUU *____*

• Like 1

@Bloody, Aoi & Belita -

*ninety-degree bow*

Thank you everyone!! :D I hope that the story is not getting boring yet...

Seriously, thank you!! :)

Chapter 05

"Now, if you want to master Kendo, you need to first learn the Ashi-Sabaki*." Naoki was perspiring a lot when Tatsuya stood in front of him with the formal uniform of Kendo as he spoke. Humph! With just THIS amount of warming up exercise and he’s getting so exhausted?!

Drops of sweat rolled down Naoki cheeks. He thought: Fiiiiinaaaaally~~~

Today is Naoki’s sixth day here. He really wanted to believe that Tatsuya is teaching him seriously. Yet, six days have passed since he first came, and all he had learned were only warming-up exercise?!

On the first day, Naoki left for home after Tatsuya taught him some warming up exercises. He was all excited and enthusiastic that he bugged Nee-san and Shiroyama-nii so much just to show them what he had learnt. In the end, he became the joke of the year and that made nee-san laughed hard.

So he when to the Kendo House the next day, asking Tatsuya – softly - :"What you have taught me yesterday… They are in fact only warm-up exercises aren’t they?"

Naoki ended up being chased out by Tatsuya. He had no choice but to keep apologizing and to accept Tatsuya’s ‘lecture’ regarding the Concept & Purpose* of Kendo for nearly two hours.

"The concept of kendo, is that it is a way to discipline the human character through the application of the principles of the katana. The purpose of kendo, is to mold the mind and body. To cultivate a vigorous spirit. Through correct and rigid training to strive for improvement in the art of Kendo......."

=== === === === === ===

"The first step is called Suri-Ashi*. I will demonstrate it once to you so you better watch carefully." Then, Tatsuya explained the postures and actions needed to be done ans demonstrated them to Naoki. "Now, you try."

[THUD! ] It didn’t take long before the sound of hitting a Shinai* arise.

"Wrong! Lift your heels slightly! Again!"

[THUD! ]

"Are you a thief?! Why are you walking while tipping your toes? Again!"

[THUD! ]

"Wrong! Again!"

[THUD! ]

"Tatsuya-taichou!! It hurts!!" Stroking the calf that has been hit on, Naoki looked at Tatsuya in tears.

"Do a good job if you’re afraid of getting hurt! Again! Do not bend your knees!"

=== === === === === ===

When Naoki got home, the moon is already shining high up in the sky. Naoki walked slowly back to his room, and fell to the bed the moment he enters the room.

"Sigh... Kendo really isn’t suitable for everyone..." Before long, Naoki slowly drift off into sleep. And when he woke up the next morning, he didn’t feel that those legs belong to him.

=== === === === === ===

Shiroyama was about to leave the shop in the evening when Midori saw and followed him. "Shiroyama-san?"

"Oh, Midori. What’s wrong?"

"Are you going out?"

"Yeah. I was intending to visit Naoki in the Kendo House."

"I see... Mind if I join?"

"Sure." So the two walked towards Tatsuya’s Kendo House together.

"What were you doing… before we met?" Half-way through the journey, Midori asked. After realizing that Shiroyama seems to be hesitant about the topic, she hurriedly explained. "There’s no other meaning! You don’t have to say it if you don’t want to."

Shiroyama said nothing, but smiled gently. "Do you know why Naoki seems so keen to learn Kendo?"

"It might be due to our father. Father used to be a samurai. When Naoki was still very young, father would always let him get hold some branches, and show him how to hold them as Katana. Since childhood, he had worshipped father a lot, which perhaps explain why did he admired Tatsuya-taichou as well. "

"So currently, your father..."

"He passed away a few years ago."

"I’m sorry... Um.... What kind of person is Young Master?"

"Young Master? Sigh… Young Master is really not as bad as everyone said. Our late old madam passed away when he’s very young. And later Master remarried and gave birth to a Second Young Master. He is currently studying abroad, while Master and Madam are travelling around. "

"Oh..."

As they chat, they finally came to the Kendo House. They have originally thought of seeing Naoki actively participate in training. But what they saw was…

"What’s wrong? Tired?! You’ve only done a little so now get up on continue!" Tatsuya having a Shinai resting on his shoulder, stood in front of Naoki, looking at him.

"Taichou!! It’s really tiring!!" Naoki sat down on the floor as he grumbles, refusing to get up.

"Fujiwara Naoki!" With his eyebrows raised, Tatsuya stared at Naoki with his eyes wide open.

"Sigh..." Realizing that Tatsuya seems to have gotten really angry, Naoki reluctantly stood up. "Alright alright, I’ll continue, please don’t be angry."

Naoki stood up once again to accept Tatsuya’s ‘hell-like’ training.

Seeing that Naoki was hit by the Shinai again and again aches Midori’s heart. Shiroyama, who is also looking at the same situation, felt puzzled. Tatsuya has been a very patient trainer. But towards Naoki, Tatsuya didn’t seem to be acting himself. Shiroyama couldn’t help but wanting to help Naoki out, so he began his pace, and walk towards the poor guy.

"Naoki! Tatsuya!"

"Shiroyama-nii!!" It’s as though the lost dog have found it’s way home, Naoki appeared to be excited.

"Naoki, come here."

"Hmm? Okay."

"I’ll teach you some tactics."

Shiroyama could not bear to see Naoki suffering under the ‘torture’ of Tatsuya, so he decided to give him some tips as he whispered them into his ear.

"Ah... Oh..."

"Go ahead! Teach him, Haha. I wouldn’t think you could teach him anything amazing judging from the fact that you haven’t been using your Kendo in anywhere..."

Naoki and Tatsuya have decided on a small match after Shiroyama told Naoki some of the tips. Initially, Tatsuya didn’t think that anything can be learned in such a short time. But when Naoki escaped the first attack of his, Tatsuya felt frustrated. Great, GREAT! Since you are doing so ‘well’, I don’t think I’ll have to hold back as well!

Tatsuya’s movement became faster. He did not try to hold back anymore, leaving Naoki with absolutely no chance of countering his movements. When he realized that he has given his all out in this meaningless match, his Shinai is now moving in the direction of Naoki. Shiroyama noticed too, that Tatsuya have no means – or is unable to - to halt his movement, he rushed forward, grabbing Naoki’s Shinai and block off Tatsuya’s attack in the nick of time.

"Are you crazy! Why are you being so serious with a kid?! Do you want his life?!"

Tatsuya has also recovered and found him actions abnormal. It really did seem that he had went overboard. He looked over Shiroyama’s shoulder and saw Naoki standing behind him. When their eyes met, Naoki fell to the ground.

"Look at what you’ve done! He’s shocked!"

=== === === === === ===

Naoki woke up and find himself surrounded by a bunch of people. Tatsuya is one of them too.

"Naoki. Now that I’ve seen that you’re really serious in learning, from tomorrow onwards, I will give in my all to teach you as well."

After hearing Tatsuya’s words, Naoki can’t help but cry out in his hearts. "…… From now on? So, the trainings that I’ve gotten from him up until now, what are those?!!!"

=== === === === === ===

To be Continued...

Writer's Note!

Ashi-Sabaki - It meant "footwork" in Kendo.

Concept & Purpose of Kendo - I didn't write everything down, there's more. So if you're interested to know, click

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
to read them. :)

Suri-Ashi - It is one of the footwork in Kendo. Click

for alot more information! :)

Shinai - It's weapon used for practice and competition in kendo representing a Japanese sword. Click

for the picture.

• Like 7

@Aoi - ohhhh, that put me at ease... :p I was afraid that this chapter is too technical that it bored everyone. XD Thanks thanks!!

• Like 1

I like it and I think it's a very good idea to add tose writer's notes. This way we can understand better.

Btw I already miss Masamune - Shiroyama couple :p

• Like 1

Chapter 06

Naoki rested a bit in the Kendo House before he follows Shiroyama and Midori back home. When they reach the store, they saw that Masamune coming out from the store, preparing to go out. After glancing at everyone, Masamune’s glance stops on Shiroyama."You. Why are you here?"

Seeing that Masamune seems to be unhappy with Shiroyama going out, Midori rush to explain. "Shiroyama-kun went to pick Naoki up with me."

Turning towards Naoki and seeing all the new bruises that he’s gotten himself with, Masamune cannot help but sigh in his heart: To learn, he really needs to go through the hard way.

Naoki looked at Masamune bewilderedly, wondering why is he looking at him this way. "Young master, are you going out? Just give me a minute and I’ll get my clothes change and follow you."

"No need." Although Masamune is speaking to Naoki, he was looking at Shiroyama as he speaks.

"Shiroyama-kun has done everything that he needs to before going out with me. He has gotten the firewood, cleared up the snow accumulated in the backyard, and finished his food tasting too…" Understand that Masamune was not satisfied with just the reason why Shiroyama’s out, Midori explained hastily to defend him.

At last, Masamune said nothing but left.

"Sigh… Young master must be going ‘there’ again..." As Masamune left, Naoki said.

"Where?" Shiroyama asked curiously.

"Naoki! Stop bugging into it." Midori warn Naoki. And Naoki started to murmur words that couldn’t be heard by anyone.

=== === === === === ===

One fine morning when Shiroyama saw Masamune preparing to go out, he asked: "Young master, are you going out?" Masamune ignored him, and went ahead.

"Sigh... Early in the morning, is Young master going ‘there’ again?" Naoki appeared beside Shiroyama and spoke, after he sees the scene.

"'There'... Where do you mean exactly?"

"Just two streets down the road, that’s where the Sake House is. Over there, there are all kinds of people. It’s kind of complicated there... And also..."

Shiroyama wasn’t exactly paying attention to what Naoki was saying after that. He… Does he always visit such places?

=== === === === === ===

Noon.

"Shiroyama-kun, is there anything that you need to get? I’m going out to get some things." Midori asked Shiroyama before she left.

"Oh! What do you need to get? I’m rather free now so I could help you go get it."

"Uh... Why not... Let’s go together?" Midori asked with some hesitation.

"Sure."

As they walk towards the market, Midori tried to sneak a peep into a drinking house when they pass by it.

"What’s wrong?"

"Oh it’s nothing, just trying to see if Young master is here."

"Oh..." So this is the place…

"Bang! BANG!!" Loud noises came out from the drinking house as they walk pass it.

"You! I have been watching you for quite some time!" The moment they stepped in, this was what they heard from one of the thugs. Many others have surrounded Masamune. One of them was even grabbing on to Masamune’s collar, dragging him out of the chair.

"WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?!" Shiroyama asked Midori to stay out of this and remain outside the store, while he barged into crowd that was surrounding Masamune, pushing away everyone who gets in his way, and of course, freeing Masamune from the thug’s grab. These people came well prepared. Just look at the people in the store, more than half of them are their guys.

"You... Damn it! It’s you again! Humph! Now let’s see how many you can hold down today! Get him!"

Chaos starts to arise. Everyone came running in all directions towards Shiroyama and Masamune. Shiroyama wasn’t able to release his Wakizashi as he tries to protect Masamune, and also because they are in the public. All he could do was to fight off the large crowd by his fist. There is no way to stop them.

Seeing that Shiroyama has his concern, the thugs went rampant. Glass, jug, even chairs and tables are utilized as weapon. At this instant, a chair was tossed into the air, going towards the direction of the blind singer who had been standing behind Masamune all this time. Without even hestitating, Masamune stood in front of the girl and accepted the blow. When the chair smashed on to the head of his, he felt dizzy, and then he fell.

"Young Master!" When Shiroyama saw Masamune dropped to the ground in front of him, he was enraged. All the previous concerns he has were gone. He has nothing but one aim, and that is to end everything as quick as possible, and take Masamune away from here. He turn to face the group of menacing thugs, and released his Wakisashi……

=== === === === === ===

A brown figure was kneeling within the white snow.

"Young master, Shiroyama-kun has been kneeling for almost 2 hours, wouldn’t you let him come in?" Midori is all worried about Shiroyama.

"I did not tell him to do it. That was his decision." Masamune seems indifferent and continued drinking his tea. If he loves to kneel, he can kneel all he want.

"Young master, although Shiroyama-nii looks strong, but in such a cold weather, he might not be able to withstand it too!" Naoki couldn’t bear it anymore. What exactly has Shiroyama-nii done to deserve such punishment from Young master?!

"... What is wrong with the two of you? Have you seen or heard me asking him to do it?" Masamune finally cannot stand this pair of sibling. He got up and walked back into the main house.

Naoki and Midori look silently as their Young master leaves.

"Nee-san, Young master did not said such things to Shiroyama-nii, did he?"

"Hmmm..." It is true but….

Why he is he doing this?

=== === === === === ===

Evening.

Shiroyama is lying in his room, with Naoki and Midori sitting beside him.

"Shiroyama-nii, what happened between you and Young master? You two are strange these days. One is always not at home, and the other is always kneeling in the snow. What’s wrong?! Look at you! Do you know that it makes my sister’s heart ache when you passed out kneeling?"

"Naoki!! What nonsense are you talking about! Shiroyama-kun needs to rest and we shall not bother him any further. Shiroyama-kun, we’ll take our leave first, call me when you need something, ne?" Midori stood up and is about to leave the room after she keeps the bowl for Shiroyama’s medicine.

"Haha... Nee-san you’re blushing!"

"Idiot! Stop talking rubbish!"

"Yes Yes Yes ~~~ Have a good rest, Shiroyama-nii."

Hmmmm… Should I inform Tatsuya-nii? They are good friends so I should tell him right... Alright! I’ll look for him tomorrow morning!

"What’s the matter with you? How can you smile happily when Shiroyama-kun has fallen ill?"

"E…Eh?? Me? Laughing? H…How is that possible? You are thinking too much. Just hurry up and get back to the house to sleep!" Was I that obvious??

=== === === === === ===

"Young master, you came." Even with his eyes closed, Shiroyama was still able to sense the presence of Masamune.

"…" Masamune sat down beside Shiroyama’s bed and spoke nothing. The both remained silence, until Shiroyama speaks first.

"Young master... I'm sorry, I…"

"Enough, you do not need to say anything." Masamune spoke as he got up to leave.

"Young master!"

"..." Masamune stopped in front of the door as he heard Shiroyama’s called.

"Master ... Who is she?"

"... Just rest." As soon as he finishes his words, Masamune open the door and left.

To be Continue...

• Like 5