~Literature Corner~

Ayakashiu

Banner1_zps3f4fd8c9.png

For me, opening a book is like entering another world and getting lost in it, so I hope there are others here, who feel the same way~ :o

Good literature is probably something else for everyone; for someone it's a book with a meaning and for someone else it's maybe just a book that makes them happy, so it would be fun to discus what good literature is for everyone of us. Also, getting some book recomendations is always a good thing for someone who loves to read ^^

Here are some questions, if you want to discus literature, but don't know where to start:

What is good literature for you?

Which genre do you like to read the most?

What was the last book you read?

Your favourite book(s)?

Quotes from the book that you like.

Which book would you recommend for others to read?

You can answer all those question, answer only some or post anything else you want concerning literature~

Also, I hope there can be a discussion later on, not only everyone posting their own favourite books, so if you already read the book someone mentioned before, feel free to give your own opinion too.

The last book I read, was The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

A quick summary for those who don't know it: Dorian is a very beautiful boy and a painter, Basil Hallward, is so enthralled with him, that he decides to paint a full-lentgh portrait of him. Through the same painter, Dorian meets Lord Henry Wotton, who introduces him in the world of hedonism. As Dorian gets more and more corrupted, he wishes he would never age, but that his picture will instead and his wish is granted. His picture reflects every sin he commited and shows the real person he is.

I really love this book, since it shows the philosophy of life perfectly. It shows how easily one can be corrupted by pleasure and life itself, and what selfish beings we people are. I think it's a really good read for everyone that likes a bit of classical literature ^^

The book I plan to read next, are the collected works of Edgar Allan Poe, since I'm a big fan of him and the book that's waiting for me is a fantasy series named Shadows of the Apt by Adrian Tchaikovsky.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ayakashiu

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

YaoiOtaku is a friendly community that has a lot to offer when it comes to everything yaoi - manga series, DJs, oneshots, anime, yaoi RPs and plenty of BL discussion topics.

Make sure to also check:

Yaoi Manga

KPop Profiles

Yaoi Dj

Manga Lotus