◄The Bakery► Homemade bread

diemme

First recipe…BREAD

With the sourdough you can make a great bread even in a normal oven.

Are you wondering why work so hard if I can buy it? It’s simple, the homemade bread is more tasty, and you'll have no more problems about what to bring when a friend invites you to his house!

The secret to a great bread? Double leavening!

Step 1

200g Sourdough

250ml Water (lukewarm)

200g Remilled durum wheat flour

200g Manitoba flour ("strong” or "high strength” flour)

1 tsp of sugar

Dissolve the sourdough in the water add the sugar and let it stand for 15 minutes then add the Remilled durum wheat flour and the Manitoba flour. Knead the ingredients until you get a soft but not sticky dough, put the dough in a big plastic bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and make holes on it with a toothpick. Let it stand for 6-8 hours.

Step 2

All the dough of step 1

1,25l Water (lukewarm)

1,3kg Remilled durum wheat flour

400g Manitoba flour

6 tsp Salt

6 tbs Olive oil

Dissolve the Step 1 dough in the water and let it stand for 15 minutes, then add Remilled durum wheat flour, Manitoba flour, Olive oil and salt. Knead the ingredients in the bowl, then flour a pasty board or a table where you can knead, split in half the dough and knead them till you got a soft but not sticky dough. Flatten the dough and form a rectangle then fold it like in the picture below.

pieghepane_zps1b403fc2.jpg

Let it rest for 12 hours in fridge on parchment paper covered with a dishcloth.

you'll have something like this

9c690b76-2490-4d11-846e-38d885d9492e_zpsdc46f469.jpg87b1d69c-00ca-4ef6-ad66-2798b8906945_zps7aa5cf71.jpg

Preheats the oven and the pan to the maximum temperature.

Flour the heated pan, take the dough out of the fridge and form the loaves cutting with a dough scraper or a sharp knife. (Waiting between one batch and the other put the dough again in the fridge)

356ca746-6bc0-4111-980e-7a232476b433_zps718fb47f.jpg21d46d2a-c115-4fef-91ca-11464ff71ab6_zps1b893750.jpg

Put a small pot (without plastic parts) with water in the oven and bake the loaves at maximum temperature for 15 minutes then lowers the temperature at 220°C and keep baking till browning.

69260b4c-6f9d-444d-8041-0acff7c8868a_zps7e7767f5.jpg4ee3bdd9-333d-419a-b2c2-3ee3acc62379_zps338256ad.jpg

You can store the bread in freezer inside plastic bags, thaw and reheat it whenever you want!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• garumba

• Tetsu

• KeaKlein

• animefan22

you may use plain flour instead of Remilled durum wheat flour

if you like whole wheat bread you can use whole wheat flour instead of Remilled durum wheat flour

instead of Manitoba flour, if you find it "bread flour", or any flour with a high content of gluten (Protein min. 12%)

Lol,. When I read the title I thought it was a metaphor for a photoshop tutorial that has something to do with bread,. Never expected it to actually be a recipe on how to make bread,. :hamtaro-005 (5):

I should try this out. My Mom bought me a bread maker a few years ago, so I always just bought the pre-made mix packs and used the machine. Kind of lazy. lol But when you work so much making bread is the last thing on your mind. Either way, I do like sour dough a lot. I'll try this out when it gets a little more chilly outside since fresh bread is always good with soups.

@sue werner, I also used the yeast, but since I made the sourdough I can't stay without it! it totally changes flavor!

@|WW| once I thought of buying a bread maker, but I eat a lot of bread(too much :_red_fox 9) so I do sooner baking all together in the oven than one at the time with the bread maker...

YaoiOtaku is a friendly community that has a lot to offer when it comes to everything yaoi - manga series, DJs, oneshots, anime, yaoi RPs and plenty of BL discussion topics.

Make sure to also check:

Yaoi Manga

KPop Profiles

Yaoi Dj

Manga Lotus