Roleplaying Tips for Advanced Roleplayers

Tetsu

Here you can share your Roleplaying Tips for Advanced Roleplayers. Explain what makes an advanced roleplayer, well, an advanced roleplayer, what are the do's and don't for advance roleplayers and etc...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tetsu

• Teesie

• StainedCrimson

Top Posters In This Topic

Address all points offered by your rp partner(s) and offer various points of interaction for them in return. An rp can only move forward if all participants give something.

There should always be a choice to choose from. Its not enjoyable if you have to pick one path and stick with it. (I've seen this done before. I have also been a victim of said problem.) Also, I never think a continuing of actions could be fun either. Well, not if your partner isn't able to react to them. (Augh! Such annoyance)

[ROLEPLAYING TIPS]

*Research when you have to. Some roleplays are rather complicated. Some are based on an anime, novel, manga, games, T.V series and the likes. When you roleplay such things, try to research. You do not have to watch/read the whole thing. Read a summary. Wiki always helped me when I need to research. However, you may read/watch if you want too.

*Do NOT think you are an author writing about a character. I don't know how other roleplayers do this. But when I roleplay, I personify my role. I think the way the character thinks. I act the way the character acts. That's why biography and personality is a must in my roleplay.

*If you are doing the second tip, then please moderate the number of characters you take. It's good to play one character solely. But sometimes, it can't be helped but play two or three. However, doing more will stress your brain. It's like forcing yourself to have a split personality. Such cases make roleplayers lose interest.

*Don't keep a particular sex scene too long. It's very much easy to lose interest from here on. For example. For doing a blow job, dont take a whole page only for the blowjob. You do not have to respond per blow right? You still have other sex scenes to do! This is my personal opinion, but Sex scenes must be direct to the point. Do not further explain the scenario more than needed. Focus on the sex scene without looking too rushed. I don't like it when I think "Come on, when will he cum?"

*Do not pester your roleplay partner too much. It's enough to remind your roleplay partner once... or twice. If he is a responsible roleplayer, then not replying means he has something more important to do. Remember this... WE ROLEPLAY FOR PLEASURE, NOT FOR PRESSURE.

*Take your time. Do not rush your roleplay. Just because someone is pestering you doesn't mean you have to reply that very moment. Take your time thinking. Rushing makes you lose interest instead.

*Try getting out of your comfort zone and broaden your horizons. I know people have preferences. But it doesn't hurt to try. Try other genres you have not played yet. From there you can truly decide whether you will roleplay that genre or not. I assure you that the roleplays I do not do are something I have done before... and either disgusted me or didn't interest me.

*Don't be too much of a grammar nazi. Typos happen. Tolerate such little things. But if it gets too excessive you may warn your partner.

*Communicate with your roleplay partner outside the roleplay.... if. you. have. to. I don't mean, you need to plan all of the things ahead. Just talk some ideas without spoiling the roleplay. A roleplay must maintain its unpredictability to maintain interest. What I meant was... try talking out what you think. If your partner god-mods, then tell him without being too rude. It is not good to abandon a roleplay without telling your partner why.

*Observe QUALITY MORE THAN QUANTITY. As long as you do not post one, two, three or four lines, you can keep your responses short. DO not post long replies when not needed. Long replies usually happen during group roleplays since you have so much to respond. For one on one roleplay , that happens when you have to tell a back-story of your character, when you have a moment... or etc. However, keep in mind not to overstretch your point. That makes your response too redundant, dull and uninteresting. My ideal one on one RP response is one or two paragraph with seven - twelve sentences. For Group RP it's ten to twenty. It depends on the number of roleplayers and the number of.... err... let's say "Action Flags" you have to respond to. If I respond lower.. I. am. losing. my. interest. but. i. am. being. a. good. little. tetsu. to. keep. going. teehee~<3

*Have fun.

NOTE: The above mentioned TIPS are what I observe alone. So it happens that some people may disagree with me.

YaoiOtaku is a friendly community that has a lot to offer when it comes to everything yaoi - manga series, DJs, oneshots, anime, yaoi RPs and plenty of BL discussion topics.

Make sure to also check:

Yaoi Manga

KPop Profiles

Yaoi Dj

Manga Lotus