Discussion 1: Will you roleplay with One-Liners?

InkompleteWish

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tetsu

• Noctis

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• Teesie

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not. Simply because as role-players, we build off of what we are given and add in our character's reaction and actions. It's extremely difficult to role-play with one-liners. For me, it's a sure fire way of making me lose interest and dropping out of a Role-Play because the way I see it, if I'm going to take the time to write a good post as a response, I expect the same in return. It doesn't have to be a novel post. Just... Something more than a one-liner that I can work with.

I wouldn't even try; although I would like to just set up a hypothesis.

Could you roleplay with a one-liner?! I mean, how can that even work? Hm.

Back to the main question, no I wouldn't roleplay with a one liner. I think of myself as a leech that feeds off of my partner's writing skills. If I was to be in such a situation, I don't know how I would even begin to reply. Plus, taking my time to vomit up such a good reply (XD Lol) and I was responded to with one line, I wouldn't feel appreciated. I'd possible be pissed. ^~^'

I would not as well. You guys get my point. Another thing; roleplaying with one liners makes your roleplay responses dull and lifeless. Since there's not much to respond to, you will have to think of ideas to put in your roleplay so that you will reach your personal quota. That's troublesome. You get stuck, and without you knowing it, you're actually becoming a one liner yourself. So yes, it's infectious.

I would, actually ^^" Some of my roleplays are really short, and I like to keep them that way. It's good to have those kinds, especially if you want to rest from having to type out long replies. I suppose I like both ways~ Well, I mean, unless the one-liner is literaly one line, or even less... Though then I usually give up and just kind of smash in a few words, just to be the same. I always mirror my partner's reply's length, so... Yeah.

I really cannot rp with one liners. Like most everyone else here has been saying, it's hard to come up with a response and I like to enjoy writing up a response, not having to find it to be a chore. And with one liners, i find it to be a chore to come up with a decent response. I also like to feel proud of what I've written, and think it's good, because it helps myself on becoming a better writer and rp partner. Another thing i enjoy about rps, is reading the responses. So, if I get a response of one line, i feel disappointed, and like its a waste of time. I like to develop, and read a story thats created between rp partners. That doesn't really happen with one liners. One line is enough for a character to say something, so, therefore, an rp consisting of just one liners, turns more into a script, than a well developed and enjoyable story.

No. If the other party has been making an effort or doing well and slips up once or twice, I'll notify them to add more or say that I won't respond to a one-liner since typically there's not enough to respond to. I'll give everyone I rp with at least one free pass, but if it gets continuous or feels like I'm carrying the rp and doing it by myself, I drop the rp.

Since I'm not the choosy type, I actually just match it up with my partner. If he does one-liners, I will respect it. BUT it doesn't mean that I like replying with One-Liners. It actually feels empty since you can't describe everything that you want to say just by writing a mere line. I usually prefer 2-3 paragraphs, but having one paragraph with at least 4-5 sentences is also enough for me.

I can take one-liners for a reply, but my own reply will never be one-liners.

Also, roleplaying with asterisk is just.. annoying, so I guess one-liners is fine, just no asterisks. xD

Well, i usually don't like to either but i guess everyone has to start. If they are new and don't know things yet, i might consider starting an rp to give them a chance to get better. But i usually don't like it.

It's just short and not really fufilling. I do get stuck with writers block now and then so my post's might be shorter but i at least try to make them as long as possible to give the other player something to reply too. But if i get only one liners then the rp is as good as dead i suppose.

So in short, i might start one with a beginner to 'teach' them how a rp works but i won't do one with someone that only favours one liners (cause he is to lazy to write more or something). But i will only start one if i can read the post, since i am not born english i have sometimes trouble to solve the puzzles of sentences i get. XD So one liners are okay for beginners but with decent english at least.

YaoiOtaku is a friendly community that has a lot to offer when it comes to everything yaoi - manga series, DJs, oneshots, anime, yaoi RPs and plenty of BL discussion topics.

Make sure to also check:

Yaoi Manga

KPop Profiles

Yaoi Dj

Manga Lotus