Blood Stained Promises (mik3la x akiravadel) (18+)

akiravadel

Inuyasha took a deep breath feeling very nervous about this. Would they notice immediately? It wasn't like him and Sesshomaru were on speaking terms the last time he saw his companions. Taking a deep breath he started forward smelling where they were. He followed his nose until he came around a group of trees. Miroku saw him first and by the looks on their faces they didn't understand why Sesshomaru was there. Miroku went on the defensive as did Sango. He didn't see Kagome yet.

"Oi," Inuyasha walked up to them and folded his arms in his robe. He was tense but his companions didn't notice it. He was always on guard so it was just normal to them.

"What's going on?" Miroku looked to Sesshomaru a bit hesitant.

"Sesshomaru will be traveling with us from now on. He's going to help us take down Naraku," Inuyasha trembled ever so slightly. He was worried how they would react about his mating and... feelings for Sesshomaru.

Miroku being the man he was took this as a positive, "really? That's great!" He bowed his head to the taller demon. "I'm glad you both came to terms with your rivalry and have come to help us."

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• mik3la

He followed the other in silence, looking around interested by the sights. It was an interesting area that he never saw before. More likely because it was filled with humans in which he had no interest whatsoever.

When Inuyasha stopped he looked forward seeing two of his group members. He recognized the priest and the warrior girl that was with him from the last not so pleasant encounter.

Seeing them on guard amused him. Not that stood a chance against him. But he had to admit the courage to stand up against him over and over again. As the monkey spoke he looked ar him and then at the two, checking their reaction. The priest kind of accepted the idea but not the worrier girl. She was still keeping her guard up, pinning him with her glance.

"We kind of had to ... with the bon...." he started to say but Inuyasha cut him off surprising him. Didn't want to tell the others about them? what are you doing? he asked in Inuyasha's mind as he frowned.

"Did Kagome make it back yet? Are we ready to go?" Inuyasha said quickly his heart racing in his chest. Why was he so nervous? Then he felt for really the first time them speaking through their minds. Looking back at Sesshomaru he couldn't help his cheeks flushing. I don't know... I don't know if I'm ready to tell them. They might freak out. Humans don't agree with blood related matings... He was visibly flustered but Miroku brushed it off as him being eager to leave. Although there was a strange look between him and his brother that caught him off guard.

"I mean we can leave but in a couple hours we'll lose the light. We should wait. Kagome is inside. We've been waiting on you," Miroku noticed the odd behavior between the two. He looked between them wondering what was going on. How had Inuyasha convinced Sesshomaru to finally help them? There wasn't an angry tension around them like there was before, but something else.

Sesshomaru was amazed by the others respond. Really. He kind of felt offended but he tried to keep his straight face, leaving no emotion out. If that how the journey was going to be then fine. He remained silence as Inuyasha and the monk started talking, but his eyes was on the girl next to him. He forgot her name, since it wasn't that important when they first meat. She was still checking him, not buying the story like the monk.

As the others moved towards the cottage, Sesshomaru fallowed in silence. He wasn't much of a talker but seeing as the other was behaving, he had to admin that he didn't liked the humans at all.

Miroku paused outside, "I'd like to speak with you Sesshomaru, alone if that's alright." He shifted on his feet as he waited for the other hoping they could have a quick talk. He had some serious questions.

Inuyasha turned to look back his heart throbbed for a moment. It longed to be near his mate and soothe his uncertainty with being there. He spoke to his mind, 'i won't be long. I'll explain everything to them soon I just don't know how they would react to us being bonded. I need to ease them into it.'

Inuyasha then stepped inside and there was Kagome. He looked right at her realising all those feeling he had before were gone. He honestly didn't know what being close to someone and caring for them was until this bond. Of course he didn't want her hurt but he didn't actually love her. He felt a growing warmth in his chest towards Sesshomaru and gently touched the mark on his neck. He loved him....

"Kagome... Sesshomaru will be joining us from now on... He's... He's...." Inuyasha's heart started to pound hard. Realizing he was in love with him only compounded the situation. Turning red, his heart was throbbing, he felt dizzy, swallowing hard he touched the mark. He never wanted to lose him... "He's my..."

"I'd like to speak with you Sesshomaru, alone if that's alright

He stopped as he heared the monk address him, ignoring what Inuyasha was telling him in his mind. He was curious about what could the monk talk to him so he stopped looking curious at the human, but at the same time seeing iInuyssha on the background entering the cottage.

Sango followed inuyasha in the cottage but went to a different room before going to where Kagome and Inuyasha were.

"Kagome... Sesshomaru will be joining us from now on... He's... He's

Kagome turned from her packing and looked at Inuyasha trying to understand what he was saying. With a small frown she tried to process what he meant. Sesshomaru was going with them. The only question that popped in her mind was 'why'd but kept silent. Seeing how uncomfortable the other was getting to speak she moved close to him, catching his hand.

"Calm down Inuyasha or you're going to faint" she said frowning in confusion not understanding why he was acting like that.

"I know.... he's your brother ... I'm still surprised but happy at the same time that you get along but... dont get it why he has to come with us. He never liked us" she said shrugging

"Got point there Kagome. I found it strange to. I mean, what's his deal? What's his plan?" Said Sango from the door.

Miroku looked up at Sesshomaru and sighed softly, "I don't know what is fully going on between you two but your auras have both changed drastically. Am I to guess you two are mated?" He waved his hand. "I know about demon customs and honestly I don't mind either way it'll just get complicated with the girls. Sango mau understand, she has had to learn about demons and all. I also wanted to make sure it was that and that he'd not being taken advantage of." His eyes turned a little darker then.

___

Inuyasha actually jumped when she touched him. It didn't feel right.

"He had no plan other than... following me," Inuyasha gently slipped his hand away from hers. He didn't blush like he normally did when she touched him. Instead he looked a little off put. "I um... how much do you know about demons... and... bonding?" He was hoping Sango would get it but had a feeling Kagome wouldn't. She hadn't learned about other demon species and it wasn't like Inuyasha knew too much himself.

Surprised ran on his face but he managed to keep his pokerface as the other spoke. The monk did really had a talent in getting others business.

"First of all it's not your business but yes. We mated and marked each other. Which means in more human words that we are in this together" he said a little pissed that he had to give explanations and all. On the other hand he felt a little happy to see that Inuyasha had had people who would care for him.

"And I'm pretty sure you understand why I'm here. I am not much o a fan of your little group. But I couldn't leave him alone" he admitted keeping the monks gaze.

Sango understood immediately what Inuyasha meant and from the way he was acting now towards Kagome and the way they were looking at one another outside the cottage felt together. They mated. Poor Kagome, she thought looking at her clueless face.

"Not much ... Inuyasha what's wrong?" Askdd Kagome taking another step closer to him.

Miroku looked at him for a long moment then smiled, "well that calls for a drink of sake. Congratulations!" He reached a hand up to rest on Sesshomaru's shoulder. "I'm glad to see you both happy. He looked better than when I last saw him that means this wasn't a forced mating so that's good."

Smiling up at the taller demon he then said, "I think dealing with us is just a way of being nice for him and I'm sure he appreciates it. It's probably good the girls don't know yet. They might freak out."

Inuyasha growled mostly irritated with himself, why was this so hard to explain?! These were his only friends and he didn't want to loose them. That's why he was scared.

Trembling a little this was more scary than facing Naraku. He was petrified they would despise him. His only friends, "nothings... w-wrong I just don't want you to freak out... demon's will bond with one another. Link their souls... and it's a form of mating. I... Sesshomaru and I are bonded n-now." He finally said it and his stomach flipped in worry.

"well that calls for a drink of sake. Congratulations!"

He looked at the monk's hand on his shoulder, not liking to be touched by someone. Except the people he wanted to. It was more like an invasion of his personal space. He hold up a growl not wanting to put Inuyasha in a difficult position.

"I'm glad to see you both happy. He looked better than when I last saw him that means this wasn't a forced mating so that's good."

That comment made him look back at the monk catching his attention and curiosity. He fallowed the other to the near table outside in the garden and as they sat he ask. "What do you mean the last time you saw him? What was wrong with him?" he could also feel Inuyasha anxiety roam through his veins but he didn't rush in after the other. He knew he was safe so there was no harm happening.

"nothings... w-wrong I just don't want you to freak out...

"Ok ... now you worry me" she said blinking a few times looking at Sango and then back at Inuyasha.

demon's will bond with one another. Link their souls... and it's a form of mating. I... Sesshomaru and I are bonded n-now."

She tried to understand but it was hard. That until he said that he and his brother and bonded. bonded .... bond ... link souls ... mate... her eyes widened and she covered her mouth trying not to freak out. She fell on her ass making the connections in her head. that means .... they .... are together .... oh my god ...

Miroku sighed softly and poured them both a small glass of sake, "Inuyasha took a hard hit from Naraku the last time. Usually he's back up within a day or a few hours. This one took him a week. We all took a hard blow..." He looked up at Sesshomaru. "He was running a fever and the miasma in his system weakened him. When I last saw him he wasn't eating the best and seemed troubled but didn't want to talk to us about any of it." Miroku didn't know that in the same time he went into heat. Inuyasha didn't like announcing what he was. He felt it was bad enough he was a hanyou.

~~~~

Inuyasha watched Kagome on the ground feeling his heart racing. He was scared to say anything else. What could he say? He felt frozen. Of course she hated him now, how could she not. The last time she knew they had feelings for each other. Panic set in and he did the one thing he did best when he didn't know what to do, he raced from the house out the side window. He couldn't face her like this! He couldn't face any of them! Shippo was the one to run after him.

Honestly he didn't like hurting people, he did it because sometimes he had to. Jumping up into the tree he had been pinned to all those years he leaned back against the trunk and folded his arms.

Looking at Shippo he was worried when he came closer but the kit said nothing and curled up on his lap. Acceptance. He let out a shaky breath and calmed down a little. Yeah they argued but Shippo was demon he understood.

Sesshomaru listen silently what the monk was saying, remembering the night he found Inuyasha and the state he was in. He could understand , sort of, the worry that they had for him. He could feel the other through their bond that he was confused, scared, all at once. Even if he was there sitting with the monk and drinking, he was paying attention to what Inuyasha was feeling and he didn't like it.

Sango looked at them both and moved near Kagome who was still bewildered by the news she got. How could he be .... together with ... his brother?She couldn't understand the things between demons but never judged, but right now, the only thing that ran through her mind was 'why him'. He loved him. They had a thing, but now they didn't anymore. Sango wanted to stop Inuyasha when he stormed out. Lucky Shippo was quick to do so. She knew that the situation was hard on them, but they knew the customs around demons so it wasn't something new. But for Kagome was like a bomb.

Sipping from his cup of drink he saw a flash of red jumped out of the cottage running to the forest. He looked in that directio feeling Inuyashas emotions.

"As much as i like this conversation i have to go after Inuyasha" he said as he jumped on the leaf that they flew there, and fallowed the other, wanting to make sure he was ok.

Spotting the other he felt the sadness that the other was feeling but he couldn't emphatise with him. It was outrageous. Seeing his mate in such a state it wasn't acceptable.

"Are you done winning?" he said in a serious tone.

Miroku blinked and watched as Sesshomaru chased after Inuyasha, "uh oh..." He worried what state he would face going into that house and signed heavily knowing it wasn't going to be pleasant but they had to figure this out. Otherwise how would they defeat Naraku broken to pieces like this?

Inuyasha tensed when his mate said that to him. Growling he faced him, "I didn't ask you to follow me!"

Shippo jumped off and climbed higher into the tree, "Inuyasha just had to break up with Kagome!"

Inuyasha trembled putting a hand over his face, "you wouldn't understand! After Kikyo... Kagome... they were both..." He grit his teeth. Oh god Kikyo was still walking around barely alive! His life had been so messed up. "I ruined both their lives."

Shippo looked down surprised, "Inuyasha?"

"Humans don't think like us Sesshomaru. Being with a man is wrong... your brother, worse. In her eyes I'm truly a monster now," Inuyasha looked up at Sesshomaru. "You had everything given to you. Respect. Companions. Parents. I never had any of that. I had to kill for it, to fight for it. I thought I... I thought I loved her and then we bonded and I realized I didn't know what real feelings were." He stood on the tree trunk touching the mark on his neck. "I'm not good with words and I think I upset her... I don't want to break up my pack. They were all I had... before us."

He tried not to flipp over the fact that he said he loved her. The rage inside him though wanted to burrst out but seeing the mess the other was he tried to keep a little calmer than he usually was. He didn't like it though what he continued to say. It's not that he had it easy because that wan't true. Even if he was his mothers son, that didn't made him an easy life. Demon mothers weren't all sunshines and rainbous. He sigh.

"I will try to get pass some comments you said and ignore it. But if she ever had feelings for you she will be there for you no matter what. That's what friends do and even she .... loved you or what ever" he said shaking his hand in the air rolling his eyes.

"But i don't remember mating with a weak demon who pittied his life and cried like a child even if he is a grown ass man. Eighter you suck it up and deal with it or ...." he said narrowing his eyes.

Inuyasha just assumed he had it easy, it wasn't like he had to hunt for his every meal. Growling as he stood there he clenched his hands into fists, "Keh... I knew you wouldn't get it..." His inner demon was screaming at him to stop upsetting his mate.

"i'm not looking for pity I'm just explaining it," Inuyasha growled as he got closer to him. "I am not weak! Emotions don't make you weak! I don't know how I'll get that through your thick skull but I'm not some pushover nor as I your bitch! You knew that when you decided to complete the ceremony. If I was I wouldn't be hunting down Naraku to kill him with my bare hands!" His inner demon was screaming at him to submit just please submit.

"I've saw you troughout the years and right now your nothing but weak" he said angry not liking seeing the other drove by his feelings, emotions.

"Emotions do make you weak. They are your weaknesses and in your enemys hands those are oportunities to strike you down" he added getting closer to Inuyasha, staying only few inches away from him. This was a first argue between them two since they mate and he didn't like it. maybe i did a mistake in choosing him, he started to think.

"You're the own with a thick skull that doesn't understand that you cannot please everyone. Some would get hurt in the proccess. that is a fact that you have to asume it" he continued turning his head to the side. He didn't want to continue this talk anymore.

"Until you don't get some sense into your head we are done talking" he ended floating back to the cottage where the others were.

Inuyasha growled his body shaking as he watched Sesshomaru float away. His knees gave out as his demon side finally took over. He trembled and dug his nails into the tree. He felt the lingering thought of this was a mistake... Sesshomaru had regrets. In desperation his demon side started to take over and went to rush forward but his mate came before him again.

"Sesshomaru?... I..." Wait why was his mate back? He still felt disappointed through the bond. Submitting further he sat on the ground and exposed his mating mark. Maybe his mate would calm down if he was overly submissive.

Sesshomaru's hand reached out grabbing his throat as a cloud covered him in miasma. Naraku had him. Placing a talisman over the mating mark causing Inuyasha to scream as pain shot through him. Grabbing onto the arm he was able to force one eye open and glare at the demon above him. Not Sesshomaru but then he couldn't feel Sesshomaru anymore. Eyes went wide as an emptiness filled his entire being as a piece of himself was blocked away. Blank eyes stared up at Naraku as they took off into the woods.

Naraku left an Inuyasha dummy in his place. He was slumped against the tree waiting to see if Sesshomaru would come looking for him. Did he actually care about his little mate.

As he was flying back to the cottage he had a strange sensation on his neck, right where his mark was groaning in pain. He couldn't fly anymore so he had to stop and gasp for air as the pain was strucking his body painfully. Looking at his shoulder he saw that his mark was starting to glow a soft shade of red. That wasn't good. That never glowed before, unless ....He turned looking in the forest where he left Inuyasha feeling another wave of pain in his should. No .... Inuyasha!!

He started running to where he last saw him trying to find him but he came to a full stop when he found the other standing there like a statuette. Frowning he moved closer grabbing the others shoulder, turning him to face him and was shocked to see Inuyasha in such a state. It was like he was dead but he wasn't. Having his eyes still open but complete white, he was still breathing that meaning that he was still alive. But what had happened with him.

Cursing in his mind for not being able to feel his emotions or whatever had happened only when it was too late, he started to look around trying to find a trace of the person who did that to him. the scent was familiar in a sort of a way but he just couldn't put it together to figure out. Seeing movement up in the tree near them he moved his hand into the air and a dash of powerful wind blew in that direction leaving a small demon to fall out of it.

Looking curious he recognized the little one.

"You .... what happened?" he asked the little demon looking from time to time at Inuyasha.

Shippo screamed as he fell form the tree and scurred further from Sesshomaru, "please don't hurt me too!" He hide behind the trunk as if it would protect him. Peeking around the corner he trembled. "What do you mean what happened?! You came back and hurt him then... I couldn't see anything there was a weird smoke and then you were gone and he was standing there like that! You know it's dangerous to break a bond! Even if you were mad at him for feeling things that's not nice!"

The Inuyasha copy was filled with miasma just like everything that Naraku had. Although with having Inuyasha in his real clutches he was able to replicate him even to the point of copying the mating mark which was growing up into the side of the copies neck and spreading down his chest as if a huge infection was spreading through it.

~~~

Getting to his lair Naraku removed his sword not realizing it was because he too was half human and threw Inuyasha on the ground. Blocking the mating mark weakened him so bad he could barely see. Or maybe it was from the talisman having to block so much of his senses to keep him from getting through the mark. It burned, his whole world was on fire. He couldn't really smell either. He could have sworn Naraku had him, or was Sesshomaru so mad he tried to break the bond?

Whimpering on the ground he tried to roll onto his side to touch the mark but he passed out.

Naraku smirked as he looked down at Inuyasha. It was a simple talisman but it worked. It was made to block energy and senses. For a moment he thought he'd be too late and Sesshomaru would get to them instantly. He was hoping the dummy kept him distracted long enough to mover Inuyasha further away.Maybe now he could get Sesshomaru to join him so he could absorb his power.

"Oh stop winning demon. I wont kill you unless you're not telling me what has happens" he said growling feeling his patients leaving him. "I didn't came back. I went for the cottage to calm down. I felt a jolt on my shoulder and i couldn't feel Inuyasha anymore. Now i see him in this state" he said measuring Inuyasha from head to toe. He tried to sense something in the air, a trace or something. But he couldn't. There was nothing. "It's like he is not even here" he said waving his hand in front of Inuyasha. "I didn't want to unmark him" he said narrowing his eyes. No matter what the other would do, he would never do something like that. But it has already been done and he didn't know what to do. For the first time, Sesshomaru didn't know what to do. "We should take him to the others. Maybe they can tell us what happened" he said taking Inuyasha in his arms and started flying to the cottage.

As soon as he reach it. "Oi! Monk! Come out!" he shouted leaving inuyasha standing near the table where he had drank with the other. "we have problems" he growled hopping the others would rush out already.

Shippo followed after Sesshomaru not entirely believing him but then again... It was odd even for him.

Miroku heard the urgency in Sesshomaru's voice and quickly rushed outside, "what happened?!" He looked at Inuyasha in shock as he stepped closer to him. His eyes searched over his face and body trying to figure it out. "What did you do?" They obviously didn't trust Sesshomaru at all yet and for good reason, they didn't know him and all they knew was him and Inuyasha fighting. He looked at the mark on Inuyasha's neck as it grew up into the side of his head burning into his skin. "I don't know what this is..."

Naraku grit his teeth as his bee flew near them watching the whole thing. He wasn't expecting Sesshomaru to take him right back to the group right away. The priestess would see right through him and the tainted Sacred Jewel in the dummy's heart to keep it moving.

One the floor by Naraku Inuyasha was shaking as his own mating mark throbbed against the talismen. His youkai was trying to fight it. Trying to get the word out that he needed help! He needed his mate!

what happened?!"

He just wanted to start to explain it what happened but he was cut immediately by the monk.

"What did you do?"

"How many times to i have to say it. I didn't do anything!" he growled angrylly frowning. "Do you really think i would do something like that when i felt the same pain as he?" he asked pointing at the mark on Inuyasha and then revealed his.

Kagome and Sango just got out quickly as they heard the rush from outside and gasped as they saw them.

"Inuyasha! Oh my god! What happened? What you do to him?" she asked to Sesshomaru making him growl even louder.

How dare she say that? When he was his mate. His!

"Nothing" he said through his clentch teeth.

As his shoulder was revealed his mark was shining red. "As i said. As soon as i felt disconnection I ran back. Ever since my mark glows and burns like hell and his is spreading like a pleague" he added frowning, breathing hard. The burn on the mark was intense. Even if he didn't show it, it hurt.

"So seem pretty fine for me" said Sango suspicious.

"I gained enough endurance to pain along the years" he mumbled turning his gaze to the monk. "There has to be something you can do. You know him and the demon world to well" he added leaning against the chair. He was starting to feel dizzy.

Miroku noticed him leaning and realized it must be effecting him more than he thought, "you're right... you are in a lot of pain." Okay maybe he was just an ass, more so than Inuyasha. That didn't mean he didn't care for his mate. "Forgive me for jumping to conclusions." He held his hand over the mark on Inuyasha's neck and frowned.

Shippo came closer and hid behind Kagome's leg, "something feels wrong..."

Miroku staggered a little then looked to Sesshomaru, something was really wrong, "I feel no pain from Inuyasha, just... wrong. There's nothing in here. Just taint and emptiness." He didn't understand what he was feeling. "He feels like... Naraku."

~~~~

On the floor he was finally left alone but he didn't know that. He couldn't hear, couldn't see, nothing. The mark was blocked causing tremendous amounts of pain but he grit his teeth. The mark was red and pulsing from being blocked. Pushing his feet against the cold hard floor his youkai pushed and pushed through the bond trying to get to him.

Slowly his hand was able to reach up and tilted up the edge of the talisman weakening it a little but it exhausted him makign his hand fall back onto the floor.

His youkai tried to reach out again, sending the feelings of where he was. It was dark and cold and silent. He couldn't even taste, but he could feel. Running his hand along the floor he felt the cold wood flooring under him that was slightly damp. He pushed it through the bond as he touched the floor with his left hand.

~~~

Before them the blank Inuyasha stood there barely moving, not touching anything.

His eyes widened in surprise and worry. Naraku?! but how? he didn't sens his scent or anything. He frown looking at the standing Inuyasha was was just like a puppet now that he was looking closer. "I didn't feel anything .... he ... he didn't leave any trace of his scent" he said it out loud taking deep breaths. Because of the mark burning he was getting weaker and that wasn't good. If they were to look for Naraku or even get the chance to fight him, he was too weak to battle him. He cursed under his breath.

"Miroku wait" said Kagome turning her gaze back to the thing that was Inuyashas image. "Behind the mark ... There is something shining" she said getting closer to him. "Could it be a piece of the shikon jewel?" she asked keeping her eyes on the spot. "Could it be a the real piece or is it a fake one like this ... doll?" she added.

Sesshomaru closed his eyes for a split second and he could feel something. Something strange but it was most certain something from the bond he had with Inuyasha. It was still there but very weak. It wasn't the feeling of Inuyasha but it was the demon inside him. "I think ... i feel him ... but its very weak .... something is hiding him .... i cannot track him down .... all i get is small sensations" , he took deep breaths trying to focus a little more. "Cold floor .... wood floor .... it feels like damp and is smell like rotten .... but as location ... i cannot track him"

Miroku heard both Kagome and Sesshomaru speak. If what he was feeling was true than this wasn't Inuyasha. Reaching to the mark on the fake Inuyasha's body he pulled out the jewel, "oh no..." Right before him the puppet of Inuyasha faded into the wind. "It's a fake..."

Turning to Sesshomaru Miroku's eyes were wide, "He must have disguised himself as you and took Inuyasha."

Shippo blinked in surprise, "ah! That would make sense! But if that's all Sesshomaru can feel how will we find him?"

Miroku looked up at the taller demon seeing in his face he was struggling, "you need to sit down. We'll try to track him and-"

"And what, Monk?" there he was in a tree above them covered in the monkey fur. Smirking down at them and cocked his head slightly. "Oh Lord Sesshomaru is something the matter? You look a little weak kneed, maybe you should have bonded with a stronger demon."

~~~

He felt like he was dying. Bonds weren't meant to be blocked like this. This was worse than any battle he had been in so far. He felt like his very soul was on fire. Maybe he was weak. Sesshomaru was right... he let his emotions get the better of him and now here he was taken hostage.

Gritting his teeth he slammed his fist onto the ground, NO! He wasn't weak! He'd show them! He'd show them all! Grunting he made his way onto his hands and knees with a great effort. Reaching up he grabbed an end of the talisman and tugged letting out a shriek of pain. It was halfway off but it recoiled sending what felt like a bolt of lightning through his body and he passed out, slumping on the floor.