SO:
Bisexual

Height:
6’1”

Weight:
165 lbs

Mafia leader

About:

Even though he’s rather young for a mafia leader Joaquin is successful in business and respected by his underlings and other gangs, he’s one of the most feared mafia leaders in town. He had to take over the gang when he turned 18 because his grandfather was sick and no longer able to lead. After three more years his grandfather passed away leaving him alone in the world. The old man was his only family as his father was killed when he was only three years old and his mother got scared and fled after the assassination.

He grew up among his group members and most of them got to take care of him while his grandfather was away or busy. His childhood was a rather funny sight as mobsters were his babysitters and tried their best to take care of the young spoiled leader.

Joaquin is ruthless and ambitious, he’ll stop at nothing when it comes to his gang and making profit to sustain them. He’s vicious and he knows his game well, he’s able to manipulate others with ease and make them follow him around. His way of leading is smart and clean, he never leaves loose ends.

Even though he might look rather skinny, his body is well trained and he’s got lean muscles. He’s been doing box and martial arts since he was a kid so his moves are always on point and he knows how to use his opponents strength against them.

He has a gun license as he likes to keep everything clean. Even though he’s a skilled shooter and can legally carry one around he still prefers to use his fists in a fight. Gun shots attract too much attention and they leave more tracks behind than an old fashioned fight. He also feels the need to punch people to dead when he’s pent up so it’s a way to unwind.

Side Characters

Anthony

9fa7a15c07176e2a394647d802e1c3b8_zpslu9mrqdn.jpg

Brian

5483630ee17353935b38cddf147f12a1_zpsvh9ijqio.jpg

Joaquin sighed as he filled in some fake paperwork for the shipment they would receive in about two weeks. He already had all the parts involved in this transaction in his pocket, he made sure that everyone’s silence and cooperation was bought with hard cash. Proposing the deal to the other parties and convincing them to do it was the fun part, filling in the damn paperwork was not. His signature was already messed up as he lazily dragged the pen on each piece of paper.

“Remind me again why I hired a financial consultant? Why I bothered to get some brains? I know my men aren’t fit for this job, but what about you?”
He complained while shifting his gaze to the man that was sitting opposite of him, sharing the same desk. His name was Anthony and he was dealing with their financial issues, mostly looking for loopholes in the law and coming out with the best solution for bending the law and getting away with all kind of stuff. The man was also aware he was working for the mafia so he had no choice but to stay loyal and not make the wrong move. He was paid well enough not to even think about quitting and going somewhere else though.

“To offer you advice and I’m doing that job accurately. You did not hire me for signing paperwork… And I must let you know again that your signature is required not mine.” He had some sass to him and the guts to talk to his boss like that given that he earned Joaquin’s trust during all those years that he has offered his services to him. It was hard to find someone smart enough for this job and brave enough to take the risk.

“Fine. I will sign those damn papers…”

“You know the cops are onto us, right? What do you plan to do?”

“What do you mean, Anthony? I will continue doing my legal business and make profit and the cops will eventually understand that my hands are not stained by blood.”

“You’re funny Joaquin. We both know that your entire body is bathed in blood. But sure, others shouldn’t be aware of that fact.”

“I’m glad you get me. You shouldn’t say that about your own boss though, it’s not fitting.”

“What do you plan to do about that boy?”

“Hmm, what boy?”

“You know the undercover cop that joined last month and have been snooping around your business?”

“Oh…that guy. I will make him entertain me for a bit. I’m sure he would be fun to mess with, you know how cops are. He’s going to do everything I say in order to get my approval and gain access to our inner circle. I plan on making him take a lot of dirty jobs and force his hand, see how far he can go for his damn job. In the end I’ll just dump some crap on him and get rid of him. Oh, did I also tell you how fun is to give fake leads to the police then act offended and threaten them?”

“Tch, you’re as treacherous as ever.”

“Thank you, I do appreciate the compliment.”
He let a smirk fade into the corner of his mouth then he signed the last paper.

It was almost midnight when he parked his car in front of the club. After he got out of his car he took a deep breath, tasting the fresh cold air of the night. All the way there it was quiet and the traffic was light, he could drive to his heart content without worrying about bumping into someone else. Joaquin was a night owl and hiding into the shadows was his hunting method. The loud music could be heard even from outside. He was a bit tired as he had to fight earlier that day, he had to put one of his guys into place because he was abusing his own woman. He didn’t have much respect for women as his own mother abandoned him and most of the women he’s meet so far were bitches. Trusting women was a risky game so he never allowed them to get too close to him, he himself even hit a few when angry. But that woman had a kid and that he couldn’t stand, that poor woman trying to raise a kid while her husband abused her in front of her kid. Joaquin had no choice but to beat that guy half to death then make sure someone took care of his wounds and formally cut his ties with the gang. He hated people with a burning passion and almost never gave them second chances.

After searching his pocket he took out his lighter and cigarette pack. He put a cigarette between his thin lips then lighted it up starting to breath in the toxic smoke. It was another way of relaxing other that beating people up. While he was sitting there, enjoying his smoke one of hi gang member came out and approached him. His name was Brian and he wasn't a member for a long time as he was still excited about all the mafia setting.

“Hello boss. You’re not coming in today? You know it’s that new member’s welcome party and he’s really eager to meet you.”

“Oh, I bet he is.”
He blew out the smoke inside his mouth, watching it play then vanish into the air.

“Tell me one thing. Do you vouch for him? Do you think he’s fitted for our gang?”
He asked his underling with an amused tone. Unlike him, the group had no idea that a cop was among them, he didn’t tell them because it will cause too much of a ruckus. Plus he was sure his members weren’t such good actors as himself.

“Yes, boss. He’s a good guy. You should meet him.”

He couldn’t help but laugh then he dropped his cigarette and stepped on it.

“Bring him here. It’s too loud inside, we won’t be able to talk.”

Brian seemed happy with the answer he got from his boss and wanted to head out. He took a few steps forward then suddenly turned around.

“Umm boss, I forgot to tell you but you have blood on your neck. You should wipe that out or I can do it for you.” He smiled while approaching his boss again ready to help him get rid of the blood.

“No, just leave it there. Don’t bother. Just go and bring me that boy, I’m also eager to meet him.”

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blastn3

• Joyabe

78b65dcfc3e50e8816aafd227fa5b266.jpg

Currently goes by: Val Santos

SO: Gay

Height: 5'9

Wight: 155 lbs

About: Val grew up with five other siblings, which made it very easy for him to be the least successful, problem child of the family. After getting away with barely legal things when he was a teenager as well as hanging out with a dubious crowd all thorough high school, when he (surprisingly) graduated, Val was faced with a very simple fact: his time freeloading at home was over. His parents would not support him financially anymore, certainly not when he's such a good for nothing. He needed to get a job and get the hell out.

Much to everyone's surprise, within a week of leaving home Val joined the Police Academy. He honestly didn't see why people were surprised- it was a perfect solution for him. He got a job, training for it, housing and food- all while being paid! He was already physically fit when he came to the academy, although more the agile type than a mountain of muscles, and currently, after training and quite a few years on the job, his arsenal only improved; Val is highly trained in hand-to-hand combat, cold and hot weapons and also holds a few more shady skills such as picking locks and pickpocketing.

Ironically, his past made him perfect for undercover missions- he was always smart, quick on his feet, worked great on his own, fit in just right with the more shady crowd and knew how to improvise in difficult situations. Unfortunately, those same qualities that makes him an excellent cop in the field also makes him a pain in the ass for his supervisors and seniors. It's clear Val has problems with authority from time to time, and his commanders have often called him out on not being obedient enough... Val can't really say any of those times made him want to change his ways. That's just the way he is and he sees no reason to change it- especially if he's always getting the work done.

Months of hard work finally brought Val exactly where he wanted to be. Right now, he was sitting on a lavish dark blue swede sofa, surrounded by dangerous looking men that all had to least one woman on their arm. In front of him was a table covered in glasses and bottles of different colored liqueurs, half empty cigarette packets, a few blunts and the remains of white powder. The loud music that blasted in his ears, the smoke that burnt his lungs and the bright lights that kept changing and lit the room in different colors- it was all perfect.

Finally, after months of hard work Val was finally able to get himself into Joaquin Argento's group. It wasn't just the past month when he was finally able to be initiated as a member of the group- months of research and "accidentally" hanging around him group's members over and over again finally bore fruit. Val have finally managed to infiltrate the group and was about to meet the big boss himself tonight.

This was by no means Val's first undercover job, but it was certainly the biggest. Taking down an organization's the size of Argento's was no joke- but he wasn't one either.

-------

"We can't possibly send Alessi for this one!" Val sent a nasty look towards detective Howards, very intentionally stopping on his receding hairline

"He is the best man for this job John," Chief Columbus replied simply, staring at them sternly from over his desk. "He just managed to bring down the Fernandez cartel in six months"

"Five months and eleven days" Val smirked while flipping open and closing the silver lighter in his hand, his smirk only widening when he saw Howards' deepening frown.

It seemed Howards didn't have much else to say. He knew just as well as Chief Columbus that Val was the only one capable of penetrating Argento's group successfully. Despite the obvious hatred between the two, they would have to work together

-------

Smirking at the memory, Val straightened up in his sit just a little the moment he saw Brian walk back into the club. This kid didn't seem like he belonged anywhere near the mafia- but apparently they saw something in him. Whatever, if he was a failure it would only work to Val's advantage- seeing they joined the group around the same time it would only make him look better if Brian fucks something up.

"Val" Brian leaned forward so he could speak in his ear in the loud club "Boss is outside waiting for you."

A small victory smile crossed Val's lips before he nodded, pushing the woman that was all over him off of himself. He wouldn't be interested even under regular circumstances, but given the current situation... well let's just say Adonis himself could throw himself at his feet and Val wouldn't bat an eye. Despite his reputation he actually took his job seriously, and right now he was on the clock.

Pushing his way through the masses of people, Val ran though everything he knew about Joaquin. It was certainly more than he should have known given the fact he never met the men, but intelligence did a decent job. Not that he was about to expose that to his new boss of course.

As he stepped outside, it took Val's eyes a moment to adjust to the relative darkness before they finally landed on Joaquin. Tall, handsome, cold, calculated, dangerous.

A light shiver went through him as he closed the distance to the other, his steps sounding surprisingly loud in his ears in the relative silence. He eventually stopped right in front of him, his eyes stopping for a moment on the blood stain on his neck before they finally lifted to meet Joaquin's.

"Hard day at the office?" Val's lips stretched into a small, knowing smile. He didn't know if Joaquin expected him to be a scared little kitten on their first meeting, but Val was certainly not about to give him that. He would get nowhere by being an obedient, terrified little underling. He needed to get closer to the top. Fast.

Pulling out a pack of cigarettes he offered one to Joaquin before taking one himself and lighting it. Dragging on the long stick, he blew out the smoke before speaking again. "I'm honored, having the boss coming down all the way here just to greet green little me" he cocked his head, his confident tone and straightened gaze clearly not matching the supposedly meek words he chose "Is this the welcome everybody gets?"

He didn’t have to wait long until Val came out to play, it was obvious he was in a rush and he had no intention to upset his leader. Even though the music was still loud he could hear the door opening and closing and then barely make the sound of his steps. He knew the male was there and was approaching him but he didn’t turn his way. He patiently waited for his prey to stop being wary and take the stand. When he stopped in front of him he started analyzing his attire and his posture, his face was familiar though, after all he had him investigated and those reports included pictures as well. Val definitely looked the part and from what he heard he also acted his role very well. If he wasn’t aware of the truth he might have actually bought his story.

He raised an eyebrow at his question and didn’t bother to reply. When he offered him a cigarette he stared at the pack and a smirk formed in the corner of his mouth, it was the same brand he was smoking, he couldn’t help but wonder if it was a personal taste of Val’s or if it was just intel they had on him. Making him smoke the same brand would bring them closer after all. It was scary how someone’s habits could be so easily picked up.

Joaquin extended his hand and took a cigarette. Just smoking one wasn’t enough for him anyway. While snatching it he made sure to ‘casually’ touch the other’s hand just to test the water. He picked up a little flinch right there as the other wouldn’t expect physical contact and most likely was still wary of the man in front of him.

“You should make sure mine is lighted first before you light your own. Haven’t you learn any manners?”
He finally spoke using a sarcastic and cold tone. He didn’t wait for the other to light his cigarette though, he didn’t trust cops enough to allow them to do it. So he did it himself, breathing in the addictive smoke again and trying to relax his stiff body. He should definitely hit a brothel lately and ask for a massage.

“You’re acting too cocky and trying to hide the fact that you’re nervous, Val. I’m not impressed.”
His voice wasn’t as monotone as usual, it carried traces of disgust and menace. Joaquin just like other mobsters didn’t like cops but he wasn’t that upfront about it. He could be subtle about things and he could play around with words and with people. He had to admit though that the man had guts to speak to him like that, well if he wasn’t brave enough he wouldn’t take up such a dangerous mission. Seeing people with guts was nice, them being cocky and rude wasn’t such a pleasant sight though. It seemed like some training was in order for his new toy. But they had all the time in the word after all the police was after his ass and they were willing to patiently wait for a chance to strike.

“You’ll have to work harder and learn some manners. You know Brian even vouched for you. I feel sorry for him now. “
He let some smoke play in the air again and followed it with his eyes, his gaze was unusually empty. For a man that supposedly had everything he was extremely bored. He needed some serious entertainment and maybe the cop was just what he needed.

His last question made him crack a laugh. It did seem that the male was too overconfident and couldn’t contain his desire to gain more access and knowledge. He wanted to get under Joaquin’s skin and make him take an interest. It wouldn’t be as easy as he thought though, the leader wasn’t where he was by being easily played by others and letting them have their way. On the contrary he was the one dealing the cards.

“Do you think you’re special Val? Did your girlfriend tell you that while you were fucking her or something? Did your mom tell you that?”
He was aware that the man was gay and that his relationship with his family was rather rocky, he knew it all but why not tease him a little?
“I will have to tell you the truth. You’re not. Nobody is. This attitude of yours can get you into troubles and I don’t like troubles. Do you understand this, Val? It’s not my way of welcoming you, it’s my way of telling you to behave. As long as you want to be part of my family you keep things clean.”
The threats he made weren’t only meant for Val because he was a cop, no, Joaquin gave a fair warning tot all his new recruits, they had to know their place and follow his lead. He didn’t have time to spare sorting attitude problems and fights among his people or petty fights started with other gangs.

“Why do you want to join my gang, Val? Are you aware that this is not an easy job and that sometimes it might get dirty? I just wonder how good you’re at cleaning.”

He took Val’s left hand and brought it closer to himself then he put it on his neck, lightly making his fingers wipe his skin then he removed it as fast as he grabbed it. The blood got smeared on his neck but also on Val’s fingers.

“It was still fresh. Do you get it? Sometimes you’ll have to wipe blood off my body or off your own body and you’ll be lucky if it’s not your own.”
He finished the sentence with a grin then he dropped his cigarette on the ground.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m afraid I can no longer stay though. My men would take care of you.”

Oh, this was great. Val didn't expect nothing less from Joaquin- the cockiness, confidence, intimidating aura... It was all there. Of course just because it was didn't mean he was about to go back with his tail between his legs- in fact, Val took it as a good sign. Had Joaquin really been uninterested he wouldn't have gone through this whole monologue (which he admittedly said silent throughout). No, certainly Joaquin wasn't the type of man to waste breath on something or someone he wasn't even slightly interested in. He had more than enough men for these types of cases.

Watching the other turn around, Val let out a small smile play on his lips for only a second before speaking again. He wasn't about to let Joaquin end their first meeting quite yet.

"Does that mean you're not special boss? Because I beg to differ" he spoke calmly "That's why I joined. I never thought it would be easy or neat, although" he added with a small chuckle "I'm great at cleaning."

Finally moving, Val took the few steps he didn't until then, closing back the distance that was created between them when Joaquin turned to leave "I lit my cigarette first because I could have easily poisoned you if it was the other way around. But that's not the kind of shit I'm here to pull off. I know what I'm good at, I know where I fit in and I want the best. It's as simple as that. And seeing I don't have a girlfriend to fuck right" his voice took on a hint of sarcasm for only a moment "now I can focus all of my energy on getting you the best."

Moving so that he was right in front of Joaquin, Val lifted his eyes to make direct eye contact with the other "I'm not here to fuck around Mr. Argento. I guarantee you Brian didn't vouch for me for nothing. You give me a chance and I can prove it to you" Val added, trying to thread the line between standing out and accepting authority. After all, trying to challenge to big dog wouldn't get him anywhere- he needed Joaquin on his side, not suspecting him of trying to take over the organization.

Of course, he couldn't be too tame either.

"Also, for the record" he added, taking one last drag of his cigarette before he proceeded to take it out, and very slowly and intentionally, while still maintaining eyes contact with the other, put it off in his left hand that was used to, not very successfully, clean Joaquin "I'm right handed."

Joaquin was pleased that the other didn’t give up so easily and actually chased after him.

“You’re still rushing.”
He let a smile linger in the corner of his mouth as the other kept eye contact and tried his best to gain his full attention. The man was too eager and reckless in his approach. Did they perhaps have a time limit? It would be interesting if the police had a deadline, that would mean he would move faster in getting rid of them.

“In order to catch your prey you have to be patient, you have to set the bait then wait for it to bite.”
Just like he did with Val right now, leaving too early and not giving him the chance to speak his mind had the other man chase after Joaquin. This wasn’t complicated it just required some attention and patience.

“You have yet to prove yourself useful to me. I’m counting on getting the best though.”

Val’s slight attempt at obedience was rather funny, it was obvious that the male had no intention of giving up his control. He didn’t like that situation one bit but he tried to show some sort of respect and acceptance towards his new boss. You could say it was rather admirable of him to try that hard for his job. Joaquin did like a challenge after all so he would take his time training this one. He was also aware of Val’s past, the cop wasn’t such a goodie two shoes before choosing that career, he used to be on the other side of the law. And the young boss knew better than anyone that once you taste the forbidden fruit you can’t go back, you can try to act good and pretend it was just a phase but deep down you’ll end up craving that taste again. Given his new environment Val was bound to regress.

“Well you have guts, I’ll give that to you. Don’t worry you’ll be needing both hands to clean up. Things usually get very dirty.”
Joaquin was not one not bite back when provoked. The leader gave his best to keep his composure in any situation but his snark was always present.

Just to give the other man a sense of satisfaction and make him think he had the upper hand he stopped next to his car then turned around to face him. He leaned against the car while inviting him closer with his gaze.

“I’ll take another poisoned cigarette if you don’t mind. Meanwhile you should tell me more about yourself, Val.”
Joaquin was also curious how good at lying the man was. He had to hear his fake story himself in order to measure his abilities. Most likely his underlings were easier to impress and lie to. He needed to gain a proper understanding of his opponent first in order to bring him down. Joaquin always had a hidden agenda and played with people just the right way.

Joaquin turned out to be everything Val had been hoping for and more. He never liked an easy target- in a twisted way he enjoyed the challenge, and Joaquin clearly was no fool. It was understandable then, why he was satisfied when the other continued indulging him.

A small smile tugging at one corner of his mouth at the other's request, Val slowly stalked towards him. It wasn't just his walk that made him resemble a cat- his almost golden eyes, him being a loner, heck even the fact he hated rain- all of those gave him an almost feline aura at times.

When he reached the other, he took out his cigarettes again, but this time pulled out a single cigarette from the packet and presented it right to Joaquin's lips before lighting it. "Well, I'm not that interesting boss" Val spoke softly, although his eyes suggested differently "I just rather get the things I want faster, and playing by the rules doesn't always pay off. I just found it out early on, that's all" Val already knew sticking as close to the truth as possible would make his story more believable and easier to follow. "Also... it's not as fun" he added, cocking his head.

Oh, Val was having fun alright. Finally the idiots back at the force put him against a worthy opponent. There was a thrill Val was feeling only from being in close proximity to Joaquin. This man was interesting and smart. Very smart. It would be a huge mistake on Val's part to underestimate him- not that he would of course. But that just meant he needed to learn about him all the more. He needed to know more than the dry details he already had if he wanted to take this man down- he needed to understand how he works, how he thinks, what moves him. He needed to really know Joaquin.

"What about boss? I'm sure you're more interesting than me" Val leaned against the dark car "You talked about setting a bait to catch a pray. Isn't this a little too simplistic? Don't all men respond to the same things? Well," Val corrected himself as he let his eyes drift across the other's face "Most men at least." Obviously he wouldn't be as stupid as to ask Joaquin directly what his weaknesses were- he wasn't an idiot. What he needed right now was to understand how this man thinks while also establishing some sort of connection between them. That would be the first and most important step for the success of his mission.

Well he did learn something after all given that he actually bothered to lit Joaquin’s cigarette this time. That would be a win for the young leader. He definitely needed a lot of cigarettes to burn down his worries. And no, Val wasn’t his main concern, they had some shit going on with another big gang in town. He had to be careful while handling such disputes as everything could lead to a mafia war. Wars weren’t his cup of tea, especially not now when he also had cops after his ass. He breath in the familiar smoke and let his eyes slide towards the sky. It was cloudy as no start were shinning, only a part of the moon was offering them a dim light.

“Patience is the key to every win. Remember that you can easily scare away your prey while your intention is to make your prey come to you. And good things don’t come easy.”
Their situation was similar as they were both preying on each other, the only difference was that Joaquin had an advantage. He knew the other’s true intentions and he was a patient man when he had to. The other didn’t seem as eager to wait. Plus he already made Val come to him and he was starting to bite. Even though his words didn’t say it he could read it in his eyes. The way he looked at him, the cop was definitely interested in him more than on a professional level. And he wanted him there, he needed to gain his attention so that he could focus on Joaquin’s mind games rather than on his movements. If he was more interested in the leader than in his business then things would be easier to play out.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?”
A rhetorical question served with irony. He couldn’t help himself given that the other changed the subject and didn’t offer any useful information about himself. And to think he was trying to get information out of Joaquin in such a distasteful way. If it was that easy to make him talk about himself then any of his opponents could easily gain access to intel and he would’ve been crushed by now. He was a calculate and cautious man. Not even his subordinates knew a lot about their boss, they knew enough in order to respect and follow him but definitely not enough in order to bring him down.

“If it were that simple to set an effective trap then most humans would’ve been in cages by now.”
And indeed if the cops were that good at setting traps then mafia would cease to exist. Fortunately that wasn’t the case and Joaquin’s business was thriving.

“Where are you from Val and what’s your family like?”
He went for the direct approach this time given that the other dodged his first attempt at questioning. Now he had no choice but to answer, after all direct questions are meant for forcing your opponent in a corner. Joaquin wanted his chance to test his abilities, not saying anything concrete was believable so far. But he wanted to see this man lie to him.

“I like to get to know my subordinates first. You gotta make sure that the dog you’re feeding won’t bite your hand after all. Good try though.”

That last sentence thrown in his direction gave Val the exact glance into the type of man Joaquin was he needed. So subordinates were nothing but dogs, ha? Sure there might have been a few exceptions and there was also the possibility Joaquin was putting up a front to create an intimidating impression, but Val had the feeling he was quite honest in his feelings. That was exactly the reason he needed to take him down- this kind of man was way too dangerous running free on the streets. If he couldn't even perceive his own people as human, Val could only imagine the way he looked at other people.

"Well, I do think setting up an effective trap is that easy. I just think most people are too stupid to realize it" Val referred to that early statement rather than the question addressed to him. He didn't even have to lay for that particular statement- most people were simple. Manipulating them was easy. They were just too simple to realize it.

"As for me... As I said, I'm not very interesting" Val chuckled and leaned against the car, crossing his arms "Grew up in a shitty suburb right outside the city, in a shitty home, with shitty parents and too many shitty kids" he knew coming up with some tragic background would make him suspicious, not interesting "I'm sure you haven't heard that one yet" he raised an eyebrow at Joaquin.

Surely he had at least a dozen men working underneath him with the exact same story. Unlike Joaquin who grew into a crime empire, most people who found themselves in this world didn't have that same glamorous upbringing. Obviously Joaquin would know that very well. But this chitchat wasn't bringing them all that far...

"I'm curious though" Val was now playing with the silver lighter in his hand, opening and closing it repeatedly "You say you would like to get to know me, but surely you already do. You let me into your organization, haven't you? I guess I'm curious..." Val dragged his eyes from the floor and up to Joaquin's face "Why me?"

Val didn’t go into details this time either, it was like he was avoiding the subject. After all it’s easier to keep it simple when you lie, that way you won’t lose yourself into details. Using too many words and explanations would also seem forced as if he would try to convince him he wasn’t lying. So far he kept a clean balance and he looked legit. No wonder his underlings were fooled so easily. Well Val also had his past which was an advantage in such situations, he knew the streets and its people. If he were some uptight FBI suit the wouldn’t have resisted even a few minutes among his men.

“I know your background Val but I also needed to know the man. And this is actually your real test, what you’ve done so far was just playing around and entertaining my men. You need my approval to be part of the gang. You know I can make someone disappear really easily so don’t think you know too much or that you’ll ever have the upper hand. If you want to belong to me you will have to give your whole being to the cause.”
That was another speech he usually gave to impress the fresh meat and to make them crave even more attention and to want to become special to their leader. After all every man is looking for a purpose in life and for someone to lead him there. Joaquin was a born leader so he had others follow him around from a young age.

“I’m looking to adopt a grumpy puppy. You look the part so far. I wonder if you’ll become that puppy.”
He teased the male as he didn’t seem content with being under someone’s rule. He was pushing and trying to overpower Joaquin at every turn. Joaquin also pretty much avoided the question as the answer was only obvious to him, he let Val in because he was a cop and he wanted to play a chasing game and offer fake leads to the police.

“You’ll need a collar though. How good are you with collars, Val?”
He played again, letting a smirk crowd into the corner of his mouth. He was aware that it would displease the other and that he couldn’t openly show it as he couldn’t act unnecessarily rude towards his boss. Was Joaquin also pushing too much and trying to test Val? He most likely was.

Val didn't mind Joaquin avoiding his questions- after all, he was a hard to crack nut and he expected nothing less from him. He didn't mind the whole intimidation speeches act either- give yourself to the cause, the group comes first, blah blah blah... It wasn't the first time he heard all of that. He didn't even mind Joaquin's apparent disdain towards most humans- in fact, Val could maybe even identify (just a little) with that specific sentiment.

No, the thing that got to Val, even though he couldn't let the other know it, was being compared to a dog. Val hated dogs. They were blindly loyal, barked without a reason, and they all had that funky dog smell. Val was nothing like a dog, thank you very much. He could easily point to more than one man inside that were, but he was nothing like them.

For just a moment, Val's thoughts wandered and he wondered what would happen if he would just punch Joaquin in the face. A quick glance towards his knuckles informed Val that the blood on the other's neck probably did not belong to him, but was definitely drawn by him. Even if he wasn't hit he was probably experiencing some level of exhaustion, and while he was larger than him, Val was confident enough in his own skills. They seemed to be alone outside, so if he just acted fast enough...

Drawing in a small breath, Val used the cool night air to refocus himself. It was nice to fantasize, but he wouldn't be able to complete his mission if he'll just do whatever he want. Punching Joaquin right now would mean not getting paid. Not to mention he would never hear the end of it from detective Howards... No, no. He was better off staying a professional.

Or, well, as professional as Val could be.

"I've been told collars are a good look on me" Val couldn't completely keep the sarcasm out of his voice. Even if Joaquin kept telling him he was looking for a dog, he already had enough of those inside. That wasn't to say he wanted a wild card either- Val would probably be thrown out immediately if he would act like one. No, he just had to prove he was a smart dog.

"What would you like to see me in boss?" Val asked quietly. Clearly Joaquin was intent on testing his loyalty- it only made sense he would. The only question was how- although Val wasn't too worried about that either, he just needed Joaquin to give him the test. He never failed to impress the people he needed to get close to in the past, and given the size and organization of Joaquin's group it would probably be something simple with the low ranks. Val hid the shadow of a smile that thought evoked- fooling the lower ranks members would be a piece of cake. Not only would he probably need to put in minimal effort to do so, he could also very likely not really do anything too bad while doing it. Not that he was bragging (well, maybe a little), but he was certain his skills level far exceeded that of the lower ranks. Yes, that should be a walk in the park- all he needed was for Joaquin to state his price.

Benet

snake-eastern-europe-costume_zpsnestoivi.png

Elizabeth

large%201_zps9be472u6.jpg

Joaquin could barely keep himself from laughing outloud. The smile on his face widened as he watched the other man struggle to maintain his composure and not compromise his mission. By the look on his face he was probably thinking of punching the hell out of Joaquin. He was trying his best to remain calm and not act on impulse but the leader knew how to read people. The look in their eyes always gave them away and he was pretty sure Val was hating on him right now.

“You shouldn’t fantasize about punching your boss. I mean I’m pretty sure there are more fun kinks out there.”
He joked and actually ended up laughing. How could his men be so easily fooled with that level of skill? The man was practically an open book for the young leader. He was aware though that not everyone was as perceptive and smart as him. They didn’t need a leader for nothing.

“I’m glad they look good on you because you’ll be wearing one soon.”

He got the keys out of his pocket and unlocked the car. This time he wasn’t pretending to leave. It was getting late and he was tired, plus he already got what he came for. He opened the car’s door then sat on the driver’s seat. Before he closed the door he gave Val one last glance.

“I don’t need anything from you right now. Enjoy the party.”

Joaquin started the car and drove away, not looking back at his new prey anymore. Some dog training was definitely in order especially since this one was unnecessarily barking. But he was a patient man and he took his time with training, making sure that his dogs stayed loyal and obedient. He grabbed his phone and called an older gang member that was at the party.

“Yes, boss?”

“Listen Benet, about the new guy, don’t give him anything big this week, ok? Just make him run boring errands and make sure he’s aware of it. Also give him a lot of them, I don’t care that you don’t actually need anything, make up something and make him do it. And let me know when he wants to meet me again. Oh and I almost forgot, go and buy a collar, the thick leather one, you know those that look like they’re made for dogs? When he asks for me, tell him he has to wear than if he wants an audience, ok?”

“I understand boss.”

“Good.”

He hung up then searched another number in his contact list. This time it was a woman’s name, a very familiar one actually. It took a bit for her to answer given the late hour.

“Hello, Elizabeth. I’ll be there in 10. I’d like to find you in that hot red lingerie and tied to the bed.”

“Yes, master.”

“Good girl.”
He praised her then he hung up the phone.

Oops. Val might have underestimated the other just a little. Although, in his defense, he was really good at hiding his thoughts and emotions. Joaquin just appeared to be very good at reading them regardless. Well, not like there was much he could say or do. Objecting or denying at this point was equal to admitting he was thinking exactly that, so instead, Val kept his mouth tightly shut while Joaquin bid him goodbye, watching the dark car as it drove away.

If he was being honest, he didn't really feel like going back inside. Not like he could really drink and let loos considering he was on the job, and the men inside weren't important enough for him to want to hang out with. He would have just ditched and headed home, if not for Joaquin's last words and the face it would make him look suspicious- something he really couldn't afford right now.

With a small sigh, Val turned on his heel and headed straight back into the noisy club. He was about to sit back down at the large table occupied by the gang members when Benet called him. Even without his newcomer status, Benet was still sitting high enough above him in the group's hierarchy for Val to not dare ignore him. The last thing he needed was troubles even with the lower ranks.

"What's up?" Val shouted to be heard over the loud music. He didn't like the nasty smile that spread on Benet's face one bit.

"You were gone for so long we ran out of... everything" Benet's innocent tone was very unconvincing "I'm sure the ladies could use a drink. A scotch, neat for me. Oh, and while you're at it, check if the other guys need anything else."

And with that, Val's fate as a waiter/errand boy/general bitch was sealed. After spending the rest of the night getting drinks, tipping people and even escorting one slightly too drunk girl to the bathroom, he got only very few hours of sleep before the torture continued.

For the next week, he found himself buying, returning, driving, serving, lifting, moving and cleaning. In fact, he was doing so much insignificant things without getting closer to anything meaningful that the higher ups were beginning to get nervous- nervous enough to start pressuring Val. To their credit, Val really did move faster usually. But dammit, they should have known Joaquin wouldn't be as simple- that was the reason they put him on the case in the first place. Still, Val thought he couldn't take much more of Howards' nagging before he'll go crazy.

For that exact reason, he decided it was safe to at least try and get some information about when this torture was going to end.

"So," Val opened as he placed a pack of cigarettes and about three pounds of gummy bears -the result of his latest errand- in front of Benet "Not that I'm not enjoying this whole hazing thing, but is this really the reason you guys had me join?"

"Are you getting tired new boy?" Benet smirked at him, causing Val to wish he could erase this smirk permanently. He was way overqualified to do those sorts of things- not that any of those idiots were smart enough to recognize it. Val was thinking he was just about ready to die from the boredom.

"Of course not" Val smiled at him, hiding his irritation "I just figured I could be put to better use" he raised an eyebrow, looking at the items in front of Benet.

"Well, this is something you'll have to talk to boss about. Although I think you make a great bitch" Val didn't like the knowing smirk Benet was wearing again one bit. "But, I guess if you think you're ready to put on your big boy's shoes you can talk to boss... Although you'll have to put on something else first."

Oh, Val was smelling troubles alright.

--------

Actually, he thought about an hour later as he waited outside of Joaquin's office, this wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. Sure the large and very visible collar he was wearing attracted a lot of attention when he walked to the office- the way he was told to get there, but he never really cared too much about what other people thought. Plus, it kind of matched the leather jacket he was wearing. He thought he was really pulling it off.

The only question was whether humiliation was the only purpose of this ridiculous collar. He didn't imagine Joaquin would ask him to wear an actual one, but he went ahead and did. That man sure was unpredictable, which made the wait outside his office a little more exciting. Val didn't even know whether he was in or if Benet told him he was coming. All he was told to do was wear the collar and wait outside of the boss' office- directions which he followed religiously. All Val could do now to get himself somewhere is be obedient and hope Argento would finally let him in a little closer.

Joaquin drove to Elizabeth’s place and just like he said, he got there in about ten minutes. He took the elevator to the seventh floor then searched for the room number that she texted him. She didn’t only use hotels for sleeping around she was practically living in them, spending various amount of time in each of them as she didn’t stay still for long. He appreciated that about her, even though she was a bit paranoid sometimes. But it was good for him if she moved around a lot and others won’t be able to easily track her down.

The door was unlocked as he requested so he didn’t have to knock. He made his way in the he locked the door behind him. He couldn’t help but laugh at the scene that was presented in front of his eyes. Elizabeth was indeed wearing a sexy red lingerie but she wasn’t the one cuffed to the bed, a man was. The thing that amused him though was that the girl was sitting on top of him with her ass on his stomach and looked very impatient. Not to mention that the handcuffs used on the guy were pink and fluffy. The man was also struggling and freaking out but only muffled sounds could be heard as he was also gagged.

“Oh, Joaquin. Finally!”

“I see you did follow my orders. Are you aware that we were using codes and you didn’t have to actually wear that?”

“Shut up. You fucked me in the past and we totally played around. A girl can still hope right?”

“Oh you’re horny? You can always screw that guy over there. I’m sure he’ll be more than eager to please you instead of dying. I’m not fucking you tonight, Liz. I’m tired.”

“Tsk…you’re such a bore.”

“So did you make him speak?”

“No. I was waiting for you like a good girl. I thought you know that you could use the fun.”

Joaquin was quite good at predictions so he estimated quite fairly the amount of time it would take for Val to seek him out. One week was more than enough to drive him crazy running errands for his men and making no progress with his job. Plus he knew Benet, that sly dog would take any chance to actually exploit someone and order them around. Most likely he had a lot of fun picking on the new guy. So in about one week he got the call, Benet reported that Val wanted to see him.

It was around ten pm but he was still at the office as him an Elizabeth had some business to sort out. The man they interrogated last week eventually broke. After torturing him for a few days he chirped like a bird. And Joaquin didn’t even have to do all the dirty work, that woman was actually even better than him at torture and obtaining information. They had some sort of insight about their opponent and what he wanted so they had to plan ahead. After finishing their conversation and not yet coming to a conclusion they headed outside.

“Oh, what do we have here?”
he asked as he stepped outside the building and saw Val patiently waiting for him. Judging by the time Benet gave him the heads up, the boy most likely waited for at least half an hour before he came out. And to top it off he was actually wearing the collar that Benet gave him. Well that was indeed a good boy and he was more than pleased with the sight, maybe he even enjoyed it more than he should. Joaquin had quite the sadistic streak and he loved to manipulate and train others.

“A good puppy. You weren’t lying, it suits you like a glove.”
He let a smirk crowd in the corner of his mouth as he got closer to the man. He traced the collar with his fingers then he let two slide between the collar and his neck and dragged him towards him, pulling him closer. Joaquin made eye contact, analyzing all his confusion and doubt and savoring it.

“You look more tame now. It’s a good look. No more fantasies about punching me?”
He teased then he let him go.

“Your new toy? He’s cute, I like him. Nice collar!” Elizabeth said rather excited as she herself would’ve loved to get one of those. Well she already had an impressive collection as she was quite the masochist.

“Oh right. This is my new puppy. I named him Val.”

Elizabeth interest was piqued and given the conversation he had with Joaquin earlier she definitely wanted to have the man alone. She was one of his capo so she knew that Val was a cop. Gathering information about him and running that background check was also her job so she somewhat felt like she already knew the man.

“Can I have him? I mean like borrow him? I’d like to pet him.” She smiled then she came closer to him and stood in front oh him. She was rather tall herself and she was wearing unnecessarily high heels so she was almost at his level. Her hand went for his chin and lifted his head then she brushed her fingers on his cheek in a somewhat affectionate gesture.

“What do you say Val? Seems like my friend took an interest in you. She’s a masochist and she gives good head. Would you like to try her out?”
He was well aware that Val was gay but he couldn’t let the chance of making fun of him slip away. He was totally considering making the woman jump him and watch him struggle.

Unfortunately the charade ended pretty abruptly as Elizabeth had more pressing matters at hand that she needed to deal with. So she left the poor guy alone after giving him a peck on his cheek . Then she went back to Joaquin and kissed him on the lips as goodbye.

“See you later master” She teased then winked at him.

She turned around on her heels and left, leaving the two of them alone. Joaquin searched his pockets for his cigarette pack as he didn’t have one in what felt like years even though only two hours have passed. He put the cigarette between his lips then he lit it. The fragrant quality tobacco tickled his senses.

“So, Val, what’s on your mind?”
He asked after he exhaled the smoke.

The week Val spent away from Joaquin seemed to give him the time and perspective he needed to reevaluate him. When the other stepped out after only thirty minutes of waiting, Val still had plenty of patience left. He knew now this was the most important thing he had to have in order to deal with Joaquin, and this time he came much better equipped.

Nothing more than a shadow of a smile crossed his lips as he stood there and listened to Joaquin's teasing, although he certainly did want to punch him seeing how much he seemed to enjoy belittling him and referring to him as nothing more than an object. But Val was better than that- he was a professional. He didn't even object when Joaquin pulled him closer, despite the fact that every born and acquired instinct in his body told him to jerk free. Instead, Val took a small breath and submitted himself to the other.

Submitting himself to that woman was more of a challenge. Not because she was a woman- Val was raised right and despite how he seemed, knew how to be a gentleman- but because there was no gain in it. Joaquin was his target- this woman, as far as he knew, was just one of his henchmen... or, well, henchpeople.

Just like the good puppy Joaquin wanted him to be, Val sent a meek yet empty smile at Elizabeth. He didn't bother replying to her question, although he did let her touch him as she liked. Obviously she had no real interest in him- she just spent some one on one time with Joaquin, and regardless of the nature of their relationship, she could surely do better than an apparent low rank like Val. No, Elizabeth would definitely not go for him, regardless of who or what she was for Joaquin. This was nothing but a game for her.

"I would never dare lay my hands on any of boss' friends" Val replied with mock seriousness underlined with a hint of sarcasm and just a pinch of a challenge. Despite submitting himself, Val was no idiot and had no intention of starting to act like one. Not only would it never get him to his goal, but Joaquin would never buy it. It was way too late and way too unbearable to act like a common fool.

The ease with which Elizabeth let him go only forced his point. For her, he was nothing but a play thing- very much the same way he was for Joaquin- and her words had no real meaning behind them. She was just one of those people who loved watching others squirm.

Val's eyes followed Elizabeth as she left, only turning to look at Joaquin when the other spoke again. "You see boss," Val's tone remained just as innocent, but his smile twisted up a notch, as if disclosing something that was just between the two of them "Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy getting Benet his cigarettes and his beer and his favorite snacks, but I figured maybe there's something more I could do. I mean," his hand was sent to his collar, his finger sliding under the leather strip and playing with it "Even a puppy can grow up and become a guard dog, right?"