The Gifts of the Ungifted ( Yujiko x StainedCrimson )

Yujiko

2cd69469936328ae6cbecc0188f6b687.jpg

Name:

Hideki Ignatiev

Hair Color:

Dark Brown

Eye Color:

Brown

Sexuality:

Gay (Closeted)

Special Agent, focus - Special Crimes involving Powers

Personality:

The warmest, friendliest, and sweetest man in the SCU is Hideki. Filled to the brim with empathy and sympathy, the young Russian-Japanese man is the perfect good guy in a bad cop/good cop scenario. Hideki is the kind of person who buys coffee for all the people who are never asked, the kind of person you call to pick you up when you drank too much and need a safe ride home, and the same person who would shoot a murder's brains out if he needed to. One of the freshest Agents in the SCU, Hideki Ignatiev is often picked on for how green he is, how short he is, and how feminine he looks- but he never takes it to heart, and knows it's all in jest. In fact he often laughs with the rest of his unit. Hideki never forgets a birthday and always has a present ready, be it a small token or a giant stuff bear. He is one never wanting to see a person down or sad, and will do anything to make them happy, but he will not tolerate bullying or dangerous aggression. Quite the light weight, the short man does little drinking and he he does he often stays put rather than go out looking for a cab or wandering the streets in the night.

Books, Most Movies, Cats, Helping People, and Going out to Eat.

Dislikes:

Abuse of Power(s), Seeing People Hurt, Not Being Able to Help, Scary Movies, Haunted Houses, and Spiders.

"I'm being reassigned?!", shouted a seemingly high but still masculine voice. Wide eyes searched the Special Crimes Unit director's face for answers he would never receive. "I'm sorry Ignatiev, Hashimoto is going to take over the Yujisana murders and you're going to attend the Power Inclusion Initiative program at the Advanced School of the Well Gifted," stated a redheaded woman with a stoic expression. The short man inhaled sharply and huffed," Director, I've spent the last four months on this case, can't you send someone else? I... I mean this is my first real case, ma'am and I-" The woman shook her head cutting off the short brunette before her. "No, I'm sorry Hideki, I didn't make the orders- the uppers did. Now-", standing from her chair the woman handed the short half-breed a yellow packet. "In here is everything you need for the time you'll spend away at the college, I hear it can be really fun so try to make the most of it, okay? And I swear I'll try to get you back on the Yujisana case when you get back. Now, go on, you need to get a move on Agent." The short man took the packet and dropped his head in defeat," Yes, director." With a short bow, the young man headed out of the office and down the hall.

Hideki Ignatiev was an Agent for the Federal Agency, and he worked in a very specific department- the Special Crimes Unit. The Special Crimes Unit, or SCU for short, was formed upon the discovery of Gifts or powers within humans. This unit was designed to investigate particular cases having to deal with only the most heinous of crimes, and crimes having to do with Gifts or powers. It wasn't that long ago that the Agency designed a program welcoming Gifted or powered peoples into positions within their ranks, and the SCU is the last of all departments and divisions to adopt this program. This program allows for hand picked Agents from within units to go to special colleges and scout for recruits to hire into the Agency, and it's in most cases an honor.

However, in this case Hideki Ignatiev- our lovely small man of the age of twenty-seven -found himself rather upset by this "honor" which pulled him off of the biggest case of his career. A gentle sigh tumbled from his soft pale lips, and he would lift a hand to run it through his dark oak colored locks. He was rather disappointed but he knew this was suppose to be a great and easy job, some even said it was basically free pay to just hangout with young people again, but right now he was a bit jaded.

It was still rather early in the morning when the small form of an Agent found himself before a rather enormous college," Oh wow...", he said with awe stretched over his face. It was a true marvel, this place. Small steps carried the Agent past the glorious gates of the Gifted school, and he eventually found himself surrounded by people in the center of a rather busy courtyard. Today was the last day of the Internship and Career Fair that the school held at the start of every semester, and beyond a few school clubs and some other places that desire Gifted minds- the Agency had a both for every single department. Hideki head straight for his department's booth and would give a short nod to a few of the men there. "Takei, Warren- how's the college life treating you?", questioned the young man as he moved to get inside the tent that kept the bright sun from roasting them all. "Oh, dude, Hideki- fucking awesome. So many hot young birds-", Takei said as he followed Hideki with his gaze. Warren chimed in," Yo man that's just wrong, this chicks are young enough to be your daughter." "But, they aren't Warren- don't you see?", the two men chuckled before looking back at Hideki. "So, 'Hidi' did you get sub'd in?", asked one of the two men. A quiet nodded was given as a response and the one Agent by the name of Warren gained a surprised expression, "Wait, you're telling me they took you off of Yujisana for this?" Ignatiev sighed and nodded," Yeppp." "Oh that's such shit man," Takei said shaking his head," Oh shit- but hey man- at least you can get laid here ya' know. I mean Warren and I are old men-" "Hey, speak for yourself Takei" "-No fuck you Warren- What I'm trying to say Hideki is enjoy yourself, sample some of that fine ass that's walking around here man!"

Hideki couldn't help but let out a loud belly laugh, nearly falling over. Warren hit Takei up the side of his head, and the other hissed. "Oh, geez- I love you guys. So, how's the actual recruiting going?", as the young Agent ask the question he would move toward the two men and pull a chair up to sit in it. "Well we've had a few, but I think there might be one or two that are just dodging the sign-ups," mentioned Warren. Hideki's eyes moved between the two men as they spoke. "Yeah, I hear there is this one kid who's got power from multiple elemental branches." Hideki's eyes widen," What? No way...", Takei nods. "Yeah dude."

After some short chitchat, the three Agents simply return to greeting the students and young peoples that walked by, asking if they would want to sign up and explaining to those interested what it is their unit does. Hideki was forced to stand outside the tent and hand out pamphlets right infront of the tent," Come on guysss, I don't want to do this! You've been sitting all day!" "Tough rookie," Hideki huffed and stood there with the little books in hand handing them out to whomever walked by really. "Great..."

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yujiko

• StainedCrimson

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRElSl-mrd24d6lpwdKCHiXpWCzPOYxa445aCkd1bOZ9fizle76

Name:

Michaelis (Meh-kai-less) Valentine (val-en-teen)

Hair Color:

Black

Eye Color:

Gold

Sexuality:

Bi-sexual, but prefers men

Student

Personality:

Reserved and solitary, it is easy to see the term 'lone wolf' being applied to Michaelis. That's not to say that he isn't kind or considerate towards others, just that he so rarely interacts with others. He does tend to give off the vibe of "back off" or "stay away" without really being aware of it, but a lot of it comes down to his looks scaring others due his assortment of piercings and jewelry, to the eye patch over his right eye, and then his one eye being a old-gold color. Even without his powers many find his gaze to be unsettling as though being measured by a predator, and so give him a wide berth.

Working, exercising, the library, and animals

Dislikes:

Busy/noisy places, people staring at his eye patch, people hurting animals, and people butting into his business

Slowly walking up to the school that he's been "accepted" and "invited" to attend, he pauses to look over the structure. Other than a slight thinning of his lips, his blank look doesn't change to indicate his irritation at having been forced to attend secondary school for the gifted. Personally he thinks it's a load of bullshit and only a means to keep an eye on those with powers and force them into occupations where they can be monitored for the remainder of their lives. Make sure their power doesn't go to their heads like the few extremists that have already.

The only reason he didn't get this out of the way early on was because he was working. Not that he couldn't have gotten time off, but the thought of losing a day's worth of work to attend some asinine entry ceremony disgusted him. It wasn't his choice to continue school instead of working full-time after all, but the letter was clear about the consequences if he didn't attend at least one day.

Letting out an inaudible sigh, he goes to sign in and get his one day of required attendance done and over with. Mentally bracing himself, Michaelis joins the throng and begins to wander through the stalls and various displays. The food is decent at least. He thinks while finishing a snack, lightly licking the crumbs from his fingers he happens to catch the whispered comments at a booth.

"Yeah, I hear there is this one kid who's got power from multiple elemental branches." " What? No way..." "Yeah dude."

Stilling as his body tenses slightly, he decides to just brush off the whole internship portion. They'll just place him somewhere regardless of if he signs up or, but he doesn't feel like dealing with all the questions and looks at the moment. Having seen the looks and whispers about him so far has been bad enough, but if the loudmouths figure out who he is then it'll only get worse.

Rubbing the bridge of his nose, he turns to leave the area so he can waste time wandering elsewhere until he can leave. Idly he recalls that he'll need to get his class schedule and books before heading home while turning to walk away.

"Have you considered the SCU for internship? Here please take a pamphlet- Thank you!", Hideki give a bright and happy smile to a student as he spoke, however when the student began to walk away he gained a rather melancholy expression. Here he was giving people folded paper when he could be doing some work. A sigh tumbled from his lips like his hopes and dreams. The day seemed to drag on forever and ever. It was then that the young Agent eyed a rather peculiar looking student- an eye patch and piercings? How he didn't think too much of it and returned to handing out small booklets of paper.

Eventually the small festival of sorts would be nearing a close, and Hideki along with Takei and Warren would be packing up the small tent. "So how many sign ups were there for the Agency?", the young man asked his comrades as he stacked a few chairs to carry. Warren spoke," Gene over at HQ says that there were twenty-four or so required attendees and about 19 actually signed up to a department. "Interesting, what happens to those who don't sign up?", ask Hideki curiously as he lifted the stack of chairs with little struggle. Takei chimed in," Nothing really, they just get drafted into an internship based on powers, ratio, and use per department. Right now since we hardly have any powered people we get a lot of the drifters." Giving a small hum of sorts, the raven haired Agent would nod. "I see, when do they find out about their internship assignments?", Hideki questioned as he moved with the crew of three. "Usually the last night of the festival after all the powers have been tallied usually," said Warren as he walked with Hideki carrying some boxes. "Yeah man, and then we find out tomorrow afternoon who are little kouhai's are going to be!", Takei shouted happily to the other two. Hideki shook his head and laughed," Only you, Takei. Only you."

Later on it was like any other night at the Ignatiev residence. Hideki had showered and set out his clothes for the following day, he had already eaten dinner and was simply in the living room watching some reality shows. He hummed to himself for a moment before clicking off the television, and sitting there in silence a moment. "So... Tomorrow we get paired with a Gifted," brown eyes wondered to a small cat and meowed up at him before jumping into his lap. "Should I be excited Momo?", he questioned the cat before petting it softly. "Mroew!", the cat voice quickly before curling up against the small man and purring loudly. "Well, when you say it like that, I guess I have to be- right?", the raven chuckled and lifted the cat to hold her in his arms as the Agent stood to his feet and moved into the bedroom. He set down Momo and then plopped onto the bed, curling over on his side. The cat moved over and curled up next to him. "Goodnight, Momo," he murmured before drifting off.

Before long it was morning at the college, and the small Agent that was Hideki Ignatiev had a yawn stretched across his mouth and his small hand rubbed at his eyes. "Good mornin' sleepy Hideki!~", sing-sung Takei and he wrapped an arm around the smaller man. Hideki finished his yawn and sleepily looked up at Takei," How can you be so awake at this hour?" Takei had a quick response," Kids, Hideki. Once you have them you never ever ever sleep in again, my advice is learn from your buddy Takei and don't have them." "Oh, shut up Takei, you don't mean that," said Warren as he caught up to the two quickly. "Kids are great and you love your kids, so stop lying to Hideki...", once Warren caught up the three men began for the school administration office to pick up some badges and what not in preparation for the pairings.

By the time he leaves he's at least full from all the samples that he ate as well as the one or two snacks actually bought. Deciding to head home for the day, Michaelis heads towards the more avoided portion of town. It's not a real bad areas in itself, but it borders the nasty side of town where the drug dealers and gangs have predominately set up. "And it's only gotten worse with the rise of Powers." He murmurs to himself while walking past shops, homes, apartment buildings, and such that are slowly showing signs of neglect and disuse.

Eventually he comes to a small two story building crammed between other buildings that only seems to show minor signs of aging and neglect. Going around back he's greeted by several animals, a few cats, a couple dogs and even a coyote. Huffing in amusement Michaelis kneels down and pets them all. "You guys aren't out here causing trouble are you? If you are, don't expect me to save you." He threatens but the animals stare at him as if knowing the threat is empty. Snorting in amusement he stands up and goes up to get them some food before handing out a few last pats before closing the door.

To say his place isn't in much danger of being broken into or attacked is pretty accurate. Even without his own abilities the animals he's saved and helped to recover seem to stick around and keep an eye out for unwanted guests. The last person who attempted to break into the building had been found running with several cats clinging to him in a furry as they bit and clawed him. The memory still makes him smile.

With a yawn, the young student stretches then heads back to take a shower before going to bed. He can already tell that tomorrow is going to be a pain. Once clean and laying down in his bed, he lets out a soft sigh and slowly falls asleep as one of the cats slips in through the open window to curl up next to him, purring softly as it too falls asleep.

Come the next morning Michaelis lets out a low growl as he glares at the email he has received. His "random assignment" was with the SCU where he will be working with a normal. Throwing his phone down on the bed in disgust, he gets dressed and arms himself. Most think of his metal piercings and adornments such as rings and necklaces are some sort of statement or phase, but that's only because they don't know what they're really for. Granted, those are only the ones that people can see. Dressed and equipped, he leaves to head towards where he'll be meeting his "partner". On the way he stops at a small shop to get some coffee and something to eat on the way.

Reluctantly he arrives at the room at the school where he is to wait for his partner, along with the others who are with the SCU, and goes into a back corner to wait. The others stare, both discreetly and blatantly, and begin talking about him as soon as he enters the room. He knows it's more to do with his looks than anything, but it still irritates him. Eventually he turns and stares them down, his one eye narrowed. "If you have something to say, then say it to my face." His tone is flat, low, and no signs of anger in it but it still causes the others to jolt and quickly shut up until the agents arrive to get them.

Snorting softly, he leans back in his chair and continues to sip at his coffee while waiting for whomever he's going to be stuck with.

The three men were walking away from the administrative desk with badges around their necks now and fancy little bags of small paperback book as well some other gift-bag goodies. Hideki was walking between his two coworker with his head facing downward and staring into the bag deeply. "I can't believe the gave us pens and pencils- that's just so...", Hideki the o's in his so drag onto into a fade as he thought of what he was to say next. "-so lame!", Takei said loudly," but hey it was worth because I got that fine lady's phone number~" Warren rolled his eyes and sighed," Guy's were here for the job and Takei, respect your wife man, If you keep this up I'll tell her about how you can't when she's not around." Takei suddenly begins to sweat feverishly, and Hideki looks up as his lips stretch into a wide smile that beamed between the two men. "I-I'm sorry Warren, please don't tell Hibiki, she would have my ass!", his hands folded into a begging gesture. "I wouldn't stop it, Takei...", said the other as he shook his head.

By then the trio had carried themselves to a rather large meeting room where it seemed several dozens of people had been crammed into it. Leaning forward to peer into the room through a small window on the door, Hideki looked about the room with his dark brown eyes. "There are a lot of people in there," he said before look between his friends. "I'll see you two on the other side?" Warren and Takei nodded together," Yep, right there behind you."

The three pushed past the double doors and seamlessly faded into the crowd, splitting up to find their new partners. In every goodie bag an Agent received from the administration he could find a small bag with an ID card in it, and the ID card was for the student the Agent or Recruiter was paired with- it had their picture and name on it. Hideki's hand sifted the bag to find the package, and with a careful but swift action he tore the seal off and pulled out a lanyard with the ID at the end of it. Looking at it the young Agent would blink.

"Michaelis Valentine?", he said aloud softly before looking around the room. There were just so many people, how was this suppose to work? This was a horrible design, thought the man to himself and he began to push past people. Soon the raven found a wall and wandered about the edges of the room until he happened upon a seemingly familiar person. Hideki noticed a young man with an eye patch as well as a few piercings and immediately the day before seemed to flood right back into his memory. Eyeing Michaelis the young man approached him, and cleared his throat," Hey I saw you at the festival yesterday," Hideki spoke aloud- he honestly wasn't thinking about his pairing at the moment, he was simply interested in the man before him more so. "Do you know who your pairing is? I'm still trying to find mine...", looking toward the crowd the man seemed ignorant to the fact that the man before him had his picture on the ID he had been carrying.

When the agents start entering the room, the students immediately begin shifting and whispering among themselves. Uninterested and not really being able to care less about the situation, he rests his cheek on one hand while looking out the window. Perhaps I'll get lucky and my partner won't show up and I can just go home or be put at a different site. Just as he finishes the thought someone talks to him, causing him to barely refrain from sighing aloud.

Slowly, Michaelis glances over to look over the person who's talking to him. Seeing that it's one of the agents the reluctant male slowly raises an eyebrow. ...Is he serious? He thinks blandly to himself seeing his picture on the ID hanging from the other's hand. His doubts and reluctance only increases upon this first meeting with the man he's supposed to learn from. Realizing that he should reply so as to get the other to move along, Michaelis finally shrugs. "As students we're not told who our partner is as it's up to the agency site to decide how we will be 'partnered'." This is true. "As for seeing me yesterday, that's hardly surprising considering everyone had to pass through the area you and the others were set up." Also true.

Gaze drifting away, it's clear that he's not interested in dragging out the conversation. "Good luck finding your partner." False. He honestly is hoping that the other gives up and goes on back to the SCU without knowing it's him. "I'm sure they're here somewhere." This is also true, though nothing says that he needs to tell the other that his partner is sitting right in front of him and can see the picture on the ID.

I wonder if I could slip away yet... Thoughts of ditching to go to work or grab an early lunch are starting to pop up. While it may seem like he's not paying attention to what the other male is doing, Michaelis is actually very aware of the other standing there and if he'll move on, keep trying to drag out the small talk, or finally realize that his intern is the male that apparently has already made an impression without even having said a word.

Hideki gave a reluctant sigh before looking over to the rather peculiar male just a short distance from him, hear the words he spoke about how the students have to wait and that they wish him luck on finding his partner. The Agent gave a warm smile and his eyes closed as he let out a short chuckle," Yeah I know this whole system is completely dreadful, isn't it?" As the sounds in his throat subsided the older man of the two looked out into the crowd for a moment, as if absently searching for the man that was right before him. "You would happen to know who Michael...", Hideki started to ask as his head and gaze returned to the student with an eye-patch, at first looking at him as he spoke. "Haha, give me a sec' I need to look at the-", the Agent's voice faded as he blinked at the badge in his hands.

His brown orbs lifted to look at Michaelis, then back to the badge, and once again to Michaelis. He was dead silent as this continued for a moment until," OH MY WORD, HEY!!" Hideki suddenly was overcome with excitement as he held out the badge to the student he was talking with. "HEY, HEY, HEY- We're partners!! How cool is that?!", the man broke his excited gaze as he looked back down at the badge. "Ahaha, that was so silly of me. I'm sorry about that, I'm sure you probably noticed it right?", Hideki laughed at himself lightly before extending a hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Michaelis Valentine, I'm Hideki Ignatiev- your SCU partner!", the man was smiling the widest most welcoming smile he could muster and would hold his hand towards the other for as long as he needed.

When the other laughs and comments on the system, Michaelis gives a slight smile. When the other starts to ask him if he knows who his partner is but then stumbles on the name, he raises an eyebrow and tilts the chair back slightly as he waits. A faint sigh of resignation let loose as the other male goes to look at the ID. At the other's question and extended hand, he lets his chair settle back down with a thud then stands up, which at 6'4" makes him even more noticeable or intimidating up close. "I had noticed. What with my picture hanging in my face and all." He returns dryly before grudgingly shaking the offered hand.

"By the way, it's pronounced Meh-kai-less, and if you ever pronounce my last name like the ridiculous holiday I won't be held responsible for what happens after. It's 'teen' not "tyne'." He comments with a shrug while pulling his hand back. The pronunciation difference is slight, but it's enough to irritate him after having dealt with it for so many years.

Returning to the present he looks down at his "partner". "So, what does this entail exactly? They weren't exactly forthcoming in the letter or entrance ceremony." Not that he attended the latter, but he'd heard others complain about the whole mystery of things. Plus he hadn't gotten a flier about the SCU during his walk through of the festival. Without really waiting he herds the other out of the crowded room into the slightly less crowded hallway and leads the way out of the building. To say that he's had enough of the place for the day would be a bit of an understatement.

At least my partner's kind of cute. The thought drifts through his mind as they exit the school.

If this were an anime or a manga, an over-sized very visible sweat drop would have appeared by the Agent's face as the younger man stood and so quickly towered him. Hideki still gave the man a huge smile and shook his hand gladly, though he was dwarfed at his meager 5'7" height. "W-wow you're pretty tall!", he said a bit awkwardly and suddenly traumatized by his gnomish form. When promptly corrected the older, short fellow of the two would blink and look a bit surprise. "Oh, I'm so sorry-", he replied quickly trying to mend a nonexistent wound he felt he had just created. "Meh-kai-less Valen-teen...", Hideki repeated that to himself a few times after the handshake was over. For a moment while Michaelis was quite the Agent repeated that to himself over and over, a worry washing over him that he may get it wrong again, but it was then that the student inquired about the details of this so called program.

Brown eyes met a single gold one with a rather happy grin, and Hideki's lips parted to speak as he found himself suddenly led towards the door. He thought it was a bit odd, but the room was rather crowded so he presumed there was not much reason to be there once they had found one another. "Well, uh...", he began as his gaze wandered during their travel out of the room. "I-I'm actually a last minute replacement of a co-worker who has been doing this from the beginning- so I-I really don't know all that much," as he spoke a bit shyly to his admittance of a lack of knowledge to this whole ordeal, he would rub the back of his neck, and still follow the other outside. "-But I um- I have this little pamphlet-," suddenly the raven haired man paused and looked about the area. "Oh- Crap. When did we get outside?", Hideki hadn't even noticed where the younger man was taking him. "I guess you're not too fond of crowds, are you?", he questioned lightly.

Michaelis finds the other's reaction to the corrections and being outside amusing, causing him to give a faint smile. When asked about crowds, Michaelis tilts his head in thought and shrugs slightly. "I don't have a problem with them, but I don't care to linger in them either." He states simply before frowning slightly. Even outside he attracts a fair bit of attention, or perhaps it's now that he's with someone. Dismissing it without further thought, he takes the pamphlet to try and get a better feel for just what it is he's gotten in to.

"I should warn you, I have a job so whatever this requires will have to work around that. It's mostly part-time, but unless this thing is going to pay, it's going to have to be the one to give." Particularly since he hadn't wanted to do this anyway. "So what is it you do exactly?" He asks while looking over the information on the small piece of paper. Without seeming to pay too much attention, Michaelis leads them to a bench and flops down on it without looking up from the handout.

Thankfully it seems that the extent of his abilities remain unknown as Hideki hasn't commented on them yet, nor has he heard any concrete rumors of what his talents are. That works for him as it means that no one really knows for sure, and that means he's been successful at hiding. Talk about a king among freaks. He thinks to himself.

Without giving away his thoughts, he turns to glance over at the shorter male. "Do we get started today? Or when is the orientation, induction, or whatever it is you guys do?"

Brown eyes blinked towards the other taller, younger man and Hideki quickly smiled at what must of been a small grin curl the other's lips upward, and it made him a bit happy. Perhaps he felt they were connecting a bit, which he thought was fantastic this soon, and especially since the student seems to be a bit introverted. "Well, that's good- sorry for the assumption. I don't usually do that I guess I'm just nervous never having done this before!", Hideki spoke a bit quickly as he pulled the pamphlet out of his little goodie bag only to have the taller man take it from him, but it didn't really phase him.

"Oh yeah, of course! I mean you're just a college student- and I know how that is, I worked on the local police force while I got my masters in Criminal Justice," following Michaelis the Agent attempted to look at the pamphlet from a safe acceptable distance as they walked. When the taller gentlemen took a seat on the bench Hideki moved to sit by him, but instead hesitated and simply resigned to standing at an angle from him. Better to not to be too close to someone, the man would think to himself. "What is it I do?", Hideki repeated the question rhetorically before kicking rocks on the ground and sticking his hand in his pockets. "At the SCU, or Special Crimes Unit, we function as a specialized for in very specific crimes. These crimes usually involve children, abduction, sexual crimes, or power related crimes- not all power related crimes, but ones somehow relative to the crimes aforementioned."

Stopping in front of Michaelis, Hideki gave a small hum looking the man before him over before sitting on the balls of his feet. "I imagine it's something like a long-term ride along where I show you the ropes in a subtle streamlined way, and you decide if you like," he said looking up at the other. He looked away a moment," So... If I may ask," he paused and looked up at Michaelis. "What kind of powers do you have?"

Michaelis stares at Hideki with a bland expression as the other male recites the SCU spiel. "Well that's all well and good for the pamphlet, but that doesn't tell me anything about what you do that I can't find either in this packet or a quick internet search." He states flatly before sighing and tucking said pamphlet away. Perhaps this partner of his is all looks and no brains, which would be sad and painful to deal with. But not surprising giving the government's tendency to want lackeys, not people with brains and personality.

When Hideki sits down in front of him, his mind drifts to other potential uses for said position before snapping back to the present. Now is not the time for those kind of thoughts. He tells himself sternly before refocusing on the other. At the question he raises an eyebrow, which only goes up a bit further as the other asks without waiting for a response.

"Whether or not you may ask, you asked anyway." Michaelis points out before standing up. "As for that, it's pretty personal to be asking someone you just met. So I guess you'll just have to wait and find out." He drolls over his shoulder as he starts walking again, pausing briefly as he tosses another comment over his shoulder. "Oh, you never did answer my question as to when we start this whole fiasco by the way."

Without really waiting Michaelis starts walking again, this time determined to get some lunch as it's getting late. "Hmm, pizza or Mexican..." He murmurs to himself. Deciding on Mexican he leads the way to a nondescript place that upon entering is filled with the smells of good authentic Mexican food, chatter of patrons and staff, as well as the background music. Finding a seat a waitress soon arrives with water, chips and salsa.

Hideki's dark eyes searched the other male, his mind wondering on about the powers he could possess, or what was wrong with the eye hidden behind the clothe patch; However, the thoughts did not persist indefinitely- when Michaelis spoke of his sub-par response to the question of what he did he found himself taken aback. "O-Oh, I'm sorry that I misunderstood...", murmured the older man softly. It was a tone of confusion, and perhaps a disheartened tone as well. The raven's gaze followed as the other man suddenly stood and began to walk off, the smaller man standing a bit slowly, but following nonetheless.

"I-I apologize, I guess I wasn't really thinking about how you felt with them- I just assumed that-... That being you were here and paired with me...I-... I'm sorry, I was wrong," Hideki attempted to make a quick amends, his eyes shying away even from the taller man's back as a nervous hand rubbed at his neck. The Agent's boring brown eyes stay toward the ground as a general sense of melancholy seems to emanate from him now, but he looks up as Michaelis questions him about when this whole thing really begins. "Oh, um... Whenever the first day of the semester begins, I think. I'll have to inquire more too," this felt like a mistake almost, even trying to be this guy's friend. Maybe that's why he gave off such a scary aura...

"And I... You asked what I do," Hideki began not really noticing how far he had followed the student. "I apologize for misinterpreting what you meant, but I can still tell you. I specialize in crimes against children- I find those with powers abducted by others wishing to abuse them and or their abilities. Or I find abusive gift users doing harm to their own kin or children... I specialize in those things so I-... I investigate and do stake outs, I do undercover work...", as the Agent carried on it seemed as if his mood got even darker and more blue.

As Michaelis entered the Mexican restaurant the man would pause for a moment and look up at the name of the establishment, mentally noting it before continuing after his new colleague. "So," he said taking a seat," That's what I do."

It's like I can feel the sadness coming out of him in waves. Michaelis thinks exasperatedly. "Asking me about my powers would be like asking you how you like to have sex. Though I'm surprised they didn't give you some kind of profile or something on me." He states simply before listening to what the other does specifically within the SCU. He frowns and barely holds back a sigh. Great. Of all things I get stuck with, I have the most depressing one. Letting out a rough sigh he looks at the other, one finger tapping on the table.

"You're job is depressing as fuck." He states bluntly, seeing no point in sugar coating it or being falsely sympathetic. "Granted, someone needs to do it but that doesn't mean it isn't fucked up that it's a job that needs to be done." While he doesn't really care for kids himself, he figures they're kind of like animals in that they are innocent and gullible. At least animals have ways to fight back that kids don't though.

When the waitress comes back he orders a Margarita, tamales, and an enchilada. "So as your partner, how much of that will I be doing with you? Everything, or only bits like investigating and paperwork?" He asks after Hideki is able to place his own order, snacking on the chips while he waits. The atmosphere of the restaurant makes it difficult to sulk or linger on depressing topics, which is a good thing for the both of them. Their food comes out fairly quickly and Michaelis is soon paying more attention to his food than his mentor.

When powers were suddenly compared to sex the raven haired man gave a short jolted motion upward as if just shocked by a running current, and his eyes were wide for the same duration. "I-I don't think those two are quite the same," Hideki gave a small chuckle, and his mood lightened up a tad. When told how utterly sad his job was the Agent simply sat there and took every word without response of any kind, his eyes trained on the man before them as he spoke. Michaelis wasn't wrong, the job was depressing, and he knew that- it was also right that someone had to do it; however, Hideki chose this profession.

"It can be devastating when on an investigation, you feel as if you owe everything to every case, and every case is like a bad break up- it takes a piece of you with it. However, majority of the things I do involve living children so I can't be depressing or depressed- I have to be happy or they will know how bad everything really is," as the man spoke he spoke with passion, but it simmered down as the student followed up with an inquiry of the time they would spend together. "We'll spend 3-5 hours every weekday together, and alternate Friday/Sunday, and Saturdays on the weekends. We will go over training tactics like negotiations with hostage situations and we will also work on a cold case during the duration of the program to mimic a real-time investigation similar to that of-", Hideki paused when the waitress walked up and he swallowed hard. Quickly he shook his head," N-no thank, just a water for me. Thanks."

When the woman walked off the Agent would promptly continue," -to that of the Yujisana case that's all over the news right now." Hideki looked toward the ground and let out a short laugh of disbelief. "They um... That was my case actually," he said softly before smiling towards Michaelis. "They gave it to someone else and put me in the program, was actually kind of shitty," he said before shaking his head and looking away. "Sorry- Hah, just... Just forget about what I said."

When told that his comparison isn't quite right, he raises an eyebrow. "Have a lot of experience with having powers or being asked about your sex life do you?" He asks idly before letting it drop with a shrug. For him it is that personal just because he knows how "unique" they are and that the government will do everything it can to have control over them. That being said, he's now thinking about how long it's been since he's last gotten laid and wonders if he should go out tonight to find someone.

At the schedule he frowns slightly and tilts his head. "Wouldn't it make more sense to have it mimic real work schedules? I'm going to take a wild guess and say you don't work three to five hour long shifts everyday. Not unless the job pays pretty damn good anyway." Honestly it seems bizarre to him, even as an internship program, and it could affect his working hours this way as well. For now he'll have to wait and see if what Hideki says holds true, and if so, will have to work out another schedule.

Frowning, he continues after tapping his finger a few times. "That may pose a problem if that's really how it's set up. I did mention I have a job and my main days are Thursday through Saturday. Day shifts from ten am to six pm." The store he works at is closed on Sundays so those aren't an issue, but depending on how early his time with Hideki will be, then he may have to shorten his shifts at the bar or change days. Living alone isn't cheap after all, and unless his new partner wants to pay his bills, then something will have to give a little.

Glancing at a clock, it isn't that late yet but he wonders if the shorter male has anything better to do than hang around him all day. "If you have something else you need to do, don't feel obligated to stay. I'm sure you have more important things to do than watch me eat. I'll probably head home after anyway." It wouldn't hurt his feelings either way, but Michaelis has a feeling that the other is a big of a softy as he appears to be.

• Saga locked this topic