Top10 novels (and genres)

Ragne

Hello! Instead of asking for recs I was wondering if it would be more interesting to ask what are your top10 novels and which kinds of novels you usually prefer!

I usually like novels that don't focus on the romance but that mix romance with plot. I love fantasy and urban fantasy, I love hurt/comfort (A+ content), I love gentle characters and characters that are misunderstood as cold but only needs some hugs, enemies to lovers stories and I adore stories that dwell with mythos and royalty.

1) The Rifter series by Ginn Hale (sort of medieval fantasy, two main characters, travelling between words, ) magical powers, enemies to lovers I guess, epic)

2) The Archer's Heart by Astrid Amara (fantasy inspired by Indian mythology, sort of instant fall into lust, but slowly falling in love, long plot)

3) Tournament of Losers by Megan Derr (fantasy setting, a tournament to marry the prince, misunderstandings that end up in fairytale romance)

4) The God Eaters by Hajicek (characters met in prison, fantasy, very plotty)

5) Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale (urban fantasy, enemies to lover, detective story)

6) The Course of Honor by Avoliot (this is actually on ao3, but it is novel quality. Space adventure, arranged marriage, royalty, misunderstandings, it has everything I could want)

7) Shades of Grey by Brooke McKinley (classic FBI guy falls in love with criminal)

8) Cagebird by Lowachee (in space, characters met in prison, mostly about the main character and the love story is very secondary, but what a great main character, quite violent, I have to admit)

9) The Only Gold by Tamara Allen (Victorian era, sweet and soft but with some big surprises)

10) The Reliquary Ring by Cherith Baldry (renaissance sci fi, clones, multiple main characters, there are two gay romances but secondary and one is unrequired!)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragne

• auser

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
there is this thread that I love & stalk religiously with the same idea:

oh wait, it's also started by you:D Thank you ahah, when I just started out reading BL novels, it was my everything and I basically read books only from that thread:D:D I don't know if you prefer to start a new thread instead, I will post my answer there to bump it higher.

P.S. your list changed too:D

• 4 weeks later...

haha, I didn't even remember of that thread! Ohh, it's true, some of my choices changed. Interesting! : D